The Handmaid's Tale

Anyone watching this? I'm on the third episode and the shit is hilarious. The libshits can't understand that by trying to show what in their view would happen with extreme conservatism, they are just showing plainly their degeneracy.

youtube.com/watch?v=PJTonrzXTJs

>In a dystopian near-future, the totalitarian and Christian fundamentalist government of Gilead rules the former United States amidst an ongoing civil war. Society is organized along a new, militarized, hierarchical regime of Bible-inspired social and religious fanaticism and newly-created social classes, in which women are brutally subjugated, and by law are not allowed to work, own property, control money, or read. Widespread infertility due to warfare-induced environmental contamination has resulted in the conscription of the few remaining fertile women — called Handmaids, according to Biblical precedent — who are assigned to the homes of the ruling elite, where they must submit to ritualized sex with their male masters in order to become pregnant and bear children for those men and their wives.

>The main character, Offred (Moss), is the Handmaid assigned to the home of Gileadan Commander Fred Waterford (Fiennes) and his former-televangelist wife Serena Joy (Strahovski), and as such is subject to the strictest rules and constant scrutiny; an improper word or deed on her part can lead to her execution. Offred, who is named after her male master like all Handmaids, can remember the "time before", when she was married with a daughter and had her own name and identity, but all she can safely do now is follow the rules of Gilead in the hope that she can someday live free and reunite with her daughter.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid's_Tale
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dude the evil Christians are coming for us!

Laughable.

wtf I love christians now

I was going to start a thread about this. Yeah it's pretty easy to see through their libshit agenda. Normies lack the ability to see through it so it's just more brainwashing as usual.

>muuh rape
>muuh slut shaming
>muuh oppression

top kek - the show

>the totalitarian and religious fundamentalist government
>amidst an ongoing civil war. Society is organized along a new, militarized, hierarchical regime of religion-inspired social and religious fanaticism and newly-created social classes, in which women are brutally subjugated, and by law are not allowed to work, own property, control money, or read. >warfare-induced environment has resulted in the conscription of fertile women who are assigned to the homes of the ruling elite, where they must submit to ritualized sex with their male masters in order to become pregnant and bear children for those men and their wives.
>subject to the strictest rules and constant scrutiny; an improper word or deed on her part can lead to her execution.

Somehow the plot feels familiar. It's like I've read stories like this before in real life

Check out the novel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid's_Tale

I was being sarcastic. The story would be more believeable if it was in the middle east is what I was trying to point out.

Ah I gotcha. Well, we know muslims are at the top or near the top of the sjw ladder, so only white men are capable of doing this stuff, surely not the poor arabs

>few remaining fertile women
>an improper word or deed on her part can lead to her execution
>no problem making a scarce resource even scarcer
Great writing faggots

I read the book and it was awful. The author clearly didnt have the IQ necessary to write the kind of book she wanted to write. Zero understanding of humanity and social dynamics. She should take lessons from houellebecq.

Submission is a 10/10 history of the future

More like Depression/10. But yeah the guy is a gifted observer of human weakness. Whereas the author of this book has never truly observed anything that didnt immediately relate to herself.

A librarian once recommended me to this in high school Didn't realize it was feminazi propaganda. Explains a lot.

They should've made a series based on Oryx and Crake, much better book with more relevancy to current events [spoiler]especially with the pedophilia and all[/spoiler]

that's what they can expect when islam wins

Desu the novel is not that feminazi, the show is full on propaganda tho. It's like the lefties saw an opportunity to pump some more propaganda and dialed it to 11.

my friends had to read it in hs for english class. of course the author is a fucking leaf

I was forced to read the book back in high-school - I threw it in the fucking trash right after the final test for it. It wasn't only boring as fuck, the story was just awful. If anything will force you to rebel and go full 1488 against (((them))) it will be this.

That's absolutely retarded and not at all how societies change

It's like nobody has read a history book

>having to explain to my niece that the men in black garb are actually the good guys.

blame the feminist Margaret Atwood that wrote the garbage

It's really disgusting.

Strongest narrative to attack it is calling it out as the feminist rape fantasy that it is.

Is it worthwhile reading? I don't care about MUH LEFT PROPAGANDA as long as the plot and the universum is interesting.

So pretty much V for Vendetta again. Why are they so keen on reviving shitlib butthurt from the 1980s?

I had to read that piece of shit for a basic English class in college. Dropped it about a chapter in because it was so retarded and took calculus instead.

Tough question. I don't like the author's writing style at all, but the novel has some ideas and world building, plus I'm a sucker for alternate history/speculative future novels.

I would put it like this - if you are a big fan of the genre then give it a try, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

I am watching this well made series with my daughter and using it to redpill her about Islam by drawing comparisons.

Read the book, yuroshitlet.

I wonder if you can read in addition to writing?

What a bunch of fundy wackos pull of a coup/junta - maybe the whole infertility plague gives that movement some credibility and causes sufficient unrest to make their martial law or whatever seem legit for a time, then they implement a theocracy with rules designed to keep their hold on power. Looks like Afghanistan or Iran some shit.

Man, whenever liberals try to write dystopian fiction I always tend to find it more utopian than anything.

I mean God forbid women fulfill their biological obligation like they've done every single generation since the dawn of man besides the few generations of the past century. What a nightmare that would be, you know, things being normal for once.

This. The plot was pretty reasonable until this line.

Absolutely not worth the time.

>using it to redpill her about Islam by drawing comparisons.
Nice. Hope you redpill her about niggers and jews too someday. Best wishes for your based family.

>in which women are brutally subjugated, and by law are not allowed to work, own property, control money, or read

>It's a "Jews frame white people as the bad guys and basically what Muslims do." Episode

Margaret Atwood has been writing "feminist" fiction for many years and she's very good at it. Her books are worth reading just for the sublime texture of the wordplay contained within. One thing that distinguishes her from mainstream (women can do no wrong) feminism is that she sees all people, women included, as being totally capable of being fucked up pieces of shit. What makes he work "feminist" is not that her work is constructed like a cheap morality play meant to illustrate some ideological tenet, but that she writes with a distinctly feminine perspective, which can be uncomfortable reading for male readers unable to empathize.

The TV show is most definitely going to strip the subtlety out of the book and present the content in a typically 2-dimensional propagandistic way. You can probably infer why.

To be fair, a fertile woman is caught having a lesbian relationship, but because she is fertile, they just cut her clit off so sex is no longer pleasurable.

The Blind Assassin >>>

We read this in school.

I'm absolutely sure the series will butcher the meaning of the book, which was definitely anti-feminism at the time since it portrayed a matriarchy of upper class women subjugating the lower caste "handmaidens".

From Goypedia:

>Yet others have argued that The Handmaid's Tale critiques typical notions of feminism, as Atwood's novel appears to subvert the traditional "women helping women" ideals of the movement and turn toward the possibility of "the matriarchal network ... and a new form of misogyny: women's hatred of women".[35] In a similar vein, Atwood's own work may suggest that "'excessive' feminism" was partially responsible for creating some of the negative attitude towards sex in the Republic of Gilead

All that nuance will be lost on TV as just muh evil right wing dictatorship

That one is going to take more subtlety, but I am working on it..

She's a shitty feminist. Read Sofi Oksanen is you want to read a "good" feminist. "Purge" and "When the Doves Disappeared" are actually good, believable stories and almost Dostoevsky-esque in their writing.

this actually seems a lot like muslim culture in the middle east

>implying the darkies would be kept for breeding
nah.

They kill the infertile lez and just cut off the clit of the fertile one. And they take eyes and hands and whip the soles of feet but leave the womb intact.

Hulu is taking inspiration from the shit on sad panda now?

I've never heard of this or the book it's based on before, but isn't this basically what Islamic societies do in real life?

I'm sure the irony is lost on the author, as the thought probably never even occurred to them.

>Literally Sharia Law
Isn't this what libs want

NTR master race?

I was referring to those "world in which women are all slaves" doujins.

NTR is bad, and you should feel bad for liking it.

kek he probably jerked off every night thinking about how he was sticking it to those stupid conservatives

>random twitter user tells him he's accidentally created islam
>hfw

>He.

Is this a 50 Shades of Grey thing?

Like women are getting of on the thought of being controlled and dominated. I watched the first episode and the part where the chick is getting fucked while the wife watches made me think this is directed at women for erotic purposes.

>women are brutally subjugated, and by law are not allowed to work, own property, control money, or read
>in this fictional world, this is caused by Christianity, not Islam

It's just embarrassing how out of touch these Hollywood leftists are. They might as well live in a different universe.

So, it's basically modern-day Saudi Arabia but with Christians.

Really activates those almonds.

Islam is just a mutation of Christianity

#Not all Republic of Gileadians.

>hollywood leftists
>out of touch

They know exactly what they're doing.