I'm going to buy a Bible

I'm going to buy a Bible.

Should I get KJV, NJKV, or NASB?

KJV-Onlyists almost had me hooked until I realized they were a cult that worship the book as an idol.

But the other Bible versions do use the altered Alexandrian manuscripts instead of the Textus Receptus.

Other urls found in this thread:

jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NIV/300_changes.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I personally like the NASB out of the modern translations. It's also nice to have an older version like the KJV if you want to see the verses that have been removed

NJKV isn't a thing, NKJV is shit
KJV is great, NASB is great
go with NET reader's edition though

people are strict kjv onlyists because the niv and every modern version are changed by satan to lead people to hell

its not my fault if that makes me an idolator in your opinion

Eastern orthodox bible is best (EOB). Everything else is inferior or downright heretical

That thing looks like it was printed off Microsoft Word

Probably was. Was created by the orthodox community in america.

It has the stamp of approval from the orthodox church and is based on the patriarchal text but also considers all variations and commentary from majority text critical text and textus receptus. It is the go to translation for english speaking christians

I say this as a catholic

Common Englih Bible is the official flat earth bible

When God began to create[a] the heavens and the earth— 2 the earth was without shape or form, it was dark over the deep sea, and God’s wind swept over the waters— 3 God said, “Let there be light.” And so light appeared. 4 God saw how good the light was. God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God named the light Day and the darkness Night.

There was evening and there was morning: the first day.

6 God said, “Let there be a dome in the middle of the waters to separate the waters from each other.” 7 God made the dome and separated the waters under the dome from the waters above the dome. And it happened in that way. 8 God named the dome Sky.

There was evening and there was morning: the second day.

You highest heaven, praise God!
Do the same, you waters that are above the sky!

You build your lofty house on the waters;
you make the clouds your chariot,

300 Changes In The NIV and Other Modern Bible Versions
jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NIV/300_changes.htm

removes the word "begotten" from John 3:16
removes the name "Jesus" in 38 places
completely removes the word "sodomite" from the Bible
removes the word "hell" 40 times

That's not all that the wicked NIV deceivers took out of the Bible. The word "sodomite" is completely gone, as is the words: fornication, trucebreakers, winebibbers, carnal, slothful, unthankful, effeminate, backbiting, vanity, lasciviousness, whoredom, devils, Lucifer, damnation, brimstone, and the bottomless pit.

>being an unironic theist

m-muh jeebus. Such strange coincidence that nobody I know who studies non-meme tier scientific courses @ uni believes in god.
litterally mudslim tier

>tfw all my friends are smarter than Pascal.

>The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. (Psalm 14:1 KJV)
>The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, They have done abominable works, There is none who does good. (Psalm 14:1 NKJV)
>The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good. (Psalm 14:1 NASB)
>Fools say to themselves, “There is no God.” They sin and commit evil deeds; none of them does what is right. (Psalm 14:1 NET)

>God leaves us with 2000 year old book that provides only instructions on salvation
>God allows many competing books to surface
>God allows Satan to corrupt his one true book.
>God blames us if we get it wrong.

Geneva or don't bother.

yup on purpose

2 Thessalonians 2:10
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

i got a norwegian translated bible from 1885
is it Sup Forums approved?

Get the NIV like every other person on earth. Maybe you haven't realized, but hermeneutics has changed in the last 500 years or so since the KJV was published.

dude, gut olive tree for kindle or tablet. every translation right at your fingertips. you can open another window pane and have commentaries and things that keep up with your main view.

NIV is just bad. whoever owns it asked John MacArthur to write a commentary, and he said 'Only if I can correct all the problems', and they said yes.

also, YLT FTW.

Seriously, don't "BUY" a bible, just use one of those websites that goes verse by verse and shows what all the different versions have so you can see the alterations and critically think for yourself. Otherwise, KJV.
http:// www.e-sword.net/
http:// www.swordsearcher.com/
seriously you shouldn't have to "pay" for a bible these days.

Most of the New Testament was written by Paul who was a Christian-hating tool of the Roman Government. He completed subverted Jesus's message about the One True God and deified Jesus, Who's last words were 'My God why did you abandon me'. Jesus had NO intention of being God or being Worshipped. He was spreading the message of the Universal Consciousness which we all share.

>Be monotheist.
>Realize there is No Satan, and that God is All-Powerful and Infinite and makes the World EXACTLY How He wants it to be.
>Realize that we can not surprise God.
>Realize that God Knows EXACTLY everything we are going to do and has known that for billions of years.
>Realize that We Do EXACTLY what GOD wants us to do.