CATHOLIC GENERAL: READ THE SUMMA EDITION

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/051917.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=EJxRDhejtwo
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/user/onearmsteve4192/featured
youtube.com/watch?v=hnalPZl4krk&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=20
youtube.com/watch?v=Kqk--wvfZRo&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=iYxmo7Dpi0M&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=30
youtube.com/watch?v=WWFeM-Rper0&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=KBckoWr2Vs8&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=Mq79hZdhjO0&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&t=3s&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=uUUL4bLC2_I
youtube.com/watch?v=WWFeM-Rper0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther's_canon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/user/onearmsteve4192/featured
Recommended catholic YouTube channel.

>Luther said the Pope is the anti-Christ
>K. What gives Luther authority tospeak on such matters?
>He's an ordained priest
>Ordained & trained in the Church headed by the anti-Christ?

Really makes me cogitate

Second this

>What gives Luther authority tospeak on such matters?
The bible

Anyone else noticing an increase in the amount of anti-christian threads?

youtube.com/watch?v=hnalPZl4krk&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=20

youtube.com/watch?v=Kqk--wvfZRo&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=1

youtube.com/watch?v=iYxmo7Dpi0M&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=30

Bump

/r/the_donald is multiplying

You mean the Bible collated by the Catholic Church?

>implying one day Luther was like, "Hey guys, I don't think..." and then BOOM reformation happened.

Catholicism is a branch of Christianity. A sect. End of discussion.

Great video on Divine Mercy
youtube.com/watch?v=WWFeM-Rper0&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=8

youtube.com/watch?v=KBckoWr2Vs8&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=19

youtube.com/watch?v=Mq79hZdhjO0&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&t=3s&index=4

The Jesuits are actually the good guys
youtube.com/watch?v=uUUL4bLC2_I

it's a heresy my friend

Satan struggles where he doesn't revel.

I'd be worried if there wasn't user. Shows we are doing something right

pic related

Thanks for these user

>implying Catholics wrote the Bible.
There they go again. Catholics taking credit for every single thing Western Civilization ever produced?

It's the only branch of Christianity, a church founded by Jesus Christ himself. End of Discussion

If you believe the bible because of the church, it's not the bible you believe but the church. You have not a shred of faith in God, but all of your faith is in fallible men. And so do you nullify the word of God for traditions of men.
Catholics aren't Christian

>it's a heresy my friend
Well I agree Catholicism is a heresy.

>not even implying, but blatantly saying 'collated' means 'wrote'

Protestants didn't contribute to anything other than the Enlightenment. This church for example was build by Catholics and stolen by protestants, just one out of thousands

How to pick up my catholicism again after abandoning it for so many years?

>the Bibke he removed three books from because he disagreed with some of the verses
Okay sweetie.

>It's the only branch of Christianity, a church founded by Jesus Christ himself.
You're right. Christianity was founded by Christ himself. Good job, Catholic! You're learning!
>Catholics aren't Christian
I know the leadership isn't. I'm trying to help the people raised/born into it who don't know any better.
>>not even implying, but blatantly saying 'collated' means 'wrote'
This is what the Catholic actually believes (is told).
>Protestants didn't contribute to anything other than the Enlightenment.
This is what the Catholic actually believes (is told).

For me it was reading books like Robert Barron's "Catholicism" and watching a lot of youtube videos.

>the eucharist is a symbol
"This food we call the Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake except one who believes that the things we teach are true, and has received the washing for forgiveness of sins and for rebirth, and who lives as Christ handed down to us. For we do not receive these things as common bread or common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior being incarnate by God's Word took flesh and blood for our salvation, so also we have been taught that the food consecrated by the Word of prayer which comes from him, from which our flesh and blood are nourished by transformation, is the flesh and blood of that incarnate Jesus."

"First Apology", Ch. 66, inter A.D. 148-155.

"God has therefore announced in advance that all the sacrifices offered in His name, which Jesus Christ offered, that is, in the Eucharist of the Bread and of the Chalice, which are offered by us Christians in every part of the world, are pleasing to Him."

"Dialogue with Trypho", Ch. 117, circa 130-160 A.D.

Moreover, as I said before, concerning the sacrifices which you at that time offered, God speaks through Malachias, one of the twelve, as follows: 'I have no pleasure in you, says the Lord; and I will not accept your sacrifices from your hands; for from the rising of the sun until its setting, my name has been glorified among the gentiles; and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a clean offering: for great is my name among the gentiles, says the Lord; but you profane it.' It is of the sacrifices offered to Him in every place by us, the gentiles, that is, of the Bread of the Eucharist and likewise of the cup of the Eucharist, that He speaks at that time; and He says that we glorify His name, while you profane it."

-"Dialogue with Trypho", [41: 8-10]

Explain

Your church is obviously corrupt as fuck, but I'm willing to consider the possibility that the "Catholicism is the oldest form of Christianity," argument has some validity. Tell me, who originally decided on the interpretation of the bible that you guys hold to be divine and the only correct interpretation?

Slanderous lies
The Enlightenment came from Catholic France, the Counter-Enlightenment came from Protestant Germany

>>Ordained & trained in the Church headed by the anti-Christ?
Yes.
The pope:
>Says Islam has the same god
>Says hell isn't real and as long as you lubb god you go to heaven reguardless of sin
>Believes in global warming propaganda
>Says homosexuality isn't a sin
>Speaks openly against nationalist movements
>Blesses gay marriage
>Absolves abortion
At the least, he is the false prophet.

This is false. It started in Britain

Do you actually believe or do you want to? (doesn't make a difference to me, just my advice will depend on the answer?
Also, are you actually Dutch? Reason I ask,is I think an important part of strengthening one's faith is reading about the saints, & I think it especially beneficial to read about the saints of your country

No one individual. The Bible makes sense under the context of the Eucharist which is older than the Bible itself. Biblical Professor Scott Hahn explains this well

Confession if you're confirmed then humility and prayer and mass.

>but I'm willing to consider the possibility that the "Catholicism is the oldest form of Christianity," argument has some validity
It's not, but the only reason you question it is because of Catholics murderous rampages against anything they disagreed with or who didn't pay. Surely, that's what Jesus taught.

Guys!!!
My girlfriend got pregnant when i was in the army, she tells me that could not happen because she is still a virgin, and i believe in her, the only racional explanation is that God impregnated her.
I think i will be the dad of the next Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

/r/the_donald = everything we percieve as negative?
I don't think the 'pedes' are anti-christian.

Yeah, I know. It's just very tiring, especially when they argue that christianity is bluepilled. Some Sup Forumslacks are very cold hearted.

Tell me when the early church fathers into sola fide

No. I've grown tired of you. You're just not worth saving.

You worship the early Catholic fathers. Jews who usurped Catholicism because they got eternally BTFO and Catholics were eager to bend over and take it in the ass (it's kinda their thing).

Enjoy eternal damnation.

Yes, I'm from Limburg which is traditionally a catholic province. I actually believe but after years of television and internet I've grown to despise the church, but I'm feeling strongly that view is false.
Thanks for the advise, I will look up the saints of my country.

>I hate the early christians

>Irenaeus, Ignatius, justin
>Jews
PRODDIE false witness

In Romans 4:5-8

The Age of Enlightenment was preceded by and closely associated with the scientific revolution.[8] Earlier philosophers whose work influenced the Enlightenment included Francis Bacon, René Descartes, John Locke and Baruch Spinoza.[9] The major figures of the Enlightenment included Cesare Beccaria, Voltaire, Denis Diderot, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, David Hume, Adam Smith, and Immanuel Kant. Some European rulers, including Catherine II of Russia, Joseph II of Austria and Frederick II of Prussia, tried to apply Enlightenment thought on religious and political tolerance, which became known as enlightened absolutism.[10] Benjamin Franklin visited Europe repeatedly and contributed actively to the scientific and political debates there and brought the newest ideas back to Philadelphia. Thomas Jefferson closely followed European ideas and later incorporated some of the ideals of the Enlightenment into the Declaration of Independence (1776). Others like James Madison incorporated them into the Constitution in 1787.[11]

I've became convinced about catholicism when I read/listened to E Michael Jones' work. Then I listened to alot of other catholics on YouTube like Fulton Sheen.
I've only returned to Church since easter though, and I haven't muster up the courage to confess.

The Bible was written by men. The Bible was copied and handed down through the ages by men. The Bible was collected by men, chapterized by men, versified by men. The Bible was translated by men. The Bible is read and interpreted by men. Good thing those men are the Church founded and led by Jesus Christ and filled with the Holy Spirit. Jesus didn't come to give us a book. He came to give us a Church.

Meanwhile

how many catholics are there in the UK?
there is always one guy with UK flag defending catholicism in almost every thread

>judaizers accusing Catholics of being jews
wew

>/r/the_donald = everything we percieve as negative?
>I don't think the 'pedes' are anti-christian.

They're from reddit you fool. The global HQ of fedora tippers.

Honestly made me think.
youtube.com/watch?v=WWFeM-Rper0

p. 182 "Although Luther regarded justification as an essentially unitary process, he nevertheless introduced a decisive break with the western theological tradition as a whole by insisting that, through his justification, man is intrinsically sinful yet extrinsically righteous."
p. 184 "The significance of the Protestant distinction between justification and regeneration is that a fundamental discontinuity has been introduced into the western theological tradition where none had existed before. Despite the astonishingly theological diversity of the late medieval period, a consensus relating to the nature of justification was maintained throughout. The Protestant understanding of the nature represents a theological novum, whereas its understanding of its mode does not."

p. 36 "Augustine demonstrates of iustitia, effected only through man's justification, demonstrates how the doctrine of justification encompasses the whole of Christian existence from the first moment of faith through the increase in righteousness before God and man, to the final perfection of that righteousness in the eschatological city. Justification is about being made just."

Sell Catholicism to me. What does it have that other Christian denominations don't?

Successive leaders of the Church convened councils &, over time, those councils decided on which books were indisputably authentic

My advice>
>Get the laudate app from the OP
>Read the 'Daily Readings' on the app
>Say your morning & night prayers (sounds easy, but you'll surprised how difficult it can be to find the energy)
>Find a sold parish & start going to mass (yu can't go to communion until you've been to confession)
>Eventually go to confession, but I appreciated this can be the hardest part so I won't rush you in to that

These, plus, as I said, try to find about saints from your country. If not, read up on other saints & read about their lives

I used to despise the Church as well, until I learnt how much is conspired against the Church.

p. 36 "Augustine demonstrates of iustitia, effected only through man's justification, demonstrates how the doctrine of justification encompasses the whole of Christian existence from the first moment of faith through the increase in righteousness before God and man, to the final perfection of that righteousness in the eschatological city. Justification is about being made just."

p. 185 "The medieval period was astonishingly faithful to the teaching of Augustine on the question of the nature of justification, where the reformers departed from it."

p. 186 "The essential feature of the Reformation doctrines of justification is that a deliberate and systematic distinction is made between justification and regeneration. Although it must be emphasized that this distinction is purely notional, in that it is impossible to separate the two within the context of the ordo sautis, THE ESSENTIAL POINT IS THAT A NOTIONAL DISTINCTION IS MADE WHERE NONE HAD BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE. A FUNDAMENTAL DISCONTINUITY WAS INTRODUCED INTO THE WESTERN THEOLOGICAL TRADITION WHERE NONE HAD EVER EXISTED, OR EVER BEEN CONTEMPLATED BEFORE. The Reformation understanding of the nature of justification - as opposed to its mode - must be regarded as a genuine theological novum."

p. 182 " Although Luther regarded justification as an essentially unitary process, he nevertheless introduced a decisive break with the western theological tradition as a whole by insisting that, through his justification, man is intrinsically sinful yet extrinsically righteous."

Source: Iustitia Dei

His hairstyle xDD

Why are pictures of 'holy peoples' so ugly and unattracitve? Everyone picture with Maria, Jesus, Saint Peter, Lukas etc. looks very idiotic.

Don't you prefer a lesbian woman as a bishop?

separated from God and sent to hell.

20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 21 "You have heard that it was said to the men of old, 'You shall not kill; and whoever kills shall be liable to judgment.' 22 But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.
Matthew 5:29-30 – Talking metaphorically Jesus says if a thing causes you to sin, it is better off to cut off body parts than suffer going to hell.
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell . 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell .
Matthew 6:13-15 – If we are unforgiving we will lose God’s forgiveness.
13 And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. 14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; 15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 10:28 – We must have the fear of God, who can send us to hell over disobedience.
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew 12:32 – A sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven by God.
32 And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

So much for OSAS

I have a thesis for you. If the writings of St. Paul teach that justification is by faith alone, then the Roman Catholic Church is apostate, and Protestantism is true.
Let's test this theory:
And to the one that does not work, but believes in him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness, just as David speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works; "Blessed are those whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin"
Romans 4:5-8

Don't you prefer to eat shit?

separated from God and sent to hell.

20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 21 "You have heard that it was said to the men of old, 'You shall not kill; and whoever kills shall be liable to judgment.' 22 But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.
Matthew 5:29-30 – Talking metaphorically Jesus says if a thing causes you to sin, it is better off to cut off body parts than suffer going to hell.
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell . 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell .
Matthew 6:13-15 – If we are unforgiving we will lose God’s forgiveness.
13 And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. 14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; 15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 10:28 – We must have the fear of God, who can send us to hell over disobedience.
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew 12:32 – A sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven by God.
32 And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Meanwhile.....

>What does it have that other Christian denominations don't?
if you are to value denominations in this manner then trying to "sell" you catholicism wouldnt benefit you
try to change the way you "look" at this first. if you might have some trouble doing it then try to read some history about this topic

Art, history, culture, legitimacy, the crusades.

Dont worry about it though, its not for people like you.

And from Biblical Scholarship

wow, she is very sexy.

>more biblical scholarship

Silly, user. Catholics don't read the Gospel, let alone the rest of the Bible.

Luther outright removed the three deuterocanonical books because they support the doctrine of Purgatory.

He also wanted to remove Hebrews, James, Jude, and Revelation as well because they totally discredit his doctrines, but his followers stopped him.

So much for Sola Scriptura.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther's_canon

>sola fide
Meanwhile....

Romans 6:12-13, 16 – Sin can again reign in our body, it is possible to fall back into slavery to sin.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal bodies, to make you obey their passions. 13 Do not yield your members to sin as instruments of wickedness, but yield yourselves to God as men who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments of righteousness…16 Do you not know that if you yield yourselves to any one as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?
Romans 8:12-13 – We will spiritually die if we live according to the flesh.
12 So then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh-- 13 for if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live.
Romans 11:20-22 – If we do not continue in God’s kindness we will get cut off.
20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast only through faith. So do not become proud, but stand in awe. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off.

stop deifying mary

It's read every mass.

>because they support the doctrine of Purgatory.
You literally admit it's a Roman Catholic doctrine and wonder why they wanted them removed.

Catholics are truly retarded.

Is there any good arguments for Roman Catholicism over Eastern Orthodoxy? Especially when you look at the state of the church today and how much drama/dysfunction there has been within the Latin church throughout history. Catholics are Christian as well as Orthodox, but which system is correct? Was a universal pope really a good idea? Especially mandating celibate priesthood, I feel more sympathy for the Eastern church especially when the Latin bishop tried to enforce these novel and arguably quite damaging traditions over the entire church.

All Roman Catholics

The Didache

"You shall not waver with regard to your decisions [Sir. 1:28]. Do not be someone who stretches out his hands to receive but withdraws them when it comes to giving [Sir. 4:31]" (Didache 4:5 [ca. A.D. 70]).

Pseudo-Barnabas

"Since, therefore, [Christ] was about to be manifested and to suffer in the flesh, his suffering was foreshown. For the prophet speaks against evil, 'Woe to their soul, because they have counseled an evil counsel against themselves' [Isa. 3:9], saying, 'Let us bind the righteous man because he is displeasing to us' [Wis. 2:12.]" (Epistle of Barnabas 6:7 [ca. A.D. 74]).

Clement

"By the word of his might [God] established all things, and by his word he can overthrow them. 'Who shall say to him, "What have you done?" or who shall resist the power of his strength?' [Wis. 12:12]" (Epistle to the Corinthians 27:5 [ca. A.D. 80]).

She's a holy woman, a bride of Christ, she's beautiful not "sexy"

lol. In Latin.

Meanwhile....

Unless he explicitly invokes the authority of his office and speaks ex cathedra, Catholics don't have to listen to anything the Pope says. Those are just the opinions of a man as quoted by journalists (professional liars).

Fuck off. This isn't this is not the place for you to circlejerk about your superstition.

Irenaeus

"Those . . . who are believed to be presbyters by many, but serve their own lusts and do not place the fear of God supreme in their hearts, but conduct themselves with contempt toward others and are puffed up with the pride of holding the chief seat [Matt. 23:6] and work evil deeds in secret, saying 'No man sees us,' shall be convicted by the Word, who does not judge after outward appearance, nor looks upon the countenance, but the heart; and they shall hear those words to be found in Daniel the prophet: 'O you seed of Canaan and not of Judah, beauty has deceived you and lust perverted your heart' [Dan. 13:56]. You that have grown old in wicked days, now your sins which you have committed before have come to light, for you have pronounced false judgments and have been accustomed to condemn the innocent and to let the guilty go free, although the Lord says, 'You shall not slay the innocent and the righteous' [Dan. 13:52, citing Ex. 23:7]" (Against Heresies 4:26:3 [ca. A.D. 190]; Dan. 13 is not in the Protestant Bible).

Irenaeus

"Jeremiah the prophet has pointed out that as many believers as God has prepared for this purpose, to multiply those left on the earth, should both be under the rule of the saints and to minister to this [new] Jerusalem and that [his] kingdom shall be in it, saying, 'Look around Jerusalem toward the east and behold the joy which comes to you from God himself. Behold, your sons whom you have sent forth shall come: They shall come in a band from the east to the west. . . . God shall go before with you in the light of his splendor, with the mercy and righteousness which proceed from him' [Bar. 4:36- 5:9]" (ibid. 5:35:1 [ca. A.D. 190]; Baruch was often reckoned as part of Jeremiah, as it is here).

viking funeral pile

What's wrong with celibate priesthood? Jesus was celibate too.

No, but I've been seeing increase in these christcucks shitpost threads.

Fuck off plebbit