The red parts of this map used to be land...

The red parts of this map used to be land. Daily reminder that sea levels around the world were 400 feet lower just before the end of the last Ice Age.

Near the end of the last Ice Age 12,800 years ago, a giant comet that had entered the Solar System from deep space thousands of years earlier, broke into multiple fragments. Some of these fragments struck Earth, causing a global cataclysm unseen since the extinction of the dinosaurs. At least eight of the fragments hit the North American ice cap, while further fragments hit the Northern European ice cap. The impacts, from comet fragments a mile wide approaching at more than 60,000 miles an hour, generated huge amounts of heat which instantly liquidised millions of square kilometres of ice, destabilising Earth's crust and causing the global flood that is remembered in myths all around the world.

A second series of impacts, equally devastating, causing further cataclysmic flooding, occurred 11,600 years ago, the exact date that Plato gives for the destruction and submergence of Atlantis. The evidence for all of this shows beyond reasonable doubt that a civilisation at least as technologically advanced as 19th-century England at the onset of the Industrial Revolution (if not more) that flourished during the last Ice Age was destroyed in the global cataclysms between 12,800 years ago and 11,600 years ago.

A distant memory and a warning to the future - for the comet that wrought such destruction in remote antiquity may not be done with us yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/nature/journal/v399/n6735/full/399429a0.html
jgs.lyellcollection.org/content/161/4/695.short
onlinelibrary.wiley.com.ezproxy.library.uq.edu.au/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0889.2006.00201.x/full
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period
celticnz.co.nz/KnowthNewgrange/Part1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No shit, OP. Global warming is a farce and we'll be in another ice age soon enough.

i dont get it

quality thread, ausbro

I actually thought the dinosaurs didn't go extinct but just evolved into Emus.

Global warming isn't a farce, it's just that it's not caused by humans. We're in the warm spell of an interglacial period right now.

Both of you need to cite some evidence. But I guess this is Sup Forums, no one cares about evidence.

but he used the word 'evidence' in the OP in the sentence after he mentioned 'Atlantis'.

>12,800 years ago

Implying the earth isn't 6000 years old, SAGED and HIDDEN.

Clear correlation between CO2 and temperature throughout Earth's history:
nature.com/nature/journal/v399/n6735/full/399429a0.html

The radiative forcing from GHG's is measurable and has been quantified:
onlinelibrary.wiley.com.ezproxy.library.uq.edu.au/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0889.2006.00201.x/full

It is undeniable that CO2 traps heat in the atmosphere, and it is undeniable that humans have drastically increased the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere since the industrial revolution.

I thought the earth was about a million years old

He says there is evidence, but does not provide it.

Read...The Valentine's Day Surprise - PR Newswire.

yea, in Louisiana we're loosing a fuck tone of land dude to flooding

kek, just fallacious argument after fallacious argument. Plants need water to live, therefore you can't give them too much without their being any consequences. Literally the logic that they are following.

Sure, humans release CO2 when they breathe, but they release about 100 times more by driving around cars and using electricity produced by fossil fuels. So again, a fallacious argument intended to impress those who understand nothing about the science and have never read any of the scientific literature.

((you))

You won't make me a degenerate Bill N'kike

I'm about as anti-Bill Nye as you can get, Shlomo.

>There are two doors. Behind Door Number One is a completely sealed room, with a regular, gasoline-fueled car. Behind Door Number Two is an identical, completely sealed room, with an electric car. Both engines are running full blast. I want you to pick a door to open, and enter the room and shut the door behind you. You have to stay in the room you choose for one hour. You cannot turn off the engine. You do not get a gas mask. I'm guessing you chose Door Number Two, with the electric car, right? Door Number One is a fatal choice – who would ever want to breathe those fumes?
if you have enough things letting out those fumes it will fill up the biosphere

>"send it"

they did

>if you have enough things letting out those fumes it will fill up the biosphere

How do you explain the Medieval Warm Period then?:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period

Was the Medieval Warm Period caused by turbo-charged handcarts?

Read your own wiki article.

"Possible causes of the Medieval Warm Period include increased solar activity, decreased volcanic activity, and changes to ocean circulation."

If you're actually interested in answering your own question, why don't you read some of the scientific research on the topic? Also, kek at the plot in the top right corner of the article, not great for your agenda is it.

Plato doesn't describe Atlantis the way you're making it seem. It wasn't a historical work, his character Criteos describes it as an analogy for the perfect society. Ancient Athens stood up to Atlantis and defeated it against all odds, proving that Athens, not Atlantis, was the epitome of a perfect society. The only problem is Athens isn't lost so we can do archeological digs and find out that the city of Athens certainly did not exist 12,000 BC, meaning the story falls flat as a historic record right off the bat. Plato made it up and the fact that none of his contemporaries wrote and Atlantis proves that everyone knew back then he was memeing

Decreased volcanic activity actually allows CO2 to accumulate in the atmosphere as weathering of new rocks is a critical part of removing CO2 from the atmosphere. Fresh rock is reactive to CO2 and will absorb it up quite easily. The science is interesting if you actually cared to understand it.

>winning a war => the epitome of perfect society
user, these are independent.

The whole 'Atlantis was just an allegory' meme is fake and forced. Human history extends further back into the past than the (((academic orthodoxy))) is willing to admit. Even the Ancient Egyptian historian Manetho outright stated that the total number of years covered by the Egyptian king-list equals 36,525 (which matches the fossil record for the era of Cro-Magnon Man).

Atlantis was real man.

Nobody wants more New Jersey.

If Atlantis was real and people knew about it why is Plato slipping it into a story within a story the only writing we have about it? Did the lizard people destroy all of the other writings?

>If Atlantis was real and people knew about it why is Plato slipping it into a story within a story the only writing we have about it?

There are various possible explanations for that. The first one that comes to my mind is that the name 'Atlantis' might have been used by the Ancient Greeks and ONLY the Ancient Greeks to describe an island which used to exist in the Atlantic Ocean, kind of like how the Greeks themselves don't call their country Greece (they call it 'Hellas'). Also, the Edfu building texts in Egypt describe an island where the 'gods' used to live. The island was destroyed, so the 'gods' went to other parts of the world to bring civilisation to those other parts of the world. That island might have been Atlantis.

OH GOD FLORIDA WAS ONCE BIGGER FUCKING HELL. IM SO BLOODY GLAD IT IS THE SIZE IT IS NOW. FUCK.

The world post third impact

SURFACE OUR FALLEN HOME
ONWARD TO GREATER FLORIDA

"You Greeks are all young in mind. You have no belief rooted in old tradition and no knowledge hoary with age. And the reason is this: There have been and will be many different calamities to destroy mankind, the greatest of them by fire and water, lesser ones by countless other means...
But in our temples we have preserved from earliest times a written record of any great or splendid achievement or notable event which has come to our ears whether it occurred in your part of the world or here or anywhere else; whereas with you and others, writing and the other necessities of civilisation have only just been developed when the periodic scourge of the deluge descends, and spares none but the unlettered and uncultured, so that you have to begin again like children, in complete ignorance of what happened in our part of the world or in yours in early times...
You remember only one deluge, though there have been many, and you do not know that the finest and best race of men that ever existed lived in your country; you and your fellow citizens are descended from the few survivors that remained, but you know nothing about it because so many succeeding generations left no record in writing." - Timaeus 22d-23c (end)

OP ive been reading up on this stuff recently. Its quite clear we are being lied to about our ancient history.

There was clearly a much larger civilization that lived around the Mediterranean and used the ocean as its highway. This would leave no traces of its connection.

A lot of ancient religious texts basically encode their science about the earths distances and navigation techniques in numbers and astrological allegories so that the information would be past on even if the people spreading the stories did not know what they were talking about.

celticnz.co.nz/KnowthNewgrange/Part1.html

That civilization left traces all around the world, whats mostly left today are monolithic structures with reccuring symbols and styles. We mostly attribute them to the culture that now inhabits those areas even though are just squatting on what is ancient history.

Modern history basically gives these achievements to current dwellers. Like saying modern somalians built sweden 2000 years from now.

I meant Greek contemporaries. Plato was one of a large group of writers. I just think that someone would have looked into such a fantastic claim a little further

I completely agree with you. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that there used to be a global civilisation on this planet in remote antiquity. The legacy of that global civilisation is found in both Egypt and the Americas (and most likely other places too). Whether that global civilisation was called 'Atlantis' or not is irrelevant. Consider these similarities between Egypt and the Americas:

* Both had huge pyramids precisely aligned to the cardinal points.

* Both had temples with megalithic stones with extremely fine joints of less than a fiftieth of an inch.

* Both had head-dresses of similar style.

* Both employed a unique style of construction using L-shaped corners.

* Both used the same style of metal clamps to hold huge stones in place.

* Both cultures used the process of mummification to preserve and honour their dead.

Is it not reasonable to suggest that the civilisations present in Egypt and the Americas in remote antiquity are both the legacy of an even earlier civilisation that existed before recorded history as we know it began?

Most ancient Egyptians also believed Egyptians were the oldest race on Earth and that their civilization came before all others. They would look with pity upon any travelers who doubted this as we'd look down on someone for not believing in evolution. They didn't have a continuous chain of historical records as their form of writing wasn't invented until after 2,000 BCE, and they certainly didn't have well-developed archeological systems. Completely erroneus claim.

>comet
>space
>doesnt know the earth is flat
science is a religion. so go buy a hybrid car and dont have kids and maybe one day you can take a speed of light right to the fuck you nebula where you can finally jerk off into a beaker to study the effects of cum swapping in zero-g because you are a sciencefag who unironically trusts the satanic authorities and gatekeepers of the of modern science "knowledge"

quality post

I read a research study that said if ALL ice on earth melted, and the oceans raised a few degrees in temperature (thus expanding), then the MAXIMUM sea level rise would be about 180 feet.

Then I realized that only rich fags with million dollar home (that I will NEVER afford) live that close to the ocean, and decided to not care about globull warming ever again.

The same civilizations of those times built the Pyramids and about every other "ancient aliens" type cite.

Niggers were still worthless.

where is the comet trail?

>mfw Malvina's is gonna disappear soon

Australia used to be connected to Papua new guinea......

Iiiiiiinteresting...

>tfw Humanaties lost civilization is under 1000s of feet of water and only global warming and a new ice age can reveal it.

I'll start up my truck I guess.

According to a theory by Graham Hancock, the lion-bodied Sphinx was originally also lion-headed (makes sense, doesn't it?) because it was meant to gaze at its celestial counterpart - the constellation of Leo. The only time it could've done this is during the Age of Leo and the last Age of Leo began in 10,970 BC and ended in 8,800 BC. Even with some boundary juggling, the last Age of Leo perfectly encloses the geological period of time known as 'the Younger Dryas' (10,800 BC to 9,600 BC), something that Graham Hancock was UNAWARE OF when he came up with his theory about the Sphinx. So it seems that the Sphinx was made to commemorate the Younger Dryas, a time on Earth that was probably hellish for the humans living at that time.

* the last Age of Leo began in 10,970 BC and ended in 8,810 BC

>tfw you're condemned to spend your life in this plastic, modern, and chaotic civilization that will worsen everyday and there's nothing you can do about it.
The Chrono Trigger storyline was a shot in the dark but it's actually very accurate when telling our world's REAL history. Why live?

>buy land they don't make more of it

haha BTFO