Atheism is gay

>I'm going to deprive myself of 2000 years of tradition so I can get more upvotes on Reddit.

Sort yourself out. At least be an agnostic Christian.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost#Loss_aversion_and_the_sunk_cost_fallacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I went out and socked an atheist in the mouth today, that's what I got from his lectures. Fuck trump and fuck white people

i cant just chose to believe in something just because it's traditional. The evidence convinces me there's no god. Until that changes anything else I do will just be pretending.

>taking the bible literally
The bible aren't tales about what is, it's about how you should act.

Atheists ramble and rave about the creation myth being wrong according to science, sure, apply that science to any of the other stories then.

Debunk kain and abel using the scientific method then

Well that's great to hear. If we can just admit that religious dogma are parables then there's no problem. We can then obviously ignore the lessons it teaches which have not withstood the test of time. Remnants of a desperate age that sacrificed morality for survival.

>people can't have morals without muh religion
kys

how have they not withstood the test of time?

the fact that, right now, you are innocent until proven guilty is a christian idea. Everything about our laws is christian. Our whole civilization is christian. Just because you're ignorant about where you live doesn't mean that something hasn't held up.

and it didn't sacrifice morality of survival.

Have fun with 'muh sex junk'.

your fedora is coming loose, you might want to tip it real fast

You have the morals you do BECAUSE of religion

It's common sense because it was built on the fudimentals of religion

How do you think we decided all this shit

>I'm going to believe in a sandnigger myth so that a priest can fiddle my no no parts
Sort yourself out

>Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.
How is that not moral?

Some haven't, some have. The ones that haven't we can ignore.

which are those?

>agnostic Christian
what the fuck is that

In 2200 years from now on, some "Europeans" will be saying;
"Sort yourself out. At least be an agnostic Muslim"

>Our whole civilization is christian
The very basis of our civilization was established hundreds of years before Christians existed

Funny how the atheists are being attacked now because they don't also don't believe in Islam.

These fucks paved an easy road for all these libshits by their constant Christianity bashing, now look at where we are at.

not cutting the hair on the sides of your head and killing disobedient children.

liberals are simultaneously against religon but also against science because science infringes on their special little religion islam - and biology or what have you.

Let them implode.

There are little to no libshits and muslims in civlized East Asia, the most atheist region of the world

Christfags don't understand that if you're not Christian, then Christian rules don't apply to you.

As an atheist, I totally agree.

It was the Atheism+ movement which was the progenitor to today's incarnation of social justice rhetoric.

Just because something got us to where we are, doesn't mean we should apply it as dogma. You can keep all of the moral values of the christian religion, without having to worship some supreme being. Someone should just go and write "The Book of Morality" and then just spend your days reading that and being a decent fucking human being.

Christianity evolved from what came before it, dummy.

Christianity is another movement in the great epiphanies on how to live life successfully

and christianity is oc?

Read the mesopotamian creation myth and read the egyptian creation myth. See how much they have in common, still not happy with that because those stories are close together?

The kwakwaka'wakw, canadian tribe, have a flood story as well. All religions have had flood stories. There was something before all religions that set that foundation as well.
why is it a surpreme being? As I said, christianity isn't about what is, it's about how to act.

Why not act as if there is a god? (creating order out of chao)

It evolved from sandniggers traditions, not from superior European civilization

then we should have no problems not teaching creationism in schools or preventing the sale of liquor on sunday.

Holy fuck great job on taking those verses out of context. You are literally slurping the shit soup the cultural marxists shat out in 60's to disprove Christianity.

I have spent the last decade disproving your retarded and false claims (crusades were evil, christians kept everyone in the dark ages) all of these lies came out of the mouths of lying atheists faggots like yourself. Good riddance to the movement. Continue shoving butt plugs up your ass while I raise my 5 white children.

>Why not act as if there is a god?
because there isn't, and I cannot justify acting on falsehoods.

Whats the point of following a middle eastern religion? Many 'christian' traditions come from paganism.

what defines god for? god is the thing that creates order out of chaos, man was created in gods eyes. What might that mean? It could mean something like "Aim at the highest possible good that you can conceive of, whatever that is that you can conceive of, that serves as your god for all intents and purposes.

Old civilization worshipped nature because they didn't understand it. Our comprehension of nature evolved since the time of these mythos

>denying yourself earthly pleasures because some other cucks did 2000 years ago

you only have one life you can't afford to waste it in church

they weren't wanting to understand it. They wanted to know how you should act. Modern people deem themselves smart and rational but they are not. The average person doesn't think in scientific terms.

If I hold a pen in front of you and I ask you what it is, you're gonna say it's something to write with. Is it really? No, that's it's function. You aren't gonna scientifically define a chair, because to you, it's something to sit on. That's what I mean when I say "they were trying to figure out how to live"

The highest possible good i can conceive of includes a reverence for an objective reality and acknowledgment of the truth regardless of what deeply cherished beliefs are violated.

I cannot do this and also believe in any sort of god. Because the literal do not exist and the figurative are rhetorical.

> it's about how you should act.

implying i should let some 2000 year old sand niggers who wanted to control the populace dictate how i should act

I care about tradition, perhaps even moreso than Christians, which is why I'm a pagan.
Stop worshipping a kike on a stick.

>Agnostic Christian

A true Agnostic accepts they know nothing, they do not limit themselves to one religion or dont know, they are open to anything

Those stories aren't meant to be taken literally. So you're falsely interpreting them to, basically, create a strawman out of them.

You aren't gonna dismantle a good, fictional, books because it's not real and wave it aside on that note.
You are letting them decide how you should act right now, by participating in western society.

I try to think in scientific terms. I can't think of any rationnal reason to follow some 2000 years old sandnigger book rather than what Western philosophy has produced since then.

and by prioritizing survival and necessity they sacrificed morality and freedom.

Some made up term so right-wing atheists can pretend to be better than their liberal counterparts while still not actually committing to religion. Now that atheism is mainstream and accepted, it's counter-cultural and edgy to LARP as a devout Christian.

Some of us don't give up tradition entirely. I just don't need to be practicing Christians or any other religion to live a moral life, so I don't get involved with the actual worship side of Christian tradition.

>2000 years of tradition

Great point right there. This shit has been around for an unimaginably tiny fraction of human existence. It's used for control and has a history of ridiculous violence. What is it about the human mind that makes this kind of mental illness of believing in a deity so prevalent?

Please give me a good reason to be a Christian that doesn't involve forcing me to abandon any disbelief or ability to question sacred fairy tales.

yea but what about jesus

You don't try to think in scientific terms. That's simply not true.

If you're drinking water, you don't care that it's h2o or that those hydrogen atoms are refreshing to your palette

I dont agree the bible is a good book. It is being presented to me as an instruction manual for my life with infinite credibility, but I can plainly observe its faults. Therefore, I cannot regard the book as credible and read its message with skepticism. Most of the ideas on morality in the bible are obviously correct or obviously wrong to me. The nuanced ones come in the forms of 21st century interpretations of ancient slang, and i cannot give them much credit.

How am I supposed to ignore that the factual information is incorrect and the philosophical argumentation is not particularly outstanding?

freedom is amoral

This guy is a cult leader no?

a scientific mode of thinking is applying skepticism and the scientific method to every day life. It is not conceptualizing nouns with "science words" as opposed to having emotions.

because they don't try to be factual. The fact that you dismiss the bible on factual indescrepencies just speaks for itself that you learned your religion by the ideologically possessed.

this
read the bible no outside imput and it sucks hard

What Christian traditions come from Paganism? Christmas trees came from Saint Boniface cutting down a pagan tree. Gift giving stems from Saint Nicholas.

>b-but Christian holidays are on muh pagan holidays so they're pagan in origin!

And Pagan holidays are on Shaman ones and directly stole gods from Shamanism which predates Paganism by thousands of years. So your point?

Done thanks OP really hurts my gurts

So I have placed along side morality as its own distinct virtue lost by ancient people who had to toil to barely survive.

>You don't try to think in scientific terms. That's simply not true.
When ot comes to non trivial stuff, I do

>Agnostic Christian
I've seen some Christian moderation in my time, but damn you guys must really be suffering for new believers.

Sage
Leafs posting about /bant/ level shit when we're about to get fucked up by c16 and m103.

Sort yourselves out. Leafdar in trouble.

Jesus was misunderstood anyways. He claimed he was god implying that everyone is. People took it as if he was special and he was god in the flesh and god alone. I respect Christianity though, good traditions. Paganism is good to for tradition but if you want truth you should not follow a religion just because of tradition

You still don't do that.

You can be skeptical all you want but you won't question the validity of sketch comedy shows, movies, books, etc because they story is not true.

You think you're being incredibly skeptical by following in the skeptics path when discussing religion. That's not entirely skeptical. It's very easy to dismantle a story based on reason and skeptical thinking. It's hard to know what the story meant based on the information that's handed to you.
what is non-trivial for you?

Most Christians are like this.

Being able to pick and choose your beliefs is nice, because the religion is obviously too fucky to follow exactly as written.

>What is it about the human mind that makes this kind of mental illness of believing in a deity so prevalent?

Natural Selection, oh the irony i know but nature can select for traits that promote social cohesion

Who said Christians waste life in Church? Most don't even go. It's still beats being an atheist cuck wasting your life on Sup Forums or Facebook complaining and debating about something you don't believe exists. Atheism is the ultimate cuckholdry as a resort.

You atheists dedicate your entire lives to debunking the religion of some peasant Jew who achieved more in three years than atheism has in thousands ever since ancient atheist philosophers made naturalist atheism a organised philosophy.

Atheism is still a minority. Take the hint and give up.

Is there a Christian sect that's nice and conservative but not retarded on subjects like Evolution and the Big Bang. If the Catholic Church weren't led by a commie and wasn't becoming increasingly more blacked I'd probably be interested in getting on board with them... but eh.

>ignore the moral statements
ok matthijs nice "arguments"

>social cohesion

That is a fun term I admit.

Thing that have an actual impact on my life, like philosophy, politics ...

> I just don't need to be practicing Christians to live a moral life

All right I'll bite. If you don't believe in a God who tells you right from wrong, how do you know what's moral? Example:

> hurting others is bad
Why?
> I say so.
Ok. I say it's moral to kill people if I want. Who are you to disagree?

If there is a higher power, it has decidedly awarded Christianity the most prosperity.

The one true

on what base you think yourself freeer and moraly superior?

You can still find plenty of traditional Catholics who hate Francis. You could also try the Orthodox church, though I'm not sure how retarded they are on evolution or the big bang

I'd like you to note that any philosophy isn't grounded in science. It's also a way of like, all be it a more "intellectual" way of viewing the world. Why don't you question this, in scientific terms?

Philosophy, can be argued to be the logically written out meanings of religions

What kinda philosophy do you buy into?

>decidedly
wrong

Moral is just a way to allow human society to thrive. If everyone is out their killing each other, society will not thrive.

Hehe, yeah goy, the (((Christians))) are the most prosperous group.

> that any philosophy isn't grounded in science. It's also a way of like, all be it a more "intellectual" way of viewing the world
phillosphy IS science

> can be argued to be the logically written out meanings of religions
can be argued to not be it
you mean morality or ethics

>What kinda philosophy do you buy into?
the logically sound

Christians don't pick and choose. I bet you're one of those atheist fags who still hasn't figured out the difference between the Old Covenant and the New.

Little tip: Christians can eat shellfish. Read The New Testament. Jesus did away with dietary laws and stoning etc.

it isn't science, not at all.

Which ones are logically sound?

Ultraorthodox Agnosticism is the only true religion of our time.

Religion has no purpose anymore.

It had a purpose in the past, it was used to advance civilizations.

There's no point in being religious anymore. Jews, who are more intelligent than Christians, realize this and have started abandoning their religion.

>doing a thing is right becasue we did it for a long time

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost#Loss_aversion_and_the_sunk_cost_fallacy

If you take a literalist approach you're no better than a Bible Belt Christian.
Fucking hell - you present yourself like you're smart.
Try following through.

Paganism is primitive. What did it contribute to European society? Your ancestors were barbaric white niggers before The Roman Empire (with new found faith in Christianity) introduced science and democracy to you nordfags.

Paganism is literal sky wizardry but you probably follow it ironically just to be a hipster.

its a social science.

don't lump it in with real science brah.

HAAAAA HOOOOLY SHIT GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY

SCIENCE IS A BRANCH OF PHILOSOPHY YOU UTTTTTEEEEERRRRR FAAAAAGGGGGOTTTTTT

Agnostic Muslim is most rational.

Thinkers from the 16th century (Erasme, Montaigne), the Enlightments (Volatire, Montesquieu) and some modern thinkers (mainly Camus) are my main references. I'd argue that most of these philosophers (except Camus) have a scientific, or at least rationnal, approach to philosophy. They analyze facts rather than sputing spiritual shits.

I personally know a leaf.
ZERO discussion on those topics.
The worst part - I'll be called a xenophobe if I start defending free speech.
The left is going batshit crazy right now.
I wish you all the best up there.

You realise belief in deities goes back further than 2000 years right?

What mental illness persists in atheists that they think their own bullshit is right and will kill for their so-called non belief as the USSR did? Works both ways.

>God told us that we could just forget all the things God said before, he changed his mind

I would say philosophy is not science but its an essential tool for it

does phillosophy observes and draw conclusions whose value is determined by the predictive capability or reproductivity of said observations or conclusions?

every phillosophy that follows logic is logically sound
if you make fallacious statements or baseless assumptions you cease to be logical

Sort yourself out.

try orthodox christianity

Greeks came before the Romans and were civilized.
Additionally you forgot to mention that Christianity led to the demise of the Roman empire. Before Constantine, the Roman empire was pagan, and the golden era in Rome "Pax Romana" was under pagan rule. Christianity led to the fall of Rome and the beginning of the Dark Ages.