How do americans deal with having no traditional folk culture?

How do americans deal with having no traditional folk culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wx-n2zaDiTI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_costume#Northern_America
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDUrnXVjBnU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=frHf_sI--Qs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gIfWsHx-DVU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lefP0_ZM-Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=DRgLzxrBjfI
youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw
youtube.com/watch?v=QrV61ATP3Ec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Dutch#cite_note-fogleman-4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqGQRdz3-14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only traditional folk culture we have is basically found in small towns, but now in small towns we just have country white trash, often fat and drug-addled. These are the people that voted Trump into office, sadly.

Americans have plenty of folk culture, are you retarded?

Or alternatively, how do non-europeans in general deal with having none, artifical or absolutely shit folk culture?

>pot defending the kettle from being called black

They don't.

>no traditional folk culture

Oh lordy lordy

By adopting commercial contrivances as culture
We kinda don't

Our traditional culture is displayed in the building and maintenance of supercarriers and nuclear powered submarines.

Native americans have a huge culture and rituals

nigga I am the flk culture. pretending Americana isnt a thing. This is my uncle.

youtube.com/watch?v=wx-n2zaDiTI

East Asian countries have good folk culture

>How do Americans deal with having no culture or traditions?
By posting about it on an anonymous image board

what about the amish? Are they not american folk culture?

European folk culture:
-generic harvest festival
-christian celebrations
-boring color and ornament variations on the same folk costume (tunic and pants for men, dress for women)
-same folk dance as 5 other neighboring countries
-sausage, grain, potato, cabbage, and egg-based traditional foods

Wow, such culture!

u wot m8

does this count as american folk culture?

better than fucking reindeers and eating curry

The Amish are essentially Dutch faggots from another time caught in a Paradox and can't return home

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_costume#Northern_America

okay i see,
so they dont view themselves as part of american culture?

and you have none of these things and nothing to subside for them

Kek
Nice shitpost

The Amish are very small rural religious communities that are cut off from the rest of America.

we get morris men who dance like fags get pissed up then fight each other, jealous?

Honestly, I would classify them as a sub culture.
They are still very connected to their Dutch roots, my st of them still speak it. Bottom line, they have had no effect on American culture outside of their own enclaves

what about depictions like in the movie gone in the wind?

When i was a child I thought thats what american culture looks like

you know, these plantage houses in the south an shiet

Um no sweetie white people have no culture other than oppressing minorities

1950's is Christian American culture. It is being eroded by the white left, end of story.

The Pennsylvania Dutch doesn't count? We've got 300,000 of them and raising.

That's not Amish

That's the Antebellum South, before the hook nosed Yankee rate cane and ruined it. That's just a different time when America was more rural

Most Amish did not even live in the south, lol

The fact that europe wont soon either

>implying there's any of it left to be eroded
America is a dead nation

Depends where you are in the USA

Fun Fact: Our folk culture is shit. Unless you want to hear someone pluck a banjo.

So we make due with modern culture. It sucks that such is the case but whatever.

It looks nothing like that. Google "Suburb" and that's 90% of America.

/thread

Why are the English Teachers on this board always on point?

>Not dressing up in a folk costume with your m8s and going house from house spanking young women with a whip made out of willow rods and getting homemade alcohol and painted eggs in exchange
i love czech easter

some feminist sjws tried to ban it as an archaic and sexist tradition but they got btfo by everyone including majority of women

John K was ahead of his time my friend.

>American Southwest, Texas and parts of the Midwestern US – Western wear, derived from original American pioneer garb is traditional dress in Texas, the Southwestern US, and many rural communities, including cowboy hats, Western shirts, cowboy boots, jeans, chaps, prairie skirts, and bolo ties.

>American Upper Midwest, the northern portions of the Great Lakes Basin, Pacific Northwest and Maine – Due to the cold weather the garb in rural areas tends to more closely adhere to heavier materials, such as flannel or Buffalo plaid mackinaw jackets, the occasional parka, and trapper hat. A good example is seen in the typical attire of Paul Bunyan, a folk hero popular in areas where logging was a common occupation, as well as lumberjacks working in the area.

>Deep South and other parts of the American South – Traditional Southern US wear includes white seersucker suits and string ties for men, and sun hats and large Southern belle-style dresses for women.

>New York City and Northeastern US – According to folklorist Washington Irving, knickerbockers similar to the breeches of the Pilgrims and Founding Fathers were traditionally worn by many wealthy Dutch families in 19th century New York. These short pants remained commonplace among young urban American boys until the mid 20th century.
Nantucket – Summer residents of Nantucket will often wear Nantucket Reds.

>Amish (in Pennsylvania, Indiana and Ohio), the Pennsylvania Dutch and some sects of Mormon fundamentalism (especially in Utah) preserve traditional 19th century clothing styles.

>Various styles of Native American clothing; for example, traditional pow-wow regalia for Plains Indians: Moccasins, buckskins, glass beads, breech clouts, and war bonnets or roaches.

>Alaska – kuspuks, worn with dark pants and mukluks, as well as parkas are traditional native wear.

I don't know, I never saw that movie. Rural America has a lot more big red barns and a lot less big houses.
Plantations were where wealthy slave and land-owners lived large while the poor whites starved.

>American folk culture is shit
No, it used to be nice
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDUrnXVjBnU

We do. It's in Appalachia.

why dont americans look like this anymore?

would america celebrate its own folk culture more if the south would have won the civil war?

Ayyy this guy gets it
>when the Scotsman contemplates suicide halfway through
How the fuck did this get past the FCC?

oh now, we don't dress like retards. Am also greek so I have both.

>I never saw that movie.
you definitely should, i ve seen it a few dozens of times and it made me like old american culture

yes i am a girl

nah your wrong. its only gone on the coasts. inland communities are doing just fine.

They depend on the Old Country for their cultural heritage
I like to think Malcom in the Middle's portrayal is the best example of the blending of european customs. So its basically watered down, made up and despised by younger generations. Just like the US of A

They still do, but youre not invited

>why don't Americans look like this anymore?
The times, I wish people had the sense of dress and decorum we had back then
>would America celebrate its own folk culture more if the South had won?
If the South had one you would have two seperate nations, the South was more of a Nation than the North was, as the North was industrializing and enriching themselves with immigrants.
Long story short, had the South won, America would be the same as it is today, but we would have an Unironically based white nation in the American south with its own culture and identity

That was never really folk culture to begin with.

That clothing was a fad in the 1800's.

>They depend on the Old Country for their cultural heritage
No it doesn't you

>American folk culture
>Posts a manufactured celebrity that sang nigger blues
I'm Northern (with southern family) but I wish the secession succeeded. America is too big and I have nothing in common with the spics coming across the border.
The country looks more like pic related now. It's better than the city but I don't like being so close to everyone.

>when you tell a burger he has no culture but hits you with 'b-but american movies and music!!1'
>no burger
>those degenerate creations are not culture

>The Amish double every 10 years
That's literally the rate of the growth of our Muslim population aha

>if the South had one
Fuck auto correct
t. Phone fag
Idk anymore my dude, I hope so

>Mfw Amish are white Sharia
Ok faggot, try some johnny Horton
m.youtube.com/watch?v=frHf_sI--Qs

letting our women give away all we worked for with their voting rights pretty much fucked us. They didnt have to fight and die for it so they dont appreciate it and are all too willing to take away power from us even if it means destroying the nation in the process.

>pilgrims, genocide and cowboys
That's all folks.

>Swedistan

ok back to the church with you your brown son-in-law begrudginly stopped beating his wives to christen his 7th son

Stupid mick, that's like saying Irish folk music has no cultural value
(This song isn't folk or cultural, I just happen to like it and thought it was relevant per your flag)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gIfWsHx-DVU

Also when you're done spanking them, and after they pour you some slivovice you can do pic related

The whipping in combination with this will make them healthy and pretty, so the tradition says.

actually thinking about it I wonder how the fuck didn't EU already outlaw like half of traditional folk culture

this is amazing

Country is based on western, r&b, and blues. It was a commercial, multicultural thing too. I like bluegrass cause it has more of the european fiddle melodies in it, but it's also commercial and wouldn't exist without niggers.
I'm not saying you shouldn't like any of this or that it's bad, I'm just saying it's not the outcome of the naturally evolving culture of a people in the same way music styles that developed before records are.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lefP0_ZM-Lw

this

You forget that women losing their family ain't sunishine and lolipop flavoured dicks
Either we employ women in the armed forces or we disregard feminism. We can't have (((equality))) and (((equality))) too

Many different parts of America do have their own folk culture. You Euros often forget that our country is as big as your continent. Why don't you all have one homogeneous culture? I'm from Montana. I learned how to lasso up rams and calfs when I was 9. I can spit chewtabacca farther than you. That's our culture. I can track wild animals, determine their number and time since they passed in summer and obviously in snow. What's your culture Euro? Shitty techno and uncivilized Rapefugees?

Ok, I can agree on that

>how the fuck didn't EU already outlaw like half of traditional folk culture

Because beuracrats can't enforce shit without a majority consent. And people choose fun over ideology everytime

it only took us 250 years to take over the world pussy ass. the culture is still budding if we can get rid of the fucking jew box and hollyjews we'll be just fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRgLzxrBjfI

>Americans unironically consider spitting chewing tobacco culture
>Tracking wild animals, skill that literally every single culture, civilisation or society in human history has developed is somehow a "culture"

>lots of guns and isloated between two huge oceans = culture?

By that logic the african tribes with soviet AKs are your cultural brothers. Now it all makes sense

>250 years fuckboi and we'll fucking keep doing it for till the end of days.

Our traditional culture and folklore is generally depressing and full of stories and songs about life sucking for both whites and blacks. A lot of dark religious themes as well. When the frontier shut down all of the fun parts disappeared.

youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw

> dressing up in idiotic clothes is culture, however

>unironically being a pražák

We have harvest festivals and dances and food and everything. America is more than the big cities on the coast. Appalachian flat footing is still a thing, the second biggest fiddle gathering in the world (according to my old roommate) happens in Galax, VA every August, and Pungo has a Strawberry festival every year. That's just a few of the things that happen in Virginia.

Czech Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chachar plz

they're not Dutch, my retarded friend

>their Dutch roots
they don't have Dutch roots, my retarded friend

Burgers, guns and patriotic clothing are their folk culture..

>shitpost
It's literally true. Take a look at European folk celebrations. Aside from the language and color variations of their clothing, they're indistinguishable from one another. Which is perfectly understandable, seeing as how culture doesn't suddenly stop at the national border (which has been moved a thousand times in the past three centuries).

It just annoys me when Eurocucks try to make themselves feel important by claiming
>muh folk culture
as if it's unique or special. Particularly when North America was settled by Europeans, so our folk culture was based on the European model anyway.

Then your schooling failed you. Have you never done fairs and festivals where you learn about settlers and colonial times? The clothes, games, food, music, dance, religion, etc?

eating lots of food and shooting lots of guns.
dw we'll make it somehow

Then why the fuck do they speak Dutch and adhere to some Dutch traditions?

This guy knows
Culture and tradition are buzzwords that brainlets cling to

No, I'm from the suburbs. The schools push multiculturalism and discourage white identity. I'm sure you know this. When I was in elementary school they made us rap about recycling.

Nice skirts faggots.

I'm fond of our culture (pre degeneracy era).

>they made us rap about recycling.
kke

This
Our education system needs to burn

they don't

our culture is our attitude. our music. our food, our machines, our tools, our vehicles. turn the tv off and read some books its all there. the younger generation is choosing to throw away their culture in turn for Advertising and nigger culture but ours is still alive and well. for only 250 years we have a nice rich culture. Even modern culture like Metal is white culture.

we know about the electric jew listen to the words carefully.

youtube.com/watch?v=QrV61ATP3Ec

In Texas, polite society refers to strippers as "East Texas Folk Dancers"

WTF is up with all you self hating faggots? Colonial times, southern plantation era, cowboys. Go to a museum sometime or pull up wikipedia ffs.

America has more cultrure that the rest of tge world combined.

In fact, the kikes have exported our culture to 2nd world Europe and the rest of the 3rd world via Hollywood and Nashville.

How does it feel having only a fraction of thr culture an American is born with?

Also, your music is shit, and nobody buys your faggotry.

>The term "Dutch," often considered a corruption of "Deutsch", which means German, was actually not a corruption at all. It was a legitimate, well-known term used by the English in the early modern period to describe the people who lived along the Rhine. The "Low Dutch" came from the area of the present Netherlands, while the "High Dutch" came from the area of the middle and upper Rhine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Dutch#cite_note-fogleman-4

>How does it feel having only a fraction of thr culture an American is born with?
p good, we only get the good stuff

Kys
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqGQRdz3-14