STUDY: Men now shop for groceries as often as women

STUDY: Men now shop for groceries as often as women

>The myth that women are solely responsible for household shopping persists, but reality paints a different picture. Today, both men and women visit the grocery store in nearly equal numbers — women account for 51% of grocery shoppers, and men 49%.

>This doesn't necessarily mean the genders share purchasing behaviors, however. In general, men are more likely to shop online and at club and convenience stores than women. They also are are more likely to have a plan of what they want to buy (if not an actual list) and stick to it, according to a recent Hartman Group report. Men are less price sensitive on average than women shoppers, so grocers may find there are opportunities to sell more expensive items to this group.

fooddive.com/news/grocery--study-men-now-shop-for-groceries-as-often-as-women/441187/

---

Are the genders finally becoming equal?

What do you think about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

advances.nutrition.org/content/3/4/506.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4644575/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3649719/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/our/ household would starve to death if I didnt shop or make the money

My wife always buys the wrong shit at the store whenever she goes so I go probably more than her.

>neglects to mention that the lady of the house is probably the only one who knows how to cook and the household would starve to death if she didn't do the cooking

modern women can't cook
why would they do the grocery shopping?

...and we shop better than women too. In and out quickly, under budget.

>Modern women
>Knowing how to do anything other than complain and get knocked up by other idiots

Men have always done the things women do (usually better too) the opposite is not true.

The only reason shopping became a "woman's job" is because it something they can only fuck up so much.

Women can't cook, all the top chefs are men.

>modern women
>knowing how to cook
>not being useless

lol

It's just me and the dogs

I go my own way

UUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Have you ever met a woman under 30? None of them can cook.

Women used to take care of the home. Now they don't, so men are taking on those responsibilities. I think a lot of young men are starting to ask themselves what a woman can even do for them. I used to laugh at the mgtow's and mens' rights fedoras, but I'm really starting to think their fantasies of men abandoning women (or the other way around, or some combination of the two; doesn't really matter) are coming true.

This

Seriously

Their idea of cooking is reheating take out

Fake tits are disgusting.

I want shit done right so i do my groceries once a week, i know that i have to have meat at least three times a week and i do half the cooking.

>They also are are more likely to have a plan of what they want to buy (if not an actual list) and stick to it,
right
>Men are less price sensitive on average than women shoppers
wrong

Women just use "price" as an excuse to buy some shit they didn't need.

I can cook better than my gf, she can bake better. Also I shop more often than she does since the store is ten feet away and I can hold more stuff.

I eat women.

Welp. Can't deny that. We both go to get shit when we need it and I don't look at prices ever until I'm at the register

I like how my parents handled cooking

mom would b=do the easy, everyday cooking

dad would cook the big Sunday meals when we'd have them and especially on the holidays

>chicken breast, chicken thighs, rice, beans, spinach, malk, water and kool aid mix
Anything else and you're overspending

The problem I have with this is that they carry a certain pride in not being able to cook for themselves. I dont get it. Since when is it an area of pride to not have an important life skill.

The other type of woman I have encountered is the one that overestimates her ability to cook.

>Im a great cook user
>Here have some of my super world famous yummy eggs

Literally eggs with little hotdogs cut up into it.

Why would I want my woman to do the groceries? I know what I want, I like to spontaneously shop things and I actually enjoy browsing all type of stores. She's just gonna buy only things that we actually need and look at the prices rather than buying the things woth the best looking packaging.

more importantly:

modern "men" think that is normal to go down on a woman.

I imagine bachelors have a lot of fun just having complete control over what they buy and consume, but dads and men who don't "shop" and do "woman things" in general are so fucking terrible with money it's a sin.

I'm jelly

>and we shop better than women too. In and out quickly, under budget.

>Men are less price sensitive on average than women shoppers, so grocers may find there are opportunities to sell more expensive items to this group.

leg quarters are the shit

There was a sale the other week where I bought 3 ten pound bags of leg quarters for $3.25 each

>Who was Julia Child?

Women have no idea how to shop for groceries
They buy impulsive for stupid expensive shit, and always forget the basics + they often don't understand the offers
% discount on 3rd article
% on second
>>OMG why life is so complicated

>trusting a woman to cook

Fucking laugable. If I wanted garbage food i'd just eat out.

BRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAP

>both sexes show clearly different behaviour
>"are genders becoming equal"
well... no, and they never will because we're biologically different

we got any other Ibottafags in here?
the saving app

some good bonuses every now and then

>Men are less price sensitive

>spending 10 minutes trying to decide if spending $0.05 more on name brand mayonnaise is worth it

shit man, everything is $/Oz, buy the lowest price and do the conversions in your head if they try to switch that shit up on you.

I do 95% of the shopping because It takes me less than half the time it takes my wife, and I don't come back with random shit that cost an extra $100.00 more. I also do all the cooking and driving. She does majority of cleaning, all the laundry, and we split the dishes, I get pots and pans she loads/unloads the dishwasher.

>knows how to cook
Are you implying following a recipe is a skill?

> STUDY: Men now shop for groceries as often as women
wow, makes sense, so progressive..
emmm.. so what?

women can't cook, men should shop for food. all the best chefs are men.

>Modern women
>Knowing how to cook
O I am laffin

>cleaning

my nemesis

the main reason I want a live-in GF or wife

but I guess it would just be cheaper to get one of those topless maids off craigslist

a tv personality

burger post:
>a tv show about cooking is the same as a high quality restaurant serving real food to real people

Women below the age of 30 can't cook for shit, they are utterly useless outside of sex. So why the hell would they shop groceries? They eat some green salad leafs and that's it. Men are taking over the responsibilities of women and doing it far better. God, women truly are inferior.

This.
>buy ingredients
>prepare tasty food
>eat tasty food
Wowowow soo cucked amirite

>Are you implying following a recipe is a skill?

that's genuinely how stupid people have gotten

at reunions it's some weird talking point among my aunts that I cook the majority of my meals
like they're amazed by the concept

most of the women i dated or fucked couldnt cook at all, i actually enjoy cooking
women are worthless

I make my bf do the shopping because at home he's too lazy to do the dishes and I'm agoraphobic.

This is true. I shop at 7-11 and I know exactly what I want to buy when I go.

It's not that the genders are "becoming equal". It's that people are getting married less often so they have no choice.

Who is behind these goddamn threads. Kikery is afoot

I'm a man, and I cannot cook worth shit. My wife, on the other hand, is an amazing cook. She's also a more patient shopper and will wait for deals before buying shit, where I just buy whatever I need now, no matter the price.

I basically come with her when she grocery shops to carry all of the stuff because we live so close to the grocery store and don't have a car yet (and she has weak girly arms).

Dead for how long now?

jews that are making man not want woman and woman not want mew

This

>He only makes 25k a year
>Still expect gf/wife to cook, clean, laundry.

Nope. Make more then we'll talk little boys.

Yea us husbands are tired of getting home at 6 from working and our wives dont wanna go to the store by themselves so it makes sense to kust stop on the way home and if you send them with your credit card to get one rhi g they will come back with 30 things we A"had" to have

>Doing a bbq or god tier food
>Letting your gf/wife do the shopping
Nope, that hoe will buy some cheap meat and say its was the most expensive.

Awww look at all these caring men who love to shop and cook for their senpai :) Life is good for us ladies!!

>Are the genders finally becoming equal?
Nope, men are just tired of women's shitty cooking.

When if you live by yourself you have to do the grocery shopping or die...

Now that I live with my gf she does the groceries and I do the laundry. I'd rather do the laundry anyways.

As a white man, I do go shopping once in a while.
Like to stock for a camping/wheeling trip with the guys. Or a camping/fishing trip with the guys.
Or to have snacks in my office.
So like 10 times a year

It's essential since most women can't stick to a budget if their lives depended on it.

Except I'm buying 50 bags of quickoats and whole milk instead of kale and vegetables

>posts big titty lady webm as an attention grab
>all replies are /ck/ tier and ignore the THOT

>woman: there is a sale on item X, we should get some
>I never eat item X, so don't bother
>woman: but there's a sale on right now, we'll save money!
>we're not saving money if we're spending money that normally wouldn't be spent
>woman: ???

Why is this even an issue for either genders? Grocery shopping is normal. Mall shopping is what women do.

>The myth that women are solely responsible for household shopping persists
they make these claims and then never follow them up

if more people are single how could there be a myth women go to groceries more than men

When men get equal rights in divorce courts and women come back in boxes from war in equal numbers to men I will believe in equality.

>it's another Sup Forums poverty cooking show episode

umm the 1950's called shitlord, they want their stereotypes of useful women back

nah we onto Amazon now

>tfw I eat fast food every single day
>tfw still on the low side of normal weight

I will likely die young but at least I will still look ok.

I don't know what's wrong with women these days. My ex used to sleep over at my apartment all the time, but never cleaned it or cooked anything. In fact, all she did was eat fast food, she was literally incapable of cooking anything. One time she tried making rice in a microwave.

My current gf is just as lazy, doesn't even know how to do laundry. Man I thought women were supposed to take care of you. It's like topsy turvy world nowadays. Women are becoming men and men are doing women's jobs.

WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING FRUIT? god dammit do Americans eat unhealthily

Would you look at that, I recognize that place.

>One time she tried making rice in a microwave.

instant rice?

I do that all the time

What is happening is that women are expected to be in the workplace. So if both people work it often falls on the less lazy person in the relationship to pick up the evening and weekend chores.

That has been my experience

t. 34 years old with 4 long term girlfriends over the years and one wife (divorced)

No man like actual rice from a bag, that she put into a bowl with water and set it to 4 minutes.

Women have shit taste.

I wouldn't let a woman buy me food.

>kale salad and the cheapest trash you could pick out and make into a casserole again? I love you honey!

Women doing food might make sense if you have an established culinary culture that's worth a damn, forged over thousands of years of husbands that were allowed to complain, throw plates across the room, and slap their wives for overcooking the steak, but we don't. In such situations, men get the food. Women just sort it out into baskets and keep it nice and organized for us.

And also complain because "honey there's too much saturated fat in your diet, how are you so skinny, why is your cholesterol so good, i already gained five pounds honey we need more kale salad and whole grain tofu casserole"

Pretty much. I subscribed to blue apron to teach my womern how to cook. Shits just as expensive as eating out, but she's legitimately learning some stuff so its worth it to me until we have kids.

I can grill and make spaghetti, but that's not enough.

Even Baby Boomer mothers would cook for their husbands and children.

Millennials are just stepping it up a notch by literally not doing anything. It's like living with a roommate that you can also fuck.

>fruit
>healthy

Enjoy your alzheimer, fellow sugar-eater.

I like to buy the groceries because I don't trust my gf to do it. I always get better deals, more food, spend less money. Women are retards with money.

are you a girl? if not have you ever had a girlfriend in this day and age?

my girlfriend knows how to scan documents, because it's her job, and that's about it. anything about being a woman is something im gonna have to make her learn.

Find a nice Catholic girl with Traditional values.

You won't get laid till marriage though!

>more single men
>more male shoppers

I wonder if there's a connection.

>not using telekinesis to fetch your groceries
Doubt it

She's so disgusting

Yeah, women can't hunt, they also can't gather. They're just lactating eggs on two feet waiting to get fertilized.

WHO THE FUCK KEEPS MAKING THESE THREADS WITH SLOW MO CREEPSHOTS??

People in the civilised world get their groceries delivered

At least baby boomer mothers actually made good shit to please their families instead of garbage to please their autistic budgeting and insane obsession with their personal health (as if everyone gains weight and stores fat like a woman or sedentary beta male)

Even then, men have always been the superior cooks. It's a process that demands rational thought, meticulous methodology, good eyeballing skills from spatial intelligence, enough intelligence to observe and understand basic chemistry, and the self control needed to watch a pot until it boils. Women can't do anything too good without a recipe book.

>I shop at 7-11

>Enjoy your alzheimer, fellow sugar-eater.
that's not how nutrition work.

advances.nutrition.org/content/3/4/506.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4644575/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3649719/

>the sugar is bad jew

As long as your insulin levels are OK sugar is good for your brain, and fruits are healthy to.

Sugar and fruit are expensive for jews to maintain, which is why they want to tarnish their reputation and replace them. Use common sense and study cell biology.

It's close and has what I need.

Well I can't speak for other American families but here in the upper midwest your mother usually did the cooking on the weekdays which was always passable and good food from the oven with sides and everything.

The weekend was dad grilling out and making the kind of food you hope for all week.

It's been the way for a few generations. I am an average cook at best within my home but I prefer grilled foods and grill our every other day.

It's a corner store. You must eat like a very good boy.