Defund Public Libraries?

Why the fuck are these things still funded by the government? Does anyone actually use these anymore except homeless people using the free wifi? I don't know anyone that has visited one in the last decade or more.

What arguments are there against privatising libraries and reducing taxes? It's a huge fucking waste for these libraries to buy books that one or two people are going to use.

I'm thinking when shit goes south I might break into the local one to save some of the valuable books.
If an EMP strike wipes all electrical data, it would be necessary to have a hard copy...I see this as one of the few things worth fighting to protect.

camwhores use them

If they define them, they just wont be able to buy new books. There hasn't been quality in books for decades now, do I figure nothing is lost.

Kek that proves how deserted they are. People can literally get away with masturbating in full view on camera in there.

>wanted to work at library because I enjoy books, learning, research, etc
>spent 99% of my day signing in Quantisha and her five chirren to use our public computers and re-signing them every hour

>parasite class literally plundering the country, at least half the taxes are just straight up stolen
>lets blame it on the poor people programs that use up 0.0001% of the budget

makes sense

>What arguments are there against privatising libraries and reducing taxes

Go fuck a sheep you idiot and while you are at it, learn how things really work

>rich people are bad

Literal Communists are on Sup Forums. What's the fuck.

I do have a fucking clue and I know this shit isn't "free". I happen to dislike having my money wasted on things that aren't being used.

It's culture.

Chinks use them. It's a good place to study, better than Starbucks or the place you share with roommates.

I think we can do without this "culture"

ITT:

Thunderfaggot reminds us why "gas the kikes" is alive and well today.

saged for culling the retarded

you fucking classist retard, i didnt say a word about rich people or attack rich people

I go to the library pretty often because I read a lot
I'm not quite sure how you could privatize libraries, because even now they're run at a deficit, but if you could figure out how to then I'd be ok with it.
Can you explain how you would privatize it and A) keep the quality of service the same and B) make it profitable?

bump for answer

Make a "learning" taxe of every compagny. Almost all of the correct science come from books, and it s impossible to learn from other sources except an expert which isbpretty expensive.
If you cut the possibily to get educate for free to everyone how our model is equal? A science book cost minimum 50euros. How the fuck as a poor student are you suppose to book 10 per years .

Maybe you are one of the retard who learn everything from the onternet but when you have to land a rocket on the moon it would be difficult

>make a learning tax
At best, taxes are misused for things that they shouldn't be, but are still used for a good cause. At worst, taxes are used simply to line the pockets of the government. Taxation is not the answer
>maybe you're one of the retards who can learn everything from the internet
How does being able to learn shit on the internet, which is free, make anyone a retard?

>Shaniqua and her 7 kids spend 8 hours a day trolling social media looking for new baby daddys
>Her kids must be so smart they spend all day at the library

fair enough, nobody uses libraries for anything that I'm aware of.

The libraries I have been to have been pretty decent. They sell some of their books and I used to get my text books there for cheap. Instead of buying a $300 text book, I would go to my library and buy the same one or one of an older version for a dollar. I still go to the library once in a while for general information.

The answer is yes a lot of people use the. A lot of libraries here have been successful in attracting people by hosting lots of different events and operating as small community centers. I live in a large urban city in the north east and the libraries are relatively full during business hours. On top of that, when I visit libraries in the suburbs they have longer open hours (open weekdays till 9PM) and they are so full I can never find a place to sit down.

I've observed that suburban whites of all age groups put libraries to great use. In the city poor people use them as daycare, but people still come to use them. I don't know why but urbanites don't appreciate them as much.

It's a local matter write a letter to city hall

Where else would all these useless gov employees work? Someone has to sit in those chairs all day and get paid more than an engineer.

When is the last time you've been to a public library OP? Go to your local one this weekend then come back and tell us no one uses them.

I don't like public libraries much either. Not one book I've been interested in was on their shelves. Have designated gay pride shelves and similar shit taking up half the library. Place is full of niggers and feminists and the place isn't particularly comfy.

Libraries are dope mine has a crap ton of comic books/Manga

I still use the library. Why don't you read more ya cunt?

Most libraries are basically after school daycare anymore. Use to do a lot of work at my local library till they started catering to shithead kids and their deadbeat parents.

They lost most of their donors when they got rid of most of the reference section/non-fiction section and bought a HD tv and gaming console to make a "learning" area for these brats.

I doubt it will survive another two years.

Libraries actually serve a useful purpose, with the archival of information. Where do you think those images of pre-WWII newspapers with articles about muh 6 million came from? Libraries. You won't find that on Amazon...

Cost wise it's a drop in the bucket to run a climate controlled building with shelves.

> privatizing libraries

Who in their right fucking mind sees a library as a sound business investment?

Not public libraries. Public libraries are like tv.

You are pure niggatry OP.

Libraries are an excellent place to read, something that is sorely lacking in modern society. They provide a relatively quiet shelter in which one can study, read, write, research, learn and communicate with others. They have many old books, newspapers, magazines and other print media which are all but impossible to find and contain plenty items worthy of note as points out.

It is true that homeless and niggers have recently been mucking them up, but is there any aspect of society free from the pernicious negro influence? Frequent trips to the library are a greater boon to children's development than almost anything else outside of family bonds. If you instill a love of reading and learning in kids from a young age they will retain it for the rest of their lives.

>Have designated gay pride shelves and similar shit taking up half the library.

This is why women don't deserve the vote.

They purposefully remove enlightening books and keep gay autobiographies. Yeah, I'm sure you'll learn a lot there. What you mean is an archive, which isn't accessible to the public. Public libraries are designed to alter people's minds in a specific direction just like TV.

>I'm a delusional idiot
Stop with the conspiracy theories. Where I live the main library has tons of religious texts, and alternative thinking. And lots of autobiographies from gay people.

It just depends on the area of the world you live in. But for the most part the people who run libraries aren't bigoted right wing ass nuts who would only choose certain books.

Libraries are a source of information that people think the internet works like, but doesn't. Also, in most university or the major public libraries they have information and books you'll never be able to find anywhere else.

I agree with you except for
>right wing ass nuts
Maybe you haven't been paying attention lately but for the past 10-15 years it isn't the right trying to ban things.

The right wing encompasses fundamentalism, a major part of being in the right. I was a little vague. But throughout history right ideologies have suppressed and even outright purged literature more than left.

Sounds like a mini representation of Sweden.

I borrow ebooks pretty regularly because carrying around paper books is dumb

Why do right wing retards hate education and knowledge so much is it so it creates more right wing retards?