Where have all the good jobs gone in America?

29 trillion held offshore from tax avoidance. The Happy mercunts pocketed a shit ton of it.

Millenials being lazy and studying shitty things in college

First 20 years of your life no longer prepare you for a job, hiring people is expensive and the minimum wage is too high. Capital accumulation is dead and the government spends 40% of GDP.

Except boomers studied shitty things in college too. That's why if you were in school in the 90's and early 00's you were constantly fed the "DUDE IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU MAJOR IN AS LONG AS YOU GO TO COLLEGE, JUST STUDY WHAT YOU LIKE LMAO!" meme.

THE FUCKING FEELS MAN

>tfw 29
>have a house
>good job
>see "millennials" complain daily about student loans, no jobs, etc etc etc.
Feels pretty fucking good man

the average class for them also cost 1/10th or less than it is today. You could go get a bullshit degree and only be out a few thousand dollars. These days education is like taking out a mortgage.

>minimum wage is too high
>literally not even sufficient to live in an appartment with a moderate to low standard of living at 40h/week

They're open and looking for people to just take them really. They're good, high paying jobs, with reliable job prospects and room to move up in your field. Here's the catch though:
>You work outside all the time
>The work will be hard and dangerous
>It may involve having to not be filthy rich ever but you will own your house and be without too much debt (as long as you're not an idiot)
>You might have to travel somewhere else for the job
There is a massive deficit in skilled labour work, Carpenters, electricians, mechanics, heavy equipment operators, these trades are having a hard time filling positions, whine as much you want about offshore sent jobs and mexicans taking labor jobs the jobs are open, you just have to be willing to accept that most people aren't meant to have an easy life or be wealthy. If you're a man, be a man and do a man's job. pick up a hammer and pound some nails and stop pretending you're so above doing that.

Wages and jobs follow supply and demand. Before, Jose was limited to only picking fruits in shady jobs. But now that his 6 kids are all grown up they can flip burgers or clean windows in legitimate jobs, the sudden working force boom drove down wages and opportunities. If you think this is bad, imagine in 10 years.

If I had a time machine I would go back and punch every person in the face who told me that. YES, YOU TOO MOM!

Yupppppp

But I finished highschool....

I had some shitty humanities degree and work a sales job for 75k a year. You just have to know rich people and ask them for a job.

this deficit is intentional, unions caused it to raise their wages. you have to be blood related to someone in a trade union to get the certificates needed to do these jobs.

>sales
Enjoy suicide or crippling depression by 35

The good jobs all went to people who didn't spend their college years dicking around. I'm only 25 and I make $88k/year and own a house. I have many friends who are in similar situations so I know its not just me. Of the millenials I know that are having a hard time, every single one of them are lazy dumbasses who blow the little money they do make on drugs and tattoos.

It's a combination of things. To put it bluntly.
Boomers work longer and don't retire
Illegal immigration brought in low wage workers so entry level jobs are gone and their children went to the same schools you did, so now you compete with them for highter paying jobs
Many people have zero confidence in the future of this country so they don't bother seeking employment or investing into their own businesses

Money isn't everything, unless you don't have any.

Can confirm. My old roommate is a self-employed handiman and he makes as much as I do as a corporate schill. The first two years for him were a little rocky but today he literally has to turn down work - he has a few extra guys he can hire for specific jobs but he literally can not find someone that's willing to chip-in a huge amount of time - what he really needs are people who he can be confident will show up on-time, do a good job, represent the "company" (he does have an LLC) properly. It's impossible to find quality people for this even though it's a $40/hr gig.

It's 1099 and outside sales so no cold calling or office work. I don't really mind it right now.

i know the "muh bootstraps" meme is played out but I pulled in 15k in self-employment income last year just from making songs on my computer and uploading them to spotify and itunes (in addition to my regular job)

>Boomers brainwash following generations to study dumb shit for 12 years
>WTF why is Gen XYZ studying all this worthless shit lmao.

well sorted, Bucko!

The 1966 pic folks in charge.

To people who actually work???????

they left (China, NAFTA, etc), and what remains is taken by cheap immigrants (H1B or illegal)

fuck globalism

>Falling for the skilled labor shortage meme.

Skilled Labor has plenty of people. The shortages are largely local, and in specific areas. In areas that weren't the Tar Sands of Alberta skilled labor jobs had 5 years experience minimums for fucking entry level garbage.

It's the same with the supposed trucker shortage. Their are plenty of truckers. They just won't give truckers schedules that allow them to have families or live a normal life, so they have high turn over.

Hows the skilled labor market in Alberta right now? lmao.

Enjoy getting layed off again when oil drops because the Saudis and US government want to choke the Iranians and Russian governments.

>Literally generation scumbag.
Feels good knowing that we got sold down the river so the generation in charge could end up owning everything and then be told that it is somehow our fault. It just seems so hard to get a foothold in, like they got to climb an indoor Rock gym, and we get to climb a sheer wall of concrete with just the tiniest cracks in it's face.

make a political compass out of this Sup Forums

I want the biggest house

This is just anecdotal, but my mom majored in English and my dad majored in history. They got well paying jobs in computer programming and accounting, respectively. My mom has a pension plan that gives her 75% of the average of her three highest salary years every year until she dies. My dad didn't get that, but when his company moved their headquarters out of town he got a severance package off about $200k.

Now I'm not saying they didn't work hard, because they did- but those kinds of deals simply just don't exist anymore.

inflation
free trade
immigration

I'd settle for the tiniest cuck shed if it meant I could save my money instead of pissing it all away on rent. I can't even afford the down payment on a tiny piece of land though, much less a wood heated 10'x12' off-grid palace. I've been thinking of getting a camper shell and living in the bed of my truck for a year or two to save up, but I'm worried the hidden costs (storage unit, gym membership for showering, etc) will end up fucking me anyway.

My college loans ($100k) for undergrad came out to more than my mortgage ($90l)

Nice political compass

The system is too big and complicated. It's no longer
>hey need a job? Well our new startup has lots of position and with all this new but not complicated equipment/tech we're looking for smart young minds
It's now
>Shit the guy we gave a that job to just fucking kicked the bucket, well we need to replace him... hmm none of these kids can really fill in the position he left let's just raise the the standards for better applicants

I think that's the issue, it takes 2 shifts to train for a job at Mcdees, vrs a year for for a job the large corporations that are losing their experienced workers. Why the fuck else do you think they're always looking for people with experience nobody has time to train a fucking newbie.

To be honest as long as it has a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, and root cellar I'd be happy. Anything less is hobo-tier.