What's the fucking point?

forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2016/12/05/the-highest-paid-youtube-stars-2016-pewdiepie-remains-no-1-with-15-million/#751b4a167713

In 2015 this faggot made $15 million USD playing videogames.

Why do I bust my ass in college?

What's the fucking point of studying STEM in this society that glorifies mediocrity and looks down on hard work and merit?

Non-meme replies pls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PSJjs4l_FHU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=44XGFYQryJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Live and let live.

because your need for toys and nice things permeates your every waking second

He realized there was a market of 12 year olds and man children that would watch him be bad at games at be a faggot in general. If you had realized this, you could have been him instead. Stop bitching and find the next minecraft/YouTube/pewdiepie and use it

Supply vs. demand, user. The demand for gaming youtubers is met a thousand times over by the supply, but the demand for people with useful STEM knowledge is not.

Good

Society SHOULD look down on being a wageslave

Implying it's good to go into a career just for the money.

i hope you fucking die

He sounds like a savvy guy, get gud dude

It's not that simple. He is a great entertainer. It is real hard work profession. Try it out.. You'll notice how demanding it is. It's like trying to keep yourself warm on a tundra by maintaining a campfire.

I was about to eat but your saltiness made my food uneatable

He's an exception not a rule. Even if you threw everything away and started livestreaming games, you still wouldn't make as much money as him.

t. PDP

something something evolutionary psychology something something tribalism something something you compare yourself to entities you have no business comparing yourself to simply because you're aware of them

because you are not good looking or charming or funny

How often in your life you are telling a story and more than 10 people are listening?

>What's the fucking point of studying STEM
Desire to know and learn. You should probably quit right now if you're just a brainlet in it for the money.

>Why do I bust my ass in college?
because you probably rolled a ZERO on charisma and maybe, just maybe, rolled a 4 on intelligence.

Cases like this are lightning in a bottle. Arts/entertainment is a significantly less stable field that takes a lot of luck. STEM is more stable if you're willing to put in the work.

/thread

>why do I have to contribute to the economy when other people make money entertaining people! wahhhh wahhhhhh

Because you're not entertaining.

youtube.com/watch?v=PSJjs4l_FHU

I f you're asking that, you shouldn't be in STEM. You pick STEM because you're interested. You could make make far more money in the business world. I mean sure, you could be an engineer or CEO in the oil industry and make millions, but STEM is mostly long hours for little monetary value. Most people do it because they want to discover or work on solutions, the money is just a vehicle to allow them to do that. Don't go into STEM is your only goal is making money, you can make far more in business or being a pseudo-scientist and scamming people.

I don't want to be some gaming faggot contributing to the decay of society.

>money
Way to miss the point fucktards.
I don't give a shit about the money.
It's about the future of society.
There was a time when being in STEM, contributing to the development of mankind, was considered a moral highground, the bechmark every man should aspire to.

It's the reason Einstein, Edison, Von Braun, were nearly celebrities in their time.

Now modern society glamorizes this brain dead behaviour while hard work is looked down upon. The fact that you all thought I give a rat's arse about money, is sympthomatic of everything that's wrong with modern civilization.

>being a pseudo-scientist and scamming people.
Maybe I should... give up and embrace the cold nihilism of modern "society" and watch as it all slides down into Idiocracy-style Hell. There is no incenctive in being one of the few that keeps society running when nobody else cares.

wew... you are going to die yourself from that venom lad. Grow up.

Never heard of the fucking cuck e-celebrity. Sometimes being 37 has it's advantages.

Because it's extremely unlikely to get big on YouTube and pewdiepie is an even weirder case. Some people get the lottery, that doesn't mean you should give everything else because of that.

That guy is a beggar compared to the poorest Wall Street finance guys. Much of that banker shit is smoke and mirrors, value transference, and parasitism of no value to society, yet it's worth hundreds of millions and billions.

At least set your object of derision up a bit higher than an e-celeb outlier.

Your old. No one care about your opinon.

>What's the fucking point of studying STEM in this society that glorifies mediocrity and looks down on hard work and merit?
>Now modern society glamorizes this brain dead behaviour while hard work is looked down upon.
Ah, so it's not about the money, it's about the fame and glamor. Dude, even if society glamorized scientists (which it basically does as long as we're talking about popsci TV celeb normies like Niel degrasse Tyson), what makes you think you'd be worthy of note?

stop caring about money you dumbfuck

Fuck you millennial trash - my generation (and older) is anti-degenerate and we run the world.

One person accidentally btfo of one media source and you think you can do the same??

This.

That idiot isn't going to save his money. It's going to evaporate on the dumb shit he will spend it on.

He isn't the problem with society.

Because you lack charisma.
Entertainers all make shitloads upon shitloads of money just for being able to make some quips other people wrote in 20 minute segments.

You will never make as much money as them no matter how smart you become. That's just an unfortunate fact.

Surprised nobody is crying about the fact that Jordan Peterson's Patreon "only" makes him $30k a month while this little punk leaves him BTFO.

That's not true. There is some quality in these people that is not replicable in others. Their personalities are so likeable that they can make money portraying some character they have chosen to accentuate. Its not about quips, its something much more.

Who the fuck is jordan peterson?

Some fucking Leaf self help psychologist popular with the Sup Forums set for his fight against shit like gender neutral pronouns in academia. He's born in early 60s and it's amazing he makes 30k a month given he relative obscurity.

So you can get a better job and earn more than the average goy. Are you only studying your degree for glory?

>What's the fucking point of science?
If you're unironically asking yourself that because you wont become a millionaire out of inventing things, you're fucking retarded and should drop out asap

But to answer your question (from a money point of view), it's because you went with the herd. The market works in a very assholish way by guaranteeing that the concept of a "rich person" will always remain rare and restricted to a small percentage of the population because that's what it exactly means - a person who has more money than the rest of the 90%. If everyone became rich the universe would break, because such a thing cannot happen even under communism - there will always be wealth/power/resource inequality between people.

So the market goes out of its way (sometimes even becoming quite illogical with illogical demands) to ensure that there isn't a golden "just graduate this and become a millionaire lol" rule to acquiring wealth. If there was, everyone would do it, and if everyone did it the market would be over-over-saturated with such people, greatly diminishing their average profitability. That was the case of lawyers 30 years ago and is currently the case with compsci - people saw money, went in with the herd and saturated the market to bare profitability. When such a thing happens the market does a 180 and promotes the illogical stuff that no one would ever think of doing for money instead - youtube and streaming in this case, singing songs and acting in front of cameras in some other cases in the past, and most likely playing games competitively in the future.

>tl;dr - if the average joe starts graduating in your profession, it's probably time to think of an alternative

Yes, that aspect is called charisma.

Charisma isn't that kinda suave smooth-talker you knew in college. Real charisma is this ability to create an entire alternate persona to present and entertain others.

>a "rich person" will always remain rare and restricted to a small percentage of the population because that's what it exactly means - a person who has more money than the rest of the 90%
This exactly

OP even if you are a poor welfare queen, you live with luxuries King Henry VIII could have only dreamt of, no matter how many gold bars he offered to get them

Once you realize this you will be a much more satisfied person, and your life will be way easier. Then you can devote your life to science without worrying.

I agree. Quality post

If you want money there are specific things that you have to do to get. It's not just about studying and getting a nice job. If you are so smart to be STEM you should have figured this out.

I dont think you really appreciate how honest "charisma" has to be to create an effect on millions of people.

I think you just have a very weak standard of charisma

Einstein will be remembered far, far longer than PewDiePie. He makes a bunch if money off little children (which is a high value market) dont overblow his status

>the demand for people with useful STEM knowledge is not.
boy will you get disillusioned when you need to go job hunting

It would probably be easier if I had a massive distribution network to broadcast my story across.

Never look at the most successful person in any field of work. Look at the amount of losers instead.

This is why you avoid gambling. The 2% that are successful can only be so by tricking the other 98% into thinking they can be like them.

>What's the fucking point of studying STEM in this society that glorifies mediocrity and looks down on hard work and merit?
>Non-meme replies pls.
you are ugly
your voice is terrible
and your personality is hideous

i think his videos are pretty good, usually funny, and his new running gags are good, like jack spedicey, and also how he subtly drops redpills regarding the media

if he leaves youtube, i'd watch him elsewhere as long as the stream is fast enough

I just remember watching that video of him shooting dudes in the balls in a video game and acting like a faggot. All's I want to do is find him and beat him in his tiny balls with a baseball bat. Half assed Swedish cuck.

IGNORE AYY LMAO THREADS

WHAT BOARD DO YOU COME FROM
BETTER GIVE A GOOD ANSWER OR YOU'LL GO STRAIGHT INTO THE OVEN

Looks like /sci/

At least he is working. There are people who make more money than him and literally don't contribute to anything.

This retard Swedecuck is an embarrassment to mankind and only a brain fried fucktard generation like this one would ever accept him

Honestly, anyone who doesn't want to beat the fuck out of this talentless douche has mental issues themselves.

Pewdiepie is completely respectless and so are his autistic fans. All of you brofags need to re-evaluate your existence.

Be honest with yourself. How mediocre at STEM are you? If you aren't able to profit from a STEM education, why did you choose it in the first place?

STEM is only a meme if you're low IQ. There are people out there who have created million-dollar patents, but those people are very intelligent and "made" for STEM.

Are you one of those people? How realistic are your expectations?

It is turbo kiked that the most popular guy on the most popular video site only makes $15m.

I know $15m is a lot, but consider what he's accomplishing. That's like the biggest TV show on the biggest network only costing $15m a year to make. Relative to what he's actually bringing in $15m is goy crumbs.

Fuck goy crumbs. Every white man needs to upskill.

AYY LMAO

If you think each morning is going to be the same as the one before, make it your last morning.

Basically, your life is not over until you're dead, BUT you can live like a retard and waste each day unhappily.

tl;dr. Get happy or kill yourself.

It's ok then

>what's the point doing thing X if someone makes better money doing thing Y which i hate?
For someone like you, none. You're a petty and greedy creature who will find no comfort in doing anything. For others, the point of studying STEM is in gaining a deeper understanding of reality and doing something they personally consider worthwhile.

>at least he is working?

Frying children's brains in complete comfort whilst jewtube works all the adsense for him is not a real job

Having a job means to contribute to society, this faggot is only contributing to cancer

Jesus Christ. I don't know what faggot mod of that board thought this belonged in Sup Forums sure he is our guy but this has nothing to do with Sup Forums

how many of these fucking stale ass memes do you have?

>everyone needs to give a fuck about muh subjective value judgments about what counts as a contribution to society
You could go further down that road and claim that art and entertainment in general contribute nothing to society, and that artists and entertainers need to get a "real job", or just claim that art and entertainment you don't like is not a real contribution to society. Surely you can see why this is about as worthy of consideration as your food preferences.

i mean have you even watched his new shit from like november 2016 onwards?

this jew is right. And I know something about jews.

sincierly,
t. mountain jew

I agree. Noone deserves to make a single penny out of basing their entire business model around pulling fake reactions to amnesia for small children. I'd love to see someone empty his bank account and throw all his money to random people on the street. Would be better put to use there

you're clearly not charismatic enough.

>stem
>hard work

el oh el.

This guy is probably one of the reasons the latest generation is redpilled, the Jews turned on him and he showed the wests kids, he's done more than most ever will on pol in the redpill sense

He is cancerously relentless

>In 2015 this faggot made $15 million USD playing videogames.

Why do I bust my ass in college?

Cause you have a face for radio and the personality of an overflowing toilet and no one gives two tugs of a dead dogs cock what you think.

>Jews turned on him
you mean after he paid some indian kid to hold up an antisemitic picket board on camera for a joke?

How dare someone else be successful, REEEEEE!

He found a demand and he brought the supply.

That's capitalism.

what's the problem with that

>don't want to be some gaming faggot contributing to the decay of society
>t. whiny faggot complaining in a mongolian knitting online congregation

>even if you are a poor welfare queen, you live with luxuries King Henry VIII could have only dreamt of, no matter how many gold bars he offered to get them
Seriously. We live in an age where we don't get dysentery from our water, even if you are the poorest of the poor we have groups that clothe, feed, and shelter you on top of helping you find some way to contribute to society and turn your life around, and we can not only own enormous houses while earning very little, but we also can communicate with people all around the world in a single click and find out whatever information we want simply through Google.

We live in an amazing time, regardless of what ails us.

Dude he got to level 999 on zombies (while masturbating )
I don't know its your life ...getting a higher education or a good job or top hooker on 6th street are personal goals for some. What is important to you not society.. I see this all the time (what wrong with society) as it has fallen out of line with my idea of importance ... Sorry bubba I suggest that you do what you think is worth doing in your life and not worry about another virgin wiz kid

He's horrible. He really is a children's entertainer, and is responsible for a lot of the cancerous culture that Youtube has spawned.
That being said, I'm glad he's using his popularity to redpill the masses. I guess something good came out of it in the end.

Some people are more lucky.
Besides that he still works hard af. You only see the videos of 10 mins. But sometimes, he puts hours of gameplay in a vid of 10 min. So the editing, which you don't see (because you are an ignorant piece of shit), takes very long.

>inb4 little kid watching his stream
No I edit shit myself and know the struggles

>sure he's our guy
please kys
No, I'm not a manchild, you enjoy your brain cancer though.

Saying you brofag autists have shit for brains would be an insult to manure.

Anyway that's enough /nupol/ for today. You all fail at having standards whatsoever because you're too stupid for it and I'm tired of looking at it.

I don't give a shit what any of you have to say because it's all pushover autistic respect-for-nothing cancer.

>b-but he made millions from being a retard XDDD
>/ourguy/!!
>praise kek XDD
>brofist!

uhh whats going on in hre?

hows brighton you hipster faggot. that swedish bar with the cross is lit asf

He literally does dumb shit for money and he is aware of it. Meanwhile he has dropped numerous redpills on his fans.

He is more Sup Forums worthy than you kiwi. How many people have you redpilled in your life? Thousands?

different skillsets

I have a masters in mechanical engineering but there's no way I'd have the looks or charisma to collect 10s of millions of follows on a social media platform

you probably don't either

make a fucking youtube channel and do it if you think you do

>OP even if you are a poor welfare queen, you live with luxuries King Henry VIII could have only dreamt of, no matter how many gold bars he offered to get them

Sick of this meme.

The POWER that the King had back then is far beyond mine. Those of us who are programmed right crave power.

The peasant in the kings time was living better than poorfag kings during the ice age. Hooray for the peasant.

This life is for power, not jacking myself off over having an iPhone that the King didnt.

It's not even about that. Statistians have studied the 'pewdiepie phenomena' and found it comes down to geography and Youtube algorithms. Has nothing to do with content quality or SEO on pewdiepie's end..

You realize that's incredibly rare right? Most streamers make jack shit and not to mention I didn't even think he made video game videos anymore. Thought he moved on to social commentary

He just found a niche and the market acted accordingly. With that being said it does demoralize me that I need to work for free in order to keep my menial job at Walmart because no other employer will match or exceed my current $14/hr wage since I don't have a GED or anything.

Yes, yes, we've had amazing advances in technology and material sciences, but what we have gained in hard matter we have lost in ethics, spirituality, virtue. Our hard sciences have helped us but our social sciences have stabbed us in the back.

What's the point of living +80 years if you can't get a loyal wife to live them out with you? What's the point of being served faster by a touchscreen in McDonald's if people will go unemployed from it? What's the point of starting a family if it can break apart at any second?
A single cellphone has more processing power than the entire Apollo Mission Control Center, yet they went to the Moon and here we are sitting on our asses spending billions on mindless escapism.

Leon Degrelle was right in one thing - The Spirit of the West is dead. This empty, souless, amoral society cannot satisfy the needs of man.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=44XGFYQryJs

The scariest part is most people are too far gone to see it. Materialism has crushed the things that made life worth living.

Paying a man that looks like Jesus to say Hitler did nothing wrong was hilarious.

He should get payed $50 mill by 2017

Mannn that looks comfy. How do I move to America get a job at Walmart? I wanna hang out with rednecks all day whilst dealing with the typical Americana clientele.

Life has never been fair.

stop living in america

i swear, only in america have i seen people get shunned and humiliated for being better

For fun. I'd be bored to death if I were a manchild playing video games instead of studying.