I want to believe

I want to be a good Christian Sup Forums, I want to believe in the Lord and saviour but I can't. I can't accept the existence of an omnipotent/-scient being because it just fuels cognitive dissonance within me.

My mother & father are Orthodox Christians and have passed the traditions to me, but even they don't really 'believe'. I also can't agree with some rules within Christianity such as turning the other cheek. This seems something only cucks would do. Also the pope is a cockholster.

What are my options Sup Forums? Is there a religion that is mostly culturally Christian but isn't for cucks? Can I start my own religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 20
youtube.com/user/ThomasRowsell
youtu.be/ZmZK9W4V1Rc
vimeo.com/46300032
youtube.com/watch?v=bofF_aRIILI&t=1041s
youtube.com/watch?v=ITVh5UPOJJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I can't accept the existence of an omnipotent/-scient being
So you're an atheist who wants to LARP as a crusader?

Delete your thread pls.

That's one way to put it. Why would/should anyone accept the existence of a God without experiencing the proof?

>mostly culturally Christian
Why would you want that? You see it's shit but want it anyway?
>Can I start my own religion
Of course, it's what I'm doing.

Christianity has some positive elements as well. Luckily they are dominant. I believe modern society needs something it can relate to.

How are starting your religion? In which way does it differ from Christianity?

The cognitive dissonance comes from ancient lie that Yahweh = God.

The real God, the benevolent one who revealed himself through Christ isn't an autistic psychopath with schizophrenia and a thing for cutting dick skin off.

Being the chosen ones of Yahweh is a curse worst than death.

You can be a good Christian without believing in God.

It's more valuable that you're an upstanding citizen and person while actually not believing for real, than being a hypocrite believer.

>You can be a good Christian without believing in God.
You absolutely can't.

>It's more valuable that you're an upstanding citizen and person while actually not believing for real, than being a hypocrite believer
Jesus literally says the opposite of this.

1 John 2:15-17King James Version (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

All religions come from the same source, you don't need any of them, you only need to recognize the consistent and important principles behind all of them and do what you can to build a good relationship between yourself and God.

The Bible has been edited far too much to mean anything, the pope is a Satanist, the Catholic church was conceived as a lie, but Christ is real.

Exodus 20New International Version (NIV)
The Ten Commandments
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 20

Feel free to nitpick or cherry pick all you want.

If you don't sin than Jesus died for nothing.

>it's better to be a hypocritical, sinful person than a righteous, moral and good one that doesn't really believe in god

what did Jesus mean by this?

Psalm 23 New International Version (NIV)
A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

Holy fuck imagine being a jew and hearing that. Kek

inorite?

You'd prolly get crucified or something.

The Jew makes this thread every day to divide Christianity.

Your day is coming, Jew.

>I also can't agree with some rules within Christianity such as turning the other cheek.

So you're a petty little faggot? Because thats what it means, not literally get raped by Muhammad, and ask to be raped again. This is either a shill bait thread (most likely) or you have zero understanding of the Christian faith.

>You can be a good Christian without believing in God.
No you cannot.

and to note, just because it says, "In God We Trust" doesn't mean who ever uses it trust's God.

It's total blasphemy.

I'm here to learn, please teach me what I'm misinterpreting.

Well not literally duh, but the same principles apply if you're a virtuous, selfless, overall good person, whether you actually believe in a God deep down.

Eating the flesh of someone. Drinking the blood of someone. The corporate identity (cross) is a torture instrument. For me this sounds like a sicko cult of some hipsters 2000 years ago. What is with the dead gods before? Odin, Zeus, Hera - ... Is there a graveyard for gods? Maybe there is just kek and the universe - a sum of digits in the ocean of light.

Turning the other cheek, as I posted in my first post, is in reference to petty things; not major violence against you.

Christianity is a weakass jew cuck religion and obviously fake as balls.

The world is an arena for the free play of forces, including your own.

Think only about what you can create. You want to invent a religion? Do it. Don't ask LARPers on a Tibetan philately board for permission.

And read pic related ffs

>please teach me what I'm misinterpreting.
Your flag is interpreted sideways

was it always like that?

I stopped going to church a LONG time ago.

You're still missing the point faggot. "Being good without God" is exactly what the commies push. No matter how much "good" you think you're doing, its really not at all. I thought you are from a Catholic country. Have they stopped teaching you things?

>Doesn't understand the slap is meant as an insult, & that often the most annoying thing you can do to someone who insults you is not to lose your calm
>Uses le liberal the current year man insults

Pls up your game, belgiumbro. Politely tell your parents you actually believe the bit Jesus said about giving St. Peter the keys, & therefore creating primacy for Peter, & convert to the true Catholic faith

pic related may help...

The only mental illness needing medication and treatment is the one of willful ignorance.

Doesn't matter what religion you (((belong))) to.

Do what you want, I recommend you read into all the old religions, it's quite fascinating even in just a historical interest Personally i'm more into esoteric stuff but it's all personal

youtube.com/user/ThomasRowsell

AND WOE BE UNTO THEM HE SAID. GIVE NOT A JOT UNTO THEIR IDLE RAMBLINGS, FOR HENCEFORTH THEE BE REEDEMED THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. WOES AND LAMENTATIONS COME UPON THOSE WHO DEFY THE HOLY WILL OF CHRIST, THE SAVIOUR. APPEASE THE KINGDOM OF THE LORD AND THE FRUITS OF ETERNITY SHALL BE REAPED UNTO THEE. AMEN

Just a reminder that no matter what you say, think or feel... there has been conclusive proof that religious people are less intelligent than non-religious people. These studies have been going on since the 1930's. Not to mention there's a clear inverse relationship between education and religion.
The fact that something so meaningful is completely reliant upon belief in it is idiot logic.

>Bible: Book 2: Return of the Jew, page 156, chapter 14

What you need to believe is not a being at all.
No religion
No person
No being

You must believe in abstract concepts.
Good and Evil
Truth and falsehood
Justice and injustice
Cruelty and kindness

If a God exists then it is those concepts themselves.
You dont have to accept anything other than the existence of concepts.
Mind you Good isnt better than Evil.
But believing/choosing Good over Evil is the act of faith we need.
What do you choose?

You don't have to believe the supernatural stuff if it makes you uncomfortable. The current Christian dogmas are a wonderful source of good practices and moral lessons. But Belief is something you cannot share with others, the only thing you can share is Information. Unproven things are not information, but mere beliefs.

Religion is an idea.

youtu.be/ZmZK9W4V1Rc

I started this thread with little hope, but I'm glad I did because there are some fantastic sources and suggestions made here.

Thank you Sup Forums!

You should read some Oriana Fallaci.
Best perspective about what being an agnostic catholic means. Later on you will get to the faith step. I'm still on it.
Quite based on Islam though.

Learn how to meditate and try to be mindful for the rest of your days.

Go eat 3.5 grams of magic mushrooms and try to tell me your consciousness is a soulless machine and reality is stable afterwards with a straight-face. Later, we can move on to DMT.

The real church is in the desert rn.

Also this guy gets it

Read or watch the ontological argument and you'll realise god is logical

Turning a sphere inside out without cuts or crisps is also logical, but that doesn't change the fact that its practically impossible

But God has to be proven impossible to exist to not exist. As long as it is possible that god exists then he exists

in some religion(s) (sikhism) god is acknowledged as "all-powerful and unknowable",
the christian parallel lens is seen in the enlightenment is god as "all things true" god is "the truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help me god"

Don't both with false hopes of a sky daddy. It won't improve your life unless you are easy enough to trick with the actions of a magician. At least with a magician, there is something interesting but with religion, it was created to pacify you to the will of others. If you believe in a God, don't listen to a church.

*bother

quality

dude drugs lmao!

Brain damage.

You are altering your mind you dumb fuck.

Clearly you will believe in a sky daddy if you are hopped up on any mind altering substance because you are in a position of submission.

you're missing out on something significant if you've never experienced LSD or Psilocybin mushrooms. You're also a moron if you think they cause brain damage.

That's not how logic works, buddy. He's probable, not proven.You can't prove God exists, you can't prove he doesn't. Nothing is proven, and it will never be. You can only learn if God exists after you die, therefore belief is something you can't forcefully share. Because it's entirely personal.

While I'm a modern christian who's gone through his autistic atheist stage, I'd advise you to take a look at the revelations and studies related to modern times. I have only read a little but I find it intriguing. You should stop looking for a magic person in the sky and start searching for god within yourself.
It's easier to believe if you think of god as a natural emotion or thought.

Good luck user.

Its no different then atheists attempts to hide behind parallel universe's when the question of why everything works so well here arises.

I find it difficult too because I have a very scientifically oriented mind. But in this case you must refuse to ask for proofs. Do a small exception in your perfect system, just because we don't know everything (or anything, maybe).

After three days he resurrected.

synchronistic mysticism / meme magic

vimeo.com/46300032

>the irony in this post and picture

An all powerful all knowing eternal being is necessary for the existence of contingent things like the universe. If it is possible that God exists then by virtue of god being necessary he must exist. Just like saying if it is possible that the number 2 exists then 2 must exist. You must prove it is impossible for god to exist

You believe what you want to believe.

The truth of the matter is that Jesus is God, proved it. and rose from the dead on the third day, as He said He would.

If you can't believe the truth, the Truth has no use for you.

There are none good but God.

So there goes that theory.

>It's more valuable that you're an upstanding citizen and person while actually not believing for real, than being a hypocrite believer

Upstanding citizen by who's standards? Bernies? Hillary's? Trumps? What do you mean by this?

I've done all the drugs man.

and I'm here to tell you.

I didn't need to.

Read The Magus Of Strovolos by Kyriakos Markides

Agreed, all the theoretical physics bullshit is just masked religion

I have only done a few drugs but got way into weed, luckily I was self aware enough to hate myself for what I had become, A smoke weed eary day idiot. And so I had the impetus stop and find peace in other things like lifting reading and work.

Read books from Hugh Ross, Stephen Meyer, Tom Wolfe, Douglas Axe. Johnathan Wells. Lee Strobel, Patrick Glynn. There are so much more by the way,

Watch videos on Gerald Shroeder, John Sanford, James Tour, and so much more.

No need to believe in Christianity, the atheist will tell you. Which is fine. But its good to learn what the other side thinks.

Go look up the information of the thousands of missionaries and churches that help the poor and help feeds millions of people.

No need to believe but try to respect the modern day Christians. They doubt their faith everyday but the Church and the words of Jesus helps keep them strong. It is very hard to live the life of a Christian.

Good Luck

>mostly culturally Christian but isn't for cucks
Reformed Baptist?
Many different forms of Baptists

God is omnipotent, sovereign, and has a plan for you. You have to place your faith in him, and by so doing you will have eternal life and salvation.

>All religions come from the same source, you don't need any of them, you only need to recognize the consistent and important principles behind all of them and do what you can to build a good relationship between yourself and God.
That's not what God said in the Bible.

What's really going to tickle your pickle is the fact that marijuana is a gateway drug... for some.

It was for me and a few others I know.

Being a psychonaut has made me a very empty person.

Pray the rosary everyday! It will help build your faith. Read the bible. Read the catechism of the catholic church. And pray some more.

>An all powerful all knowing eternal being is necessary for the existence of contingent things like the universe.
Citation needed

>Just like saying if it is possible that the number 2 exists then 2 must exist
Fun fact: Numbers don't actually exist, they are just an abstract concept which can be understood by humans, in order to answer questions asked by humans themselves.

This

The hardest part about faith is faith.
It's not an easy path but it is rewarding.

No

God comes to men through His Word

Read the Bible. The Gospel of John is one of the most beautiful works of literature every composed. The Bible is full of this stuff.

God will call to you and open you heart when He pleases.

youtube.com/watch?v=bofF_aRIILI&t=1041s

Yeah I never had any interest in anything else, I also do not like and still do not like alcohol. I was a pretty straight shooter outside of weed and cigarettes, also cigarettes are the hardest thing I have ever tried to stop. I can't even stay away form them completely now but I work hard at it.

God and the church are seperate entities from each other. I worship God because i need God. The key word is FAITH

I see faith mentioned a lot, and I'm sort of trying to 'visualise' the process of finding/acquiring faith. How did this process go for you? In which form is faith manifested in your daily life?

For me it gives me the strength to try and not be an ass. I have a terrible temper and it helps me keep it in check. So far it is the only thing that works.

I have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia. I was being attacked by demons nightly for years. One day I decided to ask Christ (being an atheist before then) for help. And I yelled at the demon, telling him to leave in the name of Christ. I haven't had ANY demon problems since.

Oh I forgot to add. That's what began my faith.

Just go and live a life without sins and vices and see how hard it is to stay away from temptation. Also go to mass.
I gained faith after I understood that there is good and evil and that I cannot alone fight the evil within myself.

Stop being a christcuck

Thats a good story to hear.

GOD IS WITHIN, NOT WITHOUT! WHEN ONE DENOUNCES GOD IT IS NOT THE ALL GOD BUT MERELY WHAT GOD MEANETH TO YOU....

Depends on what you want to believe.

Do you believe tomorrow will be a great day, no matter what happens? Then that's your faith.

Do you believe in the Christian God, the omnipotent, omnipresent? Then that's your faith.

My advice would be: When it comes to religion, choose your own path, your own faith, whatever makes you feel in contact with the world. Don't get fooled by trying to believe what (((they))) want you to believe, where (((they))) can be a Jew, a Christian, an Atheist or whatever.

youtube.com/watch?v=ITVh5UPOJJA

There's no use in not believing in God if you're already doing what Jesus taught, so why wouldn't you

Its because your undestanding of god is all screwed up. Not matter what iy is you believe in, that it god.

>My mother and father are Orthodox Christians
>the pope is a cockholster

???
We do not have a Pope.

I think Catholics, especially does in high positions within the church, should hold tighter to their beliefs, and stop being so cucked. Other religions are wrong, relative to catholicism, because they are not catholicism. This is deep religion talk in which I have no interest to participate.

That last reply was accidental

>Can I start my own religion?
You sound like juuuust the right type of asshole for that job. Go for it.

Don't forget to kill yourself. All the good ones do that.

Its a warning against spiritual pride. God is the author of goodness, not yourself. To claim you can, without God's assistance, produce good out of nothing is to claim to divinity for yourself. God is the source, not you. We can, in cooperation with God, help create good, but not alone by ourselves. Yet for many people, they view their righteous actions as entirely their own doing, which, while materially benefiting others, produces a far more toxic effect within, pride.

Friendly reminder that one can be a faithful Christain and have a relationship with God, without attending church and adhering to a specific docterine.

The Church is simply an institutinal structure to provide Christians with a catalyst to focus their faith and commitment to God, a community upon which to fall back on for support in times of need, and a hierarchy to provide authority regarding beliefs and practices.

In other words, you can be faithful without following the rules of the pope or any other leader.

Catholicism is wrong relative to Jesus' teachings.

You don't have to agree with/follow the pope, except when he talks from his fancy chair. So everything he says that is his own opinion is bullshit.

I really don't like this current pope! I can't wait for the next one. Hopefully he resigns. I want Benedict back ;_;

In this case, I'd rather be on team Jesus, than be part of team cucked pope from satan

This is the hardest thing I have to cope with. I have a lot of pride in the things that I do and accomplish. Though many of these things do not have any moral connotation to them.
Like winning a paintball tournament, rc race, or doing something well at work.
Is this kind of pride something that I should worry about?

I think he took his approach to being the pope--spouting off about liberal bullshit--as a way to increase interest in the church with a declining demographic, young liberals.

It could be intentional, or hes just a cuck. Im not sure.