Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.445dc0f4df51

WHAT THE ACTUALLY FUCK HAPPEN IN USA !?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/864436162567471104?p=v
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

How are you this tardy to the party? WaPo's only source, Defense Secretary McMasters (who was in the goddamn room) said the entire thing was made up. WaPo BTFO eternally once more.

Also, sage

trumb

The President has the authority to unilaterally disclose any material, even the most top secret intelligence.
This is a non-story.

I'm sure everyone who refused to vote for Hilary because of her emails is absolutely livid about this.

>Trump LEAKS highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
>non-story
pick one

What did BLUMPH reveal?
What exactly did he reveal that the Russians found useful?
Is this another fake story?

Why? He's the president, he can do whatever he wants with what his employees tell him.
Was Clinton president at the time?

SAGE, just another SLIDE THREAD.

make sure the real news (Seth Rich) stays at the top

>WaPo's only source
You're lying. NYT and Buzzfeed independently confirmed it. Trump himself admitted it on twitter.

The shills are on all cylinders today.
wowzers

Just because it's not illegal doesn't mean it has no consequences. He potentially compromised a foreign intelligence source. Do you really think countries are going to want to share stuff with us when they know our president is too stupid to keep his mouth shut? Hopefully the IC will just keep him out of the loop from now on.

Supposedly he revealed the existence of an agent or intelligence source in a city in Syria. Apparently it's some other country, maybe the UK or something, that owns this source.

You mean fake news?

Yes "classified" information about ISIS developing laptop bombs that the MSM has been reporting on for ages.

They are here at the same time the Seth rich story broke
The dnc murder is probably true if they are in shill overdrive

this is a sageblue thread

We don't actually know what he leaked.

>Is this another fake story?
IT"S FUNKING REAL YOU RETARD

mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/864436162567471104?p=v

>it's not top secrete if the president discloses the information
Fucking brain dead europoors

>Source: Washingtonpost

SAGE

Your mum got 2 skeeewpzzz of Trump's cream

Read the story, retard. He revealed the city where as previously unknown intelligence asset working in Syria was located. Now the Russians will pass that onto the Syrians or whoever.

It literally doesn't matter. From the WaPo article itself:
"As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law."

check out the SETH RICH story, now that's some crazy shit

This is great. Russia is an ally and will take out ISIS for Trump.

5D CHESS MASTER STRIKES ONCE AGAIN

>previously unknown

How do you know that? How does WaPoo know that?

Because someone that was in the room and familiar with this intel leaked it to them. Barely anyone in his admin has loyalty to Trump.

Not illegal =/= doesn't matter. This will affect how our allies view us and the probability of them sharing intel in the future.

Trump is the fat kid who can't keep a secret if his life depended on it.

woah. really makes you think

>It's not illegal!
>But it is incredibly stupid and damag...
>LALALA NOT ILLEGAL!!!

Trump is playing a 1D chess game against himself. And somehow he's losing...

Sage in all fields

>Sharing information about ISIS

>(((HIGHLY DAMAGING INFORMATION!!!))) GOYIM!!!

It's the same salt that we've seen since the day Trump became President.

8 years of Trump is going to happen too.

Pretty sure it did mean that the president should be disclosing intelligence to another foreign power like it was cheap candy to give out without ....thinking......like that should have been a no-brainer.

Sounds like the Clinton defense

>let's put out a hitpiece that can never be completely proven or disproven so CNN and MSNBC can talk about it forever
fake & gay

>based off an anonymous source I'm supposed to take at full value

I know Trump talks off the cuff a lot, but why should I trust a news org that is clearly anti-trump?

>BREAKING NEWS!! Obama caught wiretapping Trumps chess game
kek

No the Clinton defense is

>She didn't mean to
>But it's still illegal and dangero...
>LALALA SHE DIDN'T MEAN TO!!!

The president has the authority to declassify anything at a moment's notice. You're a fucking retard.

>>But it is incredibly stupid and damag...

Is it though?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Trump continues to impress everybody with his astounding lack of intelligence and common sense.

It's probably 37D Backgammon though.

ITT faggots who have no fucking clue how classified information and intelligence is handled
Sup Forums is just filled with autists who think theyre smart, isnt it?

>Yo Lavrov, we know Moscow is about to get bombed by IS, fyi you know

>Yo Lavrov, I know Moscow just got bombed by IS and shit, and we knew all about it before it was going to happen but it was classified, sorry

Now which one would people like the president to do more?

>buzzfeed

aint they happy ?

Did anyone actually read the article beyond the headline?

>For almost anyone in government, discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law.

> Independently confirmed

Both of those rags just cite WaCompost. Nice try though shareblue.

serves him right. fuck SETH. he was behaving like a nigger.

It's not illegal. But you know what is illegal?

Murder.

Oh? They name their sources, right? No? They just report on the Washington Post article? Oh jeez.

So that leaves the score 1 named source against, 0 for.

Is the as bad as the two scoops of ice cream?
I need someone to tell me how outraged I should be, cause I'm not feeling anything

>adversary

But are not both countries fighting together the same enemy? With multiple intelligence sharing mechanics active? Trump stated himself the point was to increase Russians share of the action, no one would want more action from an adversary.

The issue isn't that it was illegal you fucking tards, the issue is that it is a profoundly fucking stupid thing for the president to do. Even now NATO and officers in the IC are complaining about how they can't trust the current administration with literally anything important because Trump will just regurgitate it back to the first person who meets him in private. This incident torpedoed the USA's capacity to share and receive intel with it's allies for the forseeable future. Not to mention how it betrays a supreme disconnect between Trump and his own advisors, as he throws his own spokespeople under the bus immediately after they try their hardest to save him from himself. Even the Kremlin was trying to cover for him, but Trump just had to open his mouth to say "Yeah I totally did it lol." People who defend such an idiotic move with AT LEAST HE CAN'T BE THROWN IN JAIL FOR IT are missing the point extra hard.

Russia is not the USA's ally. Putin has made it clear in both words and actions that his goal is to expand the sphere of Russian influence as far as he can take it, and he doesn't give a fuck if this means taking influence from the West. In fact, that is often preferable. His foreign policy objectives run contrary to those of the US and it's allies, and so even though they fight a common enemy in the middle east, they are not friends.

Yup. Either you're larpimg or shit posting there's no in between anymore.

Nigga you're talking to trump worshippers the fuck you expect? Rand Paul it should have been you!

Is it safe to say that Fat Kim also got few tips from Tromp?

WHOLLY APPROPRIATE

YOU DUMB FAGGOT

>"Yeah I totally did it lol."

The point is that the information was sanitized and shared for a good enough purpose that lying about sharing it would give it the false perception that what he did could be seen as something wrong. Openly confirming it means he truly believe what he did was correct.

Do you have trouble reading? The president can reveal whatever he deems necessary to reveal in the interest of national security

Yeah and it's not illegal so I guess stay mad?

>Official scheduled meeting behind closed doors
>Leaked

Pick one.

You just know it too as fucked up as trump is the democrats are just as fucked up lol

No, the information WASN'T sanitized for general dissemination, that is why the entire intelligence community is freaking the fuck out over Trump doing this, and furthermore you shouldn't have to sanitize all your intelligence before handing it off to the COMMANDER IN CHIEF on the off-chance that he might casually leak it to improper ears on a whim.

Furthermore, excusing these actions by saying that Trump decided that it was appropriate is dumb because the issue at hand is that Trump's judgement of what is "appropriate" to share in the first place is bad, or even nonexistent.

trump is revenge for ron paul, how long have you been here

NATO is a paper tiger that the eu uses to get free defense at our expense

Fuck NATO I hope it falls apart

Giving out information that you shouldn't have is a leak regardless of the context in which the leak took place. Trump stopping one of his public speeches to say that 9/11 was an inside job would still be a leak if it wasn't what he was there to talk about.

>open Sup Forums
>ctrl+f "Russia"
>47 results

Also i find the situation crazy where Trump apparently warned Russia of some terrorist plot, and every western newspapers bashes him for "sharing info with Russia".

>the intelligence community

You mean this massive web of praetorian gaurd meets KGB operatives that have total control over our political system to the point that they can chose to take out a president if they wish and maybe even killed Kenedy.

Yeah, I don't give a fuck about the intelligence community none of it even exsisted a century ago and I'm more and more of the oppinion that it causes more damage than good.

We should probably get rid of the CIA, NSA and shrink the FBI desu

>Thailand
..........Stop....Just fucking STOP.

>spy networks didn't exist a century ago
Wew lad. Spies were, are, and always will be the most important factor in determining foreign policy.

Wew lad pic fucking related

We probably could roll all those into a single roll controalble department.

There is a difference between having spies and having a vast unaccountable intelligence beurocracy

You're a fucking retard.

When will this veritable clown be impeached? The right time was months ago already, but better late than never.

No serious politician can tolerate this burning Trumpster fire for much longer. He's endangering U.S. national security and alliances.

>implying any trump supporter will change his mind

I just wait for the happenings, and they are almost guaranteed

Really? Do you have any idea how much damage and illegal activity these agencies have done over the last 60 years?

It's disgusting

It's the reactions to trump that are causing problems, so blame he media for it if anything, they turn non stories into scandals and spin hysterical conspiracies

what is the governing body responsible for determining whether information is "classified" or not?

I'll wait...

Other countries will hesitate to share intel with us if the president haphazardly reveals our intel to non-friendly foreign leaders.

It's not a conspiracy if Trump goes on his twitter account and straight-up admits to everything that the media was accusing him of doing (despite his administration vehemently denying those same actions). Now it's just fact.

Wow way to miss the point, retard.

>intelligence agencies: Hey boss, here's some information that we don't think that you should share with anyone

>Trump: AY YO VLADIMIR, LISTEN TO THIS

>White House officials involved in the meeting said Trump discussed only shared concerns about terrorism.

>“The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed, and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

>McMaster reiterated his statement in a subsequent appearance at the White House on Monday and described the Washington Post story as “false,” but did not take any questions.

>In their statements, White House officials emphasized that Trump had not discussed specific intelligence sources and methods, rather than addressing whether he had disclosed information drawn from sensitive sources.

We do not know what was given to the US and how much of it was then shared with Russia.

>the president can't talk to the foreign minister of Russia about military matters in Syria

Why do you fags keep acting like this is a problem

>inb4 you'd be mad if it was hillary

No I wouldn't it's the presidents fucking job tomdo that shit

You're a but late. The white house already had a press briefing where they said "Nuh uh."

We're all swallowing that now and not questioning a single thing about it.

We are missing the point that it is totally allowed, even if taboo ?

Just because you're allowed to do it doesn't make it a good idea. I am allowed to destroy my life with alcoholism without going to prison, but nobody would say that that's the right thing to do.

>even if taboo
taboos are taboo for good reason.

>tfw you're a field operative whose cover has been blown by the President

So your basically just saying "I don't like it, it's a bad idea".

Okay I think your wrong. But I suppose have a nice day

More cover-up of Seth Rich murder by the DNC

>taking McMaster's damage control at face value after he was publicly exposed as a liar by the President himself

>implying that giving classified intel to Russia (in any context) is a good idea

I don't think you understand the word leak. If he unclassified the information, gave the information as sitting president, which big shocker he can do as president. Then there is nothing leaked.

The fact that it was a bad idea isn't up for debate. What Trump did would be grounds for court martial if his rank was any lower than the Commander in Chief. It is grounds for court martial because giving classified intelligence to a non-allied nation is fucking stupid.

But his rank is commander and chief you stupid shill

He has the broad athaurity to share intell with Russia if he thinks it's good for them to know

And no amount of being butthurt or paranoia about Russians is going to change that

Drumpf voter here, but honestly we cant have him revealing in front of election hacking ambassadors.

Trump: "Our sources in Raqqa say ISIS plan to use laptop bombs to blow up planes".

Lavrov: "We know, you banned laptops on flights some time ago".

US media: "TREASON. CLASSIFIED SECRITS. RUSSIAGATE. IMPEACH HIM".

The (((fourth estate))), ladies and gentlemen.

wow way to not answer the questions retard

just admit that you don't want us sharing info with the russians that may thwart an attack by Obama's ISIS army

Trump has no concept on what constitutes appropriate intelligence to share because he's a reality TV host who has never dealt with military policy in his life. His judgement is worthless