Skilled Trades

What are the best trades with job growth and such? What do you guys do?

So many choices what to pick? Should I believe the college meme and go for that?

I was thinking diesel mechanic or avionics technician, maybe even computer programmer.

>Going to college for programming
Waste of money.

Start your own company or you'll end up hating life. Agency life is full of "artsy" mindset hipsters where nothing gets fucking done and you have to answer to dipshit designers.

automotive repair
complex industrial electrical work
welding
IT/networking/programming
farming
accounting

Pipe welding for the petroleum industry.

what do you do if you dont mind me asking user?
My father was a mechanic in germany for mercedes and moved to the US had his own business and did good. I want to take a similar path. Always loved being in the shop. but maybe want to branch out

Auto mech at a dealership isnt bad - its fairly steady. Autobody painters make biggest money in the auto repair/maint area.

Electricians are big league right now. You can't go wrong with this one.

Stay away from heavy construction or heavy equipment operator world unless you want the retard union fagging wait to retire kind of lifestyle.

Also strongly recommend HVAC if you live in a state that is extra hot/cold extreme.

floridafag here. dads friend took me for a summer doing A/C work. hot as fuck, feels bad. but i here you. I been helping out at this merc shop. learning here and there. plus learned from dad. Aviation any good?

also flew with dads friend have 10 hours in log book flying. shit was fun

crypto currency expert

Electrician, plumber or welder. You basically only really work about 3hrs a day on an 8hr shift, and make great money. Strong unions have made these trades great for people who don't want to work hard.

my construction uncle said if you take a trade go electrician since there are so many non union plumbers

If you're creative, mechanical repair won't satisfy that. All you do is put shit back together the way someone else wants it. You end up hating the shit that pays you and despising that the shit that still challenges you doesn't pay. Try something where you need to problem solve, like electrical, plumbing or welding/fabrication. They're usually more physically punishing, but it keeps you in shape.

>diesel mechanic master race reporting
>we literally need 11 more now at muh job!
>starts at $56k a year
>working in a port in a bay city in Los Angeles
>I went to Long Beach City College
>been a mechanic 5 years
>pizza delivery>security guard>mechanic
>not positive what is going to happen in 15 years though
>currently getting $67k
>also additional $24k-ish a year doing DJing, part owner of comfy mini-mart and occasionally get hired to eradicate feral swine in 3 states
>yes there are guys here getting $120-200k+ doing systems/hedgefunds/banking/programming/etc high tier professions
>but skilled trades will always be needed somewhere as well

Go into computers

desu OP anything skilled.

Programming - no, its skilled but the barrier to entry is too high

welder/glazier/carpenter - join a local, apprentice, get a sick pension after 20 years.

Electrician - See above

Aviation tech/Diesel tech/etc - Get fucked by high interest rate student loans for a shot at a real gig. If you go this route go the community college route and study enough to lie your way into a job that checks creds.

That's about it. Avoid the college meme. Its a degenerate liberal cesspool. I know - I did it. It's not worth it in the slightest. I had to take a bunch of feminist indoctrination classes just to get into computer science.

Forgot to mention I work just 30-32 hours a week
>first and last hour just desk work
>the 4-5 hour in between, beast mode labor (not too crazy though)

Electrictian

>67k in los angeles

is it tough living in a cardboard box?

I get around $88k a year (with the side gigs and *grow weed too*). I also inherited a house in Norwalk from my grandpa. It's not hard to live here even with $50k. Just that you'll be in the outskirts if your really desperate e.g., $550 rent for a two bedroom apartment in San Bernardino (commute will suck).
I also have almost zero debt. I barely use credit cards.

Automation. Everything is being automated in factories and theres going to have be someone to upkeep and program robots.

If you want to become an aviation tech, join the military.