Based Peterson

And its like, yeah? Well, good luck with THAT!

Other urls found in this thread:

senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20170517/-1/6813
sencanada.ca/en/Committees/LCJC/NoticeOfMeeting/452816/42-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And that's THAT!

Lobster Heirarchies are no big deal until you find yourself in one, then you bloody well shut up and isten, or you'll find yourself on the outside. And the outside of the lobster heirarchy, that's no place you want to be.

But that's another rabbit hole that I'm not sure we'll have time to get into.

Wake up, man!

You wanna go save your father and fight the dragon, and bring the gold back to your tribe? Really? People say that to me all the time, man.

You've got another thing coming, BUCKO

I love Peterson and Petersonisms

i think the snake from the adam and eve story is a really interesting character

And hey, it's funny, in Dostoyevsky you can read about just how the society was turning towards Nihilism and...
>Gets distracted, 20 minute tangent about postmodernism.
and so YEAH, that's what Dostoyevsky was talking about!

PINOCCHIO

Man, this is NO JOKE

good shit

You rate a philosopher by his memes. Good or Ill.
And Peterson memes are fucking top quality.

>2016+1
>He doesn't have his Peterson lectures saved to MP3 and listen to them as he does things
You've gotta take a good look at your life, man, take the shit all within it and just sort it out.

K E K

>And Peterson memes are fucking top quality.

no joke

>mfw I download and watch Peterson lectures on the train-ride to Uni and work
It's pretty comfy lads

could someone dump all the peterson lecture mp3s in a torrent or on internet archive for easy download?

Because the lights are on and the heating works and you're clothed and you're actually listening to the person at the front of the room, which is a game by the way, instead of ripping each other apart LIKE DAMNED CHIMPANZEES BECAUSE YOU'RE BARELY BETTER THAN THAT ANYWAYS, sheesh!

Underrated

>He doesn't know how to line up YouTube downloads to mp3

LEL
E
L

Does Harris have any equivalent memes besides the semantics about HOT?

i do but i cant be fucked doing it

>Harris
LMAO
Who cares besides /theunsorted/, and who cares what they think?

I'm not digging through weeks of material to find it, so in plain fucking english, can someone explain what "rescue your father" means?

FUCKING
WHEN?
I DON'T EVEN CARE IF ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IS THE ARCHETYPE OF SKIM MILK
WHENWHENWHEN

Is mentioning the Kulaks the best way to gain the moral high ground over dirty gommies?

>wife
>it's just more pictures of Peterson

Well it's no bloody wonder the post-modernists are winning!

Who wins?

Pepe vs Peppy

It isn't good, because society must be sick for that to happen. There are continuing themes in his lectures and the sickness of society is one of them.

i'm glad peterson recently began to address the potential issue with the term "dominance hierarchy" and how the dominance part of it can easily be interpreted as postmodernist/marxist sort of "power". i've been thinking about that a lot so its good that he's finally addressed it

There's this

Do the damn work. Sort yourself out.
You can't expect other people to do it for you.

You are a historical creature.
The history you share with people like you is your culture.
Your culture is old, dead, but has something worth saving.
Your father is your progenitor and the phenomenological representation of your culture
In order to become a real person, you have to salvage the good bits of your culture and revitalize them.
The Underworld is where chaos, elder gods but innumerable treasure awaits
You navigate the Underworld by speaking the truth (logos)
Your figurative father lives there.
You have to rescue your father from the underworld to guarantee that your existence as a real person, and not just a puppet

basically it means you get to fuck a virgins from what i read

have you btfo any marxist today, Sup Forums?

do your part!

With every generation the values of the father resets back to 0. So what do we as a new generation do? Do we attempt to reinvent the wheel, or resume where they left off? Improve off the traditions and culture we are left with?

Revitalization of values while respecting and maintaining the ones we already have without outright destroying them is the continuing cycle of humanity and traditional manhood at large.

You really should get into the man, unlike many other teachers he makes the information and perspective fascinating to at least consider.

But to sum up RESCUE YOUR FATHER, it essentially means when you've gone through your edgy adolescent phase when you've realized that your authority figure, be it your parents or civilization, is flawed and you think in your arrogance you can do better or even that it is worthless.

To rescue your father means you go back and 'save' civilization, save yourself. You begin to appreciate the things left to you, what it was and why it was, and will try to preserve it. Without becoming a slave or ideologue to it. You find what was good and do your best to fix the bad, preserving it for one generation more and not running from your responsibilities like a jack-ass on pleasure island.

All of that made sense yet I'm still not quite sure what it means. As in REALLY means.

I have to think on this.

Oh atheism, harmless is it? it starts with snide remarks and ends with the Soviet government putting up signs reminding people in the ukraine it is wrong to eat their children.

If you mention the Holodomer and they have no clue what it was, even though it far surpasses even the highest estimates for the Holocaust, then you know what manner of beast you are talking to.

Rescuing your father means accepting the (father) culture and (mother) nature that your human parents attempted to instill in you. You rescue your father from the whale when this sinks in and you become less of a braying jackass (you shed ignorance, and do what is right over what is easy.) Essentially the journey into adulthood

I started watching some rare JBP videos and found a talk he did about overfishing in the oceans. IT'S NO JOKE, man.

Seriously though I'm probably going to write my congresscritters and tell them to get that shit under control.

>mfw atheists try and deflect Stalinism as a religion we dindu nuffin Ukranians well-fed nobody like those churches anyway

i saw that one recently, blew my mind. it showed a different side to him.

eh I like Peter but the muh drugs shit is getting old

I like these threads.

Clean your room.

>mfw soon there won't be any whales to save your father from
IT'S
NO
JOKE

>Peterson, don't do that face, you look like a monster

A Monster? You're in the Monster's lair, bucko!

And MONSTERS. HAVE. GOLD.

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

I find it refreshing, even if I actually disagree with him on some vital points. It is a relief to see at least one man try to preach basic restraint in a room full of degenerates with many excuses.
Now if only I could practice what he preached.

They are the same thing but what's wrong with power?

I wonder if I can afford to dress like that

Stop.
Being.
Agreeable.

One thing I would like to hear from Peterson is the benefit of being low in conscientiousness. These traits have their plus and negatives, but when it comes to conscientiousness I have a hard time seeing the benefit of having little of it.

I score very low on that metric, and I just can't see how it's useful at all. What I have read can be summed up as "if you're in a really shitty situation, it's better to be low in conscientiousness"....But conscientious people are more likely to prepare in advance for such situations.

I am also very high in openness, I score around 85%. So I'm literally le smart but lazy type of personality.

To what degree is it possible to change? I just spent the last 2 hours cleaning my damn apartment and its still filthy.

maybe if you studied for 40+ years then you can casually walk into a room and get called a nazi then thrown out.

I think perterson mentions in one of his videos, I don't remember which one but high openness relates to lower IQ.

As in, people who don't like to think, who just let everything kinda be as it is, people who don't prefer segregation, Order (important) and structure will be on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of IQ than someone who does prefer all the points I mentioned.

also
>smarter than everyone
>typical 105-115 IQ mindset

Thinking back almost brings a tear to my eye chaps.

I remember the day I first saw Jordon Peterson timidly failing to get his point across to a group of mentally ill students who attend his university. "Such an impressive display of academic wisdom" I thought to myself. Then I saw him run the gauntlet of interviews and talks over the web saying vaguely conservative things, I was almost ready to fall to his feet and kiss them.

Then, gentlemen, then he told me to sort myself out. "Genius!" I thought, "Why didn't I think of that?!" I was deeply moved by this paradigm shift in my thought pattern and it changed my life by no small margin. I showered for the first time in 5 years. I actually talked to someone who isn't my parents for the first time in my life. I could feel a new man being born inside me at the tender age of 35, and it was all thanks to this diamond in the rough, this unsung hero of philosophy who definitely isn't just a typical, educated cuckservative normie; he was a newborn GIANT of philosophy to me now.

I saved all the best Peterson memes. Clean your room, sort yourself out, etc. I have them all. He's obviously one of the smartest men who have ever lived, right up there with styx.

They could have a pretty great discussion I would think...I can imagine Peter having a blast with it.

Another one I want to see is Peterson and William Gairdner. You may not have heard of him but he's a very popular conservative author in Canada.

You're wrong. Higher openness generally correlates with higher IQ.

Does Peterson ever talk about emerging technologies, like A.I., automation, VR/AR, 3D printing, and what effect they will have on culture?

105-115 IQ is technically higher IQ.

>CLEAN YOUR ROOM

ITS FUCKING RAW

RAW!!

...and I've studied tyranny, so BELIEVE ME I know.

Briefly he just says things like it's impossible to know the full ramifications of inventions. He used the car and global warming as an example

HEAR YEE

Peterson is speaking at the Canadian Senate today @ 4:15pm EST about C-16

senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20170517/-1/6813

sencanada.ca/en/Committees/LCJC/NoticeOfMeeting/452816/42-1

And that's REAL BAD man. REAL bad.

whoa nice meme

> Higher openness generally correlates with higher IQ.

Right. There's an un-PC psychologist, Satoshi Kanazawa, who has an interesting 'Savannah Hypothesis', that dumb people are afraid of new things, of anything they weren't equipped by sheer evolution to handle, smarter people can handle more novelty and complexity so they take more risks, try more things.

you useless sheeple blindly follow a professor who is a suicidal alcoholic that pops pills every day so he has the will to continue to live his life
his research grants were cut off so is he even a professor anymore? i don't think so - professors don't have to beg for money on patreon like a camwhore

inb4 he needs to drink to deal with losers like you faggots

"father" is a metaphor for the previous culture that is dying. the current culture must incorporate good elements of the previous culture

Fantastic

Yeah, can someone give me a quick rundown on Harris?

He's a cuntbag as I've seen from his Bill Mayer stuff, but what's he actually saying?

Rescuing our "father" is stupid af, our "father" is weak.

un-PC? That sounds like a PC fucking nightmare. Our entire problem with Europe for instance is that "educated" people are afraid of being called Nazis, and they have no in-group preference compared to the out-group, and they don't recognize that they're inviting gibsmedats with fucking SAVAGE TENDENCIES. Why are the "dumb" "redneck" "racists" the ones in the right on this shit? The ones that would actually protect their culture and civilization, and keep moving forward with it?

He has talked about the automation of cars quite a few times, and that it will have a devastating effect on our society, most likely. Saying that "we don't know what's going to happen".

Peterson is another right winged extremist. He is far from "based". He speaks a lot of truths, but most of it is ground in pure speculation. He repeats himself constantly. He's also just wrong about many things.

For instance he genuinely believes people are happiest when they procreate, because biology wills us to do so. It doesn't take much to know how utterly bullshit that belief is. Also, once you've made a family and you aren't happy with it, something is wrong with you and the only way to fix it is to continuously pop SSRIs.

I agree with the guy on some things, but he's pretty much a right wing clown.

>I agree with the guy on some things, but he's pretty much a right wing clown.
clown's are funny
pedumberson is only funny when his name is made fun of

Fundamentally, Harris is a Utilitarian.

The problems with the Utilitarian philosophies are well documented (wikipedia that shit senpai), but Harris believes that many of the problems can be solved through objective measures of the activity of the brain's pleasure and pain centers.

The problem, as Peterson has pointed out, is that what is good for you must not only take now into account, but tomorrow, a year from now, and 30 years from now. It must also take into account your actions on the larger social scale.

A quick and dirty example is that of the addict who is given pleasure from the drug, but their life and the lives of their family are brought down in the long run, also bringing down society in a small way.

>A quick and dirty example is that of the addict who is given pleasure from the drug, but their life and the lives of their family are brought down in the long run, also bringing down society in a small way.
just like pedumberson when he pops SSRI's and almost drinks himself to death to get away from loser like you

Get ready for the bible series where he probably wont even get to the new testament. First lecture of his and we didn't even read the first word of the bible.

Can someone tell me why Sup Forums likes this guy so much

You seem really mad for no reason.

Want to talk about it?

Peterson doesn't understand Canadian law and beyond personality psych he's a dilettante who thinks he's a genius. John N Gray has been saying almost everything Peterson says, just without God and actually understanding Nietzsche. And actually well-written.

he does not drink alcohol

I don't think it's such bullshit - some guy told his son once that he wouldn't know what happiness was until he had children. True, there are happier families and unhappy ones, and some women regret having children. But on average, we were evolved for it and it's good for the species so there has to be some in-built value to it. Otherwise why would people /want/ babies and families in the first place?

But seriously, we can't let this guy get his hands on the nuclear codes

>implying i'm angry
it's pretty passive agressive to tell people how they feel
want to talk about it?

because he almost drank himself to death in the past to get away from losers like you

Canadian law is a farce that empowers the least among you, just as ours does

Tranny faggot I hope you get hit by a bus

HQ

Can we have a podcast with him and styx?

Well there aren't any myths, or bible stories in the New Testament. Jesus' parables maybe.
If you're interested in the Bible as an interesting object, check out Bart Ehrman, he's a New Testament scholar, ex-fundy, writes of current bible scholarship for the wider public.