CANADA YES!

How cucked can you be to not want to learn about the writings of the best (anglo) writer ever in shakespeare

Those madxirs have lost the plot.

They doth protest too much, methinks.

I don't actually care since reading shakespeare is annoying without a ton of explanation of what is being said and why.

Teaching shakespeare in school would be like (in 500 years) teaching seinfeld. They are fucking plays, who cares?

idk man, id rather read the works of some dude named "licks smegma" rather than that faggot shakespeare

Hmm... if only Shakespeare crafted a lot of modern English and made works that inspired literature for centuries to come.

That's what they will say about seinfeld.

>Teaching shakespeare in school would be like (in 500 years) teaching seinfeld.

That will be in their religon studies under "The Origins of Festivus"

bro i kno rite? yo what kinda dumbass gives a FUCC about white culture and history??

>reading shakespeare is annoying without a ton of explanation of what is being said and why
Nigger, you're just fucking stupid.
We were reading Shakespeare during English lessons back in my school days and we understood what is going on just fine.
Tbqh, understanding Shakespeare in English is far easier than trying to understand his art in other languages.
The only prerequisites are: you need to learn a few words in old English and you need a functioning brain.

american culture ladies and gents. thinks a shit show supersedes literature that spawned hundreds of new words and encapsulated global theatre/stories and retold them with aplomb.

naw ur right seinfeld amirite

Shakespeare was literally low brow trash and political propaganda, why the fuck should I care if they replace it with different low brow trash and political propaganda?

FYI I'm literally an aboriginal writer, not even joking. Not that they would ever teach anything I write because it isn't depressing historical fiction about the colonial era. I write Conan-esque fantasy about intentionally made up ethnic groups.

He's not wrong, Shakespear is basically Michael Bay in old. The reason why it inspired so much was because it was popular, and the popular stuff is almost always rather bland.

EVERY CHILD SHOULD READ THE MERCHANT OF VENICE

Most realistic depiction of the jew in all western literature.

>shakespeare
>good

day of the scoop when

Because Shakespeare is one of the greatest writers of the English language. Because he is culturally significant and hugely influential.

You and your "indigenous writer" friends are worthless twats. Otherwise you'd just be known as great writers, not indigenous ones.

Shakespeare wasn't low-brow, it was easy to access. This is like calling your entire local library low-brow because entry doesn't cost you anything.

More importantly Shakespeare is revered because it invented a shit ton of words still used today, was highly influential in crafting the English language and presented many fictional archetypes, writing techniques and tropes still in frequent use today. Nearly anything you've ever enjoyed made in the west can trace something back to Shakespeare.

I can't tell if you're a shill or legitimately retarded

of course, you are a product of (((American public education))) so I suppose I can't fault you on that

ding ding ding
britbong is upset bc no one wants to read that shit

>I'm too dumb to understand Shakespeare (or any literature for that matter) so therefore it should not be taught

You guys are so good at repeating globalist BS!!!!!!

Shakespeare offers Redpills on

- Jew Greed

- Women's inability to rule

- Women's greedy vindictive nature

- Women's petty jealous nature

- Cucks

The list goes on and on, mostly women= incompetent tho

How do you stop drinking long enough to write anything?

Ok leafs, it's time to push the "we wuz shazespear n sheeeeiiit" meme and say they're racist for not teaching it.

Some Rick does this once every few years. For modern literature, Ebonics, ethnic whatever, New politics. The characters who do it never last long in their jobs, the its back to normal. Shakespeare's full of eternal truth, as people were 500 years ago, so are we now. That's worth knowing.

>be bong colony
>throw out the single best thing bongs every contributed to art

Okay.

Didn't appreciate Shakespeare, but he is amazing for learning the English more in-depth despite the sexual innuendo. Now learning from native american writers with no great achievements in English language. Dafuq.

Tbh i was either to retarded but more likely the teachers where to terrible to put it in context and make it either comprehensible or interesting since it isn't marxism, they already don't teach it in effect.

God fucking damnit

Holy fuck you are stupid

>tfw Toronto

I want off this ride, please

>indigenous writers

If you are too stupid for shakespeare you will either be doing manual labor or working with coworkers who wish they didn't have to deal with your incompetence.

English Language and Cultural Hierarchy

Rap

Can I read it?

Shakespear is ass anyways. So who cares?

>indigenous writers
>"OOKA CLAKKA, ME HUNT SEAL"
How do they intend to teach something which doesn't exist

Canada embracing its history instead of some foreign writer, nothing wrong with that.

Shakespeare is wildly overrated. Not to mention he's a huge faggot.

Shakespeare is kind of a waste of time though. I mean it's not even in modern English. So half the time you are trying to guess what they are even saying. Indigenous writers all have a big chip on their shoulder though. Why not study some of the great Canadian writers like poet Al Purdy?

yeeeeesssss death to anglo culture!!!! tear down the anglo Imperium and start with the heads of young!

Canada's history is English and French. The history of the unnamed landmass that existed before European enrichment belongs to the seal hunters.

When do they start teaching Norse runes in Canada, then?

On the one hand, this is what disappointing since I quite enjoyed reading Shakespeare, but on the other, is it not good to read the works of the native culture of your land?

Don't forget that the only people able to out-Jew the Jew are women!

>it's not even in modern English

Thanks for letting us know you have no clue about any of this shit and your opinion should be disregarded.

Is it?

Shylock did nothing wrong

They had a fucking deal

Its pathetic and all that, but i've never understood western Shakespeare obsession. Hes one of the best playwright that ever lived, that goes without saying. But being the best playwright and being the best writer is different things. And in my opinion he's simply isn't in the same league with Dostoevsky, Twain, Orwell, Tolstoy, Carroll, Dumas, Chekhov or even Dante.
He only should only be read by professionals, others should simply watch his plays.

checked
nip always delivers

Did you not understand when you read it in high school?

Shylock said a pound of flesh, but he meant the heart. It was an entirely deceptive deal of which he was being dishonest.