CATHOLIC GENERAL

For the 2 or 3 people on Sup Forums who think a return to paganism would be good, Belloc explains why it can't be done.

>The Old Paganism worshipped human things, but the noblest human things, particularly reason and the sense of beauty. In these it rose to heights greater than have since been reached, perhaps, and certainly to heights as great as were ever reached by mere reason or in the mere production of beauty during the Christian centuries.

>But the New Paganism despises reason, and boasts that it is attacking beauty. It presents with pride music that is discordant, building that is repellent, pictures that are a mere chaos, and it ridicules the logical process, so that, as I have said, it has made of the very word "logical" a sort of sneer.

>The Old Paganism was of a sort that would be open, when due time came, to the authority of the Catholic Church. It had ears which at least would hear and eyes which at least would see; but the New Paganism not only has closed its senses, but is atrophying them, so that it aims at a state in which there shall be no ears to hear and no eyes to see.

>The one was growing keener in its sight and its hearing; the other is declining towards a condition where the society it informs will be blind and deaf, even to the main natural pleasures of life and to temporal truths. It will be incapable of understanding what they are all about.

>The Old Paganism had a strong sense of the supernatural. This sense was often turned to the wrong objects and always to insufficient objects, but it was keen and unfailing; all the poetry of the Old Paganism, even where it despairs, has this sense. And you may read in those of its writers who actively opposed religion, such as Lucretius, a fine religious sense of dignity and order. The New Paganism delights in superficiality, and conceives that it is rid of the evil as well as the good in what it believes to have been superstitions and illusions.

Other urls found in this thread:

usccb.org/bible/readings/051117.cfm
newadvent.org/
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA
youtube.com/watch?v=BOZ54Je9CD8
fssp.org/en/messes.htm
institute-christ-king.org/international/
institute-christ-king.org/home/
youtube.com/watch?v=-2W8UfZKOz8
youtube.com/watch?v=mE0pbksbAc4&t=155s
youtube.com/watch?v=U8zUaiodH6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=cAS6zvhj_YM
catholictradition.org/Classics/belloc2-1.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Links etc

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/051117.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

What do you guys think of the society of jesus and ignatius? Why are there so many convoluted conspiracy theories about them? The more I look into them, they seem pretty based actually.

They were very based. I'd encourage everyone to read the pic related book. In our current secular age, we could learn a lot from the way they fought back against the reformation. Emphasis on confession, schools & confraternities.

Now, however, the based level of the jesuits really depends on your county. Many in the West are blatantly heterodox

Their spiritual exercises were also very good for giving people a feeling of initiation & re-connected them with God

>What do you guys think of the society of jesus and ignatius?
There are some modern Jesuits that are a bit more liberal than I would like, but for the most part it's one of the better orders. They have done and continue to do some great things for the Church and the world. As for Ignatius, he's great, one of my favorite saints.
Granted, I went to a Jesuit College Prep School and have quite a few good friends within the order, so I'm a bit biased. That said, it was definitely an amazing experience. Nothing like a good Jesuit Education.
>Why are there so many convoluted conspiracy theories about them?
Pope Paull III approved the orders creation in no small part to combat the reformation. That means proddies hate them and as such blame them for tons of crazy shit.

Bump.
God bless you all.

Seconding the greatness of St. Ignatius.

Fun story: He was travelling with a Moor who dismissed the virginity of Blessed Virgin Mary. Once the Moor had left, Ignatius was so mad, he made a promis to himself: he'd let his donkey choose the next road. If it followed the Moor, he'd kill him; if it chose the other, he'd found a religious order.

Is this the waifu thread? This is my waifu, she is cute and strong and kind.

What's it like being a Catholic(assuming you are Catholic) in Nederlands? Is it only old people?

>Fun story: He was travelling with a Moor who dismissed the virginity of Blessed Virgin Mary. Once the Moor had left, Ignatius was so mad, he made a promis to himself: he'd let his donkey choose the next road. If it followed the Moor, he'd kill him; if it chose the other, he'd found a religious order.
Kek, I love that story. The picture they have of it in the ignatian rooms is great.

user, you're quite lost if you think the Catholic thread is for anime.
Are you mocking us or something? If so, why do you deny the Truth of Christ?

There are mostly old people in my church, though there are alot of Poles but they have a seperate mass.

Bwhahaha you waifu fags and ponyfags are too much

The FSSP church in Amsterdam is awe-inspiring youtube.com/watch?v=BOZ54Je9CD8

On that topic, all FSSP & ICKSP liturgies are especially impressive

FSSP mass listings: fssp.org/en/messes.htm

ICKSP: institute-christ-king.org/international/ (clock on Worldwide in top right hand corner)

>Going to college next year
How do you stay away from sin? I don't want to fall into it. And should I try to marry within a couple years even if I'm going for medical school?

they are the gay, jew, degenerate, and heretical people in the church pushing "progressive" ideals and shit. commies basically.

THat ICKSP list is actually waaaaay out of date. It doesn't mention the US apostolates listed here institute-christ-king.org/home/

pic related St Louis

focus on studies if med school is goal

>Jesuits
>based
Oh you (((Catholics)))

catholics are (((pagan))), you idiot.
they are kikes, and you are a kike.

Sin issue:
Check if there's Catholic societies
Get involved in the new parish you'll be attending
Wear something like a St. Michael's medal, scapular etc. You'll have a funny way of suddenly remembering your wearing it when you're tempted to sin
Make extra efforts to say your morning & night prayers

Marriage:
Probably too many unknown factors for me to comment user. Don't delay unduly if you feel it's time, but also don't rush in to something.

Catholic counter-revolution is the ultimate red pill!

youtube.com/watch?v=-2W8UfZKOz8

youtube.com/watch?v=mE0pbksbAc4&t=155s

God bless you, catholic brothers!

>"Anime is bad" - said everyone but Christ
Jesus never said anime was bad in any day or shape, which includes criticizing anything that could be a proto-anime which existed in that time.
Do you deny that Jesus himself never told you to not like anime? People who never read the Bible and only spout whatever the preacher shouted around need to leave.

Who ever said a barely dissident group can be considered "based"?

By doing useful thing with your free time. Idleness is a tool of the Devil.

For some reason I am no longer able to post this, so I'll just link it for now, but it's relevant, paganism is shady buisiness.

>conspiracy theories

Because they are an order specifically about getting involved in politics with the intent of evangelization.
Anti-Catholics make all sorts of bullshit about them up, as with any politically focused group with an agenda.

They have been kicked out of Roman Catholic countries, they are a black sheep so be careful around them. I don't like the fact that they pushed the globe earth model too heavily.

>Jesus never said anime was bad in any day or shape, which includes criticizing anything that could be a proto-anime which existed in that time
I never said as much. You're reading far too much into my mocking a weeb

>le (((jesuits))) are based
>s-stop posting anime on Sup Forums
who is paying you to shill here, shlomo?

>proddies are pathetic weebs
Top kek, makes sense.

the catholicuck pedophile church IS pagan

Sensus fidelium is a great youtube channel. thanks German bro. Have another picture of the FSSP seminary in Wigratzbad

i dont worship kikes, sorry shlomo. you arent blending in.

>mfw vikangz got beaten up so baf by ths eternal Anglo that Guthurum converted to Christianity and Alfred made him call him daddy
>mfw vikangz will boast about muh warrior culture but they lost every time they faced an actual army

>The Old Paganism was of a sort that would be open, when due time came, to the authority of the Catholic Church. It had ears which at least would hear and eyes which at least would see;

Well pagans did mass persecution of the Christians in late Rome. Lots of martyrs because of pagans. They also burnt down lots of church buildings during the reign of Julian the Apostate, at the order of the jews. But otherwise yes, what you have said is more or less how it was generally. But it did get really bad leading up to the events of the Roman Collapse.

>The Old Paganism worshipped human things, but the noblest human things, particularly reason and the sense of beauty. In these it rose to heights greater than have since been reached, perhaps, and certainly to heights as great as were ever reached by mere reason or in the mere production of beauty during the Christian centuries.

I would say the Catholic Church has gone far beyond the quality of Pagan art. Saint Peter's Basilica is one example of Many.

Also this sculpture is a Renaissance sculpture from around 1620s, from a Roman Catholic.

I do agree that some Greek and Roman art is extraordinary

If anyone's interested on paganism

Enjoy

>worship a kike desert demon named yahweh, a shitty rebranding of nimrod.
>deify his whore wife semiramis aka mary
>deify his son jesus aka tammuz
>easter = babylonian holiday to semiramis and tammuz, easter coming from esther/ishtar the kike name for semiramis
>christmas = saturnalia. saturn = nimrod
you are a (((satanic))) subhuman and your entire cult will be purged by god.

Lots of neo pagans and kikes bank on a lack of knowledge, "My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge."

But Church policy has always been defensive and reactionary. Not initiating aggression like the Muslims, but defensive.

Anime is depraved and the work of the devil

MLP is a God-fearing creation designed to imbue children and adults alike with Christian values

>Nimrod

Do you know anything about Nimrod?
Easter is just Passover, it's called Passover in just about every other language. Which is a jewish holiday.

I know a thing about Saturnalia.
It's Roman Opposite day

Literally Opposite day.

December 17–23 that's Saturnalia.

Christmas is from December 25th to January 6th, till like the 19th orsomething if You count epiphany on the eastern calendar

>Easter is just Passover
>passover of course being a dark (((saturnic))) holiday with babylonian roots

okay name me the god and date theday on the babylonian calendar.

Enki, Enlil, Dagon, Ishtar, Nergul?? Which one is it>

Church Militant is kind of scaring me away with how bad it makes the Church look in the current day because of Modernism and Homosexuality and all kind of degeneracy in the Church. How can I reconcile with this new knowledge and still become Catholic?

I do think that the Church was started by Jesus Christ but I feel like it's being corrupted.

Half of all priests are Gay says Michael Voris... what the fuck.

Christmas was celebrated on a roman holiday because until Constantine it was illegal to be Christian.

Take your pedo general threads somewhere else.

Tell me about the great anicent story of Babylonians getting enlsaved by Egyptians and tehn celebrating their freedom by being lead out by Moshe great Hamitic Egyptian Scientist.

Tell about how Babylon TOTALLY beleived in ressurections

Tell me about the Ancient Babylonian story of the three wise men taht came down to see the Virgin birth of the foretold Babylonian God become man to be crucified

No you wont find any of that in acutual Babylonian paganism stupid goy

No you dont come here and tell people tha we should ban fucking holiday season. We are here to have a good time damnit so fuck off and tell people not to ahve fun else where.

youtube.com/watch?v=U8zUaiodH6Y

Although I think Church Militant do a very good job, you've got to remember they are still journalists, & need to get clicks & attention. Voris is clearly wrong, & a lot of what he says is, I get the impression, based on his own past in which he engaged in homosexual acivity (which he now greatly regrets).

I agree there are people in the Church who want to corrupt it, but for me, that only increased my belief it is Christ's Church. Christ said the gates of hell would never prevail against the Church. He didn't say the Church wouldn't be tested

ishtar. its the festival of ishtar as i have already explained before in the original greentext.
nice cognitive dissonance
>redditspacing
oh you mean the kikes who stole and perverted the babylonian religion.
>No you dont come here and tell people tha we should ban fucking holiday season.
yeah actually, i do, kike.
>We are here to have a good time damnit so fuck off and tell people not to ahve fun else where.
soon enough your little pedophile coven isnt going to be having 'a good time' sorry goldberg, get back in the oven.

youtube.com/watch?v=cAS6zvhj_YM

Alright thanks.

NO you didn't

You just made a bunch of obscure connections based off of english names of things without any real evidence.

>plebbit spacing

I'm not from plebbit and I don't go there. I hate that place, YOU ENVIOUS
Nobody reads your posts

>muh Ishtar

How about you convert eastern Babylonian calendar to the Gregorian Calendar then prove to me that it still overlaps with the eastern orthodox calendar AND the Jewish calendar

Then we can go on about how Its LITERALLY christmas if can even line up with all of those

>redditspacing dumb shill cant even make a coherent post
impressive.

>coherent
Plebbit

>weedbro documentaries on paganism and zeitgeist, not reading primary sources

PLEBBIT

>envy
PLebbit

>butthurt
Plebbit

Faggot go back toyour "enlightned" topics on Babylonians go on tell me MORE

christianity is the worst thing that happened to us.
we'd be far better off if our religions weren't completely corrupted and bastardized with your bullshit jewish religion.

you think our ancestors were just a bunch of fucking morons before they were "enlightened" by christianity?

the christian mystics and philosphers who were worth anything were heavily influenced by the ancient greeks, who had a pagan society, and the ancient greek philosophers were also heavily influenced by eastern philosophy.
look at hinduism and buddhism.
both are religions that came from the indo-aryans.
and our religions were probably just as deep.

tldr christianity is a shit jew religion and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
worthless plebs

google it, you faggot.
>muh (((church))) invented da spring equinox holiday about a whore and the (re)birth of a deity, it was never done before by various (((groups))) all intimately linked to muh (((church)))
just kill yourself you fucking lemming.

Gee what a thankless job. How about some fucking respect for yoru ancestors cuck

Thou shalt honor thy mother and father

Sound like bad advice.

>google

I know about the weedbro zeigesit movement, it's very deceptive.

I asked for a primary source. Like a christian saying "oh YEAH it's babylonian"

Someone didn't read the OP

If it weren't for Christinity bringing Europe together, Europe would be another land of Islamic conquest.

>(((christian)))
>primary source of anything other than child rape

You need to give me a title of a Scholarly work user on paganism, or a translation of a pagan source directly. Then a christian one, proving that it's genuine and intentional syncretism

I mean yeah Plebbit is all about READING right?

this is true
i would join and fight for the old real paganism any day
this new age shit varg promotes is evil and the only successor of the pagans of old is the traditionalist catholicism (not the vatican 2 protestantic cult of john 23rd aka satan)

Well Babylonians had raping rituals

Involving Children but those aren't in Christianity since it's forbidden in the law codes

>but those aren't in Christianity
>*covers up massive amounts of priest/clergy pedophilia cases on a worldwide scale*
huh... really makes you think.

Yeah that some biased christian faggot wrote.
Yeah so white pagans would just let brown invaders come and take all their shit right.
What about when persia tried to take greece?
Did the greeks just let em take control?

You talk a lot about christian brotherhood.
Why didn't the christians in western and northern europe bother liberating the south slavs from the ottomans?
Why didn't they liberate captured slavs from the tartar slave traders?
Oh yeah right because it wasn't their fucking problem and they were pussies.

>muh pedos

You do realize it's a tiny minority and secular intitutions are waaaay waaaaay worse. You do realize UNLIKE PAGANISM we actually have an eternal law in the fucking Bible saying it's fucking wrong to commit sins

“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

You're the fucking cuck ya jew worshipper.
You don't even realize that jesus christ, adam and eve, and the garden of eden are all metaphors for something completely different.

>Why didn't the christians in western and northern europe bother liberating the south slavs from the ottomans?
probably because they created the ottomans due to destroying constantinople during muh crusades creating the powervacuum the ottomans filled.

You're one to talk atheist, do you have rules about sexual misconduct? I mean this list goes on for a LOONNG time

6 “None of you shall approach any one of his close relatives to uncover nakedness. I am the Lord. 7 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father, which is the nakedness of your mother; she is your mother, you shall not uncover her nakedness. 8 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife; it is your father's nakedness. 9 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your sister, your father's daughter or your mother's daughter, whether brought up in the family or in another home. 10 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your son's daughter or of your daughter's daughter, for their nakedness is your own nakedness. 11 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife's daughter, brought up in your father's family, since she is your sister. 12 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's sister; she is your father's relative. 13 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother's sister, for she is your mother's relative. 14 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's brother, that is, you shall not approach his wife; she is your aunt. 15 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son's wife, you shall not uncover her nakedness. 16 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; it is your brother's nakedness. 17 You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and of her daughter, and you shall not take her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter to uncover her nakedness; they are relatives; it is depravity. 18 And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.

I mean you want a GIANT wall of text right?

No "plebbit spacing"

Is this more easy to look at?

Anyways I think I've made my point moral relativist

Full essay if you're interested Croatbro catholictradition.org/Classics/belloc2-1.htm

>a rebranded babylonian cult covers up massive institutionalized pedophilia, and worse.
b-but there this one quote in the (((book))), so muh no true scotsman.
>UNLIKE PAGANISM
catholicism is pagan you stupid fuck.

im not an atheist you subhuman pedophile cultist.

To defeat the Jew you must become the jew, Even GOD ALMIGHTY did it this way. It is His eternal law and he will not break it.

>metaphor
>ALLEGORY
>ALLEGORY
GNOSTIC

yes you are and go home

>""""Virgin""""" Mary impregnates from the neighbor
>Tells Joseph, the cuck, that she didn't betray him, that she is virgin and so she must had be inpregnated by god
>And the dumb cuck Joseph, belives it
Cucktholicism is LITERALLY the religion of cucks

>its a pedophile (((babylonian))) cultist tries to accuse others of being pagan episode.
damn, another rerun.

You know I've had just about a godamn enough
Babylonians had some fucking Issues but Damni Nebuchadnezzar II was the fucking best King they ever had. So fuck off You have no respect

AT LEAST we have respect for our ancient enemies,at least we acknowledge their virtues

BUT You just want to pretend like were pedos when it's atheist and satanist institutions that are the breeding groud for it

You can diss the Babylonians when you have a virtues divine law code and built a great city of wonders

Catholics aren't Christian

>hes a pedophile babylonian cultist and proud of it
uhh
>atheist and satanist institutions that are the breeding groud for it
you mean (((catholicism)))?

>make all sorts of bullshit about them up
>Gunpowder Plot is made up bullshit

>Protestants aren't Christian
sup prodcuck

>Gregory the Great Letter
I like this one instead

Sup homo

>The protestant hillbillys haven't left yet

*smooch*

jesuits are base...

Don't forget the SSPX bro. They did more to bring about the return of the old mass than any other group.

Cry me a river

WE HAVE LAWS FROM GOD AND YOU DONT MORON

Hey, guys, how much do you really have to believe in before you can call yourself a Catholic? For example, if I accept that Jesus Christ exists and he is the perfect man, am I fit to take sacraments, or do I have to go the whole 9 yards and literally believe in trinity and everything and whatnot.