Confused

I'm confused. I find myself agreeing with, siding with, and understanding Christians more and more every day. I don't believe, and there's no real way I'll ever psych myself into having faith in the supernatural, but I genuinely am starting to hate the militant atheists and science worshippers.

I've even gone to church recently to be surrounded by a community I feel more represents my values, but I feel like a fraud while I'm there. I want a nice Christian family but I'm not a liar and if someone asks, I won't lie to them that I actually believe.

I feel kind of confused.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TViAqtowpvZy5PZpn-MoSK_
youtube.com/watch?v=gzKOrlPuWzo
youtube.com/watch?v=DkWn69VBslw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pray to the Father on the name of Jesus, and ask for Him to lift the veil.

It took 38 years for me, and my brother and grandma praying for me everyday.

I know exactly how you feel, OP

That's God talking to you. He is trying to tell you that you need to stop acting like pic related.

the only way u make christians a thing again is by confirming their beliefs w science, go do that

I definitely accept people praying for me, in fact I'm appreciative of it. I can't actually bring myself to do it though because I absolutely view it as meditation and self affirmation rather than factual. I won't get faith, but I'm trying to figure out how to be in this.. inbetween state.

Stand for nothing fall for anything etc

is that right, how are you dealing with it?

What state are you living in OP?

I would say that Christianity values are equally important as the belief in God. There's nothing wrong with going to church even if you don't believe, and I'm sure some would appreciate you taking time out of your day to learn more about the religion and become part of the community even if you don't necessarily believe.
Perhaps ask for advice from your local priest or whatever, even if he just repeats what i just said, it may help you feel better about your own beliefs and make you feel welcome into the community

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha you're a faggot

>>m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TViAqtowpvZy5PZpn-MoSK_

Watch this and you will become a theist. Join the orthodox or catholic church

Check out "reconciling science and religion" on youtube (too lazy to link). It's a Joe Rogan podcast with Jordan Peterson where they discuss the relevance of religion in a society and confirmed a lot of things I was feeling in the last 2 years.

In short, he explains why we have better quality of life when we follow christian dogma vs believing in nothing at all as well as the religious archetypes that are copied in mordern culture to sort of fill the void left by the absence of a faith. Of course you can apply the same reasoning with other belief systems but Christianity has been tried and getting better with time until we were brainwashed into thinking that we would have been better off without any form of religion.

Florida, panhandle area. The reddest of red Florida.

That's actually helpful, thanks user.

I listen to JRE religously, and I remember that podcast. It absolutely captured how I feel. It was comforting to hear that I might be on a better path since accepting Christian values, even without the faith itself.

I went to church for the first 20 years of my life, many different churches actually. You really aren't missing much OP. You would not believe the amount of gossiping and infighting that goes on. Look at how many denominations there are, that alone should communicate the fact that no one can agree on anything, scripturally or otherwise. Not to mention church services are FUCKING BORING and there's nothing worse than standing there, feeling like an absolute retard, trying to sing old hymns.

But then again where else will you find a community of like minded people, so I see your point. One thing I will say is- more people are faking it than you may realize. The social safety net is very important, and people are willing to go through whatever motions necessary to have it.

so you faggots are telling me that the only choice is jewish based faggotry religions and atheism (communism)

wya to fucking suck the jew dick user, wya to fucking suck the jew dick

Prayer is meditation. Is a meditative dialogue with god.

If the people whom you attend church with are real Christians they will accept that you don't entirely believe in everything they do. There are good people out there but there's also close minded people.

There are no denominations. You are either a christian and part of the catholic and apostolic church (all churches that follow church tradition presided over by an apostolic bishop so catholic orthodox or oriental orthodox) or you are a heathen. Protestants are not christians as they reject the body of christ.

I hope you don't become a bible fanatic. It's about Jesus and only him.

All of us are sinners. Do not be discouraged if you sin.

Orthodox and catholic services are the least useful, from what I've seen. Better to go to a more modern service where they at least try to teach you ways to deal with daily challenges, than to go to a church that just gives you the same history lesson 52 times a year.

See I think that's where I differ. I enjoyed the service. It was deeply philosophical. The hymns and songs felt like a connection to a past heritage, something that my ancestors sang for hundreds if not thousands of years. I didn't feel like a retard, I felt pretty good actually.

That's not what I said, at all. I'm pretty open minded. I like buddhism a lot actually, though I'm not buddhist.

I hope so, I think you're right.

See I interpret that as you missing out on a lot of really intriguing philosophy that's in the bible. Jesus was an crucial part of that story, but it wasn't all about Jesus.

The modern meme churches are pretty cringy to me. Too many chads and staceys pretending to do stuff to just go through motions. The real meat for me seems to be with the more traditional venues. If you're eschewing traditional services, you're really missing out on enlightenment.

I'm in the same boat. My views, values and culture align themselves pretty closely with Christianity but I definitely don't believe in a god.

Hell, I'm even an engineer and I can't fucking stand all these science-worshipping fedora-tipping atheists who masquerade around as if they're fucking god themselves.

Absolutely incorrect. Protestant churches have no apostolic or theological authority to give moral advice. They are all just hysterical rock concerts anyway and all about vain self indulgence and feeling special

I know how you feel OP. What age group are you in? I wonder if these feelings are aroused due to age and an increasing sense of mortality and so on.

Anyway when I started feeling like this I found an interesting thread on feggit .com where some scientist discusses his findings of benefits from church attendance (decreased depression and so on). You might find it interesting too.

/r/science/comments/4zo7bg/science_ama_series_i_am_tyler_vanderweele/?st=j2oq6wk2&sh=4438fc54

Welcome to why western civilization was once great, ultimately whether you believe or not is between you and jesus but following his teachings without fail creates prosperous communities and societies.

Learn esoteric gnostic christian astral projection, dummy.

Technically it is all about Jesus because prophecy and the nature of God is intertwined into all of it

In my opinion, the question of the existence of God is a waste of time whether he exists or not

I'm an agnostic. Atheists are just arrogant cunts as much as the believers if not more.

I understand that you find more conservatives values in the Christian society, it's up to you now : Christianity is probably a good structure for having a decent family ; you can transmit these values even if you don't believe in God.

user a big part of religion is choosing to believe. Faith is a choice. You'll bever have the evidence to prove anything so at one point a leap of faith myst be made. If you see the benefits of christian morality and living a christian life then just choose the believe. What will you lose by choosing to have faith? The possible gain though is infinite in the afterlife and certain gain in the material world

>One thing I will say is- more people are faking it than you may realize. The social safety net is very important, and people are willing to go through whatever motions necessary to have it.
I go for this reason, it keeps my grounded and is an hour of reflection and i feel better afterwards. If i keep to the commandments and support the church and try to do good I don't see the problem but can see why some do. The church is in for a big growth but they keep on following the youth meme and instead shoudl be focusing on adults.

All religion is retarded as far as I'm concerned, I'm saying in terms of practical value for someone who isn't a believer, a more modern service may be best suited.

Negative, modernisation has led to mass apostasy.

29, I appreciate you sharing that

Take the Catholic pill.

Fatima proved God is real. A modern miracle, 100 years ago as of yesterday. Our Lady of Fatima appeared to us and told us to pray the rosary daily. She foretold the rise and fall of communism as well, before the Russian revolution, to children who didn't even know what Russia was.

In Poland recently, a priest dropped a host on the ground during the eucharist. As he was supposed to do, he placed it in water to dissolve. When a nun returned to collect the dissoled host, it was intact and fused with was human flesh. It was sent to scientists who confirmed it was human heart tissue.

There are miracles in the Catholic faith even today! If you just open your eyes, you will see and believe.

Yeah so that's about the same age that I would have felt the same way. Perhaps devotion is increasing now for societal reasons (too many obnoxious atheists etc), or perhaps I'm just noticing it more because I'm in an age group where it tends to happen naturally. I don't know.

I genuinely don't see any harm in attending mass and just playing along though, if that's a concern of yours. The scientist in that thread I mentioned hypothesised that the benefits of church attendance may occur simply because it gives you an hour or two to dedicate to peaceful self-reflection each week, in a similar manner to meditation I guess.

you guys are just experiencing the symptoms of sexual repression and fustration. just go have sex with a trap or something. there is a reason nature create feminine hyper sexual males. to have sex with in lew of reproduction.

Keep going to church every Sunday. End your personal degeneracies and take up the Church's moral views on items. If you continue the ritual, eventually you'll (for lack of a better term) brainwash yourself into believing. That's why prayers, songs, and incantations are repeated at every Mass. Just go over those and you'll eventually believe.

>i can't possibly reconcile a stable group of people who are based on a thing that worked in helping unite humans for so many centuries

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

you dont have to believe in the supernatural to believe in what's good and right

youtube.com/watch?v=gzKOrlPuWzo

You're just growing out of it. Happened to me when I was 11-12. Still haven't become religious, but I see that Christianity is a necessity.

i've been feeling the same way too. i haven't gone to my local church though because i would just feel like i would be using the people their for nothing but personal gain and would feel guilty about it. very strange.

Thanks for that picture.

Please read this

Religious is invented to control people via religious law. The fact that you happen to agree with the laws is nothing that should challenge your disbelief in god. I happen to be in the same boat, I recognize Christianity as a good IDEOLOGY but god is a meme. No big deal.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

verse 13 13for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

verse 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

you wont find God by attending a church that preaches social doctrine, morality or man-made traditions. Find a church that preaches that Jesus Christ was crucified as a propitiation for sin, and rose bodily after 3 days and sits at the right hand of God

believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

My advice: Do not waste your time in the old covenant. You are taking the risk of siding with the zionist jews. This often happens to protestant priests.

The new one is better.

Being a Christian, at its core, means letting your love of mankind guide your actions to try to make the world a better place user. Nothing to be confused about.

>By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.”

>John 13:35

youtube.com/watch?v=DkWn69VBslw

God is real
The bible is probably talking about a bunch of aliens fighting in our skyes.
But it has good lessons to teach.

I'm in a similar situation. I believe we aren't ready for atheism yet. I think it's part of the problem rather than the solution at this current climate. We still need those values. The risk outweighs the reward at the moment.
I do however think it might work when AI exists. When humans become gods, is when we can live without religion. I think AI is that step.

Fucking die reddit faggot

>but I genuinely am starting to hate the militant atheists and science worshippers.
Christian shill thread

You want a wife who lies to herself and gets you kids to WORSHIP A JEW?

SHE WILL CHEAT ON YOU JUST LIKE ANY
OTHER LIAR

There are many options besides worshiping a Jew that are Aryan

one needs not religion to recognize and accept the deeper spirituality and interconnected nature of existence. Christianity is a good starting point for developing a good working moral code. Even if you accept Jesus you must remember the underling teachings, not the religious control doctrine that came after, he does not want your prayers or worship he just wants you to not be a selfish DBag.

why dont you talk to a priest?

You are on your way. Can you at least see Jesus Christ as the embodiment of that which is pure and good and that there are forces greater than man? The bible is filled with allegories and documented history. You don't have to take everything literally.

Catholicism is a satanic cult. OP should just find a bible website that helps beginners learn.

1) Deeply understand that the metaphors of the bible and the Christian Faith are True, and a true way to act in the world. Watch Peterson.

2) Act as if God exists because it is the best way to act.

3) You are now LARPing as a Christian. Your Leap of Faith (see Kierkegaarde) is now simple "stop LARPing," which isn't so hard.
4) Grats you're now a real Christian. Enjoy your mental health, pleasant family, and moderate success in life, followed by heaven.