It's fucking happening!

The Pentagon’s New Algorithmic Warfare Cell Gets Its First Mission: Hunt ISIS

>By year’s end, the Pentagon wants computers >to be leading the hunt for Islamic State >militants in Iraq and Syria, through turning >countless hours of aerial surveillance video >into actionable intelligence.

ISIS BTFO

defenseone.com/technology/2017/05/pentagons-new-algorithmic-warfare-cell-gets-its-first-mission-hunt-isis/137833/?utm_content=buffer2fe97&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140610122012.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=BgKhOv1xTmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Pentagon’s New Algorithmic Warfare Cell
don't care who president is; I don't like the sound of that one bit

The complete singularity of man and machine is an inevitability. Acknowledge reality now or become Soilent Green.

headline is much more interesting than the article.

they are just looking for ways to automate how to identify signatures of objects/weapons in video. we already have this technology

now if was smart enough to hunt/stalk items of interest and dispatch arms to eliminate them, thn we would be on to something

Nope. Not one bit. Now add in current robotics or next gen robotics.
> OK mom! Going to the movies and paying with my credit card like always do when a specific type of movie comes out! Then I'll go to dinner and eat at that nice restaurant alone because I'm a sperg like I always do afterwards again paying with my credit card. I'll also be using my new car with GPS tracking and I always carry my expensive new phone with GPS tracking and that can be remotely activated without my knowledge. it even has a camera! Also check out this new ObamaWatch the government gave me for free!

sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140610122012.htm

Let that shit roll around in your head for awhile

Those who speak of the inevitability of a thing are those who have lost control of that thing. This is foolishness in it's extreme, and a sign of addiction and desperation.

We have not lost control of "technology" yet, but we are getting close. I think some just have a lack of vision and cannot imagine any other way. This itself is disturbing and very dangerous.

I'm pretty sure in the next 15-20 years people will be paying to have the government read their thoughts. Everything will be connected through advertising. Signs will be blank, and your glasses will display the ad as you walk by.

Don't need to. They can profile you off of your credit card purchases and internet browsing habits.

Haggers steal code. Massive upload to wikileaks. Code tweeked to mercilessly go after anyone called "shia" or "shlomo"

What you need to realize is that technology is simply the next part of evolution. It can make humanity, as a whole, nearly indestructible. It would take us out of the dirt that so many so called gods have put us in. The only catch is symbiosis. This is also the only thing that will keep us alive. As soon as a quantum computer gets advanced enough to think with the power equal to that of 10.000's of human brains a second, our job on this universe is gone. If you are afraid of existing in a non-3Dimensional plane, you should join the singularity.

Pentagon faggots quit stealing my ideas.

WE PERSON OF INTEREST NOW!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=BgKhOv1xTmA

>Still believing they hunt their own creation or have plans to

There is no exponential curve. We have hit the transistor limit of Moore's law, and the idea that there has been any super advancement in the past few decades is a lie. The only super growth in the past few decades has been in transistor size and that's done now. Nothing else has changed that drastically nor will it. It's generally accepted that we're entering into a stagnation or a logarithmic growth curve, not an exponential one. Only ((Kurzweil)) and his little minions preach the singularity stuff.
The tech they are using in this article has been around for decades, it's just that we've only recently hit the point where it becomes viable based on computation power.
The singularity is a meme, it isn't happening. Stop with the science fiction, we need to figure out solutions to the actual problems in this world.

There is a term that I like as it sums many things up. "You cannot immanentize the eschaton".

Humans are fallen creatures, and any attempt by them to bring heaven on earth will breed catastrophe. Now I say this as a Christian, so I am biased, but I believe I speak truth. Beware, is all I am saying.

Why are we trying to create AI? Is it to create something in love and greater understanding? No, it is to fulfill curiosity, to breed wealth and domination. We talk of AI as if it were a commodity. Now if we were to create AI, then what do you think it's characteristics would be based on what we are creating it for? Could it be more monstrous than us?

I think you are correct. Machines will have to become more power intensive and more expensive to continue the curve. There are potential new technologies that could keep the curve going unchanged for another fifteen or twenty years, but I think there will have to be a complete paradigm shift to really see the trend continue. I am not sure about quantum computing, but I think many of the issues of stable qubits, info storage, problems of cooling, and the like may be solved. I do not know too much about this stuff,but it is really interesting to study.

I also dont understand this whole "Deep learning" and the use of algorithms and neural networks in artificial intelligence. It seems that you could create very plastic self-learning systems that could solve many problems, but that it would be a fallacy to say it is anywhere near "consciousness"

Quantum computing is only applicable to certain problems and we are no where near it. Also, by definition, you can't store a quantum state so we can never use quantum computers for servers or anything like that.

Deep learning is just statistics. They require hundreds of millions of examples to get a ~98% accuracy rating on very very specific problems they are trained for. The whole AI stuff is really really exaggerated, people need to understand we are at the same level as we were 40 years ago. You're right, a completely new paradigm shift needs to happen but we don't understand any of it and the cost could be far too great.

The singularity is a distraction, it's not the end goal or even part of the actual plan. They don't need it anyway; once the Goyim are 90IQ mulatto's ((they)) will just control us with media, sex, and superior military air power.

>All American military actions in Syria were against Assad (supporting ISIS)
>All American media still claims you're fighting ISIS
Can anyone explain this to me?

They'll keep saying "automation is coming! vote for bigger government and UBI!" "the singularity is coming! Don't worry about race or borders because we'll all be in the matrix!" "Global Warming is coming! We need a one world government to stop it!" and we'll all march towards becoming a bunch of 90 IQ mulattos and then we find ourselves serfs while they own all the banks power plants and farms.

>Deep learning is just statistics
I was trying to get into it about 5 years ago...but I fucking hate statistics and I suck at them. Once I realized it, I moved on. But yeah, basically everything in AI is either a set process, which isn't smart it's scripting, or reasoning which is basically a program running a number of tests to determine if the accuracy is high enough.

I am really afraid that you are pretty much 100 percent correct... Especially with the past couple of years. It reminds me of what Alexander the Great did when he forced persian women to marry his greek soldiers. He was trying to create a cultural homogenization to unify to distinct civilizations. What we are witnessing with the illegal immigrant crisis is social engineering. I do not blame the people for wanting a better life in a new country, I blame our leaders for shilling for this global agenda. Deeper study into the epicenters of power lead to frightful conclusions.

I like it. Its just an algorithm

how much different from the one used by google for the clinton campaign?

>mfw it analyzes trumps speeches and fires a drone strike at the founder of ISIS

Bump

>implying they won't be outperformed by a bunch of autists on /sg/ using nothing but ISIS execution/training videos and google maps