Is art a mistake? What role does it play in society? It seems like it just plants seeds of liberalism and degeneracy...

Is art a mistake? What role does it play in society? It seems like it just plants seeds of liberalism and degeneracy, yet most of us have some form of artistic drive in us. Why is art so degenerate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcpzubpIhtI
marcograssipainter.com/
paintable.cc/digital-painting-inspiration-008/
youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=TnL68AtbXJA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Everman
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Art is just a reflection of the prevailing culture. Our art is degenerate because our culture is degenerate

it's what separates us from animals

all Modern art is degenerate and used to create art schools to brainwash young people into becoming SJW footsoldiers.

The concept of "art" itself isn't degenerate, its just a form of expression of an individual. The problem is the degeneracy in the individual.

Gays found their way into the arts. That was their "niche." Kind of like the Jews and banking.

Over the years, then ran the arts into the ground. Most cliques require that you be an "ally" or gay yourself. They've shut a lot of normal people out who would create wholesome art. It's just taken a toll over the years.

All forms of culture, technological progress and development is driven by the desire to create art - whatever form art may come in

So yes, modern art is degenerate, but art is part of culture and the reason ancient art is so beautiful is because it reflected the culture at the time

>is art a mistake?
Go to bed, plato

fpbp

Animals are better than art. Perfection in motion.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcpzubpIhtI

Islam hates music too
music is against all that is american

That thing is ugly as fuck. But yeah nature is definitely art. Thanks God!

>being this autistic
I bet you don't even like music.

Tell me OP, is this a mistake?

Art is the divine spark, a part of God (the creator) passed onto us. It is the concept of improving the aesthetics of your surroundings and ultimately conquering your enviornment, just like the white man.

OP is a gay nigger

this 100%

>Islam hates music
That's a reflection of Islam's satanic, anti-life nature. Music is holy, as long as it isn't tainted by lyrics. Lyrics are base(not "based", but the opposite).

I wonder what this is trying to convey

what did he mean by this??

'Art' is a very broad term. Listen to classical music from the Romantic period (operas by Wagner, Verdi, music by Chopin etc.), most music from that period has strong nationalist, patriotic undertones and lyrics. Look at various paintings that depict the pure beauty of nature, the sad nature of the human mind, loneliness etc. Paintings by Edward Hopper come to mind. It's not all liberal propaganda, the problem is that, after WW2, liberal propaganda started being pushed heavily in art as a response to the horrors of the conflict. We still haven't come down from that unfortunately, since SOMEONE (globalists) want everything to be about liberalism, open borders, "peace", and cuckedness. As a result, you get degenerate art.

Art is degenerate and so is any other form of entertainment.

Most blockbuster movies today have about the same budgets as actual space missions. Just imagine how much could be done if all that money was redirected to more beneficial endeavours instead of wasting it on playing pretend.

Wrong. That's the definite of art that has been corrupted by jews starting around one hundred years ago. It wasn't always like that.

Actual art has nothing to do with that kind of egoism where something thinks "expressing" themselves comes before creating beauty.

>Art is degenerate and so is any other form of entertainment.

Says the guy shitposting on an imageboard

RIP Chris Cornhole

No its ok when I do it

Jesus. This. FPBP

>Art is born and takes hold wherever there is a timeless and insatiable longing for the spiritual, for the ideal: that longing which draws people to art. Modern art has taken the wrong turn in abandoning the search for the meaning of existence in order to affirm the value of the individual for his own sake. What purports to be art begins to looks like an eccentric occupation for suspect characters who maintain that any personalised action is of intrinsic value simply as a display of self-will. But in an artistic creation the personality does not assert itself it serves another, higher and communal idea. The artist is always the servant, and is perpetually trying to pay for the gift that has been given to him as if by a miracle. Modern man, however, does not want to make any sacrifice, even though true affirmation of the self can only be expressed in sacrifice. We are gradually forgetting about this, and at the same time, inevitably, losing all sense of human calling.

i generally agree, but stalker was shit

You're wrong. It was one of his weaker films but that's only because Mirror, Nostalghia and Sacrifice were works directly influenced by God.

i haven't seen the others, but i could not get into stalker. it was all a build up to nothing...very slow paced...dialog not revealing anything. honestly, maybe it's because i wasn't high. but i just could not get into it.

We need to support DIGITAL ARTISTS.
They are doing great job and no one tells them what they can or cannot do.

If you want old culture to come back, buy posters from the digital artists.

The problem is you have no taste. Tarkovsky is the true final boss of cinema. You can't just walk right into his films after being a babby all your life. You have to slowly build up to him to finally realize his true genius.

We need to push our artists to the main stream, that's all.

Just modern art is degenerate, because it is made by jews.

They have to corrupt everything.

explain to me how stalker is genius. it's literally two dudes tip toeing through a marsh, speaking vaguely. you sound like a brainwashed fanboy.

marcograssipainter.com/

I think that we could easily make some good artists popular enough to start a movement

paintable.cc/digital-painting-inspiration-008/

Indeed. Main problem though is that this is what is being funded and promoted. There are plenty of real artists out there, they just don't get funded by Rothschild's and other Jews.

hey homo fuck you, black hole sun was fucking diamond

looks like an image for a Call of Cthulhu card game or something

You can find tons of modern-not degenerated art, we just have to promote it, (((they))) will never do that for us.

Check out this guy not being a comedy-tier autist on Sup Forums

we enjoy it and who does it kills himself
win-win

It all stems down to the ''me, me, me'' generation of the 60's.

youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc
youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc
youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc

>trashing healthy white conservative virtues
>good

Plato warned about allowing art to become degenerate, as this will poison the entirety of society over time.

>tfw I live 50m away from that cafe and rest of that shit.

100% agree and I'm a degenerate musician fag

nobody cares about stills anymore. they care about movies, tv, and performance. find me some non-degenerate artists in those fields then we'll talk.

>Indian art

Were there ever non-degenerated movies?
Hitler was burning all that crap, it is how degeneracy started.

As for a performance, I will look for some.

>Is art a mistake?
no. Art is the thing that saves us from ourselves. It's now in a crisis because we are too degenerate for our own good.

I think all art is degenerate. There is no point in making art. It's a waste of time.

that's all you got out of Stalker?

youtube.com/watch?v=TnL68AtbXJA

>play in early iterations of Nirvana and Soundgarden
>leave both before they get big and ruin music for two decades
>both lead musicians kill themselves
>become decorated Army Ranger and Green Beret

Jason Everman is the hero Sup Forums needs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Everman

just watch Nostalghia over and over again
when it brings you to tears you win and it will

i barely remember it. i went in with an open mind and remember being bored to tears. nothing developed, nothing revealed that stood out to me. why, was it about communism or something?

>implying Jason wasn't "coincidentally" in both early iterations of the band and was in fact an agent who primed the talent of Kurt and Chris for MK-Ultra programming so as to carry out the grunge rock agenda

Military ties in music are always bad news if you ask me.

This dude knows what is up.

Art is what you make it.

Some junkies - all from Seattle - get big earnings with shitty songs.

Lyrics are delusional.

Most of them were pushed by known-unkonws and the are bokks that expose that shit.

Cobain was a gay and you can see him meeting William Burroughs (a programmer).

I hate how accurate you are