CATHOLIC GENERAL

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/051417.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/05/very-important-pope-speaks-on-relations.html#sthash.4qMLCVZQ.dpuf
s107.podbean.com/pb/1befe891cea574a7f3e9ffe549afa42a/59187cb4/data2/fs95/1224144/uploads/Sermon_5_14_2017.mp3
youtube.com/user/onearmsteve4192/videos
radioimmaculata.org/
reuters.com/article/us-pope-atheists-idUSKBN1621I3
comunioneliberazione.org/articoli/eng/RatzAvv140504.htm
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/22/pope-benedict-xvi-heaven-non-catholics-church
catholicnewsagency.com/news/full-text-of-benedict-xvis-recent-rare-and-lengthy-interview-26142/
youtube.com/watch?v=cbt-oic4hWY
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/05/05/new-oratory-to-be-launched-in-bournemouth-this-month/
biblia.com/bible/esv/Galatians 2.1-14
biblia.com/bible/esv/Acts 15.1-23
biblia.com/bible/esv/1 Peter 5.1-5
biblia.com/bible/esv/Ephesians 2.19-20
youtube.com/watch?v=VPDRbO_qJ7g
youtube.com/watch?v=dMHTSY-7mKI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

UPDATE ON SSPX - HOLY SEE RELATIONS:

>"I would toss out any form of triumphalism. None. Some days ago, the Feria Quarta of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, their meeting - the call it the Feria Quarta, because it’s the fourth Wednesday - studied a document and the document still hasn’t reached me, the study of the document. This is the first. Secondly, the current relations are fraternal. Last year, I gave a license for confession to all of them, also a form of jurisdiction for marriages, but even before the problems, the cases they had, for example, had to be resolved by the Doctrine of the Faith. The Doctrine of the Faith carries them forward. For example, abuses. The cases of abuse, they brought them to us, also to the Penitentiary. Also the reduction to the lay state of a priest, they bring to us. The relations are fraternal. With Msgr. Fellay I have a good rapport. I’ve spoken many times… I don’t like to hurry things. Walk. Walk. Walk. And then we’ll see. For me, it’s not an issue of winners and losers, it’s an issue of brothers who must walk together, looking for a formula to make steps forward."
- rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/05/very-important-pope-speaks-on-relations.html#sthash.4qMLCVZQ.dpuf

Bumpity bump

s107.podbean.com/pb/1befe891cea574a7f3e9ffe549afa42a/59187cb4/data2/fs95/1224144/uploads/Sermon_5_14_2017.mp3

Listening to a sermon by bishop Barron

There are quite a few good sermons on this youtube channel fellow bong youtube.com/user/onearmsteve4192/videos

There is this traditional Catholic radio station broadcast out of Gosport which has some good audio content too user radioimmaculata.org/

Don't let me down, leaf. You normally have 3 or 4 of these fake quotes to bump my threads with

Stop being Catholic

Luther pls
>Pope is anti-Christ
>What gives you the authority to speak on religious matters?
>I'm an ordained priest
>Ordained in the religion which has the anti-Christ as its head?

Really makes me think

Pope suggests 'better to be atheist than hypocritical Catholic' | Reuters
reuters.com/article/us-pope-atheists-idUSKBN1621I3

He is talking about you.

Stay mad Protestcuck.

Wouldn't be a Catholic general without an angry American Prod

>"guys, scripture alone is the source of truth"
>proceeds to change scripture

While Luther was wrong, I will admit he and his followers are better than Anglicans. The idea that someone can actually believe that the Catholic Church stopped being true the very moment that Henry wanted another divorce is laughable.

It's true though. Hypocritical catholics go to hell for blaspheming the holy spirit, whilst ignorant athiests may be under god's grace

>"The next great heresy is going to be simply an attack on morality; and especially on sexual morality"

the pope, when you look at what he actually said and not the headlines or the snippets you post, is 100% correct though.
As he says, many Catholics say ""I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this and that association'" yet they should aslo say ""'my life is not Christian, I don't pay my employees proper salaries, I exploit people, I do dirty business, I launder money, (I lead) a double life'."
And for those people, it would be less sinful to just say their an atheist, for in the current state they profane the Church with their false lies, they in effect lie about belief and they fail to act as witnesses to Christ, but instead lead people astray by claiming they are Catholic when they fail to model a good Catholic for others.

If you aren't going to actually act as a Catholic, then it's better to just not say you're one, and even better to change your life to actually follow the Christ's teachings

Media do the reverse to Pope Francis to what they did to Pope Benedict. With Pope Benedict, they quoted everything he said in a negative way and mentioned he was a member of the nazi youth. With Francis, they quote everything approvingly & give it a liberal slant

God damn i love pope benedict. Is it even possible for a pope to retire? Is francis an anti pope?

Haven't posted in one of these threads in a month or two now. But today was the one year anniversary of my baptism into Catholicism. So I thought it'd be nice to remember to pop on in.

Went to morning mass this morning and in a great mood for today. I know Wolfshiem doesn't come into the Sunday generals these days, but if he somehow gets by and sees this. Thanks again for all your help mate, its been a great year for me.

God bless you all for keeping these generals up.

If Pope Benedict says yes, then I'm willing to believe him. But user, he has left us his great work. Especially things like this which I encourage all to read comunioneliberazione.org/articoli/eng/RatzAvv140504.htm

>The West reveals here a hatred of itself, which is strange and can be only considered pathological; the West is laudably trying to open itself, full of understanding, to external values, but it no longer loves itself; in its own history, it now sees only what is deplorable and destructive, while it is no longer able to perceive what is great and pure.

He does pop in kiwianon. Hopefully this'll stay alive long enough for him to see & know he's appreciated. Glad to know these thread have such a positive effect.

God bless

>wasting your time on this degenerate kikery

Was he speaking ex cathedra peter though when he said yes?

>Catholism
>degeneracy
Really user?
What has made you not only deny the Truth of Christ, but also come to belive that it's degeneracy?

>God bless you all for keeping these generals up.
It's our pleasure user.

Brothers, open yourself to Chaos. Do not linger on the false truth of God (Catholic or not), be God yourself, trascend flesh and become one with everything, and with nothing. Fall into the endless, kill the I and become the whole.

>Chaos
>ever the right path in any reality
Shoo shoo filthy heretic.

Do any of you guys want a new dogmatic definition of Mary as advocate, or is that a minority view?

Yet we will burn the same you and I, i might be smiling tho. I'll "told you so" after dude :)

Catholics can no longer believe that all Muslims, Hindus, atheists and so on are going to hell. We have this on the authority of the former Pope Benedict XVI, who gave a long interview a couple of years ago that has only just surfaced in English. Benedict’s view must be definitive, not just because he was a pope, but because he was a notably conservative one.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/22/pope-benedict-xvi-heaven-non-catholics-church

> fake evil person smile

Was he speaking ex cathedra peter?

No. It doesn't met the conditions needed to be infallible

Deist here, strongly considering conversion.

Why choose Catholicism over Orthodoxy?

Doesn't shit like papal infallibility, purgatory, baptism by sprinkling instead of submersion and the many historical acts of fuckery (Donation of Constantine and the like) stand contrary to scripture?

Ex CAthedra relates to doctrine. If the man on the throne of St. Peter feels himself incapable of carrying out the duties necessary, it doesn't really fall under doctrine

The article is nonsense user. The author does not quote Pope Benedict at all

Read the full text here:
catholicnewsagency.com/news/full-text-of-benedict-xvis-recent-rare-and-lengthy-interview-26142/

I don't believe in god.

But I still believe there are good religions

In Good Religions:
Good people go to heaven. Period.

Bad religion?
Good people CANNOT go to heaven, unless...

Christ gave Peter a sort of infallibilty when he said
>And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven

At the moment, the Orthodox are separated from the successor of Peter. Also worth noting the Orthodox currently allow their followers to divorce & remarry 3 times, despite Our Lord saying ' he who divorces & marries another commits adultery'

You should also read the Actsof the Apostles. You'll notice whenever there are a group of apostles including Peter, he is always the one who speaks or performs miracles. He's clearly the leader.

Lastly, the Church fathers acknowledged the successor Peter had primacy over the others pic related

>In Good Religions:
>Good people go to heaven. Period.
And what is a "good person"?

Gnosticism.

From there choose a religious tradition if you feel compelled.

If you can't tell good from bad, you have a much bigger problem.

That's not an answer to the question. Most people think murder is bad, but some people don't. And even then, people disagree on what murder is. Some say war is murder, others say that any form of killing is murder, still others say that only willful unprovoked killing is murder.

How do you know who is right?

D-did you just post a pic of a magician to back up atheism?

Nobosy has ever argued an atheist can't be moral. The argument is, if there's no God & you can escape prosecution from the law, there's no reason to be moral.

Without God, an innate feeling in you that says 'I ought...' has no more compulsion to act than 'I Itch'. You can choose to follow it or not. It makes no difference

Also, that pic is idiotic. The point of asking "if there's no god, what's to stop me from raping all I want?" isn't that people who ask that would rape and murder if they thought there was no god.

The point is we live in society's built on certian assumptions of "good" and "evil" such as helping someone is good, killing someone is evil. But if there is no higher power which makes this true, then what justifies these laws? What gives us the right to prosecute and punish one who rapes?
Of course, one could say that it's simply because that's what we all agree on, but then the question arises, what makes the majority's opinion the right one, save the fact they can enforce it. And if that enforcement is the sole justification, then if one can avoid enforcement then one can do whatever they want.
Penn says that he wants to not rape at all, and that's fine, but what gives him the grounds to judge those who do?

My Baltimore Catechism set will be arriving on Wednesday! I'm excited.

After I read all of it, I'm going to go to the SSPX and ask for baptism or further instruction.

The anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima quelled any doubts I had about becoming Catholic.

The thing about Peter being the rock etc seems more to me like it was in reference to his confession than Peter himself.

>Also worth noting the Orthodox currently allow their followers to divorce & remarry 3 times, despite Our Lord saying ' he who divorces & marries another commits adultery'

Jesus said divorce and remarriage was permissible in cases of adultery, which is likely the reason behind the majority of divorces. Even then, remarriage is not treated with celebration, it's penitential in nature. There are cases where the marriage is far more damaging to the couple's spiritual well being than allowing separation. This seems far more in line with taking care of the flock than forcing people to stay in a spiritually unhealthy relationship.

>He's clearly the leader

Is he? Peter's actions don't seem to make that clear. It seems much more likely he was merely first among equals at most, given that there are numerous times he is given orders by other apostles, Acts 8:14 for example, and other times where he is overruled.

It definitely doesn't seem like the Pope's current position in any case, more like the Orthodox idea of equality.

>Lastly, the Church fathers acknowledged the successor Peter had primacy over the others

Primacy as in first among equals it seems, not as in total authority.

Who /cardinal newman/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=cbt-oic4hWY

the One™True™Church™

Zwingli did nothing wrong!

""""pope""" (((francis))) was a mistake

>it's penitential in nature

Christ didn't say 'remarriage is adulterly unless it's penitential & you want to appear more merciful than me, you know, the son of God'

>numerous times he is given orders by other apostles

Can you cite those numerous times? Your only example says Peter & John were 'sent' to Samaria. Which in no way detracts from the Pope's ability to decide on matters of doctrine

>Primacy as in first among equals it seems, not as in total authority.

The quote by St. Cyprian literallysays 'one chair'

the organist at mass today was amazing

That's my town. I've been to that Church a few times in the past.

You know nothing about the Anglican Church then.

Oh? Please do explain how you get past the fact that it's founding just happens to coincide with the pope telling Henry he can't have a divorce

Very glad you enjoyed it Iberianon & hope it helped further focus your prayers

You're very fortunate user. You're getting a new oratory this month

>The new Oratory “in formation” will begin on May 31. Its community will consist of Fr Peter Edwards, Fr Dominic Jacob and one student brother, and it will be based at Sacred Heart Church, off Richmond Hill in the city centre.

>The Oratory will be devoted to offering sacramental support through daily Mass and Confessions, Eucharistic Adoration and formation in the spiritual life, alongside the pastoral care of students, the homeless and others in need.

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/05/05/new-oratory-to-be-launched-in-bournemouth-this-month/

Because nobody wants it to happen to them. So its a good pact to make and create law and order to establish it. Pretty simple stuff user.

I don't know how you call it in english but right before the eucharist iirc the priest says something like "give each other peace, brothers" and you have to shake hands with people around you

I notice they don't do this in latin mass, as well as other difference, but it got me thinking what's the deal with it

what am I supposed to think about spanish-only churches/parishes? On the one hand, they are a part of Our Church. On the other hand, these spics are outright colonizing my home. What's the proper Christian thing to think, Sup Forums?

It was founded in the 7th century by Saint Augustine of Canterbury. It became Protestant during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I in the 1559 Religious Settlement.

Henry VIII was never divorced, he had his marriages annulled. All Henry did was bring the Church of England out of communion with the Bishop of Rome, as did mutliple Catholic rulers in this period and before. He was still theologically Catholic, as was the Church of England at this time.

The Church of England, to this day, remains the form of Protestantism closest to Catholicism. There are very little actual theological differences between the two churches, especially in regards to High Church Anglicanism/Anglo-Catholic tradition. To say that you prefer Lutheranism to Anglicanism is ridiculous and just shows that you know very little about the theology of these churches.

was at a spic mass once, it was so terrible I had to walk out halfway through: dogs barking, children crying, sweaty ugly goblins everywhere, I couldn't hear the priest, it was so packed many people couldn't even sit...

protect your homeland user, the spics belong on the other side of the wall

>He was still theologically Catholic
>Proclaimed himself as the Head of the Church and rejected the authority of Rome
wut

Remarriage is not adultery according to Christ if the previous marriage was ended because of adultery. As such these cases demand remarriage should be a possibility, not something permitted by the Catholic Church.

>more merciful

Hardly, it's clearly not optimal and the Orthodox Church knows that, but there do exist cases where it is permitted. To deny the ability to remarry under any circumstances goes against what Christ said.

>Can you cite those numerous times?

biblia.com/bible/esv/Galatians 2.1-14

>Paul disagrees with Peter

biblia.com/bible/esv/Acts 15.1-23

>James is the prominent, final speaker, not Peter

biblia.com/bible/esv/1 Peter 5.1-5

>Chief Shepard is Christ, not Peter

biblia.com/bible/esv/Ephesians 2.19-20

>Peters power shared by the other apostles

Being "sent" anywhere is not something a supposed absolute leader does. He couldn't be made to go (or "be sent") anywhere, he'd decide to go himself and have the language reflect that.

>St. Cyprian literally says 'one chair'

And other say there are more than one.

>Augustine

"...because he saw himself united by letters of communion both to the Roman Church, in which the supremacy of an apostolic chair has always flourished."

AN apostolic chair. Not THE apostolic chair.

"You cannot deny that you see what we call heresies and schisms, that is, many cut off from the root of the Christian society, which by means of the Apostolic Sees, and the successions of bishops, is spread abroad in an indisputably world-wide diffusion"

Apostolic SEES, not See.

He still followed Catholic doctrine and catechism for the most part, unlike Protestants.

I'm not saying he's good or right, just wanted to make that straight.

Homosexual marriage, openly gay bishops, women priests, divorce, contraception.

Yeah, totally Catholic.

>for the most part
I don't think you know what "theologically catholic" means

>The Church of England, to this day, remains the form of Protestantism closest to Catholicism. There are very little actual theological differences between the two churches, especially in regards to High Church Anglicanism/Anglo-Catholic tradition. To say that you prefer Lutheranism to Anglicanism is ridiculous and just shows that you know very little about the theology of these churches.
I'm well aware of how close the Anglican Church is to the Catholic one, and that's part of my point.
There's very little theological differences, and regardless of the moment of seperation from the holy see being it's founding or not, one still has to accept that for some reason it was right for the CoE to split off the moment that Henry got an annulment denied, which is ridiculous to me.
It's such a horrible reason for seperation, especially when not years before Henry got awarded the title defender of the faith for his writings.

Perhaps "better" wasn't the best term, rather "more understandable reasoning for seperation." Luther and followers go balls to the wall and and outright say that a huge portion of Catholic doctrine is wrong and that's why they're leaving, which at an intellectual level makes far more sense than seperation in no small part because of a denied annulment.

I'm an atheist but I want an honest discussion.
What are your thoughts on Međugorje apparitions?
My parents are very skeptical about nowadays aparitions but they keep insisting the initial ones were real.
Dad told me because they were very young, they could be intimidated easily if lying. I am aware many of stories regarding it are forged but there is one thing I can't think of any explaination.
I highly doubt children at that age knew the consequences of apparitions (like money, fame etc.).
Seeing as Pope will most likely come against it, why do you think they lied in a first place? Was it just a juvenile joke that blow up on a huge scale or else?
What do you think?

Was initially a kiss of peace, of which there are numerous examples in the Bible. It's one of the reasons I prefer the Latin mass. It's meant to make everyone feel more included, but I don't like it

It's the result of so many non-Spanish Americans not going to mass. Best thing you can do is get more English speakers to mass user

Fact remains, user, you're advocating the Orthodox being more merciful than Christ himself. He did not give exemptions.

Concerning your examples: even Catholics are allowed to disagree with whom the Pope eats with. This is not doctrine. In the other, yes, James has the last word, but only after Peter has given the decisive decision

Fair enough.

In a theological (not cultural) context the Church of England is closer to Catholicism than most major forms of Protestantism. Most forms of Protestantism outright reject many Catholic theological teachings, whereas Anglicanism maintains them. I never claimed they were Catholic, but the average Anglican is closer to Catholicism than the average Lutheran. Especially High Church Anglicans, who are practically Catholics out of communion with Rome.

Following core Catholic theological teachings. Read Henry VIII by Jack Scarisbrick.

As of now the Church has ruled them non constant, so I'd have to say that were not verifiable apparitions.
Now, as to why the children "lied," I'm not so sure it was a lie in the traditional sense. The children most likely believed what they saw, but when we look at the circumstances, such as the first child to see the apparitions being in a state of grief due to her mother dying, it's very possible that they saw it because they wanted to see it. That's the very reason the church has a system to verify miracles, because sometimes people's belief and desire can cloud reality.

Now, in the spirit of honest discussion, may I ask why you're an atheist? What makes you doubt? And what makes you ask about these apparitions?

>Fact remains, user, you're advocating the Orthodox being more merciful than Christ himself

Not at all. In at least one case (adultery) remarriage is permissible as Christ says himself. Not allowing even this seems a greater deviation.

You didn't address Peter's supposed authority being wielded by the rest of the apostles, or the mention of the chair not being the only one.

Even if one concedes a first-among-equals position, there doesn't appear to be any basis for the current incarnation of the papacy, and historically councils have rules on matters, not just the Pope, and the bishop of Rome's decisions were subject to approval by others.

The justification for a total authority just doesn't appear to be present anywhere.

I think they are false mainly because, as far as I know, none of the 'visionaries' have became priests or nuns. With Fatima, the seer who saw the Blesssed Virgin became a nun, which, to me, seems something you'd definitely do if you'd see something that proves 100% yur religion to be true.

Whether they were true initially, I honestly don't know. Again, it seems unlikely. Idea of seeing something that confirms your religion, & then manipulating it to make money & fame seems either really stupid or outright diabolical.

They may have had good intentions i.e wanting to strengthen the faith of their countrymen, but to me, it seems fake. Also, this might interest you (especially the part about making the 'visionary' flinch) youtube.com/watch?v=VPDRbO_qJ7g

I live really close to Međugorje so there's often lots of discussion about it.
I'm an atheist because I simply haven't experienced anything supernatural in my entire existance. Also concept of religion seems kind of silly to me because there are thousands of religions and they all claim they are the absolute truth.
Thanks for civil discourse user, you da boss!
I live nearby. When there are enough tourists it's all peace and harmony and you can straight feel it.
When there are not, however, people are fighting over trivial things. Also people from there avoid taxes and treat their employees in the worst ways possible.
That's what I see from my perspective so I wanted to see yours.
Thanks for reply.

Protestant logic:

>YOU DON'T NEED A POPE TO INTERPRET SCRIPTURE FOR YOU, FOLLOW THE BIBLE ALONE

>If you want to learn more, buy my study Bible, the John MacArthur Study Bible, and learn how to stop following men and how to follow only God

>John MacArthur Study Bible, $29.95

Everyone here knows Protestants are dumb

>Indeed, my friends, stop following the traditions of men, and stop letting men interpret scripture for you. You don't need a "magisterium" or a "pope" to tell you what scripture means.

>Follow only God and his word.

>For more information, purchase the David Jeremiah Study Bible, only $39.95, available in hardcover and leatherbound

>I'm an atheist because I simply haven't experienced anything supernatural in my entire existance.
Well, neither have I, but that doesn't mean that miracles don't exist for you to see. For instance, in France Saint Bernadette's corpse is on display, and remains incorruptible to this day, and is the one of the only miracles verafied by a medical doctor.
>Also concept of religion seems kind of silly to me because there are thousands of religions and they all claim they are the absolute truth.
True, but you can begin to see the truth if you look at both the philosophy behind them and there holy scriptures. For example, what do you define as good user?
And also, may I ask if you've ever read the bible?

what are catholics going to do about the jews?

That's an extremely broad question user, what exactly do you mean?

you know
degeneracy and bankers and all that stuff

I haven't heard of the incorruptible body thing to be honest. I will look into details when I'm free.
Also yes, I have read the Bible (not entirely though). I spent majority of my childhood reading the children's bible and I literally believed it happened.

>D-did you just post a pic of a magician to back up atheism?

ad hominem the bread and butter of Christians.

>Current Protestants hate Catholic Marian devotion
>Luther recommended the Hail Mary prayer

when I was there 3 years ago I didn't see the body, are you sure it's on display for everyone to see?

Well, the Church is opposed to degeneracy in all forms, so that would have to go.
As for banking, many Catholics, from saints like aquinas to the popes, have condemned the banking done by jews. So that is definitely also a no-no in the Church's eye.

Now, as for the jews themselves, if they were to refuse conversion, I would posit that the ideal system would be to allow them to continue to practice freely, but forbid them from usury, from holding positions of power in Catholic governance and from spreading degeneracy.

Why do you ask? Are you looking to convert, or just wanted to know what we think?

AFAIK it's on display in the Church of St. Gildard. I have no idea if something happened and it was taken off display for a while, but everything I can find says it's still there.

>Also yes, I have read the Bible (not entirely though). I spent majority of my childhood reading the children's bible and I literally believed it happened.
I see. And do you have any major qualms with the bible of Catholic Theology? What makes you doubt the truth of them?
Also, some parts, like genesis, aren't literal history, but metaphorical literature. Stuff like that did not happen exactly as it says in the bible.

Well, we used to pray for them on Good Friday:
> "Let us pray also for the faithless Jews: that almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord." and so on

You conveniently ignored the bit I wrote after where I showed how the quote was nonsense

Way to ignore his point.
Also, that isn't an ad hom, he is in fact a magician.
He's pointing out that using someone who does """magic""" to refute theism is ironic to say the least.

and you guys don't anymore?
it seems to me that all mainstream catholics think of jews as superior like american prots and the church doesn't even preach the gospel concerning jews anymore.

>Church of St. Gildard
>nevers

well that explains it, I thought it was in lourdes

You shoulda listened to these guys

Some stories aren't historically accurate.
Old testament endorses slavery, legit mysoginy and all that horrible stuff, and later in New testament Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.
I basically don't think it's real the same way I don't think Harry Potter is real.
I still consider it to be the single most important book in the civilization though.

DIE YOU PEDO COMMUNISTS!

Christians really don't know...

< pic related.
You don't need god or religion to "believe" it.
It's in ALL religions but actually predate religions.

Bingo!

One of the most influential moments in my life came when I decided, as a Presbyterian, to study through the Westminster Confession.

>hardly any of the proof texts in that Confession support the doctrine

Seriously, go look the Confession up and see if the doctrine they argue for is supported by the proof text given.

it showed me clearly that Protestantism follows tradition every bit as much as Catholicism does, but Protestants can't justify it as Catholics can.

>Hail Mary

Cathobros redpill me on pope francis. Is he a legit catholic given bad press and taken out of context or is he as evil as it seems?

I think this video explains it best

youtube.com/watch?v=dMHTSY-7mKI

I AM DRAWING A LINE IN THE SAND
I AM MAKING IT WITH MY RIGHT HAND
I AM FINALLY TAKING A STAND
FOR THIS THE PROMISED LAND