>be me, sitting in class

>look around

>see 95% of the niggers, pajeets and women type their notes on $3,000 Macbooks

>100% of them are not even typing their notes

>most are browing facebook, twitter, and Instagram

>fuck my life

>everyone tells me I need a laptop for school

>buy laptop, bring it to class

>spent most of the class formatting my word document because we were drawing graphs and formulas

>retained literally 0% of the information that was taught
Why the fuck do people think writing notes with a laptop is superior to pen and paper? Are (((they))) responsible for this?

You can freely copy them, print them, save them, email them. No chance that they get lost or destroyed.

It's just easier.

That being said I still hand write notes since I retain more of the info that way.

Handwritten notes are always superior. It's just morons who have convinced themselves that smart people use computers

Yes this will be a result of some heavy marketing

So many mac fags. Gas the whole room.

wasn't a thing when i went to school, or it wasn't the majority by that point. i think handwritten is superior anyway. pretty cringey when all these people think they're hot shit because they're chattering away on their laptop.

i feel you man, i took software engineering masters and NEVER used my laptop for notes, its not even practical

but most kids there were always with their notepads open, obviously browsing reddit or kikebook

its fucking sad..

why does this image disgust me so much?

I retain no info when I type my notes. Learned this in like 11th grade, so I haven't done it once in college.

>Gas the whole room.
Yes please.....All them mac computers....I can only imagine the horrible smell....

You should see my International Relations lecture, you'd swear the girls in that class were training to be court recorders..

>all those apple symbols

Buy apple stock goyim, to the moon!

You have a laptop, dipshit. Fuck taking notes and record the fucking lecture.
This is why the employed world thinks you college kids are retarded.
You don't fucking think.

If I was taking a more practical thing like engineering I wouldn't ever take out my laptop
I'm in IT though, and its just easier to not use paper

I'm at compsci and on regular classes nobody uses a notebook, and if they do they're probably mailing/browsing facebook/not paying attention.

You visit a university and you bought a laptop because everyone else has one ? I bet you dont even wear a leather jacket, check out this normie xD

writing your notes is the better way of studying. It is less convenient though so that's why i use my laptop

I never take notes, if there's some extra points for attending class then I go in and sleep on the table but that's about it.

I used pen and paper to take notes during my four years at uni. I was probably one of a select few traditionalists in the class. Plus the prof puts the notes up online anyways so it's not like I'm missing out on anything. Also I retain info better with a pen and paper.

Yeah I usually remember more when I write by hand. Not sure why. It's also way easier for drawing diagrams or graphs.

IT isn't CS
It's like comparing home repair to engineering & architecture

>taking notes, ever

tip top kek. Easiest way to spot the shitters at uni.

>be wunderkind
>rarely take notes/mostly doodle
>rarely study
>top score on most test
>often excluded from the curve
>smoke pot everyday
>valedictorian of my college
>never get a B in my academic career
hello brainlets, sorry you guys have to try :^)

my genes are superior

Although that's sometimes a sensible solution, many professors have rules about not being allowed to record their lectures. At my university several of the classes have an online "lecture" where the university records the lectures themselves and then allows a class to be over populated because if the lecture hall only fits 300 students, the online section has no limit. In these classes we aren't allowed to record anything ourselves.

>be me
Worst fate right?

Typing is more efficient for me speaking from experience. I can look at the board or projector and type without looking down too.

>>be wunderkind
>smoke pot everyday

enjoy your schizophrenia later in 30ties

I use pen and paper.
>Did a research paper on it a few years ago. Evidence points towards writing improving your memory of the notes as opposed to typing.

Fuck, that's a lot of normies
gas the whole room

I concur. Nothing of value there.

Taking notes with laptop is easy when you know what to write. They are also easy to share with your friends to increase your social status, but I'd guess you know nothing about that OP.

yeah, I've completely thrown away my life at this point. I'm grad school but I don't really do shit cuz it turns out that being a good test taker is no longer enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

all good though, dropping out with my masters in comp sci and I live in the Bay Area. ready to resign the rest of my 20s to a techie drug-fueled haze

autism alert

It was useful in classes using moder programming languages and examples for me, because I vould type the code formatted on Notepad++ and save it for later. When I was learning z80 assembler though, that was easier to just write. The best thing to do is have a laptop but bring a notebook anyways.

How is this politics?
Pro tip: it's not.

Mods?

you're going to learn that you're a dime-a-dozen in the upper tier tech companies

it'll crush you.

or resign yourself to work at some shitty, middling company where you can feel superior

Thinly veiled "oh my gosh I hate these spoiled liberal kids so much" thread.

good luck mate

Never really saw a use for it, I never really took notes either, my professors would post what textbook pages was being covered in each class and the notes at the beginning of the year. I just read the textbook and did problems before class so I could just sit and listen.

yo

write on paper, take a picture.
This might sound stupid if you aren't taking math courses.

not really worried, I'm a very naturally-talented programmer and I've got a lot of connections. I don't need to be at the top anywhere, just want a /comfy/ $100K+ job where I can go in, do my work, and fuck off on the weekends.

got plenty of other drop-out friends who are worse coders than me who have done the same.

I responded to the wrong person and will see myself out.

Everybody is using a Mac.

really makes you think

To be fair I think the most important thing is being able manage your time and energy.
I know people who take handwritten notes of every single class, study all the time, sleep like 2 hours a day because of it and surprise surprise they fail classes left and right. It's better to be rested and study in your own pace than forcing it.

Pen and paper master race here. I retain info better by writing and you can't doodle in the margins on your computer

>retaining info
>not being able to solve the questions with superior knowledge in first place
Fucking plebs.

"Horse and buggy are far superior to the automobile. Anyone who says otherwise has been brainwashed."

yea, if by studying you mean masturbating, then maybe
there is no university course that you can fail if you put that much work into it

also nobody uses their laptop to take notes, except the fucking assigned note taker (if there is one)

source: I'm taking theoretical physics at a top 10 uni world wide

Its way easier for me to write notes in a notebook instead of typing on my laptop

I mean maybe if I could bring my ducky shine w blue caps to class lol then I could type noteds faster than writing them

People who bring laptops to class when its unnecessary to ,in my experience, use the laptop to mostly to browse the internet and not to take better notes

You need one that can convert to a tablet with a good stylus. ThinkPad x220t is good enough if you're looking for something cheap. It allows you to take hand written notes and store them for easy access.

Currently I'm using One Note for note taking software, but there are others if you're inclined to not use a Microsoft product.

X220 is gud laptop but I would recmend t420 over it , x220 is too small

The vast majority of uni is obsolete except vocational

Then you just do it anyway. And don't tell anyone.

Also, does anybody feel like the quality of higher education is stunted compared to primary School and high school? The subjects are more in depth and complicated for sure, but the teachers barely interact with you and shell out all that fuckin cash.

Nah they just exhaust themselves like crazy. That doesn't help studying at all.

source: because I know people who fucking do this you autist

Xournal on GNU/Linux works just fine
Windows is for CIA niggers who want to voluntarily install spyware
The keyboard is literally the same size

>writing notes
It's like you're not even disseminating the information as it's being told, while it's fresh.

If the class doesn't involve a lot of math, it can be faster to type stuff, and if they release the PowerPoint for the lecture beforehand you can type on the slide show. Typing notes is pretty much essential if you're in a comp sci class so you can get the format of some code correct.

Laptops are also desirable because they take up less space and can be moved faster, and you don't have a lot of space in a dorm.

Bad idea to even try to use it for calculus or engineering though, and you'll probably want to just use a notebook to write notes over notes you already wrote in history and literature classes.

I don't think I could keep myself from getting distracted if I used my laptop for notes. The entire last two generations have severe ADD from being raised on this shit.

Holy shit, desire to beat up and bully is overwhelming. What a faggot.

Whatever is best for you desu. I like taking notes on word because I can ctrl-f and find keywords when looking for shit. I work in IT and I like scribbling shut on paper and leaving it around my desk though.

All the kids at my community college sit on iPhones on fb

Did I say anything about the keybaord? I said the laptop itself was too small

T. Chad

I just assumed
Why would it being too small be bad anyway

Take notes on paper -> transliterate into word processor at home w desktop keyboard that doesn't give your wrist cancer = GOAT note taking

>not reading the book
>not looking at powerpoint slides
This is all you need to do to pass a class, if you got any questions go visit the professor during their office hours.

>That being said I still hand write notes since I retain more of the info that way.

thats the whole point, writing it activates some shit in your brain

Don't hate on the sheep, just sell them shit and take their money.

During the gold rush, those who made themselves wealthy were the merchants who sold shovels and booze.

>tfw still take notes on pen and paper
>tfw feeling like a dinosaur

Handwriting is a lost art

>Unironically buying an Apple laptop
what did they mean by this?
couldn't a college student figure out a way to use the money better? Like, buy a regular laptop and lots of drugs?

>not taking notes with pen and paper
>not having multiple differently colored pens
>not knowing that the act of handwriting engages your brain 10x more
>not knowing it literally saves you time
>not knowing information retention sucks SHIT when taking notes via a computer

fff... all my fellow millennials.

>pen
>not 0.7 mechanical pencil

HERETIC

They see it as a investment, which is stupid
Computers are tools, tools are to be replaced when they don't work as well anymore
That's why I only use thinkpads, they're designed to be reliable tools, and as a bonus you get them super cheap on ebay

Some of my teachers have banned laptops in class for this reason.

lol why is it that these autistic faggots never know how and when to wear a suit?

I like wearing suits but I only wear them when the occasion calls for it, wearing a fucking 3 piece suit for high school is fucking retarded, also you're supposed to take the hat off indoors but I wouldn't expect an autist trying to dress up like his favorite anime edgelord to know this

Please post some evidence backing up your third and fifth point.

I don't want to risk recording the lectures because I saw one kid get caught and he got shit on by the prof who called security and then somebody told me that he got expelled from our university as a result. It's just not worth the risk.

Ya, I agree that higher education is degrading quickly. I think it might be due to the better accessibility for lower class people. The universities see it all as a way to make money. I barely pay attention in my lectures anymore because for the most part I just need to read my textbooks and then I'm good. The profs just rehash the stuff from the textbooks without actually adding anything of substance.

>not writing on pen so that you learn to not make any mistakes
>being ok with anything that allows failure to go unpunished

Pleb

This is so true im a CS major (just for the paper for promotions), and id rather leave the computer for doing actual work, taking notes with pencil and paper definitly feels like it engages gou more and it keep you present, theres a certian disconnect when a computer is involved

Don't use an apple laptop but if you're taking something like engineering especially computer engineering you do yes definitely not want to write everything

I find actually I take notes better on a laptop but you have to not be easily distracted. However if you're taking a bullshit useless degree or some pointless extra -requirement class you might as well just fuck around on your computer

What degree are you even taking?

It's Linux, you freetard. Is it xorg/gnu/xfree86/linux? No.

I find I retain less using hand notes. I've never really liked writing by hand or been very good at it messy as fuck writing etc

t liberal arts major

They're obviously taking a worthless libtard degree. Obvious they're not technology/enginineering/science students

>be 5 years into the workforce
>one day sort through my old notes
>they were accurate amd relevant but i didnt even remember anything i wrote
Its all just to pass the test

Without reading any studies, the only thing that immediately comes to mind is that writing takes longer, thereby letting the information you are writing down be focused on for a longer time.

>Why the fuck do people think writing notes with a laptop is superior to pen and paper? Are (((they))) responsible for this?

the true master race rarely goes to lectures. if i want a one way flow of information, how the fuck is the internet not a superior resource?

only go to class if there is actual room for discussion that you care about. sitting with 300 spoonfed pigs in a pen looking at a low res screen makes a 65k modem an efficient way of transmitting information by comparison

No one wants to visit that toliet

>too lazy to do a simple google search and check
>10x more is just a number pulled out of my ass but it is magnitudes better than taking notes on a computer
>user didn't back his claims and i'm not even gonna bother checking it
stay strong user, stay strong.

CS major too user,
>taking notes and drawing figures and diagrams of everything, and coloring shit
>beats the shit out of trying to shortcut it and just read or just take notes or not take notes at all

Seriously, user.

Sit the fuck down, use a pen and paper. Do not let your children use a computer unless it is to write a fucking essay, esp. for learning

Blindly sheeping to the rules. Record it anyway don't make a huge deal of it. If you're dumb enough to get caught doing that you're fucking worthless

Not pulling out laptop to record class no need to take notes.

>be in OPs class
>English 101
>shits easy, but see some tard furiously typing notes from a powerpoint thats been posted already online by the professor
>he keeps looking at everyone with a pathetic glare
>then notice another user watching me, watch tard user
>freak out

FUCKING BASED HUNGARIANS!!!

Post this in slide threads and they stop bumping

Josh Dolin

Ardennen Watson

Amanda Karpay

Elizabeth Shapell

Matt McClure

Rebecca Charen

Benjamin Fischbein

Burns Strider

Ellie Cohen

Elizabeth Price

Johan Newman

Benjamin Williams

Caryn Lenhoff

Daniel Wesel

Karla Towel

Kathleen Kennedy

DNC MURDERED SETH RICH. (((THEY))) ARE TRYING TO BURY THIS STORY IN EVERY SINGLE WAY CURRENTLY POSSIBLE. DO NOT LET THIS SLIDE

DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
>DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
>DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
>DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
>DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
>DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
>DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
>DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
>DNC MURDERED SETH RICH.
DNC MURDERED SETH RICH

>all those apples

cringe

Yeah math notes on a computer is a pain in the ass

>I don't want to risk recording the lectures because I saw one kid get caught and he got shit on by the prof who called security and then somebody told me that he got expelled from our university as a result. It's just not worth the risk.

If you're recording on a laptop or macbook and you get caught, you're a retard. I put a recorder in the bottom of my backpack and it recorded fine for years and I never got caught once or even close. Getting caught is completely avoidable.

What's the point of recording a lecture you're present for? Okay so you spend 1.5 hours day dreaming and you have a 1.5 hour file to listen to later

... Why not save time and just take good notes during the lecture? That way you can review the same content in less time after the lecture

It just seems pointless

I'll never go to college but I would use a recorder like the one we have on our phones. Listen when needed, no mistakes

This. It likely has to do with the fact that you are inscribing the form of the data you are trying to retain and by doing so, you are associating that which you are forming with said data as well as making or adding to, a muscle memory.

Not even close to the same comparison. With that, the task set out to be done is being accomplished with an improvement in efficiency. If writing notes with a computer is less efficient at helping the user retain the information, regardless of the lesser amount of time spent taking those notes by typing them instead of writing them by hand, the lower amount of time spent ultimately doesn't matter.