Is work the only path towards a virtuous life?

Work is godliness. It provides. It sharpens. It builds. If we are not working--at something--then we might as well be dead. Prove me wrong.

You are correct. Work drives a man, it's a neccessity in order to keep a stable state of mind.

I've built a robot to do that guys work. Pouring molten shit and whatever, hard work for a meatbag but the robot doesn't mind

very well, tell me then what will be the path towards virtuous life if most work is automated away?

We can agree that the demand for top minds will be the highest it has ever been, but we could also agree that demand for any other kind of mind will be non-existent.

Judging by the retarded shit you're posting on here It's fair to say that neither I nor you are top shelf material. In that scenario must we off ourselves?

Also, I've worked in the O&G. Let me tell you this much - it's far from spiritual experience.

> Blow
> Gambling
> Infected prostitutes

I've literally seen dudes blow away 4k in one night of gambling at this 7/11 knockoff in the northern Alberta, and that was life to them

Working on a masterpiece perhaps.
>But a life of serfdom a virtuous life?

If they're doing blow, gambling and infected prostitutes, then they aren't "working" are they?

If they have downtime then they should be perfecting themselves to do better work.

I make 40k driving a forklift

New university grads are making 60k starting, I want to get a degree in CS or maybe engineering but I'm too old now(25)

Is suicide the only option?

Work is work. Make something. Make yourself self-sustaining. Feed yourself. Hunting for food or raising chickens for eggs is work.

>Work is godliness.

Tell that to the millions of minimum wage workers flipping burgers and cleaning toilets.

Work is glorified because rich people need cheap labor.

Find a niche that is low in supply, high in demand. It's that simple. Find that niche and become an expert.

Think of blacksmiths in medieval times. Did royals and knights need them? You bet your ass they did--and they were paid good coin for their work.

No point specializing in ditch digging. Find work that's valuable, where labor is scarce.

>tfw university grads are making 12ks starting.

Is migrating to Canada my only option?
>inb4 moor. Northern spaniard.

yeah better do something, your job is going to be taken by a drone in 5 years

Hunting for food is survival.
Working for your own gain is surviving

Working for a boss that in turn pays you is serfdom.

>image related it is you

Commie thread implied and incoming

And in 30 years when the college grads finally get all their loans paid off you'll be way ahead. You didn't waste the first 5 years of your adult life not making any money and you didn't waste the next 30 years paying back a loan that you should have used to buy property that they should have used to buy property that would have doubled or tripled in value by now.

Buy real estate not college.

Bosses provide capital. Until you can provide your own capital, it's good to join forces with a capitalist to reach common goals.

The pursuit of a goal is virtuous. What are you pursuing?

A boss would never provide you enough capital to make you independant because he is dependant on you.

>Still believing the: "I'll work here for just one more year so I can start my own business" meme

Why is 25 too late? Most mature aged students do far better than fresh hs grads

Work is indeed the new praying towards our capitalism god Economy.

One can use bosses capital, do a better job than boss, and muscle out said boss. It depends on what you do. Free to succeed, free to fail. It's all on you.

>I'm too old to do this!
>25

LaughingOldMen.gif

>tfw 24 and never worked a day in my life.

I already feel dead inside.

In a meritocracy only the motivated and most talented thrive. If you fail, then you decay. It's okay--not everyone will/can thrive, but at least you tried. There is honor in that. At least your conscience will be tranquil.

Truly disabled deserve a safety net for minimal living in their own little bubble.

>Speaks of work and its merits
>Posts simple pictures of regular albeit necessary jobs
Do not delude yourself to think that the act of work itself is a inherently virtuous thing, lest you be consumed by the materialism inherent in our American society that dilutes a Humans worth to the amount of basic labour he can provide. Many can work to help fix the worlds issues without engaging in simple labour. Where would be had Diogenes not enlightened the world?

But they do all the time, it all depends on if you save up or not.

>Work is godliness
Couldn't agree more. Some of us even work 3 or 3 jobs.
There's the lifting, the vlogging and running a successful online store selling Tshirts and coffee mugs. That reminds me, there's the marketing as well so be sure to drop on buy.

no thanks

Good goy!

I used to think like that and I have a good work ethic but nowadays I feel way too pessimistic to want to work like that. The government takes way too much from my check and it will only get worse. I dunno, I kinda want to go on welfare and just live in a trailer. I don't feel obligated to support the importation of 3rd world democrat voters through the redistribution of my taxes.

>tfw I just finished up my Industrial organization final
>mfw that was the hrdest shit ever
>tfw im basically graduated from college now

Feels kinda good man

Clean your barrel dickhead

Get out there and sell what you can do for capitalists. Earn your keep and you'll soon own some capital. Better than living like a decaying slug. There is no alternative.

> working for shitskins

>leaf arguments

Yes, everything you do is work, just the products are different, skills earned differ, and the end result benefits different clients.

you are never to old buy a book for the thing want to do and start a project
product of your work > diploma

leech

Choose a job that will shape your personality into the direction of your dreams.
bai Dobri, legend

t. someone who hasnt working in O&G

you work your absolute ass off for at least 12 hours a day, usually 21 days in a row followed by 7 days off. during this time youre staying in a camp in the middle of nowhere with fast food restaurant-tier wifi if youre lucky, and some dumbbells if its incredibly fancy

from the moment you get off work to the time you go to sleep, there is very little to do at all

Idle hands are the devil's playground.