Star Wars villain Kylo Ren becomes fastest-rising baby name in the US

>Star Wars villain Kylo Ren becomes fastest-rising baby name in the US

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-episode-7-villain-sees-rise-in-baby-name-kylo-ren-adam-driver-the-force-awakens-a7733856.html

lol why do burgers name their kids after shitty characters from a shitty sci-fi movie franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/05/04/health/darth-vader-hospital-tech-trnd/
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-episode-7-villain-sees-rise-in-baby-name-kylo-ren-adam-driver-the-force-awakens-a7733856.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh my god. That's fucking awful.

Should have gone with Wilhuff, that one will never go out of style.

At least they name their babies after a nazi white evil man.

I don't fucking know, user. I'd be pretty pissed if my parents named me after a character from a movie and would immediately change my name when I could.

cnn.com/2017/05/04/health/darth-vader-hospital-tech-trnd/

Because Americans are, generally speaking, frivolous and stupid in the extreme. Next question?

>no history
>no culture
>haven't read a book since grade school

>TFW my name is Ganon

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

I was named after a tennis player because my dad like tennis. People are geeks, just the way it is.

Holy shit.
Manchildren should not breed

I was named after my grandfather and my older brother was named after my dad. Regular English names, too. Feels good to be normal, seen some pretty faggy names growing up and they're only getting gayer.

That's not the same. That tennis player is a real person. Naming a child after an existing icon is one thing, naming them after a star wars character another. And it's not even Luke or Han but fucking Kylo Ren.

Do we know the ethnicity of this kids? are they niggers? I'm sure they're niggers.

Nice quints.

>And it's not even Luke or Han but fucking Kylo Ren.

What, actually Kylo Ren? Not just Kylo? Jesus.

I have to admin Rogue one was better than this piece a shit of episode 4 remake

>Kylo Ren becomes fastest-rising baby name in the US
>independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-episode-7-villain-sees-rise-in-baby-name-kylo-ren-adam-driver-the-force-awakens-a7733856.html
why would you name your kid after a loser?

eugh, that's so cringy

Imagine being the kid with that name looking for work.

>Employer: tell me about yourself

>kid: My name is k-kylo ren...and I am expe-

>Employer: Wait, Kylo Ren like from star wars?

>kid: y-yeah....

>Employer: okay, thanks, have a good day

Jesus Christ the next generation is going to be full of cringy names and cringy people

>Traditional names
>Lucifer
>Bezelbub
>Satan
Etc.

Christian names are still the top listening for males though.

freakanomics did a whole segment about how people with nigger names are likely to less successful because no one can pronounce shit like *click click* oogaboogalaqueefa
Also checked.

Pretty bold choice considering his storyline isn't complete. There are worse things than patricide that he could still do

Garrus is also a name in us

ᵏʸˡᵒ ʳᵉn

kek and so close to another 666

Jewish names are still the top listening for males though.

ftfy.

confused muslims?

Once again indicating these ever smiling lambs, weak do-gooders, feelings coddling jellyboned ludites would prefer their child to be powerful rather than good. In their core they still know what's what, they can not speak it but they can feel it.
Good job jews but that's not enough to erase a million year in the evolutionary grinder.

Because they want their kids to be worse off then they were? Or to attribute the child's inevitable failure to bias against a name instead of accepting the truth that they are shitty parents.

Americans really love the idea of assertive characters rather than passive characters that get the job done. A lot of people don't realize that this is what makes America great. Some may argue that the United States is losing this virtue. Of course, the media has not helped by portraying individuals with this straight forward personality as the bad guys. There are lot of people who are straight forward in business that are good people, but they are hardly represented at all. Futhermore, the best villain characters are former good guys with reasons for doing what they do. So, in essence, they are good guys who are sick of dealing with a broken society and the average American relates more to this than simply a do nothing goody two shoes White boy like Skywanker. You can see a lot of this in the 2016 election.

Kylo is a nice name though, but if I was going to name a boy after a Star Wars character, it would be Revan.