Why are the Tories fucking destroying the Army?

I'm 18 and voting for the first time next months and will be voting Tory, after I finish college next year I'm going through join the navy, but at this rate I'm wondering if there will actually fucking be anything left, yeah yeah we're getting two aircraft carriers but we won't fucking have anything to protect them, cut the fucking foreign aid budget or something, it's humiliating how our army is becoming Germany tier

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7fBEZ3M2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Going to* I didn't proof read the post and my phone must of autocorrected some words on my post

The problem isn't the budget it's recruitment. Not enough young anons are joining the Navy to allocate more ships. Was not a problem 20 years ago.

>Doesn't even have a aircraft carrier count

Lmao what a joke of a "world power".

Do Brits even do anything other than sucking uncle Sam's dick anymore?

At least you still have those Falklands, right mate?

Were literally going to have 6 destroyers in the future

they have to suck trump's cock now

We have three helicopter carriers and a super carrier will be starting sea trials next month and we're getting another carrier in a couple of years, but that's not the problem it's just how we don't have any vessels to protect them

Oh no you'll have to get a real job instead of being a glorified welfare leech!

we've historically had a small military compared to most developed nations anyway, with a focus on professionalism. our military is probably the best in the world skillwise. burgers will respond with "muh manpower", but the american solution to everything has traditionally been to throw resources and men at it until it dies, pretty like the russians ironically. simple answer to the desizing is we simply don't have any need of it currently, especially since america is willing to do all of the dirty work. russia is also not actually a threat to the west, they are completely broke, again that reduces the need for a large military. this board constantly falls for the (((media))) threats that putin is some master strategist and not just a little man who could be removed from power by the oligarchs at any time.

Lmao get on americas level you fucking cucks

What the fuck are you talking about, I have all the qualifications I need to get a good job, I just want to travel the world and have amazing experiences and serve my country

Yeah if they can get anons to man them. Knew a user in the Navy who had a great time traveling the world while everyone else was sitting wanking in the mirror, they could easily sell the life style.

nuclear sumbarimes

we don't need any more welfare queen squaddies

Tories have been American puppets since the second world war. They want daddy America to protect them, when they get a whiff of "maybe they won't", they fall on their hands and knees to China. They disgust me, anyone who votes Tory is a traitor.

>I just want to travel the world and have amazing experiences
Oh wow how noble of you

>anyone who votes Tory is a traitor

nigga who the f do you vote for then? you have to pick someone

:(

This, the media always hugely overplays Russian military capabilities, at least in my eyes, this image just sums it up really. They're still using aircraft from the cold war and people get scared when these things near the coast, it's fucking ridiculous.

How they hell are you going to stop the Muslims if they decide to take control? They out numbers your army. You have no militia force either. Wow. Like a freaking keg waiting to explode. RIP Britain.

>crying

Considering The EU is gonna build an army it wouldn't want its member nations to have one too now would it? How else could (((they))) make sure you submit?

wish we could turn back time
to the good old days

Them props are so sexy

Ayy I've just joined, got my medical next week. I'm going to be a submariner

I was thinking the same thing, the only thing we will have to protect ourselves is a butter knife

I don6know if you use the same military terminology, but be sure to choose your rate before hand. I am fine with the rate i have, but i wish i knew of some of the rates the american navy had before joining.

agreed leaf, contra-rotating props are sexy, but the TU-95 is ancient

>2%
If you're not spending at least 4, you're a fucking cuck nation.

Our submarine fleet is actually alright we have quite a few, it's just everything else

We have to give over ten billion to help stupid sub humans for our foreign aid budget

You'd likely get better responses on /k/.

Join the forces user, I hope to as well. Our forces are undergoing a reshuffling for 2020 so money can go into the right place. Also you will learn important skills that can benefit the country. Politics will always change but Britain will always need defending.

Also we have a carrier being built, British trained F35 jets and more Astute class subs will make us a force to be reckoned with.

I mentioned in my first post that I'm joining the navy when I finish college last year and yeah we have a decent submarine fleet of 11-15, but 6 Type 45 destroyers and 9 Type 26 frigates is a national embarrassment and cannot be tolerated

Next year*

By the way the prime minister got called out on this subject when she was on LBC a few days ago. (Go to 26:30)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7fBEZ3M2g

>Voting Tory
There's your problem already.

I'd vote for UKIP if they weren't at 5% in the polls

Well, to answer your question, we don't really have any immediate enemies who are going to attack us, so you can see the logic for downsizing it, right? Britain has always drawn a lot more of its strength from powerful diplomatic positioning more so that raw military might. Similar situation with modern Japan. Really, the threats we face in the current day and age are things like terrorist attacks and, as we're seeing right now, cyber security. Who do you think going to outright invade us?

Also, stop voting for shit parties and meme parties and grow up already.

And what does slovakia have?

This is true. If we simply cannot convince people to join the armed forces then I would rather we downsize overall but retain the sense of professionalism throughout.

There was a thread on reddit a few months ago about people's opinions of various armed forces worldwide, and literally everybody had positive things to say about the British military. This was coming from servicemen from all over the world as well

We should keep the high standards in the military above the overall size, if we have to make that choice

AUSTERITEH

I never get why there's all this bitching about the military, it's obvious where modern warfare is headed.

Soldiers are glorified automatons used to take and hold ground. The actual combat is usually miles ahead of them in the air or special forces who pave the way.

Not only that, but deploying and maintaining a military presence in a country is costly and resource intensive. It's also unpopular with the public. Compare that to special forces who can rapidly deploy and be rapidly extracted and perform specific tasks.

The future of modern warfare is:

>Intelligence/cyber
>drones
>air force
>special forces
>navy (for intel base, AF, drones and special forces)

Britain's problem is it hasn't adequately prepared for this, as it still seems adamant on trying to be an outdated traditional power rather than a future power. If it had foresight it would have strengthened it's AF, Navy and SF. On intelligence though, we're more than covered.