Aviation is Most Alpha Redpilled Profession

So why aren't you learning to fly the redpill skies like top tier Shitlords?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SwKuSMVCliQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree with you....but what is your incentive to start a thread like this??

Glorified taxi drivers

machining is more redpilled
also wrong board nigger

they make a board for you faggots and you still fuck it up

this

takes 2 years tops to learn how to fly those things.

Not really that hard. They jsut make it ultra hard because Pilot Unions exist and want to protect themselves.

There are so many pilots from shit tier airlines that are competitive and often have more flight hours than some from established more expensive airlines.

We have this Union "COCKPIT" here that constantly cucks Lufthansa for no reason at all.

The amount of stewardess pussy pilots get is so outrageous it's almost worth it just for that.

Every story I hear from people working in that scene is a fuckfest.

these

>Wanting to become a glorified paid passenger whilst a machine does it for you

Way ahead of you

>tfw have PPL and enroute IFR

I just fly to Berlin or Stockholm with my mates for lulz.

I wouldn't want to work as a commercial pilot though. Until you make it to captain it sucks ass. Plus you're being replaced by drones within a decade

>Plus you're being replaced by drones within a decade

its about time.

Pilots benefit heavily from the 50's, 60's notion of them flying these epic new planes. All the hype and craze around it.

Nowadays its nothing but an overpaid shit job for fucking nigger cattle.

>what you think you are
>pic related

But do pollacks have the sphinctorial fortitude to fly a hunk of metal through the sky? Machining is based, but could you fabricate a plane, and fly that motherfucker?

>what you actually are

Airline pilot here, banging flight attendants has more downsides than up.

>sphinctorial fortitude to fly a hunk of metal through the sky

what the fuck are you thinking? do you unironically believe its like driving a car or something?

Watch that airspeed sir, nice boots!

I'm not a pilot, rather an electrical/avionics engineer. Most pilots I've interacted with are fine, but many are driven by ego I've found.

Plus pilots for all their knowledge do some dumb shit. There's a reason why we often cite the "seat to stick interface" as a cause of a fault.

>fabricate a plane, and fly that motherfucker?
Its pretty easy actually, everyone can do it if they study the subject and jack a car engine for their plane,.

>becomes pilot
>realizes he is nothing but a glorified bus driver
>tries to pretend its still a prestigious profession which commands respect like in the 60s
>reeks of desperation and insecurity

I'd say probably just kys OP

The autopilot is shit, it messes up all the time. The AP is basic too, you still have to manually enter every command.

I'm literally boarding up right now getting to push. I wouldn't call this a redpilled job. Youre away from home all the time, though you get lots of days off. The pay is alright, at the regionals it's shit. You do get all the time in the world to shitpost.

You must fly a shit tier aircraft then. Of all the things I've had to rectify in my time, the autopilot is rarely one of them.
Usually it's the users finger trouble that causes it to become "unserviceable".

Seriously though, which aircraft do you operate? As whilst APs are generally easy to use, you rarely have to manually adjust anything in flight outside of normal usage unless there is an ATC reasoning for it.

Well I must admit, I shitposted to get a feel for how to better start a thread and used a topic of which I have some interest. I sought ought a picture I thought would catch the eye against the beige background and made an antagonizing title. I'm glad to see this has gotten responses related to the actual subject, what amazing cross-sections of expertise this forum possesses. Anyhow, didn't mean to trigger you fags, but this is an amazing collective of talents/intellects/shitlords.

737, and we can thank Southwest for that.

Ah fair enough. I've never had the pleasure of working the 73.

My resume lays with Airbus narrowbodies and before that smaller aircraft and the Eurofighter Typhoon/BAe Hawk.

>be me
>love airplanes and aviation
>can literally name every fighter plane since WW2
>want to fly
>deathly afraid of heights
You can dodge missiles, but you can't dodge feels.

Fiances father works for united makes 350k a yr. But he's bluepilled as fuck so.....

How so?

I love how Sup Forums is all airline pilots, and military pilots. Literally everyone I work with shit posts on here.

90% of pilot jobs wont exist in 25 years or less.

enjoy your cosmic radiation

I appreciate your skepticism, but......

Well I'm not a pilot (unless you count a PPL with a few hundred hours in C152/172). I just keep them flying from a terra firma loaction.

whats more redpilled than machining?
machining on a big ass machines

kek thats the best argument against flying i have ever heard

He's the exception- getting an in with the big carriers is when you're actually paid well and get to have days off.

Most pilots fly for the crap-ass regional carriers like Spirit and Ryanair who pay roughly 30k a year and require back-to-back shifts

I could see single pilot within 10-20 years, but you would have to eliminate ATC first.

Probably because commercial jets fly themselves now minus taxi and take off.

T. Avionicsfag

>lerning to fly
>not lerning to use a bunch of different weapons and stockpiling them in your mountain bunker retreat.
I know I won't survive the collapse but you young 'uns oughta

United is known as YOnited for a reason.

Pilots will be long gone before any form of airspace controller.

>30k a year
>to ferry hundreds of lives to multiple destinations a day in a multi-million dollar aircraft
You are now aware a Walmart manager makes more.
A fireman makes more.
A cop makes more.

No, I think TCAS will advance enough that aircraft can automatically space themselves.

At least the classics are getting phased out by SW finally. Hated working on those things.

>Ryanair
If you're referring to the Irish airline, sure £30K at the very bottom. But their pilots often make far more than their counterparts in the legacy European carriers.

>lots of days off
>unlimited shitposting
Sounds fucking dreamy
I got a rotorcraft license for fun when I was 22. Never did anything else because the last anyone needs is a retard luke me teaching flying to another retard like me in a tiny fucking dragonfly

Nice glider fag,next time try something with an engine

At that point you may as well take the pilot out the cockpit.

Automation over the years has already seen a marked decrease in airmanship and ability to control an aircraft outside of calm conditions.

He literally has two engines you blind cunt.

I just graduated with an civil engineering degree, and I initally picked this degree be cause wanted to be an airline pilot. Fuck engineering, just wanted to have a marketable degree to rise above the masses

Literally has one of the worst job outlooks due to stagnant, near negative, growth. I worked at an Air Force Base in high school, and an veteran who flew for Delta said his job he currently has had over 5000 applicants when he applied

Unless you do military for 10-20 years as a pilot or spend dosh for years out of pocket for flight hours, there is no way to make you stand out.

>newfag
>so new that you admit you're a newfag
just lurk more

It's strange, you actually don't get the feeling of being high up in a small aircraft

I can't speak for the US, but even in the UK the vast majority of ex-military pilots don't get hired outside of those flying say the A330 MRTT.

They don't want the training costs to convert most of them to large transport category airliners.

No, he needs to gtfo fuck off were full

Hehe this newfag got you to post though lololololol

glorified bus drivers

>So why aren't you learning to fly the redpill skies like top tier Shitlords?

Pilots are fucking idiots. ATC is where it is at.

Geez man
Have you ever seen an airplane

Yes, the flight attendants would likely be the ones who get some extra training on dealing with an emergency. Being a pilot won't be a skilled profession anymore, maybe not even a licensed one at that.

because i'm not a billionaire and fucking hate the bunch of retards who walks with Ray-Bans like fucking Tom Cruise in Top Gun

T. pissed off aeronautical mechanic

I really don't get the negativity about the future of the pilot profession. Who the fuck is going to let an automated plane fly them anywhere in this or the next generation? And all of the pilots that I know that are bitchin about their jobs, never had to work a real manual labor job in their life. You sit while you work, how can you bitch about that?

We don't want to fly with those tools either. Every airline has its special 10%.

Airline management is extremely shitty.

>pilots will lose their job

Objectively false. Pilot wages are a small part of costs of flight and people will rather fly with someone behind the stick.

Well, OP, because you haven't done your research. So let me spoonfeed you.

youtube.com/watch?v=SwKuSMVCliQ

>>becomes pilot
>>realizes he is nothing but a glorified bus drive
>>still earns $150K/year and works 3 days per week

fixed

Lol...if people could save five bucks on their ticket 99 percent wouldn't give a fuck if a machine or a raccoon was flying their plane.

People want Uber drivers too who would rather get in a car controlled by a machine...haha...

Expect to pay a pretty penny for the training to make minwage too we're talking at least $40000 when all is said and done. You won't need all of that up front but if you're borrowing it, that plus interest is what you're going to be in the hole for.

I reset passwords for dipshit postal workers and I make more ffs. Still thinking of doing a private pilot's license course if I can scrounge together $15k

yep. At that point we're talking glorified bus driver.

Irresponsible practice

It's not that. If autopilot advances to such a point were it is required for proper spacing, the pilot wouldn't be allow to fly the airplane in such a scenario. For instance, due to separation above 29000 feet, manual flying is prohibited. I could see this happening at airports if Doppler shift LIDAR is used to reduce wake turbulence separation.

In that scenario, the pilot would only be up there to instill confidence with the passengers, but would have no physical way to actually fly the plane. At that point you might as well just hire pajeet to sit up there for $5 hr.

Bottom line is there are more people who want to do that job than there are positions available. And the people doing the hiring KNOW THIS. They will drive your wages down to starvation levels, because they CAN.

A-am I allowed?

le alpha redpilled!! epic!! le beta numales btfo!!

Low pay and shitty hours. I thought about it. Put 1000s of hours in flight sims as a kid.

Unless you happen to work for Air France.

Then you get top salaries and a personal stewardess to suck you off in the cockpit.
And if they try to take any of that away you just get on strike and make KLM pay for the losses.

This.

Imagine banging your coworkers but add the fact that you're now stuck in a metal tube 30,000 feet up with all that drama.

It's not just that, flight attendants have all the bad qualities of women amplified x10.

Why fly airplanes when you can jump out of them?

Work for Gulf carriers (Emirates, Qatar, Etihad). Top tier salaries, top tier hours, top tier benefits. The stewardesses are also qt as fuck compared to what you have and they're dtf since they're all lonely expats.

Lucky you, getting sucked off by someone who still identifies as female and isn't in her 90s. Vast majority of entry level jobs in aviation pay shit.

airlines pay shit

What about cargo jet pilots?

This is true, my friend has an ogre face, and was banging 8-9/10 women working at Emirates. The thing is, Emirates as a job sucks balls though.

You didn't start there though. Where did you start and how many years were you there?

Unless you work at Fedex, UPS, or Atlas, cargo is a shit.

I'm too poor.
I have an A-10C simulator and a flight stick for my computer though.
I spent a few hours learning HOTAS but haven't gone back in a while.
It was pretty cool to try in Vive, but the resolution is way too low.

yeah but if you work in a third world shithole you are like a god which gets paid in dollars and not monopoly-tier money

What taxi drivers do you know that work 6 days a month and earn $150k?

How much of flying is automated now?

i'm an american contractor and i guarantee i make more money than you

About 70%.

I flew heavies in the USAF. Flew small jets (citation tier) for a company that catered to businesses and rich people. Got tired of being a buss driver and went into business for myself in an unrelated industry making more money.

Still keep my ratings current and hours up, but now enjoy hobby flying as part of a group that shares planes. If I ever get into the multi-millionaire bracket I'm going to buy a very light jet like a citation mustang or honda jet just to cruise around in.

Flying is great, but doing it for a living can be a drag.

85% if it's Airbus

why leave the military? should have stayed and got your pension

fuck, sure you are, but living comfy in an unknown shithole is actually better than living below average in 'Murica.

I'm not working for money, i'm working because i like it

Its sitting in a big metal box for hours on end, pushing buttons and moving the steering yoke in the right direction over and over and over.

How exactly is this redpilled? You could train a monkey to fly a commercial airliner. The only difficult flying is fighter jets or military helicopter pilots.

Just thinking training a military transport pilot for ATP.

Got tired of it. Hauled enough shit around the world and had my fill. Didn't feel like sticking around another decade for muh pension bullshit when I could make more working in the private sector anyway and investing properly.