Being transgender is NOT a mental illness

I used to think transgenders are mentally ill until my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.

A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.

That's basically it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-ocQpQtrw
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160831110833.htm
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/16/transgender-individuals-face-high-rates--suicide-attempts/31626633/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What does shopping have to do with a dude taking a shit next to a five year old girl?

how long have you been a transfaggot OP please share your experience

You are not breaking this away from mental illness. Gender is not a social construct, gender affects physiology across the board from your genes to your skin. over 6800 genes are expressed differently in men and women.
What you and your professor have done, is ignore biology and science, to drive a narrative. Your narrative is based on anecdotal evidence and is not supported scientifically.
Furthermore you step outside the bounds of reason when you start prescribing absolutes to the 'typical male' or 'typical female.' You aren't even backing those variables up with any level of reason or logic.
You professor is intellectually dishonest and you are fostering the by product of lies.
Clean your room.

>mind reality is different from body reality
this looks like the textbook definition of schizophrenia tbqh

Just post your traps and go. We dont want to hear this tumblrina shit. You gotta dick, you're a male. It's nothing more than a personality disorder we haven't found a pill for.

Actually, it is a mental illness. It is caused by the improper activation of the SRY gene resulting in the X-chromosome still being fully expressed even in the presence of the Y-chromosome, or the suppression of male-associated aspects of the X-chromosome despite the lack of a Y-chromosome.

This cannot be resolved by surgery because it's not a surgical problem, it is a genetically-induced mental illness, like psychopathy, schizophrenia, and many cases of bipolar disorder.

When a guy shits close to a little boy, it doesn't matter? What? You are not very logical. Just admit this: You are disgusted by transgenders. You hate them because you don't understand them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-ocQpQtrw

It's just faggots who have internalized homophobia to the point that instead of just being gay like regular healthy fags, they rationalize their faggotry by wearing dresses in public and generally making themselves hideous to everyone who's not a broken fag like them.

Your emotions don't change the facts. Gender, by definition, is a social construct. It's morons like you who don't know basic definitions. Try again.

It most certainly is.

Burn yourself degenerate, you deserve a painful death in my opinion.

It's time for you to leave Sup Forums

It's a body dysmorphic problem isn't it? If so then why do we give appropriate treatment to anorexics and such but let trans people indulge in their problems?

>Being transgender is NOT a mental illness

you're wrong, even with those doubles I think

I feel sometimes like a bitch, that doesn't mean I should make it my standard

[citation needed]

Damn right they disgust me. Make like a pinecone and find a nice tree to hang from.

>Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.
You just admitted that it's a mental illness.

How is this inconsistent with an underlying biological defect?

Sure looks like it

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160831110833.htm

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/16/transgender-individuals-face-high-rates--suicide-attempts/31626633/

obfuscating language in an attempt to 'win' an argument is almost as dishonest as your professor. You are moving the goalposts to push your narrative. In fact you didn't respond to my argument but adjusted your definition to ignore that gender and sex are one and the same. It's you who is working on emotions rather than logic. If you want to wear a dress, please by all means do so, but don't pretend you are a woman. At the end o the day you are still a man in a dress.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
Clean your room.

Nothing says a man can't do things usually done by females or vice versa
Believing you are something that all evidence disproves is pretty much the definition of mental illness

So you're saying the person knows what his personal reality is (i.e. his biological sex), but his mind randomly tells him his reality is actually something completely different (i.e. the Gender theory).

Depressed people tend to only see a darker reality than what is actually happening, and so do patients with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc. IT'S A FUCKING MENTAL ILLNESS

>Mind more closely matches the other sex's mind based on social constructs which have existed since the beginning of time.

That's what we call a mental illness you fucking mook.

Your professor is full of shit. An idiot that you pay way too much for stupid advice. Remember, those who can't do anything become teachers. Professors today are the bittom feeder tier of the intellect pool. Your post is proof.

you are so retarded, you literally saying than they know its not normal and its because on their mind they believe they are X or Y so they should be

Pedophile believe on their mind than they could fuck kid,
serial killer believe on their mind they can kill anyone
and the list go on, i believe i should be the king of earth and have 200 womens sucking my dick,

Doesnt turn it reality, world doesnt work like that,!

If you have a penis you are a guy
if you have a vagina you are a girl

you post is obviously a bait and a shill post

And being male or female is not social constructs, its biologie since dawn of time, this is why women can have baby and man cant, because man always been soldier / gatherer and women raising kid or walking belly, nothing else.

Being effeminate =/= being transgender. If it was only about liking baseball or cooking, they wouldn't need to dress as women or undergo surgery to get a fake vagina.

Transgenders don't only "prefer" doing girls ' things, they believe are under the delusion that their "preference" mean that they belong to the opposite sex, although this is contradicted by their biological reality.

>For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.
>A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.
FUCKING BIGOT. GENDER IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT. HOW DARE YOU HOLD TO OUTDATED GENDER ROLES IN THE CURRENT YEAR?!?! FUCKING WHITE MALES.

>Problem: I want to bake a cake, but im male
>Solution: Cut my dick off
Seems pretty logical to me... So you would sacrifice your reproductive capabilities and imitate an entirely different gender just to conform to society?

OP you can be a guy who prefers baking a cake and shopping. Hell you can be a guy who prefers cross dressing and wearing heels and make up!
But you're still a guy doing those things. Do you do them because you like them? Fine. Do you do them because you think you are female? You're mentally ill. This is simple OP.

How does a person know what another person's mind is like? That's pretty sick. Liberals are the worst sexists, thinking girls wear pink tutus and boys wear flannel. (Similar to how they are the worst racists)
Tranny movement is all about consumerism and people who are all hopped up on synthetic hormones and phytoestrogens.
What about pic related, i suppose thst was really just about the literal shoes, huh

|
|>
|
|
|
>wonder who could be behind this post?

It IS a mental illness, and your faggot professor is trying to sugar coat a turd. KYS asshole.

Some of the most retarded shit I've read all day and I've been awake for 12 hours now.

pretty good b8

There's nothing wrong with men liking to bake, or women watching football, but you are mentally ill if you treat your hair like a tie-dye shirt and force yourself to conform to some other sex's stereotypes while completely losing control of your weight.

there's guys born who look like girl especially with southeast asians, hence they choose to go transgender even before deciding to take hormones or any of that. I've known a few.

that's not what transgender is you retarded cunt, you've just described the concept of different interests

transgender means to perceive yourself as the opposite gender (yes there are just 2) and that happens because either you're a biological male and the area of your brain that regulates gender perception was not masculinized sufficiently in utero or you're a biological female and that area masculinized too much

however, if that area sufers some form of destructuration (maybe even cognitively induced, who knows if that can happen?) then you get what you get when other areas like the prefrontal cortex destructurate which is perceptions incongruent with reality
when the prefrontal brakes down we call it schizophrenia
when the gender areas brake down YOU call it "gender dysphoria" because you cunts have bullied the APA into not calling it a disorder anymore with your shitty marxist tactics. the rest of the world calls it a disorder like it actually is

now, kindly, fuck off and promise to write from the gulag when your utopia comes true

This deserves a screen cap

tldr: It's a mental illness

I like to cook, does that mean I should switch genders? No

Transgenders are just attention seeking whores. You can be a women who likes football without having to do a surgery and posting about it 24/7 on tumblr.

>Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.

What happens if they decide to cut their own dick off? Still a case of perfect sanity?

Yeah, it's the same with schizophrenia. For example, humans usually don't hear voices that aren't really there, and some telepathic aliens do. If you're a human and prefer to hear voices in your head then your mind doesn't match the definition of what a human should be like. That's basically it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

>you step outside the bounds of reason when you start prescribing absolutes

agreed, too bad you don't seem to agree with yourself

>A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.
sexist much?
>watching (((football))) and drinking (((beer))) is the same as chooping off your dick and inserting silicone into your chest and injecting shit loads of hormones to the point of pushing you to suicide
sage

>If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.
Man remember when you used to like different things from what society expected from you this was called PREFERENCE? And how all of those old cartoons told our children you shouldnt judge the other based on that? Yah fuck that, if you like wearing skirts, it's not because they are comfy, or your scotch origin or you just like the look, now YOU ARE A GIRL IN YOUR MIND IF YOU DO THAT.

Man fuck you, Persona4 does a better message of acceptance than you assuming pricks with your mental illness normalizing bullshit ever will.

This is a ticket I found in internal Amazon ticketing system for Alexa.

You cannot make this shit up.

We don't give people with split personality disorder a second passport and we shouldn't be mutilating people and shooting them up with hormones because they think they're the opposite sex.
We should not indulge people's dillusions.

Being a fag is a mental illness and so is thinking youre the opposite sex. Nothing you say changes that fags were classified as mentally ill until kikes waged self described wars on the institutions(same kikes who are now pushing for legal sex beastiality), and forced them to abandon scientific reasoning for political reasoning. Fags were arbitrarily reclassified as sane, without scientific backing, and thats just plain factual history and truth. Youre nuts, and no marxist professors critical theory deception changes that. Its also part of white genocide, you dont reproduce, so by promoting it youre promoting white genocide. This means its okay to hang you, since genocide promotion is against international law.

Thats the future you chose.

Not all trannies have brains closer to their identified sex. While it's a useful lie to tell people to gain more acceptance for being trans, it's not true, and it's really damaging to people who don't fit this stereotype. A lot of trannies have a mind closer to their birth sex, but that doesn't mean they are not trans. If you are thinking about this stuff, don't let this narrative stop you from getting HRT. You can still be trans.

They are all narcissistic psychopaths, so you don't need another classification. Just watch 'Silence of the Lambs'.

Closer to their identified gender, I mean. Many are trans even though their mind fits that of their assigned gender.
Also, keep in mind that hormones do some changes to your mind, and in part some differences are artificial due to wrong hormones.

so when the machines gain sentience and decide to exterminate us just think of the bullshit we put in their code and it will all make sense

Tell me what part about a man wanting to cut off his own dick and replacing it with a skinhole is NOT insanity?

The "Suppressed marriage facts" in the Resolution section makes me laugh so much.

He didn't use any emotion in that argument. Try again nigger faggot

so where does "mutilating your genitals and breasts while also drugging yourself with hormones" fit into the "not a mental illness" theory?

No, gender typical ACTIONS are social constructs and even these actions can often be linked to gender neuroscience.

Social norms vary by different cultures. They do not form 'genders'.
Social norms are bullshit. Just do what you want and stop making up bullshit.
You're a tomboy who likes guns? Great. That doesn't mean you're a man trapped in the wrong flesh, it jut means you lik shooting guns.
You're a retarded faggot, OP.

Wait isn't it sexist to imply you have to change your gender to bake a cake? In that case how is women not like football a construct?

>I used to think transgenders are mentally ill until my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is
Look i know this is bait and everything so im not going to go into too many details, but as someone who is a tranny i can tell you 100% that it is a mental ilness called gender dysphoria. Thats why we take hormones in the first place, because if we dont we have a part of our brains that is extremely uncomfortable and suicidal about parts of our biological bodies and hormones.

To say it is not a mental ilness is to deny and forget the decades of suffering, depression , and suicides that my brothers and sisters have endured because of it. I fucking hate liberals who try to claim this with a passion.

I know dude that enjoy shopping and cooking.

They don't seem to want to slice their dicks off though so I don't know what your even trying to argue.

>The most studied factors are biological. Studies beginning with Zhou in 1995 have found that trans women's brain structure (volume and density of neurons) is similar to cisgender (cis) women's and unlike cis men's, and trans men's is similar to cis men's, even when controlling for hormone use.
Trannies are a mental disorder.

OP are you saying those are "girly" things? If people do not watch sports they are girls?

Lel look at this fat shaming

I think I know where the problem occured. They're trying to define gender as both the social construct of masculine and feminine and the biological sex at the same time. They're only half right. I didn't know there was two definitions to "gender" until I looked it up.

Your professor may be retarded.

If a professor tells you anything it's probably bullshit, this makes a great example, if it wasn't a mental illness, why would transitioning matter anyways?

>Being transgender is NOT a mental illness
Source?

>getting your private parts rearranged so you can act like you're a real man or woman isn't a mental illness

All self harm is mentally ill except for your beloved transgender people. They had to make an exception to a very good rule just to allow them to have their private parts harmed because they don't like them. This is truly sick.