Why dont we build beautiful stuff anymore?

why dont we build beautiful stuff anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lNI07egoefc
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

jews fuck up architecture

Jews didn't like classical architecture. So they came up with brutalism and modernism.

because youll trigger half the population with traditionalism

There aren't many things that make me rage this hard.

Cuz its all about efficiency and requires following millions of regulations created by jews + the postmodernist art and architecture looks dystopian as fuck

Because it's not economical.
And it the world we live in, there are people who put their hobby of collecting papers with numbers on them above the expression of human beauty, reason or ingenuity.

This is what happens when you fail to educate your people.

Because it's too expensive and time consuming you little shit

Too many regulations and building fees and development fees so builders cheap out on design

its all juice

Also all jew postmodern architecture just like giant sleek monoliths to remove individuality and pride and meaning

----->
Proved my point perfectly. If anyone here is retarded enough to believe beauty serves no purpose, I can't look at you the way i look at a human.

That sounds even better

Architecture is an expression of culture. White people are not allowed to have a culture anymore.

Brutalism has it's place. It is over used though. A school my baseball team played against in little league was built that was and it freaked me out as a kid.

Modern design is minimalist and Jewish so its dictated by cost not aesthetics.

Well it's either shekels (offices for corporations) or beauty. Can't have both.

Personal motorised vehicles should be abnned in city centres

>modern design is dictated by cost not aesthetics
This is false. Hideous contemporary buildings are ridiculously expensive, they cost more than traditional architecture. Look it up, it's unbelievable - ugliness is being enforced in order to demoralize the local population, 50 years from now the West will become a full blown dystopia.

Do you want houses to cost 10x what they do now in cities? How could most people afford a house if they all looked like they were from the 19th century? You need to grow up.

Because of post-modernism.

The new isn't particulalry ugly, just plain

The old one is a lot better tho

2nd one looks better

That is horrible.

>why dont we build beautiful stuff anymore?
"Beautiful stuff" is expensive and takes up space that could be used for more floor space.

As hideous as it is, the "glass cube" is the most efficient and greatest floor space design. But "efficiency" and "square foot floor space" are really only office building concerns.

I have no answers why people are still buying fugly tract homes. Sure, it's cheaper on the developer to have a limited number of plans, and it lends a certain cohesive "look" to a neighborhood, but why on earth would you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on an ugly, plain house that looks just like the one next to it. Many such cases!

>Modern architecture is shit
>poor people can afford 19th century homes

You probably got invaded by mongrels.

What is with this fucking country and it's brutalist architecture? Every goverment building, school, public office, etc is a concrete pile of shit and ugly

Wow, that's fucked up. I mean we have a lot of commieblocks, and there's some corporate offices being built, but at least we don't demolish good old buildings and replace them with shit. Plus old city architecture and new shit is rather separated

holy kek they butchered it.

I think it's just because jews are jealous tbqh

I post this in every architecture thread, here's my old city hall. Nothing fancy, but not an ugly looking building either. Pretty basic 1800s civic style, I like it

Degenerate architecture is part of the degenerate art (((package))). C'mon guys this is pol 101.

They later tear it down against literally every citizen's wishes, there were protests and stuff but hey gotta make room for progress!

They replaced it with this

>brutalism
>ever good
looks like shit as soon as the weather starts to cause patina.
Fucking horrible.

youtu.be/lNI07egoefc
Probably related.

>another angle
It's that shitty late 60's/early 70's "trying to be different" style that just sucks ass

rain + brutalism looks like streaks of shit and tears rolling down the building

another good one
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c

My guess is there's a lot more work involved laying bricks and making stucco then just erecting a steel frame and put glass in it.
With health care and pensions and taxes and unions, labour has become rather expensive. That's why we don't build nice buildings anymore.

>It's that shitty late 60's/early 70's "trying to be different" style that just sucks ass

>right when CIA culture war began

Damn that sucks. Don't you have cultural heritage or monuments' protection laws that stop these kind of projects?

Let's not panic that much though, Buildings are just buildings, they can be demolished when they become really shit.

We do but they only really apply to a few (the oldest) places in Canada like Old Quebec, Lunenberg, the Old Rideau Canal stuff, etc. Anything within the cities is pretty much fair game to destroy.

Our government puts much more time effort and money into "protecting" our National parks.

Though it is pretty savage, not even our commies were insane enough to destroy something like Kraków or Gdańsk with commieblocks

this is protected

The prioritization of profit over art and culture. In short, regression.

because shitty buildings that come down to the ground or get abandoned in 30yrs time because fuck manteinance is """good""" for the economy

Also sets up a sterile and soulless environment that keeps from distractions and boosts productivity, also injecting hopelessness and desperation so you won't ever think that anything better can be done anymore.

This is very true. Same reason why construction workers will work the same (perfectly fine) patch of road 3x a year. It's creating busywork.

Beautiful stone buildings made of naturally sourced material (ie. not ridiculous jungle wood or half the building made of plastics) maintain quite well on their own, and as such cannot be fucked with for profit multiple times annually.

Gotta make shitty buildings that'll fall apart without maintenance, that's what we need! Fuck stability and simplicity

lol not posting Wright. Fucking fag.

We do. But we have so much beautiful stuff now that a major building project no longer gets the population excited therefor its not celebrated as an achievement

That's a shame. Even the small villages here have some houses/buildings that are categorized as "monuments", which prohibits the owner of changing its outer appearance or demolishing it. My grandfather used to live in one before he went to a retirement home. The new owner did want to renew a lot of it, but needed to have deep pockets since the municipality wanted guarantees the outside atleast stayed intact to allow them to do so.
I'm glad city planning is one of the things we seem to do right. Whenever I cros the borders towards Belgium most cities and villages are like a melting pot of architectural styles.

>Fuck stability and simplicity
but user, the shekel must flow in the determined direction
otherwise, how would you create a society dependent on a centralized system that funnels all the resources to unhappy urban retards?

>build something beautiful in 15th century
>people to this day love it and want to preserve it
>build some shit in 21st century
>people already think its worthless garbage
Wow real value there man, you surely saved them shekkels there

>this thread is so depressing

Both my dad and I work building maintenance. The building he works at was built in the 30s, the one I work at was built in the 70s. It's fucking night and day difference. He early had to fix anything structural while I'm constantly chasing leaks.

Previously I worked around home construction. It's really really really sad how poorly homes are being built, even the million dollar mansions. The only upside is those houses won't be around in 20s.

Pretty much this. They intentionally destroyed as much of the nice architecture as they could post WW2. They wanted the cities to physically resemble the soulless, ugly world that they were trying to implement. A world that matches their own souls.

>ubisoft E3/release graphics comparison

This isn't so bad, it's got a nice cyberpunk ghost in the shell look and a good combination of height and symmetry.

It's because of post-modernism art styles. It rejects nearly all classical understandings and traditions.

>good combination of height and symmetry
So... it stands upright? Wtf I love soul crushing postmodernist architecture now

>We do but they only really apply to a few (the oldest) places in Canada like Old Quebec, Lunenberg, the Old Rideau Canal stuff, etc. Anything within the cities is pretty much fair game to destroy.

It varies province by province. We have a heritage building act put in place in 1980 that protects all the old buildings within reason.

Some really old buildings have to come down because structural issues where half the building is sinking due to improper foundation from 120 years ago. Other times the cost of heating and maintaining them just isn't practical due to how poorly insulated they are and how old their boiler systems were. To refurbish them would cost far more than their tenants could afford to pay.

Pic related was a wonderful old building in small city of scarcely 10,000 people . It was a 500,000 square foot abandoned insane asylum and at the time of it's construction it was the largest hospital in the entire British commonwealth.

Heating costs were obscene and pumps were run almost year round to prevent the lower level from flooding each year. The city and the health district could not afford the buildings upkeep.

People in Toronto were petitioning to have it saved and turned into offices or a mall, but a city of 10,000 could not fill a half million square feet of retail space even if they closed their existing small shopping mall.

Pic related was eventually destroyed in 2009 out of necessity.

The Jewish interpretation of beauty is completely different to our view of beauty.

what place is that? looks comfy.

The worst thing is that they aren't even replaced by bigger or more useful buildings. It is so obvious that there is an agenda beyond practicality. The Jews just want to destroy all beauty in the world, that's what it seems to be.

user tell me that you are kidding, i dont wanna cry

Old part of Quebec City. The Maritimes and Quebec are really the only places in Canada where any real old architecture still stands

The "muro inca" wall was not built by the Inca, even the natives say it was built by an earlier society and they claimed the sites.

Fucking Hamilton.
This city gets worse every year.
How many shootings have we had in the past month ? 8 or 10 ? And they try and blame guns or drugs when it's quite obvious we're developing a nigger problem.

There was an article in the Spectator detailing the recent crime spree and they turned off the comments once everyone started talking about race/ethnicity.

La Plata es la peor ciudad, no tiene alma.

this doesnt exist anymore

beautiful and comfy. I thought it was Estonia at first.

I wish I lived in Bern Switzerland during winter.

Beautiful, please take care of it.

this doesnt exists too

Reminds me of a new years photo from Europe that was on reddit about 2013. It was a photo of a snow covered street in a well lit village with a blonde girl standing in the street while fireworks go off in the background.

I would like to see that again.

Tell me about it. I was riding the bus to work last week and these niggers were loudly bragging about how they assaulted a bus driver that "had it coming" the week before. Apparently the niggers ran in front of the bus so the driver got pissed and told them they couldn't come on, so they fucking beat him.

Every time I see a suspect description without race mentioned, I know it's a black guy. I always carry my knife on me just in case though

>christmas decoration in the street
don't get used to that sight too much. It only takes one outraged blog to get that shit illegal now.

this too

The Quebecois are pretty fierce about keeping their heritage, although they too are being flooded with immigrants. They hate the Anglos to death but I trust them enough to keep their cities beautiful (it would be wise even for tourism's sake)

Marxists as usual

youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

White flight, suburbanism, and the fact that our government considers construction, and value put into construction and buying/selling homes and property to be markers of a strong economy. So the government incentivizes at multiple levels constant construction and development.

Plus, not to sound like a self-hating Europhile, the US has never given a shit about its historic buildings compared to other countries. We really decimated so many colonial era structures during the early industrial period and that is widely forgotten

If people here made an effort, took it seriously, spent way more on construction and then held homes in families for generations than it would be possible to build beautiful structures again. But people don't

A good balance of height, shape, and symmetry would be a better way of describing it.

Something like this is much worse.

King looks like a pissed wojak

Truly depressing to live in a era with such a shitty architecture.

I don't disagree at all. I feel like San Francisco is the only city here with a really unique character anymore.

Because kikes

Fair enough, I was being a dick - I just really fucking hate brutalism. Pic related a library in Toronto.

It looks so out of place they used it for a resident evil film

Beauty causes jealousy. Jealousy causes terrorism. Therefore, making beautiful things supports ISIS.

YOU DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT ISIS AFTER WHAT THEY DID IN STOCKHOLM DO YOU?

Most countries destruct themselves. We do it too, but only in the 19th-century neighbours, because those are rubbish

Apparently, It's supposed to look like a peacock...

>Lolocaust memorial
Topkek

Beautiful shit's inefficient and doesn't make maximum profit.

Brutalism is garbage. What if this school looked like.. a prison! What if this hospital looked like... a prison! And for whatever reason they design the windows for archers.