JAPAN YES

twitter.com/Reuters/status/865406551023960064

Japan's cabinet approved a bill on Friday that would allow Emperor Akihito to step down, paving the way for the first abdication by a Japanese emperor in nearly two centuries.

The 83-year-old emperor, who has had heart surgery and prostate cancer treatment, said in rare public remarks last year he feared age might make it hard for him to fulfill his duties.

Akihito has sought to soothe the wounds at home and abroad of World War Two, which was fought in his father Hirohito's name, and to bring the imperial family closer to the Japanese people. He will be succeeded by Crown Prince Naruhito, 57.

The bill will be sent to parliament, where lawmakers are aiming to pass it before the current session ends next month.

While no definite plan for an abdication has been confirmed, media have said it will likely take place in late 2018, which would mark nearly 30 full years on the throne for the emperor.

Abdication is not possible under current law and the last time an emperor stepped down was in 1817.

The bill is one-off legislation that would allow only Akihito to step down, with no provisions for future emperors.

The crown prince has one teenage daughter, Aiko, who cannot inherit the throne.

In 2005, with hopes for a male heir fading, then-prime minister Junichiro Koizumi prepared to challenge a 1947 law limiting succession to male descendants of an emperor. But the proposal was shelved after Hisahito was born the next year.

Both steps have been suggested as ways to deal with a shortage of male heirs and a shrinking pool of royals generally, a problem thrust back into the limelight this week, with news that Akihito's eldest granddaughter will marry a commoner, after which she too must become a commoner.

archive.is/8G91G

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20100305/as-japan-princess-bullied/
barenakedislam.com/2016/02/25/of-the-27-muslim-refugees-taken-in-by-japan-in-2015-two-turkish-nationals-have-already-gang-raped-a-woman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Japan abandoning traditions.

Would having a bedwetting, demented prune propped up on stages and social gatherings be more dignified?

Yes.

THE JEWS DID THIS

THEY NO LONGER FEAR THE SAMURAI

What happened to just having 16 kids like in the good old days?

You better start doing that Poland.

The islamic hordes wont be far away from you in 20 years time

>Abdication of emperor
>Government will flood Japan with migrants

Happy anti monarchists? This is what you've always wanted!

We Hisahito-sama now

i dont think they will open their borders. asians seem to be immune to the kind of white guilt that we have in the west.

if they do fall to the globalists however, they're fucked.

They will, they are being pressured heavily. Notice the intense shilling about their economy collapsing because of no new (((enrichment))). You'll see it, first to go is the traditions, then the borders fly open.

Watch this space, it's sad.

>Naruhito
>anagram of Hi Naruto

kek

we should nuke them again on the 100th anniversary

What is bad about this?

Naruhito, the emperor's first son will become the next emperor in 2019

What's her endgame?

You're why people hate americans, I hope you know that.

Fuck off back to canada leaf roach

She's a big girl.

Erosion of culture, first step in the destruction of a nation. Of course you wouldn't understand because you have no culture but yeah.

It's a sad day.

Wait I was wrong, the New Orleans thing right now is removing your historical statues so it's sort of similar? I don't know.

fuck off faggot retard.

>be emperor of Japan
>face your greatest challenge
>Highschool
I'm pretty sure I watched this anime already

What a dork. Of course Hirohito was a dork too.
>Emperor's abdicating was the rule rather than the exception at one point this really isn't a big deal.

He's abdicating because he's old as fuck you moron, just like the queen should. His son is replacing him you utter geek.

Japan should become a republic

nice

Daily reminder that the Princess of Japan was raped

>An investigation by the agency and the school revealed that she and several other students had suffered "violent things" from boys in another class, the spokesman said, declining to elaborate.

huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20100305/as-japan-princess-bullied/

Hothead detected

I hope Japan will have a gundam salute or something.

The Emperor might as well be a regular citizen that's how meaningless his position is. He has no real power, not anywhere close to say the Queen of your country.

>my country got fucked up so everyone else's will too!!1!

Nah, fuck that. I still believe in the Japanese, shills are just trying to rile up weebs with false rumors. Japs already knows Middle Easterners/Africans are shit anyway.

barenakedislam.com/2016/02/25/of-the-27-muslim-refugees-taken-in-by-japan-in-2015-two-turkish-nationals-have-already-gang-raped-a-woman/

Pics of Aiko and any doujinshi related to get plz

I accept your hateboner, swedcuck. Nice digits btw.

for you.

Thanks, I just want to be loved. Sorry about all of that, now come fuck my wife

>suffered
>implying she wasn't willing
My comic books tell me Japanese lolies are seductresses

Japanese emperor lost political power in the 9th century and became a master of national ceremonies after that.
Therefore no one attacked to emperor and the system continued for over 1500 years.

>t**k
Of course.

The emperor has wanted to abdicate for sometime because his wife has suffered from extreme depression for decades. What's wrong with giving your son your job so you can retire and have a happier marriage?

you are forgetting your own history masahiko.
remember the meiji restoration and the role of the emperor up until the end of ww2?
he had power over the army without having to ask the diet

You need a diet fatty.

The Shoguns did that i think

and you need to stop being beta and get a wife, that if you are not just a weaboo on vacations or an english teacher.
even amexican knows your history better than you if you are japanese

Hold on, it's not abolishing the role of the Emperor, it's just allowing him to willingly pass it to the next one rather than needing to die first.

Are you trying to be misleading?

Less tacos and soda.

>Britain losing royal family
>Japan losing imperial family

What's coming?

Tradition and culture is not meaningless.
>my country got fucked up so everyone else's will too!!1!
But that's literally the USA, in fact in the span of 100 years since your rise to power all this shit has been going on.

Really makes one question things!

no, the meiji restoration was a war betwen the shogunate and the imperialists, afterwards the emperor took power but at the same time gave space for some democracy forming a diet or parliament if you will that would handle politics, but he included in the constitution that the emperor remained in control of the army.
early ww2 pictures and data point to him having a bigger role than most think because after ww2 the EU decided to make him resign to that power and cleaned his reputation as an atempt to control the population,
after all japan left the war the moment the emperor transmited his voice asking them to acept the dishonor of defeat

>Britain losing royal family
Not happening.

ITT massive fucking weeaboos.

>Japan losing imperial family
no, stupid, the emperor abdicating just means he's giving up the throne to his son before he dies
are you legitimately braindead or something?

i highly respect other cultures so i bother to learn about their history, would you like to discuss something about your county and history?

No, this is a good move.

It's not removing the Emperor, it's making that position more powerful. Allowing someone who is clearly being kept alive by modern science to pass his role down to someone younger and stronger.

If they really wanted to keep tradition, they'd do what the UK does and keep around a senile wimp.

haha, no retard, that's not what happened at all
the meiji restoration was a war between the tokugawa bakufu and a bunch of daimyo who wanted to seize control from them - they just did so under the guise of "returning power to the emperor" so it seemed like they had a noble cause
the emperor had no political power then and still had little after the restoration, it was all in the hands of the oligarchs who designed the new government to maintain their own power

It's a constitutional republic, idiot.

christ America, having knowledge of history is a good thing.

No, emperor must sign on any decision of conference.
At the end of WW2, number of yes and no were same, then emperor chose yes, the end of war.

it was both, actually if you remember properly the daimyo left their title after the restoration returned their domains to the Emperor in 1864

I say monarchy now baron trump
economy be 1000x bigger under monarchy

>Britain
>ignoring France revolution.

Surprise level: Zero.

america is history and future

that was a move by the oligarchy to solidify their control over Japan and modernize the country, it was not motivated by any particular loyalty to the emperor

remember the tribunals after ww2? Hideaki tojo himself said that the emperor ordered the war before retracting because of the desire to keep the emperors reputation.

The japs surrender more than the french these days jesus.

USA overtook euroepans in just 100 years of 1800s when capitalism came as close as it has
WOW
staggering democratation of poer fo capitalism
gov spending < 1% gdp
no regulations
no welfare
ended slavery
WOW
1800s level of gov spending and regs NOW

>that was a move by the oligarchy to solidify their control over Japan
But Mitsubishi is cool.

its true that there was a big part of militar and industrial interests that backed him up and used him as an icon but the emperor also had a part on it, the Meiji emperor had ties to occident and was educated with occidental ideas.

Barron Trump Hisahito anime when?

Damn, been a while since I've seen a flag I don't have yet.