The Chinese Domination

What does Sup Forums think about Chinese automakers shortening the quality gap between their cars and foreign car companies year by year?

Currently, there is still an obvious gap between something like a Geely sedan and a Toyota sedan, the latter will still garner much higher sales because of how trustworthy Toyota has been with consumers around the world, but I don't think they'll be that dominant a decade or so from now if the Chinese keep up their progress. Companies like BYD and Geely and Changan are making companies like Ford and Chevrolet lose a lot of their Chinese buyers because the negative stigma of owning a Chinese car has nearly vanished, just look at interiors of some cars like the Geely Boyue and the Changan CS35, these are decent-to-good interiors and the ride quality is not bad at all, people can actually rely on these cars without having them fall apart or break down for at least 5 years.

Even then, I do NOT like how companies like Ford are slacking behind in the family market and making the same mistake they committed back in the 70's. Remember when Japanese cars back then were given the same judgment people give to Chinese cars now? Now look at how abundant Hondas and Toyotas are around the world, they're competing in quite literally every single market from economical subcompacts to high-speed performance vehicles to even large pick-up trucks with luxurious interiors, and this is all because of American automakers sitting on their asses and fighting with each other by cutting down costs and quality of their vehicles instead of making sure foreign competition doesn't take over their entire market.

>limit nearly hit

Part (1/2)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1At2H-lIJog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Part (2/2)

History will repeat itself because Ford currently is focusing on niche performance vehicles like the Mustang and Raptor and the GT, and because of their pandering to niche markets, they are practically neglecting the much bigger common consumer market. Does anyone even buy a NEW Ford Taurus nowadays? No, because Ford hasn't bothered to update their full-sized sedans in forever and people are either flocking for Impalas or Camrys or USED Tauruses, and the same applies to how the Explorer's sales are dwindling to the more affordable and reliable Tahoe, it even gets better fuel economy and interior quality at the same or lower price for God's sake.

Even Korean and Japanese companies are going to struggle if they make the same mistake as American companies. It doesn't help that China already makes the majority of products and electronics from most companies around the world, just imagine how bad it would be if they dominate the automaking market as well.

Just look at this interior quality, it looks and feels like it came out of a Volvo. Automakers around the world better step up and start focusing on the common consumer market even more than before, they shouldn't think that China will be easy to push out of the competition.

This concludes my rant, I really hope this doesn't get buried underneath the piles of shitposts this board is infamous for.

bump

Come on, I put some effort into this.

The age of internal combustion engine is coming to an end, I think Chinks have a chance to dominate electric car market. So they should rather focus on that one.

Also have you noticed that there is a massive quality drop with the German cars? Late German vehicles come with enormous troubles.

Yes, companies like Volkswagen and BMW are losing their quality, and I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

When it comes to the hybrids and electrics, there is still a lack of progress on ALL automakers except maybe Toyota, so the Chinese still have time to catch up and be a very fierce competitor. Tesla is just a niche manufacturer, they aren't exactly in the same league as Nissan and Hyundai or whatever.

youtube.com/watch?v=1At2H-lIJog

I saw geely cars in Cuba, they all looked like cheap shit. Worse than Kia

Sup Forums ?

They are shit, for now. What you said is exactly the same thing Americans said about Hondas back in the 60's.

If we ignore the weeaboo memes for a second, Asian women are great wife material, no doubt about that. I once knew a kid was happier with his dad's second wife, who was a Korean, and considered her more motherly than his biological British mom.

All cars look the same, feel the same (MORE OR LESS) and are ugly overly protective nannys on wheels.

>hurr durr a Camaro looks and drives exactly like a Corolla

Stop being retarded.

Have you ever driven a chinese car?

They're not bad. They're not good, but they aren't awful like indian cars either.

I'd put them above GM, because lets face it, GM cars are trash designed for the lease market, but below actually good cars like ford, toyota, subaru, honda.

Basically Chinese cars are like Korean cars 20 years ago. Good, but not great, better than many, but not good enough

I haven't driven one, but my college classmate has given me a ride in his Changan SUV and it isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, and I'm starting to see some more new Chinese cars parked by the road as of late.

Anyway, don't be that harsh about GM, at least they're not neglecting the common consumer, they actually managed to outsell Toyota's Land Cruiser with their Tahoes and Yukons back in 2011, and that's a serious feat because Saudis are diehard fans of Land Cruisers.

Fucking sand nigger, of course I don't mean that a muscle car and a family saloon drive the same, but other cars in their respective categories do.

I agree! Furthermore these chinese cars are better than ten years ago's Renault, Citroen, FIAT, Peugeot etc vehicles.

The only Chinese car manufacturer I know of is geely.

Yeah, I noticed that, they are /slightly/ better than a 2006 Lexus LX470.

Slightly, they just come with the benefit of cheaper parts, otherwise the Lexus still has better riding quality but the same level of reliability.

Eurocrap cars have always been crap. There's a reason why people import BMWs and Saabs but not Puegots.

Alfa Romeo can sometimes pull the dick out of their ass and make something decent, but more often than not its just a fiat with curves.

And there aren't that many muscle cars getting sold. Most cars on the road are now econo CUV shitboxes.

Why the fuck do all these Asian cars look ugly as fuck?

>the same applies to how the Explorer's sales are dwindling to the more affordable and reliable Tahoe, it even gets better fuel economy and interior quality at the same or lower price for God's sake.

The new Explorer looks stupid. A very important point is that modern car designers don't have taste.

What will the future of driving even look like? I hear some people talk of a system of self driving cars, where nobody owns a car, but merely calls one when they need it, the car drives you to your destination, then you hop out, and the car disappears in the fleet of self driving cars. Sounds like a communist nightmare to me.

Bump for interesting thread. OP come back.