Funny how the only good operating system wasn't made with profit in mind...

Funny how the only good operating system wasn't made with profit in mind, but instead out of altruism and the creator's love for his people and culture.

face it lolbertarians, capitalism is a joke.

He did it so he did not have to pay programmers. That Linus guy sounds like an asshole.

It's just an inferior clone of UNIX for Yuropoors. UNIX (the first and still best OS) is proprietary software.

excellent b8 my dude

it is almost as if Linux and Free Software are the ultimate proof and make the best case for the charitable and altruistic nature of human beings and thus support every free market capitalism and libertarian argument in the book

>botnetD

>but instead out of altruism and the creator's love for his people and culture.

Linus Torvalds moved to Oregon and became a U.S. citizen years ago. He used to talk shit about Finland and Finnish people all the time because he is apparently from a Swedish minority who live in Finland and they consider themselves the cultural elite.

> Made it while being paid in grad school
> Most development being done on it is by programmers working for and being paid by private companies

Look at its history dumbass.
AT&T decided it was theirs at some point, but it was in large part developed in universities and by volunteers. At the time, opensource development model was pretty common without people realizing that's what it was. Source code wasn't considered very valuable by itself yet.
AT&T eventually released the bits of it they didn't really own (and that's what the opensource *BSD projects were based on).

I know the majority of these shitposts are half-assed in order to defend your shitty economic system, but I'll reply to your terrible arguments anyway.

Here goes nothing.

>implying Linus was the only person
terrible blanket statement, made by a terrible Apple shill
then you should have no problem ostracizing people who promote decadence in exchange for profit (McDonalds, Apple, Banks) right? Most capitalists don't.
>what is init
I'm referring to the actual tech culture that existed at the time, not Finnish "culture"
and?
>slave that invented something was being paid by freemen, check mate we should have slave states
your argument

you were actually serious unironically?

i dont have the time to educate you on capitalism now but im sure you are a lost cause anyway

>current year
>not using Gentoo or Void linux

If you use anything else than TempleOS you're basically a cuck.

>Lacks in games
>Lacks in mobile
>Lacks in music production
>Lacks in video production
>Lacks in standardization
>Lacks in branding

another good example

I know right, I fucking love TempleOS

if you need to make minecraft animations this badly, I understand selling yourself to the botnet.

bsd is better, and doesn't have a communist license

>Not making your own OS

>t. luddite

t. pajeet

Those are not flaws with the OS itself but the products offered.

>Lacks in mobile
>he doesnt know

can be summed up as:
> lacks in adoption

Can be summed up as:
>lacks in advertisement

essentially

The only good OS is Gentoo.

is Temple OS better than any Linux??

I can prove I'm not one since I know languages other than spaghetti Java and C++

I was just messing about.
Jewbuntu, redpill me on solus

Jewbuntu here*

I don't actually know, I've been running Arch for years and just lurked in the kevin threads. Arch is pretty great though, I could never go back to a non-rolling-release distro. Never had anything break with updates.

That's probably because, and I'm throwing a guess here, you don't use that machine for any real development. Rolling releases and/or optimized compiled systems (ie gentoo) are fun hobby os's but the first day I'm down because I need some shit to compile or a library gets fucked because of an upgrade mismatch, that shit would be in the trash so fast. It's really not worth the risk.

Use a rolling distro and do your dev work in a VM :O)

I do actually use it for regular development and I've almost never run into issues that I wouldn't have run into anyway with another distro/OS. the AUR autism keeps things in line pretty well.

Font rendering is a little frustrating though; I wish the devs and wiki maintainers would finally admit nothing is as good as infinality was.

kubuntu, xubuntu. fucking amd arent updating their proprietary drivers.