Redpill me on Climate Change

It s something that humans have caused

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tBt5eXX5dsU
futurism.com/moving-the-earth-could-this-be-a-global-warming-solution/
blogs.dnvgl.com/energy/the-future-of-solar-energy-concentrated-solar-power-vs-photovoltaic-power-plants
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A fun fact is that most of the CO2 emited come from cows and not from factorys as most of people think

absolutely before humans the climate never changed.

Nope. The climate's been changing since tens of millions of years before mankind made his first campfire.

Which one is saying the truth OP?
YOU MUST DECIDE ALONE

Which is a fucking null argument because for a cow to emit CO2 it must consume carbon from food/grass and Oxygen from the air, both of which are returned when the next field of grass is grown to feed the next set of cows.
That CO2 is literally meaningless.

If theoretically you could get 100% of the world's energy from the sun, and store the excess for rainy days months in advance, wouldn't you be okay with switching away from fossil fuels that ruin the air your children breath and the water tables your children drink?

Too bad you can't do that.

Its like the Fine Bros except instead of Reaction Videos its Jews wanting a piece your power bill.

So what, do you have a problem with humans returning rightful carbon to the Earth's surface, away from the greedy hands of the geologic jew?

MEGAFLORA FUCKING WHEN

Its is all fraudulent make believe. It is fantasy land for cucks. (The Valentine's Day Surprise - PR Newswire).

you literally can do this, and more importantly Nuclear reactors can do exactly this without needing nearly as much space, creating far less pollution (you think those solar arrays are made in pristine 0 emission labs?) and at a much lower cost (long term)

Possibly, but the cause is irrelevant. The climate is changing and we must do all we can to prevent it from changing more than absolutely necessary. That means cutting CO2 when we can and reducing ecological destruction whenever possible.

The world will rebalance it'self but only if we haven't completely fucked it.

>no curvature
Round earthers BTFO

Actually, a lot of solar plants are basically arrays of mirrors to collect light.

Which is then used to heat water. In a boiler. Yes, the most economical solar plant is basically a gigantic magnifying lens.

ITS A LIE

Why? How much change is absolutely necessary?

You sound like a crazy person.

>Ice ages.....

the sun radiation is in comparison to the ozone layer defined

This guy is professor Phil Jones, at the time director of the Climatic Research Unit and as a Professor in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia

youtu.be/tBt5eXX5dsU

It's a lie, because how do you explain snow and 5 degrees Celsius in almost mid May over here in Sweden?

ITT: people without degrees in atmos science.

GHG's are responsible for less than half of recent warming. The rest is caused by the current multi-decadal distribution of tropical convection (tropical multidecadal mode) and high solar.

negative phase of the north atlantic oscillation

caused? no
contributing to? yes

>It s something that humans have caused

We as civilization are pumping fuck loads of CO2 in atmosphere, it has effect how said ecosystem works. The thing is that we don't really know how ecosystem works. Just the caution principle says that humanity as whole should try limit its effect on rest of ecosystem should be good enough reason to limit our footprint on it.

some of the warming is also a natural rebound from the little ice age

Why is the earth not curving.

who even gives a crap about the shitty brown muslim world of the future ? They can roast to hell.

And who controls the cows?

>The climate is changing and we must do all we can to prevent it from changing

If the climate hadn't changed 11,000 years ago, Canada would be under a mile of ice.

Change the climate back to what it was!

I dont think you understand the consequences of global warming.

ferlass und bitte

It's fucking us over, because it's this is the last month to go out and plant your food and vegetables. The ecosystem is generally fucked because of a early hot weather then freezing the growth with this cold ass weather.

>time for blogpost
the global warming meme is the best thing that ever happened to me. Since it attracts shitty environmentalist type people to atmos science, the field as a whole is one of the dumbest in all of academia. I'm talking people who can barely do entry level calculus in a science that requires high level linear algebra and matrix analysis for any real breakthrough work.

This also makes it one of the easiest fields to advance in and ultimately reach the top level for a qualified person.

>recommends sensible pollution reductions...

>must be a crazy person

>DAWKumented fah this cumittie

Climate changers are almost universally mentally ill.

futurism.com/moving-the-earth-could-this-be-a-global-warming-solution/

>humans migrated across the land bridge connecting Siberia and Alaska 18,000 years ago
>ocean levels rose and the land bridge disappeared only a few thousand years later
>this happened without human industry
>we're supposed to believe the current rate of oceans rising is our fault, when it's more likely the goddamn mastodons farting methane & heating the oceans than it was ever our campfires for 18,000 years, and cars for the last hundred

You could scoop every human off the planet tonight and the oceans would still rise at the same rate they have been, because we're in an Ice Age(because we have glaciers) that is ending(because we see them receding) due to natural change.

If anything, we didn't hunt the woolly mammoth fast enough, those big dumb shitters.

then account for the methane, a 20x more potent greenhouse gas that the grass doesn't take in, you fucking potato nigger

Your warming graph goes to 2010, the "sunpower" whatever that is goes to 2001.

If you're looking for solar irradiance, we're currently in a low cycle. In fact that's a major point against the hypothesis that it's the sun and if anything is diminishing the effects of warming.

>what is thermal inertia
>TSI is the only aspect of solar forcing
>cloud nucleation effects aren't mediated by the solar cycle

REEEEEE armchair climatologists GTFO

>It's fucking us over

Friendo, this is why they talk about climate change instead of warming, because it's not going to be uniform.

There are massive disruptions of the weather ahead as the arctic is melting and that destablilizes the way the very cold arctic winds behave. The same reason Russia had an extreme summer of scorching heat some years ago that torched a lot of forest, is the same reason the US had record snows also a few years back.

From now on we can expect both arctic chills and scorching mediterranean heatwaves to come irregularly depending on how the polar winds behave.

>this is why they talk about climate change instead of warming

Sure it is. Sure it is.

>armchair climatologists

All I said was exactly what climatologists are saying. Solar forcing is a hypothesis but it's not considered relevant by the majority of climatologists on precisely the grounds I stated.

You could at least make the effort to state your argument fully and show the graphs, not just sperg out.

>arctic is melting
You're a fucking retarded brainwashed moron. The arctic is melting because we've been in a persistant +dipole anomaly regime since the 90's, added on top of our convective mode w/broad hadley cells. GHG's are responsible for maybe 10% of the melt, and hence ice will rebound in a matter of years

>Sure it is. Sure it is.

Yes it is. Showing shitty news clippings from the 70s proves what?

I can show you clippings talking about a hollow earth if we go back further.

Uh huh.

climate science is my life. The scientists you hear in the media are 3rd rate wannabe's who use the global warming meme to stay afloat. It's well known to top people that anthropogenic climate change is highly exaggerated.

>and hence ice will rebound in a matter of years

Okay, but that's not happening and the ice is currently melting which is causing the polar vortex to cast both ice chills and extreme heatwaves.

Unless you also have alternative science covering that.

Either way I don't care. This debate is boring because nobody does anything. Whiners like you don't want to face facts and the people in charge don't want to do anything that would actually combat climate change.

We're stuck with it regardless.

Your news from the 70s is no match for even earlier news.

that article refers to people who think humans CAUSE climate change, not people who think humans CONTRIBUTE TO climate change.

level headed person: I think humans contribute to climate change
moron: humans ARE NOT causing climate change like you claim. The Earth has gone through many cycles.
level headed person:

Or what about this alternative cosmology. Blows your shitty clippings out of the water.

You can't handle the truth man.

>arctic ice causes the polar vortex
you can't say stupid shit like that and expect to be taken seriously. Arctic summer ice extent, which is what people talk about when they talk about the melting arctic has exactly ZERO to do with extratropical weather patterns. It's a non-factor. These "hot/cold thingy's" are actually refered to as a negative arctic oscillation, and are caused by convective patterns in the tropics

Climate change is complete and utter bullshit and and I am literally at the point where I will punch people in the face who try to suggest otherwise.

It is just another progressive brain fart, right up there with polyamory and transgender children.

>The scientists you hear in the media

Actually I'm more concerned with what they're publishing.

> It's well known to top people

Oh top people. Where are their articles? In what journals do they publish? What are their names?

Way to miss the point you fucking chimp.

Exactly. CO2 is meaningless. Now you're getting it.

Your point is that there's a lot of bullshit printed in the news?

Wow, what an insight.

Climate change is a thing but it's not caused by humans or by greenhouse gasses. It's called the ice age cycle.

Do you believe human created air pollution is real?

> has exactly ZERO to do with extratropical weather patterns. It's a non-factor

It's the disruption in the temperature barrier that keeps the vortex stable that's the issue. It's the overall heating. Less ice, more ocean changes the albedo and causes more heat to be absorbed.

> caused by convective patterns in the tropics

I'm sure you have links to back up that the current changes in the polar vortex are caused by this and not heating of the artic?

It's real but what's happening is natural and I doubt CO2 has a lot of effect on the climate.

Space is relative. The north pole is the point where stuff is being dragged too.

In a real model the land masses would be dragged to the equator, so would be the water, so would be then the warm and cold air.

Methane causes a cooling effect where as CO2 supposedly causes a heating effect. The methane levels were the reasoning for the "global cooling" climate scare in the 70s-80s.

Seems time changes but scare tactics remain the same.

climate change is real
human made warming by CO2 is a money making scheme

Are you actually unaware that global cooling was all the rage in the 70s? And that the same retards who believed in that started pushing global warming in the 80s? And that the same retards, when things didn't get as warm as all of their doomsday predictions claimed started calling it climate change in the 2000s?

You aren't very well equipped to be arguing this issue.

Industrial CO2 is different than natural, and we can read how much is added to the environment. The cows matter but it's hardly the only thing going on.

A lot of those ancient eons were periods where humans couldn't have survived, hardly a reason to be nonchalant about things.

Natural CO2 is emitted and absorbed at much the same rate. What we added is tipping the balance, and that balance is tipping the fuck over now.

We can go full force on the breaks and make things better, but we're way past the point of regaining the previous balance.

Believing in climate change is like believing that Nigerian guy who emailed you and promised you 5 million dollars if you just help him out a bit by first sending 30 thousand dollars his way.

actually I do, except you're completely wrong about trends in the polar vortex. It's been getting stronger (+AO) recently in the winter/spring, which is coincidentally one of the reasons for increased arctic melting since a positive AO increases heat transport in the high latitudes. Albedo effects are insignificant, especially in the fall when anomalies have been at their highest since there is bery little solar radiation to work with.

Yeah I do, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the climate.

Generally an unstable vortex is good for arctic ice since it implies high pressure and clear skies over the ice, allowing intense long wave cooling.

Climate Change.

Democrats (Al Gore) concocted this bright idea that government could tax Carbon like a resource, just like oil is taxed, so that the government could collect more money from private business.

Is a taxation scheme.

/thread.

I'm always amazed at how people can debate something that isn't fucking occurring ad infinitum.

It's no different than having lengthy discussions about the tooth fairy.

in case people where wondering, this is what is causing arctic melt, not the small effect of CO2

It's more than that. It's a leftist religious cult.

And a fairly transparent one.

It's very telling that none of their solutions actually involve reducing carbon emissions.

It's nothing to worry about actually.

False

>When looking at current and future price levels CSP has—and will have—the highest levelized cost of electricity (LCOE; €/kWh). Due to large price reductions in PV over the last few years the LCOE of PV is about half the cost of CSP, and will remain so until 2030.

blogs.dnvgl.com/energy/the-future-of-solar-energy-concentrated-solar-power-vs-photovoltaic-power-plants

Let them worry about it. The more time a progressive spends worrying about the climate the less time they have to ruin society in other ways.

yes that too. literally.

leftists gave up christianity, so they replaced it with the religion of climate change.

hell = polluted world in the future.

original sin = being part of a 1st world nation.

devil = co2

jesus = al gore, democrats, regulation

doctrine = climate change legislation, Paris accords, etc

That's a very stupid argument

Yep and to be a "good" person you do your daily little "climate gestures" like drying your laundry in the sun or riding your bike to work. That makes you a "better" and more saintly person that those ignorant climate change deniers in their CO2 spewing SUVs.

It's typical leftist crap: narcissism and virtue signalling.

You mean methane?

It's just retarded how much libs enjoy degrading the field of climate science. Basically what libs believe about GHG's is essentially the equivalent of telling an aerospace engineer that bigger wings = more lift and hence all airplanes should have big wings to fly more efficiently. Sure that's true in the most general sense, but it's missing a shit ton of science.

>That's a very stupid argumen
Nah stupid is thinking your comfortable western lifestyle is "killing the planet" which is what a good percentage of these climate believers actually think.

your moms cooking is missing a shit ton of science

oh shit mane, you got me good

The climate scam just triggers me so much because it is the polar opposite of what real science is supposed to be.

Climate scam:
>Start with a need to discredit western civilization and capitalism.
>Think of semi-plausible way in which modern society might be endanger the world.
>Use a complicit media to promote idea.
>Create a bogus industry of junk science that uses computer models and cherry picked data to support the idea.
>Use bullying and shaming tactics to silence doubters of the orthodoxy

Real science
>Start with a hypothesis
>Test hypothesis
>Compare findings with hypothesis
>Make conclusion

Climate change is a Russian plot to destroy the West and East and become a Superpower again. Literally no one else profits from it.

Looks like I won the climate debate. That settles it then. Climate change is BS and the world is perfectly safe. Everyone can thank me later.

Do you mean methane?

How's your Great Barrier Reef doing?

Caused by overfishing the reef, not acifification.

not you

>redpill me on Climate Change
It was global cooling.
Then global warming.
And now they have nothing, other than to say "it's going to be different and bad unless you pay globalist kikes carbon taxes".

It is, on a large scale. Tragedy of the commons.
I don't buy into the white guilt crap most environmentalists push, but it's retarded to think that humanity hasn't been completely raping this planet since the industrial revolution.

Good one. How does that affect coral bleaching?

Cap-and-trade plans are bullshit, but the idea of protecting the climate isn't. Terms have changed as models have developed--climate change fits best because, while overall temperatures are increasing demonstrably, certain areas are expected to cool, like Northern Europe.