College

Sup Forums help.

Will majoring in sociology/history/economics bring more benefit than majoring in biology/ecology/chemistry or physics?

Im gonna start college year next semester and am in desperate need of advice. My dream job is to be a proffesor in history but is that even possible, especially in sweden?

Shameless bump

Bump

asdf

become crusader and march with us

Go with the bio/chem/physics. Any employer would prefer a person good at math, it is a sign of ntelligence. Sociology and history are majors for stupid people, who want to become government employee leeches.

Chemistry Engineering $$$$
History teacher ( -$)

did history; joined infantry reserves; got a job in tech sales; going to go in for an mba soon.

great pathway. stay in good shape and be personable (read: learn to be personable)

And you'll make far more money doing much better work with this route than any science route.

You don't want to be in the development/research/science wing of any organisation. Stay in the business side and make the fun with enjoyable work

none of the above
engineering master race

you would think that after getting one garbage degree (history) you would know better than to go get an even dumber degree (MBA)

when the economy collapsed americans that lost their jobs all got loans and went and got MBA's and flooded the market with retards which doesn't help that the degree was useless to begin with

Bumt

See these are the STEM fags you'll have to deal with. Don't listen to them. $65k out of school + military officer money is fantastic compensation out of school. You'll make this in tech/software sales if you work hard for a good company. Corporate Sales is a far better career choice than the development side.

The stem kids get all bent out of shape because they think they're owed more money because they sat around memorising bullshit that a Chinese can do for you

An MBA from a top tier business school will work you wonders. You don't just apply for the top level jobs. You only get those jobs from "on campus" recruiters. They'll even say on their website when you try to apply "please see our on campus representatives"

Obviously don't go in for a mid-tier (like the above poster is referring to). I know about 6 people from the program I'm going into and every one of them is in the next level of jobs that you can't "just apply to". You're European, there's a lot of good MBA's that aren't as difficult to get into as North America because it's still relatively old fashioned there

Combine military experience, sales experience and an MBA to open up the doors for you and you'll be laughing.

Addendum 1: Obviously if you can manage a STEM degree out of high school from a decent school with B grades then do it. I hate science and didn't have the calculus to go straight into b-school, so I went this route instead of going to college and learning a trade like everyone on this board would suggest.

2: The crisis was nearly a decade ago. Do you really think there's white MBA's from top tier schools that just graduate into poverty because a bunch got hired 10 years ago?

Biochem major here. Don't major in STEM without networking/internships. 3 yrs underemployed

Imma tell you right now that biology and ecology are both libcucked

T. Molecular biology PhD student

pro tip: you really can't do anything with a hard science degree unless you go PhD track and then go into research or academia

Yeah, I figured that out. The plan is to teach English in Japan now, then look into graduate school there.

Doesn't really matter just work in your field as much as possible via internships fellowships work study and work hard to get paid positions. Experience is what gets you ahead these days... not the degree.

Economics, yes. Everything else, fuckno.

There's loads of competition for the PhD spots, I'm sure. Have you checked to see how the market is?

>My dream job is to be a proffesor in history but is that even possible, especially in sweden?
Not really. You'd be better off getting a degree in a hard science (or engineering) and study history as a hobby.

This is terrible advice and it's not even remotely applicable to OP's situation.
Bullshit. A degree in physics/mathematics will make you quite employable, at least here. If you've done a lot of statistics/numerical methods there are loads of data science jobs available.

in america you are competing with PhDs that have postdoc work that were unable to secure a professorship for those analytics jobs. american curriculum has really shitty exposure to rigorous statistical and analytical methodology in undergrad....they mostly focus on the core science and you move into the statistical and experiment methodologies in grad school