Trump really wants us to go to Mars soon? Because NASA is pretty damn prepared to do it

Trump really wants us to go to Mars soon? Because NASA is pretty damn prepared to do it.

Think about colonization for a bit.

If it is evacuated, you will have human ruins on Mars. If not, then it'll grow. That growth will be unforseeable because it's literally a colony on a new planet, with plenty of space to set up more colonies.

I'm just wondering if we really are prepared to think this far in the future. Especially America, who let's face it hasn't really done much colonizing lately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IAcp3BFBYw4
youtube.com/watch?v=Jmk5frp6-3Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell me about the pic there user

If niggers are coming with us there is no point on going anywhere

Mars is code for War

"We are going to [war]"

>bogdangrad will be built in your lifetime

dumb frogposter

This. That planet is just a hunk of dead rock. Literally, core is cold.

screw america we can start a 4th reich on mars

Mars is uncolonizable until we figure out how to give it more gravity.

>implying colonialism has ever been somewhat beneficial to the original nation

mighty fine kek to you sir

Didn't we draw a giant cock on mars and then ran away?

>core is cold.

So was your mom's pussy, but I still colonized it last night.

well good luck getting to mars because nobody has ever left this place

Rocket hits the firmament of god
youtube.com/watch?v=IAcp3BFBYw4

Check'd.

Mars Uber alles

This.

Also if niggers are going to school there's no reason to learn.
If niggers have free speech and gun rights then no one should.

I'm so glad modern Sup Forums cares about niggers this much while pretending they don't. Tell me more things niggers should somehow ruin for me.

You kidding faggot the only people going to Mars right now is going to be rich people and scientists, and for all we know that's the only population that will really breed there. If it starts off smart it'll be alright. What are you talking about sending niggers up there? Why are you so fucking paranoid? NASA doesn't do that kind of shit.

Sure, just after he completes the wall.

I mean there's been black astronauts but who the fuck is actually worried about the colony turning into some sex haven
Look at Antarctica for clues on how Mars will be treated. Except imagine not being able to leave your colony, or imagine having to put on protective suits if you did. And rovers, and not having to build high up because of ice and other shit like that.

mfw i take a space ride to mars

>We can't survive if we weigh less than 1500 Newtons

- Americans.

What, he won't fulfill his promises until the wall is built? Mexico is still downright refusing to assist. The more tension, the more delay. I don't see a wall being built anytime soon and I seriously am not surprised if it doesn't get built at all, it's such a complicated issue. It might be built after his presidency though. I stopped thinking about the wall and I seriously forget that was his huge kike selling point

If you have a spark of intelligence,you should know how long-term habitation on Mars is a nightmare noone is willing to play.Starting from the low gravity,then running a round around how Mars has no fucking magnetosphere,meaning you get fried from cosmic radiation without protection.
Why dont go to Venus and terraform that planet?It has a magnetosphere,it has nearly Earth-like gravity.By all means,it could even harbor life in the spectrum we didnt even think it would be possible.
But nooooo, lets go to a fucking sandplanet where life will always be a struggle under glass domes.

Going to mars is a huge waste of money and resources for ultimately little gain other than possibly a few minor scientific advances... we should focus on ways to terraform and preserve our own planet before trying to make another habitable

TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE MARS GREAT AGAIN!

venus is 900 degrees and it's atmosphere is sulfuric acid

There isn't really much point to colonizing Mars beyond the prestige of being the first to do so. Now large scale colonization of the space around the inner solar system is more more practical. In general you want to have to deal with as little natural gravity as possible and just use artificial gravity from rotation where you can, it's a lot cheaper and easier.

Also it'd be like the fucking wild west because you'd have minutes to hours of light lag on all communications and can see people coming from pretty far away. Good luck ever trying to police that shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jmk5frp6-3Q

No,mate.

Shit, even the fucking suits are damn expensive

>suit has a mass of 47 pounds (21 kg) without a life support backpack, and costs only a fraction of the standard USD$12,000,000 cost for a flight-rated NASA space suit.

A martian colony is totally out of the question. Maybe in a 100 years.

nigga it ain't even been 100 years since we've colonized something.

Do you not understand what temperature is?

>AGAIN!
>implying it was anything other than a dusty rock that at some point had flowing water

how about we are both right?

he was showing that the atmosphere is 96.5% carbon dioxide on venus

wouldn't radiation be a problem unless you lived six feet underground inside an armored bunker? sounds comfy

also
>NASA has the capability to even get a man of this planet.

Meant to reply to

>tfw you'll never hire a rag tag band of misfits to run missions with you on your own firefly ship while giving the alliance the finger.

>also tfw no Anara to fuck

Space colonization should be reserved for high IQ whites only.

MARS WILL BE A GREAT PLANET! THE BEST PLANET! BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY, WE'RE GOING TO MAKE MARS GREAT AGAIN! WE'RE GONNA WIN BIGLY!

No.Im just not five like you.Can you think of any reason why is there ~500C on Venus?
Cause effect of the greenhouse gas everyone crys about on Earth?You know,the CO2?
The temperature is no problem if you scrub the CO2 from the atmosphere.
You do realize,that you could go outside on Venus at the cloudlevel and only require air to breathe,no additional protection?
Obviously Venus wont have Tokyo sized citys within our lifetime,but its a much,much saner target for human colonization than Mars.

>150ppm sulfur dioxide
>20ppm water vapor
Hmm...

It's a fairytale for the indoctrinated crowd.

I think its irrelevant whats there.What is relevant is gravity well and magnetosphere.Everything else can be engineered with todays technology.
You cant say that about Mars.

the Martian mascot should be a marsvin, Norbro

The day we use the deserts efficiently and salt water MAYBE, maybe we could see mars with other eyes.

We cant do shit in barren other than a scientific post, but to send some people, basic resources and hope they thrive is madness.

And? 150ppm sulfur is still

She's dead.
check'd

The only way mars would be feasible is if there are trillions of gallons of easily extractable energy resources. Our current best bet is Titan and that is so gad damn far away. First we need to set up a sustainable base on the moon. That ain't gonna happen when we can't get shit done right politically, socially and economically here on earth because rich racist fat fucks rule the world cause they don't want to give up their whores, drugs, and other disgusting behavior.

>nasa

We already have been outside of the solar system and are in contact with hundreds of ayy species.

This information will start to breakout more and more as "intensity" rises. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

If Trump would push for Mars I'd love him forever and suck his dick.

You think all fuckery is going on because the rich racist fat fucks know something that you dont,and dont want anything to do with space?

Elon Musk will be behind this trust me. He can't get enough of that sweet taxpayer money.

I love Elon Musk. Take us to Mars.

YES, YES

MAKE US SPACEFARING ALREADY TRUMP

NASA doesnt have the capability to ger someone off the planer currently. It takes 4 years to get to mars. Think about food, suplies, exercise, and fuel required to get their and get back. Oh and you have two launch windows in the next 4 years. But dont worry trump GRATIOUSLY gave NASA a 2% budget increase that isnt even enough cash to build something to get people to the moon.

SPOILER ALERT

THERE'S NOTHING THERE

Nothing to do with gravity, just have to figure out how to keep anyone who goes there supplied, which means bringing enough materials to construct large buildings, which also means doing really good geological surveys.
Problem isn't any of that though, the only problem we face with true space travel is proper propulsion engines, so instead of it taking months to go anywhere we can get there in weeks

Uhh we have the free market dumbass. SpaceX, Blue Origin, all these private companies ripe for getting us there.

Fuck NASA

nasa is a pr organization.I just shake my head as they larp around how they found earthlike solar system with a red dwarf and think its relevant because red dwarf dont really fry their tidally locked planets regularly with flares.

Seems like life would be unnecessarily hard there. We weren't evolved to live there so we'll be reliant on technology to survive. That had better be some reliable tech.

Also why don't we just troll the shitskins into going there and being our guinea pigs so they die in the process of establishing a sustainable colony. I know they don't like to discover new things or work hard but we can tell them they can have their own planet free of white racism.

the biosphere projects all fail at creating a self sustaining balanced climate and the costs to ship supplies there are insane even with space x magic rockets

Summertime daytime highs at 70F (20C) at the martian equator - average 40-60. The equator will be the only habitable region.
Mars habitation is limited unless they find an underground source of water (and hopefully energy). Also atmosphere is mostly CO2.

Jupiter's moons of Ganymede and Europa however are a different story altogether - O2 Rich atmosphere (90%+), very strong evidence of underground water, but they are colder than Mars. On the bright side Ganymede and Europa (and Lo) are right next to an enormous gas giant and huge potential source of power (Hydrogen Nitrogen and helium for atmospheric engineering).

There is a decent chance that mars could be a bust, at least until effective terraforming measures

We just need to nuke Mars' poles t. elon musk

Isn't there the problem of Mars not having an iron core, meaning that we wouldn't be protected from harmful radiation like we are on Earth?

this

Extremely rich are only interested in themselves. They are bringing society down with their stupid ideology and their stupid behavior. It's not hard to see this. We need to get some semblance of sanity in our world for this to happen.... which will not happen when dealing with ideologically stunted morons who have lots of power through luck, corruption and sheer psychotic behavior. Trump's promise is empty, stupid, and lacks clear understanding of the physics and technical challenges of going to mars. It's a fantasy that will never happen unless we can effectively govern ourselves.

Not to rain on your parade but why don't we try figuring out how to build self-sustainable domes on the moon first? It's a barren rock much like mars and colonisation would more or less work the same. For example we could work on establishing a dome, developing an artificial magnetosphere to protect from radiation, devising new ways to exercise in lower gravity so people can maintain their vigor, breeding in lower gravity etc.

Venus is conveniently a comfy 70 degrees at a height in the atmosphere where the pressure is 1atm. We literally just build a floating city out of blimps and shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus

There's literally no advantage in doing this. The difference in energy required to get to Mars versus the Moon is like 5%

What if you're afraid of heights?

That's right but there are also volcano tubes so if we did make a
Base it would be inside one of these because rock is very good at protecting us from the radiation that would kill us. Also there is liquid water on Mars that we have all ready discovered

Then you wait for the floating scrubbers to clean the atmosphere for you to live on the surface.

Enjoy your life living underground.You could do that on Earth,no need to colonize Mars.

You suck dicks to sustain your mass.

Because Fermi was right and they know it.Everything space is a show.

NASA is ready to test their new heavy rocket, but they are not prepared to trust it with carrying humans to Mars. They need to test the living fuck out of it for a few years.

Really? Not even the distance between the two compared to earth-mars? It would be way easier to establish a dome on the moon and from there proceed to build a colony and tackle the challenges head on. If they're missing a resource or anything at all, while not much cheaper the colony would be able to get the needed resource much faster. Basically observe and create and from there we'll more or less have a firm grasp on what we really need and what not to establish colonies on barren rocks, not just speculate on the subject.

Mars is an illusion. Not possible. People need to stop buying into the mars gaga

We need to nuke the ice cap, for science.

>be american
>go to mars
>say hi by nuking the icecap
>martians destroy earth in the return favor

You're lucky we didn't nuke the moon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119

he's bulgarian.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119
If you only have a hammer,everything you see looks like a nail.

Mars is for faggots. Titan is where real man journey to

Venus is hotter than Mercury and it retains that heat thanks to it's atmosphere. Mercury at night actually drops below -170C at night. The only shit we can colonize in our solar system readily without a doubt is the moon (luna), and Jupiter's Galilean moons of Ganymede and Europa (Both have abundant Oxygen. Both have Strong evidence of subsurface water. Ganymede has it's own Magnetosphere, Europa does not but there is evidence that Jupiter's Magnetosphere does have an impact on it).
Io does not have substantial gravity and has 400 active volcanoes at any given time, Callisto is tidally locked, meaning one side is always facing Jupiter, has a CO2 atmosphere, but there is good evidence of subsurface water. Jupiter has 63 other moons - smaller than the galilean moons, the inners feed Jupiter's belt with ejecta, the outers are much smaller but could have good resources.
As for Mars we need boots on the ground, ground samples, and subsurface surveys. Odds are Mars isn't going to be able to support much unless water and resources are found (not enough evidence for that yet) - but odds are high Mars will be humanity's first terraforming project.
Mars's moons are basically captured asteroids.

As for Saturn (also a gas giant) and its moons - Titan will probably be more promising than Mars, Hyperion is one of the greater mysteries of our solar system

I think its still cheaper to scrub the atmosphere of CO2 and see where that gets us in terms of temperature,than find solution to artifiicial planet-sized magnetosphere and low-gravity human life without destroying the body.
Jupiter and Saturn sound promising,but are dark - no solar power.But the sky would look stunning thats for sure.

NASA IS AFUCJUNG MYTH MADE TO FUNNEL OUT TAX DOLLARS TO THE ONE PERCENT EVER SINCE THAT JEW GALLO CREATED THE MYTH OF THE EARTH BEING ROUND AND THE GLOBE CON NESTING THE JEW'S HAVE BEEN TRYING TO STOP US FROM LEARNING THE TRUTH ABOUT THE EARTH AND INFINITE FREE ENERGY SAGE THREAD

Average temp of 800F, enough to melt lead.
There is acidic compounds in the atmosphere (sulfur Dioxide 150ppm - the 3rd most in the atmo), and the atmosphere is Nitrogen (3.5%) and Carbon Dioxide (96.5%). Venus has a greenhouse effect

Mercury's poles make more sense for colonization than venus - Night temps below -150C, daytime temps of an easy bake oven

it's about more than just energy nerd, it'll still take a hell of a lot longer to get there. Sending necessary supplies would either have to be done all at once or we would have to wait ungodly amounts of time for each ship to reach mars. Meanwhile the moon by comparison is practically in our backyard and we've already been able to send humans there and back.

meant for

you seem upset

The earth is flat Mars is just amother light in the sky not a planet, we are the only planet, if Mars was real and the earth was a glorious ball you love so much, then why aren't their human like beings their too?

It actually still has flowing water on the surface. Spacecraft orbiting Mars have taken plenty of photos of temporary streams and rivers that form during the summer. The only problem is that the water would need to be heavily purified.

Powered exoskeletons and Powered Combat Armor will lead to a great leap in space life support suits/EVA tech/planet exploration gear

I still think its cheaper,more logical to send a couple scrubbers and see what happens,than sending people on Mars for no real reason.
But everything nasa does is just larping,i will eat my boot if in my lifetime a human leaves the gravity well of Earth.

I just posted but thats not the photo i uploaded
POL wtf

>you will have human ruins on Mars.

That sounds fucking rad.

But only short time missions.Withou gravity the human body goes down the drain.