Military anons

I have some questions about joining the military, and I figured you autists would know a thing or two.

I am:
>About to graduate college this June with an international business degree and a minor in French (the language)
>I have student loan debt of 30,000
>I have a GPA of 2.9, but it will probably be a 3.0 by the time I graduate.
>I was a college athlete for 4 years at a division 1 state university (in very good shape)

I want to go into the military, because I heard that they can pay back your student loans. I want to sign the shortest contract possible, but I want to go in as an officer.

Any tips/advice??

Would I even get into OCS?
>

Other urls found in this thread:

usa.gov/military-colleges
dfas.mil/dam/jcr:0066b0ac-2d02-47a6-8b78-1cdc91b56ef7/2017MilitaryPayChart.pdf
discord.gg/aZDUgQ2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unless your looking to join SOF or Aviation you are going to be doing a whole lot of nothing in your time in service.

Yes you would go to OCS.

Two biggest pieces of advice, don't get caught lying on you security clearance and save your money.

Well that's besides the point.

I just want to know about getting in and what I should expect given my circumstances.

Unless you want to actually go through your enlistment phase, and earn your way up to the officer ranks, you're going to have to go through the military academy.

usa.gov/military-colleges

If you are just going to enlist, then congrats, your (I'm assuming) bachelors degree is worth an E-3 paygrade right off the bat. So from there, you have to work your way up.

Yes, the military can pay for college, 3.0 GPA would be pretty good, and being in good shape would definitely be an advantage, especially if you're going into more specialized stuff (Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, etc.)

Can you explain what you mean by don't get caught lying? What do they ask you?

Also forgot to mention they technically own you for 8 years so don't think it's four years and your completely free.

Also read more into that loan payback, I'm almost positive its not real and what actually happens is part of your pay gets put towards repaying it.

Go to /k/, we have a military enlistment general at all times.

Join the Air Force.

>I want to die for Israel
>any advice?
kys

Wait, someone told me that if you have a college degree you can automatically get into Officer training school?

And also, what does an E-3 pay grade equate to salary wise, per year?

>Can you explain what you mean by don't get caught lying? What do they ask you?

"You ever commit a crime?"
"Ever do drugs/alcohol?"
"Problems at school?"

More personal stuff too. Depends on what you're going to be doing and what information/technology you're going to have access to.

And don't get caught lying is basically self explanatory. You lie, you're out. No debates, no discussions.

Why? I heard the army is kinda comfy.

I prob would never join the navy or marines, but the coast guard looks easy as fuck too and hey technically pay the same, right?

Pretty sure they won't pay your loans that was only enabled during the 2006 surge and they needed the bodies. Your gpa isn't that competitive so you'll need to pick ass on the officer test and have outstanding letters of recommendation

This. Go fuck yourself, OP. And that goes for the rest of you milfags as well. We are not under attack. We need no military. You are a welfare queen and a willing agent of Israel. Literally kill yourself or have some shitskin do it

*kick

Wrong. Why talk out of your ass on a subject you clearly know nothing about?

There are a variety of commissioning programs that don't involve going to a service academy. Just call an OSO (Officer Selection Officer), not just a normal recruiter, and ask what is available. Unfortunately, most of those big loan repayment bonuses, to the best of my knowledge, are gone, since the military is not hurting for people so no reason to offer tons of money, but you never know until you ask.

>Wait, someone told me that if you have a college degree you can automatically get into Officer training school?

No there's never "automatic" entry. Having a degree before entering OCS helps, but having one doesn't guarantee a spot.

>And also, what does an E-3 pay grade equate to salary wise, per year?

Pay table for 2017 below:

dfas.mil/dam/jcr:0066b0ac-2d02-47a6-8b78-1cdc91b56ef7/2017MilitaryPayChart.pdf

Ok I gotcha.

I have a perfectly clean record besides speeding tickets.

Who interviews you? Like one person or is it a group of people?

& is it high pressure?

SF86 form... goes back 10 years. Possible interview depending on the clearance. They will check your references. Get caught lying and no clearance for you.

That being said you don't need to spill your guts about the time you stole a dollar out of your parents purse. Also make sure your not crazy in debt (student loans notwithstanding)

Contact your local Marine Officer recruiter. Go through OCC and become an officer. You don't have to go through an academy like that one dumbass said. You just need a degree.

>joining the (((military))) to pay off (((debts)))
Our people are truly lost.

Don't enlist for the shekels faggot, you wont get promoted to high enough to make them if that is your reason for enlisting.

So I would go in as an enlistee?

If so, how do you "work your way up"? It seems kinda risky to go in as an enlistee and potentially never make shit

As a very well educated NCO, you are exactly the fucktard we dread. Please go somewhere else or change your attitude or enlist 11B. Basically unfuck yourself or some smoke like me will do it for you.

Why marines?

Can't you do the same thing through army or coast gaurd?

Talk to a recruiter OP.

Amen. One thing I hate about the military is when people go in just to make money or to get the free college (many of which don't get anywhere).

Currently, yes, you would be enlisted. And working your way up just involves doing what you're told, doing it good, and hoping you get a promotion. And again, if you're looking to make money rather than caring about serving the country, you're in the wrong mindset.

They give the most financial support for schooling, also all the jobs are more like professional jobs instead of being a gunner or something. There's more pilots in the marines then there is the airforce.

Why though?

What in my post makes you say that? (Genuinely curious, don't be a fag)

Don't do marines, they don't help with schooling

Most grunts get pissy about officers who didn't have to go through basic training or will never see any combat.

You sound like the type of tard who gets his whole squad killed, sarge.

I'm in the army, and I have some bad news. There is no way in fucking hell you should be, or could be an officer. 2.9GPA? Are you fucking kidding me? Most enlisted NCO's have a fucking college degree, you think your fucking special because you have an international business degree? Dude get fucked.

We are on the verge of WW3 and you may be likely to die in a useless kike war with Syria, Iran, Russia, or Venezuela. Are you new to pol? Because this is a fucking stupid question.

To add to this:
Goes back 10 years or to your 18th birthday.

Also, you'll be required to list 3 references for every job you've had and 3 for every place you've ever lived and these references cannot be the same. I.E. No duplicates anywhere.

One thing we do when doing the checks, is to ask the person we've contacted (someone you listed to give you a favorable ref) if they know anyone else that you know, we'll then cross-reference that with the list you gave us. If that name isn't on there - we'll contact them as well.
It's a fun game we like to play.

Good luck.

Yes you'll get in, now with that being said, are you a piece of shit? Because the people under you are going to hate you and actively work on shitting on your career if you are. My platoon made my LT cry and nearly got him charged once time lol

OK here we go.
We kill people for a living. Killing dose not give a shit about your GPA, Division 1 staus or pedigree. Can you make timely and correct decisions so we can kill as many people as possible and I can bring as many of my guys back as possible.

We kill people... that is what we do. If you cannot commit to that, go somewhere else.

BTW I went to a D1 school with a 3.9 GPA and enlisted anyway. I could give two shits about money. I serve my country.

Now that I am retired, I am in my final year of my PhD.

20+ year Army vet here.

Sounds like you just need the money. If you really don't care what job you do, go to your local armed forces recruiter. Take the ASVAB. Them tell them EXACTLY what sort of deal you are looking for. Find the most money, biggest bonus, and best job. Be prepared to tell the Army/Air Force/Navy to fuck off and go see what the other guy is offering.

Buy the way, a 4 year degree will get you E4 right off the bat. Don't worry too much about being an officer unless you are sure that is what you really want. I have met plenty of E4s with 4 year degrees who are in the Army instead of working at Starbucks.

Kek

Let's be honest, A 3.0 is not that bad.

It might not be super competitive, but there's not that much of a difference between a 3.0 and a 3.3. Especially if I was playing D1 sports and doing most of my homework in airports every season with shitty wifi. (Not saying that's an excuse, but if I present myself we'll enough they can probably overlook a 3.0)

>we

who are you?

I wouldnt sign up.
Very unstable.
Lots of liars and back stabbers.
You'll never be a full Soldier.
Everyone will know why you signed up.
You'll probably get injured in training and fuck up your life.
You dont make that much money.
You should go into Construction management.
You'll love it.

With a degree and OCS in your contract - you would arrive to BCT as an E4, upon graduation you would receive your E5 and off to OCS you go.

AF guy here .

He can go fuck off. Most of my NCOS have 3.8 gpas and better degrees than that jew shit .

Says the civilian

curious lawfag here

What is it like being a lawyer/prosecutor in the mitary?

You speak the truth brother. The grunts I worked with retired with MBA's and could put down that they managed 700 people and 3 -15 million dollars worth or supplies and equipment.

Probably shitty.

Just another user, user.

The only reason I mentioned my subpar GPA is because I'm trying to see if I would even be eligible to get in.

The only reason I mentioned college athletics is because I want to attempt to make it clear that I'm not some fat lazy spoiled fuck.

I'm used to waking up at 5AM for workouts/training sessions.

As for serving my country, I didn't mention this but I originally wanted to go in the military to go fuck up sandniggers. I genuinely only wanted to go in to get deployed. Now I realize that's a bit extreme, but I'm still perfectly willing to do the lords work and lower the shitskin population.

You are not competitive for OCS at all. You have a very low GPA, especially for a non-STEM major. It's probably worth a shot going and talking to an officer recruiter but generally speaking you are just not competitive. By the way on /k/ there's a general about joining the military

Really intense!! I have mad respect for JAG's they try really complex stuff straight out of law school. They also play both sides in prosecution and defense.

I'm not an american. But I know a thing or two at least.

There is actually a minimum in the US armed forces, which is 2 years. There's a catch though.. for obvious reasons.
When the 2 years has passed, you still need to be active DUTY member for another 6 years. A.k.a you have to be a reservist.

And to add to this -

They'll know if you committed any crimes, they do a background check.
Don't admit to doing drugs. Alcohol is fine but admitting to doing drugs will have you denied.
Recruiters don't actually care about your school record for getting suspended for calling someone a mean name. They're looking for if you were suspended for smoking meth or for assaulting teachers and shit.

They're going to ask you a bunch of medical stuff, too. They aren't going to check your medical history, HIPAA laws are in effect. So if you have ADHD, don't tell them. They will not check unless you tell them you have something, and sometimes they can give you a waiver, sometimes not. Obvious shit like asthma will get you caught, but mental stuff they can't figure out until you spill the beans. Had a friend with hemophilia get through to boot camp, thinking if he didn't get cut he'd be fine. Got a tiny scratch and bled all over the place, and got separated from the navy for lying. To put that in perspective, they ask your medical details twice, once when you're swearing in, and a second time when you get there. After that, the water is clear.

"it seems kinda risky" "Potentially never make shit"

That right there is why we don't want you, and probably why you can't find a job. You don't present yourself a gogetter who is willing to work 80+ hours a week for a cause and self improvement. If you think that the military is an easy solution, you're wrong. It's hard as fuck in the military. TA sucks, benefits are healthcare and minimum wage and you 50-70 hours a week for it.

I love the army, I really do, it's like having a second family. People that I can trust and rely on. If you're looking to become an officer, you really need take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself "am I ready to become an LT and have 20-60 people rely on my ability to lead and work day and night?"

I need you to understand that being an officer is not an easy job. You'll take on a massive amount of liability. If you suck at your job, you will make an entire platoon hate their lives. The military isn't about money. It's about improving,values, and how well you aim.

Hooah then join up. If you go Army or Marines, go infantry...or combat arms. You will do well. I'm not trying to discourage you. But as an officer, you are assuming tremendous responsibility.

Some of the CID people are pretty cool... although, they sometimes get treated like glorified MPs, and hated on.

You are young so I can understand why you would think some of these things... I'm going to give you a taste of military culture.
I agree with this guy.
If you came into the Navy with that attitude the people who work for you would think you are a retard, and wouldn't respect you because if you have a 2.9 in international business, you probably aren't going to pick up the intricacies of linux, computer software, or electrical engineering fast enough to work with the Combat Systems. Your liberal arts degree indicates you'ld have trouble learning the mechanical engineering side of things to work in the engineering plant, so you'ld likely get stuck in operations department with the other mouthbreathers. Athleticism doesn't really matter unless you are going Special Warfare and nobody will care you are in shape. All that matters is how smart you are and how fast you learn.

Coming in with an attitude of just wanting to make money and being physically fit is all that matters will ensure you have a rough time. The only time your fitness matters is twice a year when you have your PT test, or if it helps the Command check a box somewhere.

The days where being in shape and a college grad was good enough are over. Modern war is very technical and requires a lot of brainpower.

I wasn't JAG, but as an officer I dealt with them a lot. Most JAG lawyers were dipshits who stayed in the Army because they would never cut it in a civilian law firm.

So are you saying that there's no way I can ever be an officer?

That's an obvious exaggeration because my cousin was an idiot who got his gf pregnant, enlisted, and is now an officer. There's no way it's THAT hard.

i didnt have an interview for interim or secret, had two or three interviews with one person (former secret service) over the course of a month for TS. they interviewed all of my personal references from multiple states, but the interview was just him reading your reactions, to see if youre being truthful

>3 references from each job
this is false

>We need no military
top laff
i agree with the rest of your post though

Our oath is to the constitution. If the American people send us off to kill Hajji's (Sand niggers), then so be it.

We don't decide, we just execute.

Even if I enlisted first?

You're making it seem way harder than it seems. My cousin barely finished high school and is now an officer.

Or you could just own up and pay the damn loans back. You can accomplish much more being free than working as a service man.

Military is for fags lol!

That is because you are a squid and don't deal with people IRL.
BTW my GPA was 3.9 not 2.9

>"I wouldn't sign up"
Hmm okay let's what you've got to say
>"You should go into construction management"
kys

> 3 references from each job

For Top Secret it certainly is true.

You want to be an officer?
3 years in the army and a contract for 2 more years.

We need no military, we literally are overseas killing shitskins every day. It's ok, only some people had the balls to go on a crusade to fight the jihadists.

i have a top secret clearance and it is 100% certainly not true

just because you have a clearance does not mean you have access to documents which require your clearance

Can you negotiate with a chieftain so he wont kill your people...Yeah my psych degree does payoff.

Well obviously I'm not just going in for the money. I'm going in for the structure, the opportunity to better myself, and the opportunity to fight for my country (and also the white race)

But money is definitely a factor, so fuck off with all the guilt bullshit.

I finished up Army OCS in February and am at Engineer BOLC now. If you're in good shape, you should be competitive for Army OCS. Air Force will be hard without a STEM degree. Navy never really appealed to me, and I was over the age limits for the Marines. ArmyOCS.org has some good info. Your contract with the Army is 3 years after you commission, so roughly 3.5 years which would include BCT plus OCS. Army OCS is a little different since you go to BCT first and then OCS, whereas with the Marines you go straight to OCS. That being said, Marine OCS is much more "boot campy" since you're not going to their boot camp first, and then you go to The Basic School which is like their finishing program or their version of BOLC, so it ends up probably about the same. A big difference though is that with Marine OCS, you're not joining under contract. Meaning, if you fail out or drop on request, you're free to leave as if it never happened. That's deliberate since they want to weed people out who really want to be there. I kind of wish the Army was like that, since we had some people graduate OCS who I frankly think should not have graduated. But, alas, higher needs to "make numbers." The biggest four causes I've seen for people to not successfully finish Army OCS are 1) the history test. Study for it and you will pass. Plenty of people passed before you so just put in the work. 2) land navigation. Best advice is don't freak out. The instructors are very good at teaching land nav so just shut up and do what they say. 3) Injuries. Take care of yourself, do stretching, foam rolling, whatever. 4) Lack of security clearance. Big one on this is credit problems. Obviously don't be a drug lord or Russian spy either, but I've usually seen bad credit being the big cause.

It's not just truthfulness because they have a CI and full scope poly to really fuck your shit up and figure that out to a tee.
At TS, they want to know if you can be influenced through elicitation.

It kind of goes like this:
Do you have a wife from Russia?
Does she know someone high in the Russian government?
Can they force you to give up secrets to keep your wife?

Through your bad judgements (e.g. gambling habits) or contacts for the past 7 years, can you possibly be forced to spy for another country?

That is a way better way of thinking. I respect that.

How do they expect you to get three references if you worked at McDonald's or some shit one summer? Not saying it's not true, I'm just interested in how that would work out, since I did that shit and can't even remember my manager's name from back then.

This is the only REAL advice in the thread, in 3 years they will pay off your student loans but you won't be eligible for gibill/post 9-11 without extra service.

And to every salty Sgt in here spouting off "go enlisted, won't respect you, your not special" fuck you; they are as stupid here as in the army...

Be physically fit, like 1/2/3/4 level, don't take shit, always be better than everyone else as their job - not hard, men will respect you.

secret - they check to see if you were ever fired from a workplace and for what reasons, and they'll verify how many relatives you have who live in foreign nations. Having parents from a foreign nation is pretty much a no go in most cases.
secret security - they check your computer to see if you research or communicate with people from outside the country. You have nudes from a chick that was from Russia? Too bad no secret security for you
Top Secret - they speak to like 50 people that have known you throughout your life and if even one of them says you shouldn't have that information for any reason you probably won't get the Top Secret clearance

This is what i'm highly suspicious of. The money is all in the private sector and if youre in government and military at that it would only hinder you if your work at your own firm or large private firm.

How do your dudes become officers anyways?
Do you also have to circlejerk on the greatness of your army for 3 years academically?

GPA isn't competitive for OCS but join anyways as enlisted and you can apply for stay 21

discord.gg/aZDUgQ2

I am looking through my DA 201 right now with my SF86 from SEPT 95, and I stand corrected. For each place I lived it was ONE and for each job it was also ONE.
Is it memory or eyesight that is the first to go?

Also this, my story to a tee

Join the navy every other branch treats it's people like shit

For Army OCS, you'd go in as an E-4 with the MOS 09S. Upon graduating Basic Combat Training, you will then go to OCS. I did both BCT and OCS at Ft. Benning, but some do BCT at Jackson and then get flown to Benning for OCS.

Because you're a would be military user, I won't tell you:

kys faggot

I actually agree with you. I tried to tell my son the same thing but he went full retard like his old man.

The only thing I am saying is, if you are going to be an officer, be an officer. We deserve that. I just want officers who aren't shitbags.

If you are naturalized citizen, will you pass SC?
later in the future, im thinking about doing navy ocs for cyber. apparently they are trying to make cyber like JAG or doctors, where you be like O4~6 restricted line. thoughts? i have stem degree, highest honor from nations top engineering college, and working on cs masters

True, but I know some who ended up as both JAG judges and state supreme court judges.

What I loved about the military is that you get out of it what you give in to it.

You from Sud Amerika?

well, they are kinda political position, so to speak. ted lieu was in jag

gook. did gook army enlisted for two years.

I think you should be OK. If you go cyber, you are entering the most important job in defending this nation. If you are up to it, you have my mad respect.

Wait, what was your GPA going in?

Would my circumstances/resume get me into that? I'm 21 now by the way, 22 by then.

I think officers contracts are typically long, but maybe that's including scool. Enlisted the minimum you can do is 3 years and go in as an E4 if you have a bachelor's.

Yes and no. You get paid as E-5 once you class up in OCS, not just on arrival. Meaning, if you graduate Basic on June 1 and you class up with OCS on June 20, you get paid as E-4 from June 1 to June 20. During that limbo time, you will be at OCS's HHC where you will do PT and get some classes to help prepare you for OCS. Back in the day at the height of the surge, there were more candidates than OCS cadre, so a PT test was used to determine who classes up since there were only so many slots. If you didn't meet the cutoff, which could often be 270+, you would be "held over" until the next OCS class, usually a month or so later. Nowadays it's not that extreme. Point being, you could be getting paid as an E-4 for a little while.

Also, obviously this doesn't apply to NCOs who want to transition from NCO to Officer. We had an E-7 in my class who was paid E-7...they don't drop you down to E-5. I think that should be common sense but you'd be surprised some of the questions I've gotten about OCS lol.

thx. ive been living here for a while, really love this country. unfortunately, not a citizen yet. hopefully i would get naturalized b4 i get too old to commission. i think tech job at sf for few years, serving navy for 4 years as o-6 sounds dope.