Democrats backing away from impeachment talk

Democrats are backing away from impeachment talks fast.

Something threw a scare into them pretty bad. I think the Seth Rich case has really panicked the right people, and now they're terrified that Anons will actually crack the case and bring down the whole DNC.

Even Nancy Pelosi is trying to stop the talk of impeachment.

Tell us Sup Forums why are they suddenly so scared?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SpXl8mlW-hk&t=100s
townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/05/17/gowdy-clinton-doj-n2327992
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll be honest, I was on board the Impeach Trump train with getting Trump impeached, but yesterday I changed my mind.

All these media pieces they're running on him just feel more vicious than genuine. I'm still skeptical of him, but I don't
think he deserves to be impeached anymore. I've never seen someone so viciously attacked like him. It's pretty
obvious elites don't want him. I'm still a dem at heart but, I fully support Trump now. We can't let the deep state get
their hands on those codes

Art of the deal.

Everyone started grumbling about a civil war. Its the last thing the elite want is a french revolution style uprising with ten million armed Americans.

193 Democrats; 290 votes to impeach (and, as we saw with Clinton, impeachment means fuck all if you don't have the votes to convict in the Senate).

Where are the votes? They need nearly 100 House Republicans to cross over, and that's assuming all red state Democrats hold rank, and not one has said they'd vote to impeach. This is nothing but fucking noise.

They are scared because they are spineless chumps. Like you, faggot. Trump is a lover and to be a lover you've got to be a vicious mother fucker on the flip side. You have to stand for something greater than yourself. I hope he burns every last treasonous piece of filth there is in our government. AND I HOPE I GET TO SEE IT LIVE IN FRONT OF THE CAPITOL

No matter what the (((MSM))) says, the large number of voters that filled in the bubble next to Trump's name still support him, and his supporters see that everyone is still against him. By impeaching Trump they're impeaching the will of the American people. The American people that own most of the guns. Even gun grabbers like pelosi know that.

The DNC fucked itself, because now their servers will be part of the investigation

bump

>faggots btfo
>globalists btfo
>IC btfo
>dem cunts btfo

>Something threw a scare into them pretty bad.
Nah, they just don't want to be next on the chopping block. Their constituency is a bunch of deranged infantile imbeciles that think if they march around with enough signs or hats suddenly they'll get the MADAME PRESIDENT they want.

So the DEMs are stuck, they can't actually impeach Trump but have to keep stoking the hate until 2018. But their base isn't sophisticated enough to "wait" for results. And when the angry left doesn't get the results they demand from DEM lawmakers IMMEDIATELY they'll be the next targets of silly chants and disruptive behavior.

Worst case scenario for a DEM
>stoke hatred and anger in your base
>base demands impeachment
>you have to tell them it's not possible
>base turns on you
>you tell them to support DEM candidates in 2018
>they tell you to fuck off

This. My buddies and I were gearing up to hit the streets guns in hand. They know they're overstepping their bounds

>mfw this failed coup will only galvanize non-Democrats for 2018 midterms'
That's probably why they're slamming on the breaks, they don't want too many people to feel forced to pick a side because they're afraid of which side will have more people.

I always had some crazy theory that this whole infighting thing is a ruse distraction and we are all being fooled. The Dems and reps are playing us like a fiddle.

Think about it, the media focuses on the dumbest stuff on trump most of the time. That means you are seeing very little stuff of what bills and actual things are passed by the admin. Therefore they could pass all these subtle things to screw over goyim and yet they are too focused on Russia and two scoops.

>Democrats backing away from impeachment talk
Of course. They'd much rather have Trump and GOP clusterfucking America for at least the next 2 years so solid blue Dems get elected for the next 20 years

They don't actually want a real impeachment because it would exonerate Trump when it's over, much like with Bill.
They want MUH RUSSIA to being a talking point for 2020.

Enough of this copypasta.

Because of they take out Trump, republicans retaliate by taking out Clinton and Obama's legacy. It's a house of cards neither side wants to disrupt.

This is 100% it. This is why Trump himself kept the story alive by doing dumb shit, it serves as a distraction from his policies so no one shills against them and it's easier for them to pass.

I feel those on the right should support oginazations such as the Justice Democrats looking to primary moderate dems and replace the candidates with leftists.

Supporting the Leftist is a win win situation. If the leftist wins the candidacy in a moderate district they'll lose in a landslide. If the moderate wins the primary they still would have had to use precious resources in the primary, and you know the leftists won't show up to actually support the moderate incumbent.

It would hasten the implosion of the left and the democrat party.

its a bad strategy.

they only have so much political capital, they should use it to fight his ridiculous policies that often pass with only 6-20% approval...thats hardly working for the people

I have no idea why you are in a forum called "politics" if you cannot understand even the most basic and simple shit. Quickly take a look at the chart. Excluding outliers, the average time it takes to complete an independent investigation, like the one that just started is about 500 days.

What's happening 537 days from now? The 2018 election. That is important because of three reasons.

1) Impeachment is ultimately a political process, not a strictly legal one. First you need the House to reach a simple majority vote to try the President for Impeachment. So 50+% of Reps need to side against the President. While it's obvious that Trump is guilty of two impeachable offenses (Obstruction of Justice, Witness Intimidation) that doesn't matter-- there is not enough outrage to move the party in power to vote against him, regardless of his impeachable offenses. The public would need to care more. So they want to wait to try their current grounds for impeachment after 2018, when they will be able to get the votes easier.

2) The investigation can be used as a dark cloud over the 2018 elections. It will complete and be made public right then-- whatever the extent of the wrongdoing is. That will tilt the elections in and of itself. The Democrats want to use the messaging of impeachment then, to motivate voter turnout.

3) If the investigation reveals extreme wrongdoing, they don't want the Impeachment message to be old hat.

Here is my cool chart, I am sorry I forgot it.

also, im sure where the confusion on this issue arises. he asked comey to let Flynn off after he know that Flynn was an agent of turkey.

that's textbook obstruction of justice.

SEDITION

so basically this whole thing was just another lefty temper tantrum

Maybe I haven't looked very hard, but I don't see anyone talking about this

youtube.com/watch?v=SpXl8mlW-hk&t=100s

>I've never seen someone so viciously attacked like him.
It's historically unprecedented, believe me.

>Something threw a scare into them

gee... i wonder who could have been behind this...

holy crap that henry cisneros investigation.

>Something threw a scare into them pretty bad
Yes, they realized they fell into the republican trap. The republicans want the Comey memos publicized and all the associated news media coverage that goes with it, because they know it will implicate Obama and Clinton in criminal activity, like suppressing the investigation and letting her off the hook for the unsecure classified email server she kept in her bathroom

Because they realise if they get rid of him now they wont get free wins in 2018 and a blow out win in 2020.

It's obviously a cover-up

They'll get neither. People thought the Bush presidency would pave the way for eternal democrat victories. It didn't. The pendulum swung back real fast after Obama, with Dems losing control of everything.

I believe they polled people to find out how it would go over. Saw an article two days ago the dems were pollong impeachment. Must not look good.
If he gets impeached for anything other than. The indefensible, it will make democracy look like a sham.

>like suppressing the investigation and letting her off the hook for the unsecure classified email server she kept in her bathroom

Gowdy said today that Comey made the right choice back in July based on classified information.. you calling Gowdy a red?

Trump has to be unpopular enough for 100 Republicans to be willing to flip and vote to impeach him, and that's only going to happen if the Republican party as a whole turns on him, or if he's so unpopular individual congressmen flip due to pressure. Democrats probably don't want to start an impeachment that will fail, so they're waiting and hoping the situation deteriorates for Trump.

Not gonna lie, former #ImpeachTrump supporter here. It's fucking terrifying watching the MSM lie and distort. But in all seriousness we can't let the deep state get their hands on the nuclear codes.

Nope dems are just dumb. Many trump voters were dems and dems Continue to alienate them. Dems stand no chance until they tire of having no power and start looking to compromise on some of their fanatical beliefs

Yeah. Why the sudden change?

Bush actually deserved to be impeached, but Pelosi said impeachment wasn't on the table. If the Dems didn't have the balls in such a clear-cut case, good luck with Trump, whose only criminality so far exists in the often debunked chatter of a bunch of anonymous sources.

townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/05/17/gowdy-clinton-doj-n2327992
>“Trust me when I tell you this, Martha — I know what it was and I have been a critic of James Comey in the past. But he made the only decision he could have made with respect to appropriating that decision away from the Department of Justice and making the decision himself,” he continued.

“I only take away from that that you are suggesting that there were more entanglements between the Clintons and perhaps the Justice Department than everyone understands,” McCallum guessed.

“You’re very perceptive,” Gowdy replied.
>“You’re very perceptive,” Gowdy replied.
“You’re very perceptive,” Gowdy replied.
>“You’re very perceptive,” Gowdy replied.

He knew Susan Rice was corrupt, if he recommended charges, she might have appropriated the investigation to eventually suppress and destroy evidence. Gowdys comments suggest there are investigations still ongoing....this is what the Dems just realized and are now scared shitless of if Comey is forced to reveal his memos

see

I don't get that. The Clinton investigation is still on?

They realised the hypocrisy of saying Russia "threatened our democracy" when they are willing to remove the highest ranking American because of a prolonged temper tantrum from losing an election

>ridiculous policies that only have 6-20% approval
Which policies would those be, specifically?

>Trump has committed two impeachable offenses
Do you have a single shred of PROOFS? (No, you don't.)

>Tell us Sup Forums why are they suddenly so scared?
Because they realize that nothing Trump did is actually impeachable. Shady yes when given the usual msm spin, but that won't fly before the house, let alone the senate. And with the fantastic accusations and speculations being thrown around, we're already way past libel/slander territory.

Two things going on:

1) They've energized their base with too many unrealistic expectations. And it's only May. Which means after their efforts fizzle and Mueller exonerates the administration of any wrong-doing, it's 3 years of Trump mocking them for being loud mouth useless, leading to extreme voter apathy by 2020 and possibly an additional 4 years of Trump.

2) Trump has friends in the DoJ, and they sure as hell are sharpening the DOJ axes. There's a lot of libel and slander on tape and Trump is the vindictive type. If it's not their heads, it'll be the heads of every liberal pundit and fakenews "journalist" on their payroll. Enough judicial precedent is set by prosecutions that journalists are once again... journalists. Come November 2020, there won't be any news corp willing to toe the partisan line, let alone cross it.

The Dems are so fucking retarded, this is going to backfire spectacularly.

>they think if they leave trump alone we'll leave them alone
Too kek Who cares? Let's crack the case anyway and send their asses to jail

We don't know, but what Gowdy is implying is that the Clintons pretty much corrupted the DoJ and have a bunch of their stooges in there. Loretta Lynch was probably one of them.

America is the perfect ground right now for a civil war to fire up. Has been for 2 years before trump even. All it will take now is a spark and arresting trump would like shooting a gasoline lake with a flamethrower

If this is true we may just finally have the answer to all this. The biggest question, in my opinion, is why didn't they let the FBI look at those servers?

Also the majority of trump voters voted for him because they were and are angry at the establishment, at globalism. If trump is removed and some cookie cutter puppet dem is put in I can guarantee that anger will boil over to all out killing

No its notnyou shitlord. Have you ever heard of prosecutorial discretion? The government can decide who to prosecute and who not to prosecute. As the head of the executive branch trump could have told Comey "drop the case against Flynn" and he would have broken zero laws, but he didn't even go that far. Just bc you don't like trump doesn't mean every single thing he does is illegal. Live in the real world, man.

I like your thinking. Sup Forums has started using the Jews own tactics against them and I fucking love it

Fucking this.

As sue-happy as Trump is, I'm hoping and betting he's cataloging every random accusation against him, and the moment he is exonerated by the independent investigator he's going to rev up the civil suits.

I don't think the politicians that keep running their mouths are used to dealing with people like Trump, who doesn't play by their rules.

You gotta fight fire with fire

its only partially seth rich

its his ultimatum of the arab nato

the fucker went full on against israel and israel is calling of their attack

trump is literally unfucking the US from israel

a hero, i knew he would do it when he said he would back in 2000

Dont go after the rat, go after the rat nest

they are so scared because they realized this really was 4d chess and trump is not just innocent,they played right into his hand, they know that if this gets pushed its going to backfire badly onto them when it comes out that there was never any collusion and the scare tactics by the media has stirred up something that was never really true to begin with and it went to far.

The absolute last thing ((they)) want is an armed insurrection, because it's the one thing they cannot truly manipulate and control.

((They)) would sooner prefer global thermonuclear war, as evidenced by their backing of clinton.

Because it's a one way street. When they push this and nothing comes of it, it all comes crashing down on their shoulders.
They've already spent his entire presidency embarrassing themselves and pushing more voters away. Now that they didn't get Hillary to import them en masse, they're playing a losing game.

They're scared because they're so corrupt that any intensive FBI investigation is going to bring all of their shady shit to light.

>like the one that just started is about 500 days.
they are not starting from scratch, they have almost a year of investigation into this issue.they are about 300 days into it already.

It's really odd

The only people who still have faith in the Democratic party are nutjobs

They pushed away everyone else

maybe they finally realized they were only enabled so that they could be exposed, made examples of, and used as a catalyst for the 4th reich... but then again, kikes arent known for their critical thinking skills

>Politico
Shitty MSM News. MSM is in cahoots with the Clintons (they started the Russian narrative) and a Media Matters dossier revealed that this is all a plan to sow seeds of disdain in the American people so that they vote for Globalist shills. Don't forget, Media Matters is funded by kikes like Soros.

They are standing down because at this moment, they dont got the numbers to pull off an Impeachment. Even if every Democrat votes Yes, the Republican House stands with him and only 2-3 Senators are #NeverTrumpers (Rubio, Graham and McCain). They also can't keep pushing for this forever because a fear is that in 2018 - 2020, the people will get sick of the Democrat Senators and House and may protest vote against them and throw their asses to the curb. Trump can then pass more legislation and various other Acts that could put chinks in the Democrats' future plans.

The people still largely support Trump despite his flaws and Trump is actually being effective despite his setbacks. These people believe that the Media is also the enemy of the people (which it is, even for redpillers that are Anti-Trump). If he gets impeached, not only will Pence take over, who is also a Neo-Con, but the nationalist, patriots and even redpills will resort to armed revolt if necessary, as allowed in the 2nd Amendment.

There is also the Seth Rich story. Although it has some user sources and has more questions, it is close to being validated. If this story is 100% confirmed, it will prove that not only are the DNC incredibly corrupt, but they will also be the embodiment of evil and anyone who supports them at this point is a complete fucking shill for it.

I'll be honest, I was on board the Impeach Trump train with getting Trump impeached, but yesterday I changed my mind.

All these media pieces they're running on him just feel more vicious than genuine. I'm still skeptical of him, but I don't
think he deserves to be impeached anymore. I've never seen someone so viciously attacked like him. It's pretty
obvious elites don't want him. I'm still a dem at heart but, I fully support Trump now. We can't let the deep state get
their hands on those codes

>Seth Rich
This will be enough to completely fracture the Democrats and even abolish it if necessary.

They also want to protect their own asses from investigation, given the fact many Democrats have scandals and skeletons that they don't want revealed to the public, especially if your name is Obama or Clinton. Comey is in a position to reveal this information to save his own ass from jail if he must. This also explains why they are wasting time with "allegations" and these pointless investigations.

>tfw never fell for the "4d chess is just a meme" meme.

If we can prove it, and only if.

>1
There's no proof, so no congressman worth his salt will vote to impeach him with what is available now. He is, as of now, not guilty of anything.
>2
Fair enough, but that prediction assumes there was wrongdoing. Assuming there's not, however, but the dems still run on the investigation, their numbers will plummet if they don't move to impeach him following the vote, and they won't.
>3
It already is. They've been screaming "impeachment" since November. Every time Trump does anything, and I mean anything, Trevor Noah, Colbert, CNN, and MSNBC all pose the question "but can he be impeached?"

can it finally be time

They just need more solid sources outside of user sources, Wikileaks needs to confirm it and the PI if he is doing his job, needs to get his hands on the laptop to confirm it.

Pence would be president if he was impeached and he's been openly anti gay idk why libs want that

Pretty much this. Trump is still a populist leader for now, if they try to impeach him, they're going to have some very angry people on their hands who feel like their only voice in a corrupt government was just removed from office. It's a fucking horrible idea to try to impeach him with the current tensions in America.

They finally realized the danger to them of having a DOJ special counsel. It's that simple. But the genie's already out of the bottle.

This is a lot for me to completely grasp but could that have been the point all along?

>1
The Comey Memo had no witness intimidation, he was just kindly asking him to step down from investigating him because the man had been through enough. Also, as I said in my post, what won't stop the American people from throwing a protest vote down and getting more House Representatives (somewhat unlikely due to Trumpcare) and Senators (VERY likely) on the Democrat side thrown out. As I also said, every Republican in the House stands with him and there is only 1 Democrat and 3 Republicans in the Senate that aren't who they are supposed to be supporting.

>2
As I said, what won't stop the people from throwing a protest vote to the Democrats and stopping them? Do you really expect the Democrats to take back both the House and Senate with enough seats to impeach him. On top of that, do you really think the Democrats have a solid plan right now to run the country, especially given how many are redpilled, know about their corruption and how well Obama ran things for 8 years?

>3
There hasn't been evidence of him doing any extreme wrongdoing outside of "Muh Russians", "MSM horseshit" and "user Sources"

Bump

it would fail and look poorly. GOP is not fully behind in congress. would look like the Clinton impeachment. giant waste of time and money followed by political backlash.

No he wouldn't. Al Gore didn't become president after Clinton was impeached.

Ok Kevin. I'm already going to watch season 5, you don't have to shill.

Impeachment doesn't mean removal from office

This ten hundred thousand times. Impeachment needs both parties, and they'd likely go along party lines. They don't want to squander time.

We'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

Oh look, we win again, effortlessly and without contest.

But that's not what's going to happen. The economy is improving rapidly and they can only hinder Trump's policies for so long before he purges their court appointees or bypasses them.

The Democrats are desperately clawing at this narrative of Trump's presidency being a disaster, but it isn't. It factually, empirically is not, and the only parts of it that are going less than smoothly are the parts THEY are obstructing. The longer this goes on the better Trump will look at the more embarrassing and cringeworthy Democrat resistance will become. They're fucked in 2018 because Democrats NEVER hit hard in the midterms, they're fucked even harder in 2020 because they'll just get Bernie vs Hillary Round 2.