Being transgender is NOT a mental illness

I used to think transgenders are mentally ill until my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.

A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.

That's basically it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

Let's be honest: the reason you oppose it is because you are disgusted by them. Your little brain can't stand the sight of something that's different. You don't have rational arguments against them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-ocQpQtrw

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2016237
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11605311
youtu.be/rvWp14pdDY0?t=23
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who cares, it's unhealthy and has no place in a healthy society.

transgender people kill themselves at higher rates than niggers kill other niggers. thats proof enough for me

Bump

>American "education"

If you're a man who likes cooking you're a man who likes cooking. If you think that you are another gender because you don't fit the stereotype for your own, you are truly mentally ill.

congratulations you got brainwashed

Then why not just accept what you are and take the gender out of the activities? Baking and shopping aren't inherently feminine. If you really want to believe it, you can say wearing makeup and dresses isn't feminine.

Why do people have to surgically alter their bodies to look like a woman on the outside when they aren't and never will be?

"Professor" doesn't really tell us much does it? Professor of what, and at which university?

A degenerate is a degenerate and they need to be gassed

So basically the same people crying about gender norms are also saying because they more closely relate to the gender norms of the opposite gender, that they now have to mutilate or destroy their bodies in order to feel good about themselves. Nobody gives a fuck if you want to paint your nails and act like a girl. Nobody cares if you want to be a dyke. You can do all of these things without believing that you literally have to chop your penis off to be able to live. Anyone who wants to take hormones and mutilate their body to feel happy is mentally ill. Period. Learn to love the body God gave you.

Fuck off, this thread already been populated today!

You need to ask your professor if he's a Marxist

>Trannies aren't mentally ill
>They just think they have the wrong brain is all

53% of mothers of transsexual children have Borderline Personality Disorder, compared to only 6% of mothers of normal children. Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2016237

>their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind
there's literally no scientific evidence for this.

the only evidence is psychological studies which simply confirm that the symptom of gender dysphoria is present in individuals who believe they are transgender.

can you provide some evidence other than what I just stated? if there is no evidence except that which confirms gender dysphoria's presence, then the transgender state has no scientific evidence and should be treated as such.

That's what a mental illness is.

Remember when Charlie Sheen said he had tiger blood... he confirms now that he was suffering from mental illness...

Today libtards would be like, "I think he is a tiger born in a man's body! It makes sense, since it's his b-l-o-o-d."

In your explanation choosing to Trap yourself is as antifeminist as it gets.

This. Instead of believing the latter, they want to create a fuss to make themselves a special snowflake. They are mentally ill, if not socially retarded

>guys that like to cook are trannies

I am literally going to kill you, kiddo.

>You don't have rational arguments against them.
Same-sex pairings can't breed. There is no such thing as a third gender in any species of mammal, and XXY and XYY mutations are either flipper-handed freaks or completely sterile, rendering them useless for biological reproduction.

Counter that, oh wait, you can't. I guess you don't have rational arguments against biology.

Saged

I dont like beer and football. I like theatre, art and wine. So that makes trans?

Cut out your tongue and cut off your fingers. Your mind should not be expressed.

Saged

None structure doesn't lie.
Chromosomes don't lie.
Brain structure doesn't lie.
By agreeing with someone's collisions you are further confirming their skewed perception of reality. You are willingly participating in their mental illness and allowing it to spread to others.

Gender identity disorders as a symptom of psychosis, schizophrenia in particular.

Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11605311

I like cooking stuff on the weekends.
wtf I'm a girl now

Yes they are mentally ill. So are gays. Both were
listed as mental illnesses in the psyche books
till jews changed it.

>until my professor explained to me

Suicide is your only option, obvious bait but many replies guaranteed.

“This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.” - Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital

Your professor sounds like a faggot.

>Being transgender is not a mental illness

That sounds exactly like something a mentally ill person would say.

Hi Brock! You still alive bro?

>party of science

Sup Forums and pol in particular need a system where if a thread hits 50 posts and OP has only posted his, well OP post, then the thread auto deletes. Not that the bump stops, it auto deletes.

We need to end these bot and baiting threads ASAP!

Third time today this has been posted.

Fuck off.

>healthy society
Says the arctic burger stuffing his cunt mouth with poutine and burgers

Gender studies at Berkeley imho

>until my professor

Stopped reading there.

Can you explain why there is a 40% suicide rate among transgender then?

>high school drop out spotted
What's the matter lad? Still angry at the city 'liburuls' for stealing your country girls away

Hi, Transgenderism is a mental illness, or more specifically, a brain disorder where the brain isn't hit with enough testosterone during development, while the body is, giving a female brain to a male body, or the reverse for trans guys.

T. Tranny.

Dissociating yourself from your own body is psychosis. Which is a mental illness.

Get some professional help tranny.

It's not that being trans is a mental illness necessarily. The fact is that so many who are trans happen to be mentally ill also. You cannot deny this. I can think of a litany of examples right off the top of my head. Any person who starts giving hormones to their 6 year old should be prosecuted for abuse IMO. There is no way a kid that age can process the enormity of a decision like that.

haha no, you're disabled

>thinks everyone who doesn't have a college degree is a dumb rural dweller
>"I have to get back to my gender studies class, the professor is telling us about how we can be homosexual and heterosexual at the same time"
a barista license is superior to a trade school degree because tuition is way more expensive, am I right?

>used to think transgenders are mentally ill until my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

>Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

Fine. And then people go to the point of trying to cut off their own genitals. They're mentally ill.

Combination of stress, ridicule, and social rejection from being transgender.
Not to mention the mental disease of transgenderism itself causes a lot of confusion and anxiety between the body and the mind of the patient.
This is why doctors and scientist recommend transgenders get a sex change done because it greatly reduces the mental anxiety they feel.
Unfortunately because of 'god-fearing christians' like the ones you'll find on Sup Forums lately, a sex change might solve some mental anxiety in the patient but it greatly increases social ridicule and rejection.

>thinks everyone who goes to college must be majoring in gender studies
Have fun fixing the roof on my $2M house with your trade school skillz lol

>your post
>my face for the entirety of it

...because they are more often depressed.

Gee i wonder if that has to do with everybody treating them like absolute fucking shit?

But wait that would mean that I'm part of the reason why the suicide rates or so high...

Yep definitely because of mental illness.

>football
>Saturday night

Wanna know how I know you're gay?

Well, they ARE mentally ill. Not sure why people try to hide that fact.
But there are a lot of mental illnesses we tolerate(or, rather, ignore) in society. Who cares if someone wants to cut off their dick and wear shiny dresses? That's their problem.
The only reason someone would be obsessed with trannys are because they are secretly trans themselves but ashamed of it so they overcompensate to convince everyone else.
Kinda like those politicians in nigger countries who openly talk of wanting to skin gays alive only to get caught sucking dick behind the alley.

>A man who likes to go shopping and do girl things is just and effeminate man

/thread

I don't like sports, thus I'm now a tranny...

It's weird how they can't seem to connect that dot.

>but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.
>thinking that stereotypes about a gender like prefering pink or blue is what makes you female or male.
>not mental illness.
lol ok.

Like real talk, these people talk about destroying harmful gender stereotypes when these retards base their whole life on these stereotypes.

JP is a useful idiot and you bought his propaganda. Have fun giving him your neet bux so you can keep his failing career and shit life afloat.

Yes it is and they need to be purged

>body functioning and behaving as it's supposed to
>mind thinks it's the opposite gender
how is this not mental illness? your entire body is not wrong, your brain is. what the fuck

but gender does not exist user

>have you ever seen gender?

>did gender ever showed proof that it exists?

>is there scientific proof that gender exists?

>Gender is a social construct therefore transgenerism is ok
>I base my decision to become transgender on how society defines genders

See OP, the thing is, you can bake cakes or shop at the mall, or you can watch football on a saturday night while drinking beer, but it doesn't define your gender. Your gender is defined by one simple thing, the XX or XY chromosomes.

There are plenty of men who bake, watch any cooking TV show, and there are plenty of women who enjoy beer football and relaxing on a saturday night. Acting a certain way doesn't make you the opposite gender

The whole notion that a woman is actually a man because she's a tomboy or a man is transgender because he's more girly is absurd nonsense.

I am who I am and I can't change that

>not understanding any of the posts you are replying to
>"my professor informed me that transgender people are the same as straight people regarding their sexuality. what course does he teach? transgender studies 201"

What professor taught you that? Professor of made up monkey shit studies?

youtu.be/rvWp14pdDY0?t=23

Your professor doesn't know much. Check how many m2f traps actually bake cakes or knit sweaters.

They are more likely to be hardcore video game players (playing male-dominated games, not Kim Kardashian casual games like most women), in high tech or military jobs, again dominated by men, not doing retail or low-level office admin jobs like women do. They commit crimes at the same rate as men.

The only thing that they share with women is they like to look feminine. Look up autogynephilia. They get off not by imagining having sex with a woman but by imagining being the woman. They typically discuss feelings of jealousy for the attention that girls got when they grew up. They typically talk of trying on their mother's clothes and getting their first sexual stirrings, because of the silky fabric and their image in the mirror. (for all they deny being transvestites, most admit to it. Read their discussion boards.)

That is the beginning of their delusion. They are nothing but jealous, delusional fools. It is well-known that most if not all suffer from other serious psychological issues. Just check their behavior for five minutes. They are nuts.

it's absolutely a mental illness. gender dysphoria was [correctly] identified as a mental disease until liberal faggots went nuts with "muh acceptance". there is something not right in tranny's heads. that is why they kill themselves at 4x the rate of even the most marginalized groups in society. liberal faggots are doing a disservice to trannies by pretending like they are normal. they are not, anyone who wants to cut off their dick and cut a fucking wound between their legs to pretend to be a girl is a fucking psycho and should be treated as such.

Bait this blatant is guaranteed 200 responses

>googles trump supporters
hmmm not getting anything that looks close to the left image there champ

Delete this, you degenerate! The solution is to stop pushing kids into gay parades or make them trannies.

stick to carpentry cuck

>I like baking cake
>I should chop my dick off
>Seemslogical.jpeg

I am a man. I don't like football, and I'm not too big on beer either. I also have a couple of "feminine" interests, but I'm still a man, because whether or not you are a man or a woman isn't based on how you live or what you do with your time, it's based on your genetics. It's possible to enjoy baking and shopping at the mall, but still not want to chop your dick off.

Tl;dr trannies are mentally ill

Your hobbies and interests don't change your biological gender. Your sexual orientation doesn't either.

I'll just leave this here

if you change your sex organs the body will start to close it up because it CONSIDERS IT TO BE AN OPEN WOUND

It'd be fine if they left it at that. But they are always extremely depressed and unstable individuals who routinely kill themselves, and there's a whole liberal movement that uses the fact that these people should be sympathized with as a lazy power grab to force other people to do shit.

Let's also not forget the fact that they indoctrinate kids who aren't actually transgender they are just autistic faggots.

We used to call them seagulls. They poop on everything as they fly away.

leftists hate children... thats why half of them are pedophiles or communists

why would baking a cake make you want to chop your dick off??

It's a mental illness. Doctors who surgically remove your sex organs while acknowledging it has a 3% change of being ineffective are abusing mentally ill patients.

This post reads like a 13-17 year old girl or any gender queer.

Slide thread Saged. 1 post by this id

>football on Saturday nights

all would be OP credibility gone.

what you are describing is mental illness.........

Damn it! Don't do that! Then they might actually do some research and figure out what day.

Sage train!

>OP pic

Fake and gay

>their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.
Again, that's mental illness. A male or female is not defined by what he or she enjoys doing or any sort of tendency. It is literally what genitals and chromosomes you have and nothing more. Ever.

>society's definition of what a male should be like
There's no such thing. It's just what SOME males gravitate towards.

>Transgender people know they are biologically one sex
>their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind

Literally a mental disorder.

Because it's false. Fucking retard.

It's gay and degenerate. It's faggotry.
> Trannys want to suck dick

>Gee i wonder if that has to do with everybody treating them like absolute fucking shit?
Bruce Jenner was woman of the year. Kill yourself.

But if it's purely a mental illness, why does it seem to be immune to normal psychiatric treatment?

Are there any studies on this?

It say's conservative not Trump supporter learn to read perhaps.

Time to dump some icy cold reality on you OP

Im glad professor noseberg could enlighten you

Whooo we getting raided?

Came here to say this.

>fatshaming in 2015 [+2]

Delusion is a mental illness, ever a very strong delusion. Delusion can be influenced by environmental factors, no doubt there can be a genetic component. Nevertheless transgenderism is dysfunctional, and should be discouraged. People who genuinely suffer from gender dysphoria should receive help/treatment (I don't mean having their willies chopped off)

so their mind isn't matching up with the rest of their biological anatomy huh? one might say that that person was... cognitively... impaired...

P.S. your professor sounds like simple-minded moron who only has the most superficial and erroneous view of sex roles (gender roles is a bullshit term, gender is a linguistic term applying to words not biological organisms) that is possible to have.
Do you attend a community college, by chance?

ROFL. amen

/thread