Snapchat stock - what went wrong?

Snapchat stock - what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/la-fi-tn-snap-winners-20170303-story.html
mysmalt.com/
blog.dilbert.com/post/157611715521/snapchats-future
youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"o shit we forgot to make money" I guess. Like twitter and facebook before them. But it's ok, bankers are addicted to the apps they will give more money.

>investing in nothing
Wow good idea there. Next you're going to tell me you put money on Twitter too.

J U S T
U
S
T

This is what happens when you invest in something that can't figure out how to turn a profit

the question is, how the fuck aren't they making money? you'd think advertising partnerships and paid effects would print gorillions.

Advertising is shit revenue. Every start up is based around its ad penetration, which is always shit. "Itll get better the bigger we grow!" it invariably doesnt. They stop growing. investors get off the wild ride.

>internet

Ohhh Noooo, that sucks

Turns out an app that makes silly pics
that you share with your friends isn't worth
$25,000,000,000.00 USD.

>relies 100% of agressive growth
>stops growing for 0.2 seconds

They've built an house on thin air and nothing to fall back on when growth stops. Greedy idiots to put it on the market to begin with

where do you put the ads though?

Yeah but an app that takes 3D scans of millions of faces sure is.

that would only be worth something if you could somehow figure out their identities, consumption habits, and track their movements

oh fuck

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Top of every screen but camera, is it so fucking hard?

Story screen and private message screens are perfect

>stock in social media
>produces nothing
>creates nothing
>surprised when it declines

I never could have guessed.

People who bought in to Facebook early also thought it was a terrible idea, then it went on to gain 4x its IPO price.

So, just because its a loser now, doesn't mean it will continue in this direction forever. Same goes for TWLO.

Copying facebook is bad mmmkay

I stopped using it after they updated it to be so heavy it lagged like fuck.

They turned it from a simple safe sext simulator to a messaging system, face time, filters system, face app, money sending app, with tons of other retarded heavy and clunky features.

>today Sup Forums learns Snapchat is really just a government funded face scanning tracker app

Millennials heavily invested. It was a scam all along

all these high tech companies burn through cash. even UBER loses money and their business model is simply skimming 20-25% off the cost of a ride.

(((lenders))) are willing to keep lending though, so apparently it doesn't matter.

Yet the same cycle is perpetuated every fucking time something garners an audience.

It's mind boggling.

a large share holder must have cashed out.

they don't even make money

its a shitty company ... hope it dies

They did an IPO a few months ago, so now US securities law requires them to publicly post quarterly earnings reports, which they did for the first time yesterday. And they lost $2.2 billion, so investors are reacting. Sounds like a lot, but nobody expected Snap to be profitable yet, but that's a lot of money.

How do these companies make money? This jjst seems like insiders are fleecing gullible rubes

This is more relevant.

>Don't use facebook
>Don't use snapchat
>Don't use twitter
>Use chrome and google search

How fucked am I when the shit hits the fan?

Facebook makes crazy money through FB ads

It's basically the #1 best place to run advertising in the 21st century. You can target literally the most granular bullshit that people willingly give up on their profiles. It's definitely a profitable company.

I do not have an FB because I know how bad the spying is. But I also work within the ad industry so yeah they earn a lot. If Snapfuck can get into that maybe they'll be worth something too

topkek good that i dont use that shit

>inb4 FBI can't find me because incognito

Snap doesn't even own its own servers. They rent from Google, which costs a fortune.

>what are stock splits

>But I also work within the ad industry
what do you do?

The cost of UBER is going to triple when they go to driverless vehicles. They will have to absorb vehicle maintenance and cleaning, gas, employment taxes, insurance and depreciation. All of which they currently stick to their 'independent' drivers.

I'm autistic and can't read economese, can I get a quick rundown?

The app/advertising bubble will pop soon enough. Business to business is still strong as ever and still the only solid move besides apps that do something actually useful like uber/lyft.

their devs are terrible. That's what they get for disregarding android and focusing solely on IOS

Macy's is having bad earnings and just lost 11% of its value in one day

:)

their valuation is based on future userbase. If they aren't growing to meet the forecast growth then the investment is not going to make a return so people sell.

>employment taxes

For driverless vehicles?

Also, did you not consider that they would get more money not having to pay the driver ~75% of each fare?

They're almost Ponzi schemes. The first investors in make a lot of money when the value of a tech startup goes from two kids in a garage to a hundred billion dollars, but that doesn't make the company profitable. Lightspeed Venture Partners made $147 million on the IPO last month, where their initial investment was only about $500,000.

>They lost 2.2 Bill

Jesus fuck

Instagram video

This wasn't a stock split. They lost more money than analysts predicted in their first quarterly report.

2 BILLION IN STOCK COMPENSATION

2 B I L L I O N

He probably just does advertising for a small shop

they have no viable revenue stream. that being said, if youre looking for a quick buck, snapchat will rebound at least once before dropping off the face of the earth

Really makes you think...

Get into finance if you dont wanna stay poor, youtube has got alot of great free content

I need to work on building a network of Sup Forums advertisers and online marketers

The truth is that Instagram massacred Snapchat when they released Stories

It rendered them useless as fuck

Zuck bought instagram for 400 million and not it's worth 20-30 billion kek

The stanford dumbasses who sold for 200 mil each must be feeling suicidal now

>Use chrome
switch to chromium

>and google search
use duckduckgo and if it doesn't give you the results you want, add "!g" to your search to search the same thing on google if you must.

read the filing, it's all there

why are they spending a billion bucks over 5 years on aws? because they're mba-tards with poo code.

all while they're reaching peak user base and literally cannot keep growing at the same rate

whole company is a clusterfuck. who bought it?

millennials with robinhood.

I do some advertising for Thomas Cook

I have 69k snapchat score.
Am i screwed?

>Snapchat
>what went wrong
Snapchat

Just $20,000,000,000

wrong?
That's going exactly by design.
>silicon Valley Fuckstain culture can do no wrong!

what are a few good finance channels on youtube? my subscription list is so much politics and gun stuff but no good money making content yet.

>using the duckduckjew
Use startpage

freelance contract? what exactly do you do then?

professional ((trickster)))

Yeah, Digital Marketing mainly with a splash of Social Media

You will probably be required to do a 3D-scan the next time you make a new passport or plan to leave the country.

When I visited America, they wanted my fingerprint. The American government now owns an extremely unique and private part of me that they can use to identify me.

Instagram was sold for 1 Billion. The Founder himself made 400 Million.

Search up Robert Kiyosaki for starters, there is a 1 hour seminar of him on youtube which i highly recommend.

Good luck!

Wanna add me on skype? I'd like to pick your brain a bit

Is there any way that we can find out who this large shareholder might be?

>Not using Ultron
LITERAL plebs.

I've already got two of the rich dad audiobooks lol

>who bought it

It was a public offering, so anyone. But the venture capitalists who were first in all sold their stocks and made a fortune. :^)

latimes.com/business/la-fi-tn-snap-winners-20170303-story.html

Instagram created a "stories" and basically stole the entire purpose of the app

So, Sup Forums, when are you going to invest in the bluetooth-enabled salt shaker?
mysmalt.com/

When it comes to the "markets" - you'll never truly know, because you're not one of the few insiders who actually understand how the "markets" actually work these days.

Here's some free advice. There's two kinds of stocks - those in the S&P500 index and those that aren't.

The ones in the SP500? They will always be looked after, they will always recover, because too many Boomer pension funds are riding on the outcome of that index. Too many Boomers need them to go up, so it will go up. At the expense of everything else.

All the other stocks? They more or less fend for themselves. And you can get your face ripped off at any time. Any you'll be the last know when it happens.

It happens with most IPOs. They overvalued the stock and the price is now closer to the real worth of each individual share.

You can actually see FB stock after the initial public offering, it went up and not down (meaning the value of the stock was higher than everyone thought it was).

>Too many Boomers need them to go up, so it will go up
congratulations, that's the stupedist thing I've heard anyone post for weeks

Do they still use Visual Dialog / Portrait?

blog.dilbert.com/post/157611715521/snapchats-future

The main service is a mere feature on instagram, and their attempt to sucker money out of investors for their next good idea was a blatant scam because they had nothing to back up any prediction of future success.

Isnt the co-founder a billionaire dating some model raising her ex's baby . But sex only after marriage. They're screwed up anyway let them gt fucked right now

This is the actual snapchat headquarters.

When in Stupid Rome...

youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4

Fuck this shit. I already forgot snapchat was only a spycam. It feels bad to be social kid these days.

Pic related.

Fucking insane 'customer' numbers but they make fuck all money. Just like all of these meme apps and (((unicorns)))

explain how what boomers need is factored into the price of a stock

also, several sp500 stocks are looking a bit dodgy

ok, I'll buy the dip, thanks user

ill buy the dip too

Potential employers will be able in a near future to buy your entire internet history from google.

>it went up and not down (meaning the value of the stock was higher than everyone thought it was)
pretty lazy description. that's not what that means (risk and time value of money are other factors) even if in this case it ended up being true.

Implying Google ULTRON is a search engine and not a browser

Google "Working Group on Financial Markets"

They saw that g thread that talks about other companies with same technologies

oh shit

It won't matter user. They don't need you specifically. this is mass data gathering. Enough normies use it that they get all the data they need.

>"Working Group on Financial Markets"
hmmmmmm

so that's why PE multiples are so fucking insane

I have been waiting so long

Check again sweetie, Google Ultron includes an Ultron browser.

Pol didn't know this...

Like all things, once niggers flocked towards it, it was bound to turn shitty

that graph looks strange. Big investor dropping a lot of stocks at the same time? or maybe some very hyped bad press