What's Sup Forums's opinion on Ethiopia?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on Ethiopia?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Ethiopia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Italo-Ethiopian_War
youtu.be/iOZXflKSd1k
youtube.com/watch?v=kirhIbCvuE4
youtu.be/DKprAebSrTI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigger country. Looks like their leader had a coll uniform though.

Abyssinia is rightful Italian clay

They are filthy Muslims.

Interestingly, Ethiopia's most prevalent religion is various form of Christianity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Ethiopia

The only legitimate and really "WEWUZ" nigger nation in existence
Literally only respectable niggs in history

More like Abysinnia's pussy is rightful italian cum dumping ground.

Yo dude, they have Enoch's book...

Formerly Based
You're retarded.
That's why.

Ethiopia is one of the last Christian nations in Africa, but their golden years are long gone. Egypt's Coptic Christians got BTFO'd in the Arab Spring.

Part of the Italian empire

amazing food

all the shit that's going in that country today is due to the fact that an ethnic minority monopolized the political institutions. just like what's happening in the west

The first major victim of globalism. The League of Nations prevented them and the Italians from buying guns to prevent a second war.

The Italians made their own, the Ethiopians did not have the infrastructure to do so.

In all likelihood this was a deliberate action to destroy African independence.

They beat the Italians in the first war despite inferior equipment and outdated tactics so bretty cool

>They beat the Italians in the first war despite inferior equipment and outdated tactics so bretty cool
Sup Forums's gonna say what they will, but Ethiopia had God on their side at the time

Full of worthless niggers.

can you believe niggers worship this pathetic fool?
literally as jesus christ. literally.

this is what rastafarianism is all about.
its worshiping this man.
i am seriously not making this shit up

>Said the moorish trophy of conquest

>They beat the Italians in the first war despite inferior equipment and outdated tactics so bretty cool

First war they had way more troops and russia backing them, second they "won" but loss 50x more troops

Best civilization in Civ 5.

Niggers who cucked Italian fags. Still niggers though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Italo-Ethiopian_War

>Result Italian victory
>10,000 killed
>275,000 combatants killed

They're an example of a people who got enriched then their civilisation died. The real Abyssinian's were Proto-Jews with minor African admixture who were somewhat civilised and used to cuck pagan Arabs and were Byzantines loyal allys. Unfortunately, when they were cut off from the world as a result of Islam, they intermixed with more primitive African tribes and they lost civilisation building skills. Just a reminder that Semitic Ethiopians built cities 2000 years ago, yet today, they can only build mud huts.

>second they "won
After the second war, Ethiopia was formally annexed to Italian East Africa

Pure religious rastafarianism is pretty much nonexistant outside of Jamaica, Bristol and London though, so who cares. The overwhelming majority of rastas are just dudes who like weed and reggea music.
And rastafarianism in all its forms doesn't exist in Ethiopia itself.

They cucked italians pretty hard.

The legit we wuz country of africa. Say what you want in your piss stained KKK larping robe, abyssinia has a pretty glorious past. It's shit now, though. Makes me realize Sup Forums is overtaken by stormfag plebs, shit, we used to have smart people here before zimzam.

>>Result Italian victory

You're the reason for the burger education meme.

>last christian nation in africa
Like half of subsaharan africa is christian

They were the first or second Christian nation on earth. Their Christianity is so ancient that they still maintain some Judaic traditions like like prohibition of Pork.

They were the first or second Christian nation on earth. Their Christianity is so ancient that they still maintain some Judaic traditions like like prohibition of Pork

I've got to hand it to them for being the only nigger country Surviving the Euro Rape of Africa

Wasn't this guy like some Rastafarian god or something because he beat the Italians

4-City Tradition Start detected

>69 average IQ
Untermenschen

BRO TIER

Good music. Check. Bob Marley.

The worship of Selassie mostly came from his claim to descend from King Solomon's lineage.
It was a way to proclaim legitimacy as a ruler for his family, but for some it spiralled into worship after some weird interpretations of judaic and christian scriptures.
Beating the italians and keeping Ethiopia sovereign only made him more popular with afro-americans, panafricanists and folks like that.

They used to be a pretty good Christian empire, right? Were trying to take out the muslims if I remember correctly.

they used to be based then

>ethiopians are a bunch of niggers
>their king looked like a swarthy arab
>who claimed he was a jew from the lost tribe of israel or whatever the fuck
>worshiped as god by jamaicans

Explain this shit.

>albania iq 90

it is 82 now.

"Winning" means getting annexed.
South Vietnam/ US winning tier up in this bitch

Rastafarianism is the earliest form of KANGology.
BAsically went something like this
>Abyssinians did have rulers who descended from the Solomonids
>even when the family tree was getting blurred with time, they still claimed it
>so did Haile Selassie, who did fancy a bit of cult of personnality to keep the population in check and ask them sacrifices during wartime, etc
>meanwhile, in Jamaica
>island almost entirely populated by former slaves
>a lot of their original culture still remained and was passed down among families of slaves
>a handful of thinkers like Marcus Garvey tried to find a way to create some sort of cultural if not national identity for former slaves either through return to the african roots or afirmation as a nation itself on the colonial ground
>in Jamaica, the idea spreads that they were sent to the islands after being ernslaved in Ethiopia by arabic slavers and sold again and again until bought by europeans
>start looking at Ethiopia again
>the presence of the emperor Selassie clicks with some old folkloric beliefs of a "king among the blacks", it aligns with the bits of christianity they picked up from missionaries sent to the island
>start digging up on the ancient testament that Selassie uses and his family tree that justify his Solomonid lineage
>if he is the king of blacks by divine rule and descends from King Solomon's lineage, then he is the closest we have to an envoy from God
>also, weed is used for ceremonies and nyabinghi chants on the beach

He was Jesus Christ though. Prove me wrong.

Ethiopians are Caucasoid.

Probably the unluckiest country on Earth.

>be Ethiopia
>be one the few good places of Africa
>center of trade between the middle east and India
>convert to christianity, build a multicultural empire
>life's looking good
>suddenly
>muslims across the sea
>muslims from the north
>muslims from the south
>they all want Ethiopia dead
>Ethiopia is invaded in a bloody war against Somalis from the South and the Ottoman Empire from the north
>survive with the help of the Portuguese who miraculously were passing by
>most of the country is destroyed, half of it never trully retaken to this day
>Oromo refugees arrive from central africa at this time
>accept them in your lands
>they are rapefugees who raid and displace several of your people
>empire falls to decentralised state ala feudal Japan, emperor is just a figurehead with no power which is held by feudal warlords
>emperor finally gets the chance to change all this
>establish control of the Empire
>start modernising and reforming the country with German and Russian help
>Brits feel insulted for some reason by Ethiopia and bash the country to shit again
>try again at modernising
>Italy invades
>btfo Italy
>Italy comes back, wins a war against Ethiopia violating international law and using chemical weapons
>then says we are the vermin
>Italy fails at everything they try
>join Ethiopia and Somalia in the same country for reasons
>get independence
>no more access to sea.jpeg
>muslim minority controls half of the country.gif
>some slaves in the americas use my identity as an excuse to do drugs
>still surrounded by muslims constantly trying to undermine my Ethiopia's efforts
>Christian countries just look an Ethiopia and just feel bad and do nothing

>race and gender*
fixe'd

Yeah the whole Ethiopian jews thing. It's like one of the "we wuz kangs" stuff blacks cling to.

Israeli posters hate the Ethiopian jews it seems.

its literally we wuz kangs only stealing christianity instead of egyptian history

Rightful clay

>One caucasoid civilization in Africa somehow dismissed all the reasons why the majority of Africa is terrible.

Ethiopia was among the first countries to become Christian though

yeah, then they changed and said "you know what, these whiteys/brownies stole our BLACK history" and started worshipping a guy that literally told them to their faces that he was not a messiah, in which they proceeded to further praise him for his humbleness. the entire religion in a nutshell.

No thats what Rastafarians did, thousands of miles away from Ethiopia.

But user, Rastafarianism is an afro-american creation, it doesn't even exist in Ethiopia itself.

Typical uneducated burger response.

i thought the Ethiopians moved to Jamaica and thats where Rastafarianism came from? either that or ive been taught wrong

Heil Selassie

This. Ethiopia is the first warning civilization, we race mix at our peril.

The exact origin of the slaves by colonial region is not a settled question at all. As far as Jamaica goes, the two most considered possibilities by black identitarians were Ethiopia and the horn of Africa or Angola.
And then, a strange thing happened, uncomplete christianisation, remaining folk beliefs and news from Ethiopia collided and the result was the Rastafarian religion.

Truly ignorant...SAD

No one worships him in his own country. He's mistake was visiting Jamaica.

*unwritten* Legend has it that it rained for the first time when his plane landed.

It's very fucking unlikely that they are from ethiopia though.

Also, some small number of indians or pakis, I can't remember, were present in jamaica and that is how they took up weed and some of their cultural norms and rites into their own religion.

>the two most considered possibilities by black identitarians were Ethiopia and the horn of Africa or Angola

That might be what they considered but genetically Jamaicans are from the same source as black Americans: West Africa. I think Ethiopia just got latched onto because it was a genuine African kangdom with real history, biblical links, and a black leader rather than a colonial invention.

Poison gas was a bitch for people with no masks

Rastafarianism also has some masonic elements. Was it purely from mimickry ? Was it because selassie is a notorious mason ? Or because someone introduced some rites ? Because Rastafarianism was part of the illerminatty world project ? I don't fucking know. But it's odd.

By the way, the influence of jamaican shit in today's culture is insanely big, sometimes in subtle ways you don't suspect. For better or worse, that's another subject.

A rose in a pile of shit doesnt make the shit any better you know

He first visited Jamaica many years after rastas declared him a prophet

You could make a case that even rap comes from jamaica. Now wether rap is degenerate garbage is another topic.

Barely litterate jamaicans who only had one or two people representing them didn't really know that much about genetics, so when Garvey said in discourses that when a king rises in Africa, it would be a proof of hope for all black people cut off from their roots, and then they heard of Selassie, it was quite the inspiration. There was a lot of wishful thinking involved (which ultimately is why many preferred to believe the jamaican slaves came from Ethiopia rather than the much more likely Angola)

Rastafarianism was put together from all sorts of faiths and spiritual elements, without that much regard for internal consistensy, so I'd say it's pretty likely that it was mostly mimickry, yeah.
>By the way, the influence of jamaican shit in today's culture is insanely big
Gotta thank King Tubby for even having the concept of bass being recognized in sound recording and engineering.

Hold on a second. German skin isn't gray (my parents are from Germany). Whoever made the skin tone chart is a retard. Although I imagine it's a generated average seeing that Singapore is listed as brown despite being a mix of Indians and chinks.

Rasta doesn't even have a majority in Jamaica, there may be more Voodoo followers on the island.

Fucking Burger

I mean, that's not an entirely false premise except that after the coming of Christ all Jewish lineage records tying people to the tribes was destroyed in the temple, so there is no real reason to give Selassie some sort of chosen KANG status.

>JUST

Only "native" africans that are remotely attractive.

You make everyone of us look worse.

>nice digits tho

you have to go back

>tfw you are swiss-italian and smarter than nordcucks who call you black

>Kangology
you had me dying over that. Anyway, you a history major or something? Ive been trying to find a clear reason for rastafarianism for a while and this was about one of the most coherent answer I've read. i need more sauce on this.

What i thought was some random dude praised Haile and then word eventually got to him. He went to jamaica like "oh so these are the people that think I'm God?" and then...dreds. what else am i missing here.

5 IQ points is margin of error though.
Also average, my IQ was professionally tested as 130 when I was a child.

Mussolini ended slavery in Ethiopia. He should be as beloved as Lincoln.

Blaxk people shittaly conquered

The whole thing we still see with the "we wuz" shit is actually something quite old that eatly panafricanists predicted and tried to solve : at that point of the late 19th-early 20th century, nationalisms were at their peaks and the perspective of freedom fro the slaves and potential emancipation was seen as creating a potential vacuum in identity that could be filled either by using the known past (slavery plus extrapolation regarding prior origins) or trying to create or re-use some cultural identities. because the whole masses of former slaves far from their original homelands could not remain with no tangible identity if they were to become a nation. The response from some like the african internationalists was to overlook national identity and act as a global class striving for freedom and control in the communist sense. Some were however more influenced by stuff like the Haitians, or the growing culture of blacks in the USA or Jamaica.
And if you look at it still today, a century later, the question is not solved, especially on the religious point.
If you want a quick way to understand it, think if it as the black alt-right. it has the same points of disagreement regarding a global racial state OR group-based smaller states (in the case of blacks, it is used as an argument by some african postcolonials like Achille Mbembé who claims that colonial borders should be abolished to create some cultural or ethnic nation-states, as opposed to internationalists who want a panafrican state for all blacks or determinism for afro-americans), regarding religion (alt-right disagrees on going back to pagan roots or the unifier of christianity, black identitarians disagree on going back to voodoo/folk or egyptian faith or creating a new black spirituality or reclaiming christianity or even islam)

I dig their Coon Rune alphabet

ለምንድነው ይህንን እያነበብክ

the best type of black

Ethiopians have historically been thought of as the most advanced niggers and were one of the only nigger civilizations in the ancient world that actually built buildings and traded with white other nations. They're interesting because they're so exceptional for their race. Unfortunately for them, they've been mongrelized with lesser blacks and BTFO over the last few decades so they are a shadow of their former selves. It's funny how rastafarian island blacks actually worship Haile Selassie. Other blacks look at Ethiopians like some kind of ubermensch.

God dammit you know a lot about this shit. I know the protokangz mostly because I used to be into reggae for a little while in my teens and dudeweed.

As much as I hate nogs, this music is touching, and really relevant to the whole cultural void you're describing.
youtu.be/iOZXflKSd1k

>The Abyssinians
Solid taste, my dude.
I started getting interested in that by two ways.
First because I was at one point really big into techno and psychedelic electronic music, and you can't dig into the past of that music without bumping into dub reggae.
Came in for the dub, stayed for the folk percussions and nyabinghi chants
I don't like rootsy band reggae but holy shit some of the more spiritual (?) stuff is chill inducing even after dozens and dozens of listens
youtube.com/watch?v=kirhIbCvuE4
Arround the same time, I was at the uni and we had a lot of discussions about politics and the world, usual student stuff. Needless to say the tard brigade was in full force so whenever we tried to discuss Africa, it was all white guilt and shit. And my family happens to have extensive roots with colonialism (though mostly in Indochina and the Antilles) so it did peak my interest. And holy shit, it's sad.
It's really sad because if there was a way to really sort shit out and start from fresh and healthier bases, it could work.
Maybe I'm not a burebreed Sup Forumslack but I don't actually hate blacks at all. I don't want more arround here, infact I'd say it would be best if they could build prosperous nations for themselves in Africa.
>never forget Biafra

Somalis are. Ethiopians are predominantly Negroid.

Women are fucking hawt

Rightful Somali clay. Conquest of Abysinnia part 3 when?

Better infrastructure than most African countries, good nature, probably better people than most of Africa.

Ethiopia was always a christian ally against the muslims hordes. Prestor John and so forth.

Not too bad as Africans go. Don't want them in Europe though.

They soon are going to worship Chinese when Chinese build them things whites done before with their puppets.

Coptics, miaphysites, monophysites, orthodox. They have many flavours of christianity over there.

Haha I used to love that shit, still listen to ir sometimes, ras michael, count ossie, etc. It's still worship music and has spirit, even if they worship in their own way. Also love spoopy black ark or early reggae shit or unique sounds like eek a mouse.
youtu.be/DKprAebSrTI

I pretty much agree on the whole colonialism paragraph. In fact it's basically what I tell french people irl. They're not used to it but most more or less agree.

>Slavsitter
>Buying into Chinese propaganda
>2017
>mfw

In hearts of iron and victoria they are the only independent african nation. in eu they are the only christian nation in africa.

Overall pretty fun to play as, although, in reality, the fact that they were not colonized, besides a few years under italy, pushed back their development quite some time.