Everybody knows about Ireland, Scotland and England...

Everybody knows about Ireland, Scotland and England. But if you talked to the average American about Wales they would have no idea where or what Wales is. Why is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AM4mIlYKG9s
youtube.com/watch?v=L8jVrWQZmYs
youtube.com/watch?v=fA31dE-6i_o
youtube.com/watch?v=XSEU5zHgcTc
youtube.com/watch?v=JV8q9xkfe_A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_Man_(1941_film)
youtu.be/MxL9cXrcIJc?t=1475
youtube.com/watch?v=cnP-nV_pydM
youtube.com/watch?v=Okp6gaFDRwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They know all about Wales. I know because they always get pissed when I try to fish for them.

Common core?

it's a small country with a tiny population smaller than the population of some counties in England even, I doubt even most Europeans know where Wales is

Whales and Wales are different spellings you little comedian

Iam CIA
you werent supposed to bring friends

this is a survey thread btw

youtube.com/watch?v=AM4mIlYKG9s

I'm Welsh, and admittedly Wales is for various reasons (geography included) we aren't as culturally distinct as Ireland and Scotland. Our history is something to be relatively proud of: battling the Romans, developing a unique Celtic culture, preserving a unique and ancient language, etc.

Much of South Wales is equivalent to West Virginia: historic coal industry now blighted by isolated towns with few jobs.

The North is mostly farmland, often rugged. They are "more Welsh" in the sense that many speak the language and are hostile to English people buying holiday homes there (see: Meibion Glyndwr).

South Wales attracted workers from all over Ireland and England to work in the mines, and also foreign people (Somalis etc) to work in the docks in Cardiff. After the decline of industry there is a lot of unemployment, drug use, and so on. Also Cardiff and Newport have a huge Muslim population (2% of the population) and already there have been around 25 arrests of extremist Muslims in the past 7 years or so.

Pontyprid here btw

Meme country. You need to go to war for us to know you.

Historically subsumed into England for all practical intents and purposes.

Probably because less Welsh came over as immigrants in pioneer times, where as a lot of Americans know they have Scottish, Irish or English ancestry.

Also this is American education you're talking about. The people who commonly treat Scotland and Britain, Scottish and British as mutually exclusive terms.

Its because Wales has sadly been clumped into England a lot (We got annexed in 1536, unlike Scotland that joined the Union). Its very unfortunate that many Americans don't know who we are

because nobody ever wants to admit they were in wales because everyone will know they went there to shag sheep

Interesting.. Was hoping someone from Wales would reply. I'm part Welsh(also Irish and English) but since was paternal grandmother is Welsh. My father loves Wales, me being named Dylan Thomas and calling my grandparent Nain and Taid for example.

You guys have villages with very long names

Made me laugh

Wales has never had a movie set there

Everyone knows that the british isles are bastions of faggotry

coming from a Scandinavian, go drink some more Somalian cum

Hinterland?

They are sheep fuckers.

Nain and Taid implies he's from north wales

(in the south we call our grandparents mamgu and tadcu)

also Dylan is the name of an old welsh god of the sea

Welsh choirs are based.

youtube.com/watch?v=L8jVrWQZmYs

youtube.com/watch?v=fA31dE-6i_o

pretty close

youtube.com/watch?v=XSEU5zHgcTc

A lot of my family is ethnically Welsh. A lot of Williamses, Morgans, and Evanses.

Is Cornwall still considered a part of Wales?

Yes Nain and Taid is common among Welsh-speakers. Nanny and Bampy is more common among modern Welsh people, in the South at least.

Has your father ever visited Wales?

Also Dylan Thomas is a great poet though there are many, many lies told about his life and personality. For example, there is no evidence he drank "15 straight whiskeys" on the night he died, and he may very well have died as a result of a doctor-friend prescribing him the wrong medicine.

This is what Wales is like for many people today: youtube.com/watch?v=JV8q9xkfe_A

There are plenty of Arabs here, but few Somalians.
We need Hitler pretty badly

Also, the fact that Scandinavia sucks doesn't make the UK caliphate any better.

Not necessarily true.

There is just one meme village which renamed itself in like the 70s in an effort to draw attention to itself and cause lame-ass comedians from Wales to make American talk show hosts piss their panties by proving they can pronounce it.

Libshit trash.
Like sheep too much.
Sing song meme language.

Cer i ffwrdd rydym yn llawn.

>battling the Romans
You mean being fucked up the arse by Romans

Wales rules the world. We are at the head of every national government, every banking organisation, and every major business. You are all just pawns on our Welsh chessboard.

Nobody knows we exist because we are so secretive and so that nobody knows that we are the ones that really run the world.

No, but the languages are very similar and they REEEE for similar reasons today.

Could be worse. You could be Cornish.

>implying

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_Man_(1941_film)

>a fucking leek

Eventually yes, like most of southern Britain. But the Romans found it notoriously difficult to traverse the terrain (steep valleys etc) and it took them much longer and more effort than anticipated.

Cornwall is its own Celtic nations.

The only map of Britain I'll recognise

Also my main argument against Welsh independent

essential viewing of the mindset of the welsh, the whole documentary is great to watch

youtu.be/MxL9cXrcIJc?t=1475

>>>>twin town

fresh oc

> 34:10 "considered relocating the entire colony to south africa"

Thank God they didn't

started watching it, its pretty cool. I sent it to my dad too

>The North is mostly farmland, often rugged. They are "more Welsh"

Top fucking kek, not once you hit the coast m8. We're basically genetic run-off from Manchester and Liverpool

Because Wales is more Anglo than Scotland or Ireland (culturally) as England annexed Wales in the Middle ages, whereas Scotland and Ireland were brought into the union much more recently, and via political means.

>Cardiff has a huge muslim population
>2% of the population

Oh my sweet summer child. If only you could see Birmingham

>set in Africa
What did he mean by this?

subtle

You've never met an '''average''' amerifat if you think they know what ireland scotland and england re. Most think ireland is a made-up fantasy land akin to middleearth or something. Mate. Come on.

Welshman checking in

Valleys here.
I won't lie were a bunch of cunts down here because people are poor and shiet.
At least we aren't Cardiff.

Only bongs care about the difference between Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man, NORN IRON CUNT, etc;
To everyone else a bong is a bong. I only know because of Crusader Kings 2.

>Doctor who

>Only yanks care about the difference between Alabama, Washington, California , Texas, ALASKA CUNT, etc;
To everyone else a yank is a yank . I only know because of Europa Universalis IV

BASED WELSH

Kek.
EU 4 is better than HOI 4 though desu.

>youtube.com/watch?v=cnP-nV_pydM

Welsh is the med anglo.

ayy lmao me 2

which one m8?

Cardiff is the only redeeming aspect of Wales.

Also where in the Valleys?

Rhondda.
Probably the worst of the bunch.
Also
>Cardiff is the only redeeming aspect of Wales.
T. Muzzie

oh wtf I just found this

youtube.com/watch?v=Okp6gaFDRwc

Because the UK is irrelevant nowadays. Nobody cares about them anymore. The most important nations are: US, Russia, China, Japan

Between the information deficit and hundreds of years of being cucked by the english, wales has been left a husk of a nation. We've let our language die. Our literature is forgotten. Our cuisine is rarely eaten.

We may as well become a part of england at this point.

Source : Welsh speaking welshman

I fucking hate chavs

Valleys cunt here too.

It's pretty sensational, though there are a lot of tanned roiheads and disgusting fake-tanned stacies around the valleys.

The thing is, most of these men would have been working manual labour 50 years ago, now they're sitting in call centres, so they perhaps feel emasculated.

There are as many call centre workers in Wales now as there were coal miners at the peak of the coal industry. It's a sorry state of affairs.

merthyr here, not much better desu

Dowlais here

Where abouts in Rhondda?

Pontypridd here.

And Cardiff is literally the only good thing about South Wales. Swansea is a dump, Newport is too, Llanelli is full of heroin, and the only decent places left are the anglicized (non-Welsh) areas of Glamorgan where all the accountants, lawyers etc from Cardiff live.

>flag

proxy? or just lost?

>what is an expat

top mong

>Blade runner

Who /caerphilly/ here?

It's South UK with weird words and everyone talks like Ms. Doubtfire, right?

>the only decent places left are the anglicized (non-Welsh) areas of Glamorgan where all the accountants, lawyers etc from Cardiff live.
Fucking dic sion dafydd
what said

TFW expat living in Sweden.

Seriously lads, you've no idea how good you've got it.

expat = lost

have you not felt the hiraeth before my sweet summer child?

i only know calzaghe.
you should make a Cycling race on that Constitutional Hill.

top kek

It's fucking lovely here mate!

Only for family and the odd peters pie. Don't miss the chavs desu

>peters pie

come on lad, it has a serious meaning

Yeah, Sweden is nice and all. But the other user is right, I've got a bad case of Hiraeth. I haven't been here long and I'm missing home, which I didn't think I would.
I'm sure it'll pass.

The summer is nearly here so it's a much more pleasant place to be. You in stockholm? The city comes alive in june - august

In fairness i'm pretty happy here. I've been living away on and off for years so i guess i'm used to it

I am in Stockholm. In Östermalm which is quite a nice area. I took a trip to Rinkeby last week just to see if it was as bad as people say.
I'm glad I went there in the day is all I'll say.

Long live Wales!

You're also missing out on the most underappreciated band of all time by ignoring Wales.

Nobuyuki bringing the bantz again.

Fucking hell son that's like the most expensive part of the city! What you doing here?

I actually wanted to do that too, although i never got round to it. I did go to vårberg to see an apartment though, that was bad enough

It's not the cheapest. Thankfully I'm living with my girlfriend and she's paying the rent, we've only got a studio flat so will probably move somewhere bigger in a cheaper area soon.

What are you doing in Stockholm, if you don't mind my asking? I'm looking for a job while waiting to start uni and I think I'm a bit screwed without knowing Swedish.

>Where abouts in Rhondda?
You also want my address MI5?
>And Cardiff is literally the only good thing about South Wales. Swansea is a dump, Newport is too, Llanelli is full of heroin, and the only decent places left are the anglicized (non-Welsh) areas of Glamorgan where all the accountants, lawyers etc from Cardiff live.
I agree the South is a shit hole in fact I'm thinking about moving North sometime in the future but you can't deny Cardiff is full of arseholes and muzzies.

>I agree the South is a shit hole in fact I'm thinking about moving North sometime in the future but you can't deny Cardiff is full of arseholes and muzzies.
Isn't the entirety of Wales, if not the UK just shit? Is there even anything relevant up North?

I like the welsh but why when I ask for directions do they pretend they can't speak English

>Isn't the entirety of Wales, if not the UK just shit? Is there even anything relevant up North?
Not all of the UK is shit it's just the large city's and very poor areas that are shit I'm sure there's plenty of places up north and maybe even down south that are nice.

I work as a web developer here.

Well your best bet I'd say is probably bar work. I've met plenty of English speaking people working in bars here. I'd try all the touristy bars in gamla Stan if I were you and any Irish/British bar in the city

I love you Wales, you're good lads. Nice homely accent too, for the most part.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that.

Because it doesn't fucking matter.