Why are Millennials so underemployed?

Other urls found in this thread:

amerika.org/politics/the-problem-with-individualism/
amerika.org/social-reality/the-individualist-fallacy/
amerika.org/politics/individualism-destroyed-western-civilization/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Their Baby Boomer parents taught them that they should follow their dreams and that any old degree would get them a good job.

Im 19 and got a full time electrician apprenticeship, it just takes not being a lazy cunt which most of them are

Generation Z is people born 1997 - 2010. So I have good news.

I have a degree in commerce, and a master's in Geographic Information Systems

Handed in over 100 applications, in person when cold calling and received no follow up, or a "sorry but nobody's hiring this year" response

I'm tired of Indians taking our jobs, and every crown corporation slashing and burning their workforce
THANKS GLOBALISM

Surprisingly, there isn't a big job market for people with who majored in gender studies and Mongolian finger painting.

Also individualism

I don't blame individualism. I blame left-wing individualism-sans-personal responsibility.

being a food carrier when you have a master's in English is not underemployment, he's in one of the better jobs available to people with such credentials

(((They))) are eliminating the middle class, making it too expensive to have kids. We're trapped in this system of debt.

That's the real depopulation plan, it was always meant to be slow, like boiling frogs. Not some big catastrophe.

Dunno.

I'm 26, but I just fucking got a computer engineering degree from the best school in the state instead of something retarded. I'm just now selling the condo that I made 60k in profit on to buy a house for my pregnant wife and I to live in.

Idk what's wrong with all the other dumbfucks out there.

The world is changing. You can no longer expect to work for 50 years selling furniture and raise a family doing it. Dunno what to say i choose to ignore it and check out of society its better this way.

>masters degree
>working as a server in english literature
HAHA!
I have no degree, just technical training and make alright money for my cost of living. I also have started an ecommerce business. Laziness is the reason most other millennials are such failures.

Maybe their girl graduated with a degree that isn't for fucking retards?

Individualism has been a staple of modern Western philosophy for centuries.

Because millenials have useless degrees and no drive to improve them selves

Also, most millennials think that college is both a must and a guarantee of a good job when it is neither.

That's what we were taught. Why else are we importing third-world shitskins to "fill the jobs (((we don't want to work)))"

This. They limit themselves to one field with a college degree and have no real work experience outside fast food by the time they are 24

Because niggers and spics get regular jobs while white people do drugs and drop out. Why should I work for an Indonesian wage in a Nike factory? I'd rather join the military and learn necessary skills to kill Jewish zionists who wish to sell out America to spics and niggers from Africa. Climate change will be glorious for the alt right. Alt right will mobilize as soon as niggers start coming over for climate change. All climate refugees will be butchered better then the 3rd Reich. Doubt this? Republicans are already turning on their white people to bring in niggers with lower iq who don't fight back. I can't wait for the migrant race war to pop off. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz climate change melt faster so niggers will die

Pretty much this. You get what you put in. If someone isn't motivated, going to college isn't going to do anything for them

If i want insight on english literrature i will just buy a book about it. Nobody cares about this guy's degree because it is worthless, it's a "hobby degree". The kind of knowledge you learn on your free time.
If he wanted a job he should have studied something practical. We need mecanicians, doctors, truckers, plumbers. Not pseudo intellectuals parroting quotes they learned at uni

>Left wing individualism
That's a laugh. Their idea of individualism is superficial at best and even then you can guess with some good probability a person's political leanings when they're wearing a saggy beanie, awful hair dye job, have more than two piercings, and are covered in shit tattoos.

>good paying manufacturing jobs gone
>Too pampered to do rough work like construction
>Importing immigrants

Combination of these three.

Also, they fell for the degree Jew.

> I blame left-wing individualism-sans-personal responsibility.
I agree to a certain point
See:
amerika.org/politics/the-problem-with-individualism/
amerika.org/social-reality/the-individualist-fallacy/

Because they're just shit at life. Mummy's boys and fucking trans girls and shit. They're Generation Shit. Crap at fucking everything. They deserve to all die. Fucking embarrassment of the human race.

yeah but it's only partly their fault. They're falling for more schlomo tricks here.

amerika.org/politics/individualism-destroyed-western-civilization/

even if they're motivated and they study some bullshit like "english literature", really what will this offer to people? Who's going to pay you for that?

Their idea of individualism is a form of individualism where you don't have to improve yourself ("Everyone is special!") and you have no responsibility for your own actions ("If you can't be a functioning member of society, the government will subsidize you!").

Boomers blew their money in 2007/2008, now they work beyond retirement and keep the jobs from millenials.

This. Train and prepare for the collapse. Matter of when not if. Attachments will be seen as weaknesses to be exploited.

no skills worth employing, and no professional appearance whatsoever

My brother has a masters in food science with an emphasis in dairy. Now he doesn't drink or do drugs, and as we've been told, farms and the dairy industry cannot find Americans to do the work because they don't want to or are too fucked up on drugs and alcohol. It's almost like there's a conspiracy to paint American farm workers as druggy losers so they can import cheap labor from Mexico.

Nothings going to change if people still have this "I've got mine" attitude that has been a cancerous reaction to Left wing overreach.

You can be an individual and still live with a sense of duty and responsibility to your family, nation and country. Dingus.

jesus christ. you are like kids

>be murican
>be able to join any military branch
>scoring a 90+ in the ASVAB is super easy if you study couple of weeks in advance of taking it, plus recrouters have practive tests.
>get a good MOS(military occupational specialty) because you where no nigger and studied prior taking the ASVAB meaning you can chose between what job you wanna apply for
>army gives up to 40k in sign in bonuses depending on the job you chose (the more difficult ones require a higher ASVAB score, but they also trend to have higher sign in bonuses too)
>do basic training
>go to the MOS school.
>after 4 years you will have earned good money, enough to buy a decent size house
>you got 4 years of experience in a field of work. bt even if you are a fag, now that you finished your service, you can go to college almost for free
>forget about health insurance because you a veteran, you are fully covered
>if you where good at your job in the military, your seargant or who ever is your boss might give you a recomendation to work for Airbus, Lockehead etc... good jobs, good pay

like how the fuck people are so fucking retarded they cant figure out how to play the system in their favor??
jesus fucking christ.

Is this just an American thing or something?

>Graduate with a masters in Finance
>Literally walked into a 40k a year starting job less than a month after graduating

Oh yeah, he can't even get his foot in the door for an interview.

Because the economy is moving towards needing fewer jobs to produce the same level of output. That's the result of technological advances, and I'm not only talking about automation.

Because Boomers created an over saturated market where everyone is expected to be a college graduate to get a basic as fuck job that will be underpaid because we now live in a society that worships the employer.

I was 16 when I was applying to university. You can't expect someone at that age who has been indoctrinated their while life not to fall for the Jew tricks.

Boomers gutted the economy by moving jobs overseas. They then regulated the shit out of American industry, killing more jobs. They pushed taxes onto the youth and forced us to buy their healthcare. They used tax dollars to increase the cost of college to unsustainable levels, putting many young people in a debt hole they have no hope of getting out of as college was the only safe way to get the few jobs they didn't move overseas or regulated away. They used tax dollars to bail out their shitty housing investments and have made home ownership a mighty task. They refuse to increase the minimum wage to the inflation adjusted levels they enjoyed. They accepted a larger percentage of immigrants per year relative to the US population into the country than their parents, lowering the equilibrium wage. They flooded the country with illegals as well, lowering the equilibrium wage further. They created the H1B to take away even more jobs.

Look. The condition of the economy is overwhelmingly due to the actions of boomers. There is no debating this. Any inability of people to find work is in part due to their policies of not entirely due to them.

We're too unreliable because we can't handle stress. A 22 year old is more likely to quit after a few weeks than a 42 year old. It also doesn't help how we're literally addicted to our phones and social media. When I worked at Walmart all the twentysomethings were on their phone during their whole break. Also very high turnover for that age group.

Multiple problems:
Boomers are supposed to be retired but they fucked their lives by the debt Jew and are slaves

People fell for muh college degree meme for the last 30 or so years and now are debt slaves with a degree in (((feelings))) and work at Petco.

Society in America has demonized craft and labor jobs wanting everybody to be a (((white collar))) non productive member of society.

That generation was destined to be fucked in the goat ass.

T 44 year old retired gen x with no college.

Im graduating right now.
A part of me thinks I should have just joined the army.

Over here, humanities degrees aren't seen as valuable by employers anymore, but a lot of people still get them.

You're only half right. Individualism is reliant on personal responsibility. Millennials have been coddled and totally lack it. Getting an unwanted major without a plan in mind is irresponsible.

true. Also you're told as a juvenile to trust society for the long term planning, which usually makes sense.

what did you study?

>124981270
how much debt you got? if its not to extensive you can still join, they love people with degrees.

No clue bro
>Get Rotc to pay for everything owe Army 4 years in the reserve
>Work my job I went to college for and be an officer getting some sweet pay the weekend
It's really as if everyone else who goes to college is a fucking child. It's like they can't plan and just picked a path on a whim.

Because they entered the job force during one of the highest unemployment rates and worst economies in US history. This severely stunted their career growth and led them to prolonging their education and seeking paths to survival that did not include obtaining a career. So even the few that made good choices or could have been excellent additions to the workforce are forced to accept jobs below their skill level for sake of survival. This leads to mass apathy and an increased failure to take a strong foothold in the job market. However you should see an increase in employment over the next few years as the more savvy millennials finish obtaining more marketable skills(Phds, MS, or built up experience through an apprenticeship) or starting their business. The rest will continue to fall into poverty as they double down on their welfare and antifa activism, leading to large communes or ghettos of unemployable people. These will inevitably become a serious problem in the years to come.

zero ambition coupled with fake degrees for jobs that don't exist in the real world, all pushed on them by their retarded liberal hippy boomer parents.

my biz i started few years ago is failing/failed and im broke, what can I do?

They want illegal spics because they pay them shit with no benefits. It's another slave class. We should star a revolution just to kick the spics out and take our jobs back. Tar feather and kill any politician promoting illegal immigration or legal immigration to steal American jobs. Corporations are almost worse then the communists. They don't care about white people. They want climate change migrants for new low iq workers. 100 million Africans for the euros. and 200 million niggers for the USA. There will be blood. No climate change nigger or spic will set foot in America without catching hollow points and using our Healthcare system for free to remove those hollow points so they can be remelted and reused on more spics and niggers.

>I have a degree in commerce and a master's in Geographic Information Systems
Yet unable to find your way and start your own business

>play the system
>join the military

you're not playing the system, you're going through the system.

It is because you went for something useful and practical to get a degree in. Not literature or art which is next to impossible to get a good paying job for.

I'm 42. Blair fucked up the kids by pretending that all kids were clever enough to go to University here in the UK. Thus creating a deliberate skills gap which he then imported vast swaths of eastern Europeans, Poles mostly to fill in the labour gap. Cynical move and very clever. He appeased all the semi skilled workers who were so proud their thick as fuck kid to Uni to do a worthless degree whilst simultaneously creating a deliberate skills gap making migration a must. He is a cunt.

The meme about millennials is only half true. If we stopped the H1B program today or suspended it for 10 years I guarantee you that many of the underemployed would get jobs (there's a glut of graduates that can't get appropriate entry level jobs because a million pajeets are being exploited in their place). More emphasis would need to be placed in High a School that trade schools are a viable alternative and vocational and 2 years are nothing to be ashamed about (there is a weird stigma against non 4 year colleges)

Predatory student loan groups would need to be banned from all school campuses both highschool and college because they encourage kids to go to 40k/yr institutions to study whatever because most 17 year olds don't understand how serious a massive loan is. Their brains are underdeveloped and thus they get preyed upon by schools that jack up tuition every year because kids will take loans they can't ever pay back to study retarded subjects because their teachers told them they can study anything and become successful. The entire academic empire basically revolves around conning kids out of government money in the form of loans. More teachers teach bullsht classes like underwater basket weaving and gender studies because the kids that suck at math/science/tech or aren't athletic/artistic/musical or have any talent or skill they want to develop can still pay the bill for a degree too.

TV Media Movies etc all push the brainwashing that every kid needs to go to college at 18 or is a failure when a lot of kids don't need to go at all and discover that the 4 years + debt only hindered them developing in their eventual job/field.

Outside of academia there's the whole issue with businesses trying to squeeze out as much money as possible by firing half their force and either making the other half do twice the work for the same pay or hiring temps/interns/pajeets for free or little pay. But that's another story.

I thought I chose a good major (Petroleum Engineering) but it ended up a bad decision.
I went back and got a MBA to increase my chances at a career.
Still even though there is hiring again in O&G and the fact that the industry is actually gonna have a shortage of workers soon, I can't find a job anywhere. I applied in other industries too and it's the same thing there, NO JOBS.

I've been thinking about doing this and getting a good noncombat job. It seems more appealing by the day. Which occupations do you recommend looking at?

bout 10k.
Ill probably job hunt for a year or so before heading to the recruiting office.

I honestly don't see how everyone has problems finding jobs. I'm 21 and without even searching for a job apart from having my CV on job searching websites, I was contacted by multiple companies. I went in to an interview with 1 of the companies on Monday and instantly got the job which pays up to £45k and I start on Friday. Maybe I just got lucky but I honestly don't get how everyone struggles.

ndividualism is both a personal choice to prioritize the desires of the self over all else, including reality, and a political system. That system has three parts:

Democracy. The person who flatters the most people wins. This flattery can occur through pacifism or bullying, jingoistic warfare against weaker opponents. Both are perpetually popular.

Consumerism. Whatever product cultivates a large audience, regardless of who that audience are, wins out over products with smaller audiences, even if better.

Anti-culture. Culture arises from methods that work; anti-culture arises from a small cluster of intellectuals and entertainers manipulating a vast herd of consumers who are bored.

Maybe you're just an autist

go to /k/ and look for /MEG/ whitch is military enlistment general
there is lots of usefoul info there, also you can ask . most of those threads are preatty active.

Its dumb asses that pick shitty professions.

I didn't go to college. I taught myself java after high school and busted my ass to get my first tech job.

Now I'm 29 and make over six figures in a state with no income tax. I'm rolling in cash while my high school friends are bartenders and servers.

ye try to lower it to 5k or less, that would be my advice.

>being this much of a pissy little bitch because you chose English fucking Literature and can't find work anywhere better than waiting tables

Human garbage.

GIS stuff can be hard to start up in. Tons of small co-opts eat up low level contracts like crazy with bids that are cut throat while larger companies have established relationships that keep contracts rolling their way.
If he has experience in the field I can see him being able to start on his own, but without experience he would be eaten alive.

>college was the only safe way
You believe this because you've been fed lies

Jewish conspiracy and the advancement of science

Business economics.

I couldn't find jack shit so I got into the trades and it's good. You gotta work hard but I find that rewarding. Money's good and everyone is pretty redpilled.

I just wasted 4 years and a lot of money. I would have been way further ahead if I got into it sooner. Heed my advice young anons.

Captchka : pick all the images with gas stations

That's my plan I was gonna get fit and go for osut or whatever to rangers. I want to feel the warm blood of my enemy as it drips down my knife. Gotta score 107 or 108. Haven't even began to study for it. Regular infantry seems easy I want to shoot at sand niggers. 27 gonna get married and do it.

>ndividualism is both a personal choice to prioritize the desires of the self over all else, including reality, and a political system.

Nope.

I just bought $30k worth of $PSCE (small-mid cap oil company index). Here's to both of us hoping that the tide turns soon.

>army gives up to 40k in sign in bonuses

HHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

yeah no

>die for jews
>work for jews
pick your poison

Implying that the only way to improve yourself is to major in what's profitable.

I'm sorry to hear that. Though I think you would be chose over me if we both applied at an Oil Firm

In some sectors, being an autist is not a deal-breaker for being hired, provided you keep reasonable composure

see I have a buddy who got destroyed in bidding wars, but he managed to get a job with the Manitoba Government. Lucky fuck

>every kid needs to go to college at 18 or is a failure

If anything, almost the opposite is true now. My dad got a degree in the '80's and is now watching his high-paying field slowly disappear to cheaper workers overseas. Meanwhile, we need skilled blue-collar workers here in the US.

I regret going to college. I should have just gone to a trade school or something.

counter then? but keep in mind the three system I have provided to exemplify

Partly the recession, partly immigration, partly everyone raising retirement ages around the time millennials were graduating, so the natural employment cycle was disrupted.

Because they need to wait their fucking turn there are still baby-boomers working then it's the 45 year old gen x turn for that 100k job then in 50 years maybe you can have it but for min wage.

>get hired at starbucks
>2 people quit before I got hired
>the person who is training me is already quitting
>only given 11 hours a week after training is done
>that's barely enough to pay my bills
>expected to remember all the drinks, sizes, custom orders, and specialty drinks and make several drinks at once to save time

Yeah, I'm part of the problem. I'm thinking of quitting already and going somewhere that pays less because the work environment is far too hectic and I'm a turtle compared to these people. The benefits of working there are great but I need something at a slower pace, maybe I should finish that degree in accounting.

Depending on the interest at which they are charging you I would seriously recommend it as it can not only help you pay off the loan (btw 10k is NOTHING compared to how much others owed) but also it can help you lower the interest rate as well.

They're stupid and substitute useless degrees for work experience

Lucky cunt. I'm doing an electrician course this year, but no apprenticeship.

Are you me?

I dont have and mba and worked my ass off in college for a complete meme degree in nuclear engineer.

NO JOBS

Computer Science major

I'm currently employed(internship turned full-time after graduating in 2016), but looking around Greater Boston right now for a new job.

I apply online to a few openings and to placement firms every week or so. I literally get multiple recruiters calling me back EVERY DAY, wanting to set up interviews with hiring managers, or HR. Keep in mind I graduated from a shit-tier state school with a BS in Comp. Sci.

People who cry about finding a job are just lazy and/or incompetent. There are SO MANY people hiring, ALL the time... if you can't find a job you're:

1) Useless, so nobody wants you to work for them
2) In the wrong field, so you're either stupid or too optimistic(stupid)
3) Lazy

i'll stick in this thread for 5 minutes or so if anyone wants tips

>LAMAO
if you are not nigger and you know 3 languages for example you can go for Cryptologic Linguist, depending on your knowlege level that MOS gives you up0 to 40k
i know a guy who was offered 35k because he know Russian, and Ukrainian on a very high level

I thought I was a millennial, guess I should be happy.

I have a literature degree and have a job as a technical writer at an insurance company. It's not a great job, but you can find somewhat respectable employment with a shitty degree. I have waited tables in the past though and that's also a legitimate way to make a living, at decent restaurants you can clear 50-60k annually, possibly more.

>all kids were clever enough to go to University

Well, they sure dumbed down the curriculum for that. While you're right about Eastern Europeans filling the labour gap, what about all the Asians (UK term, aka mudlslime arabs and pakis, and more) having all the small shops in their hands? Their tax evasion is rampant, and they make a shitload of money. Just a tad over your age, but I find unsettling you're blaming 1 man only - there are tens of thousands of bureaucrats and millions voters at fault about the situation, really.

Most of them are retard and entitled. No one wants to work with that. I'm a millennial with three part time jobs. My issue has been that no one wants to hire full time and pay benefits.

Fuck you and kys

What business? Most entrepreneurs fail initially. Keep trying.

Basically the same thing that happened to us here different ethnicities but same globalist agenda shit.

Bush was also a cunt and made student debt one of the only debts in existence that can not be discharged. While passing No child Left behind so Tard Timmy qualified for (((higher))) education