GMOs should be bann-

GMOs should be bann-

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23977647
health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/03/fish-faceoff-wild-salmon-vs-farmed-salmon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Selective breeding and splicing in foreign genes are the same thing

The results are

incorrect, sorry. keep eating the GMO's tho, you dont really need to be breeding :^)

How about a source instead of the passive aggressive Reddit shit

lol "WAAAH GO AWAY REDDIT" nobody needs to prove shit to you faggot, though it is funny that the expectation of scientific journal sources is a pretty big reddit meme. maybe you should be a bit more self-aware.

>genetic augmentation with wild mutation causing carcinogens is the same as selective breeding

OP is once again a faggot.

Oh, you don't have one. Gotcha

>implying the source of DNA matters on the molecular level
>the one study that suggested GMOs were bad got debunked so hard the dude who conducted it went into hiding

Fuck off, faggot.

I'm not saying GMOs are bad, but that is false lol.

>literally being this retarded

yes, i dont have one. now go eat your slop goyim
lol i didnt even bring anything like that up. did you see it get debunked in r/todayilearned?

>having an argument so shoddy it crumples with one post
>trying to call people Reddit

At least have the awareness to say GMOs are bad because they let niggers, street shitters, and chinks breed out of control.

lol holy shit you are delusional. do you really think everyone calling you a stupid faggot for believing obvious bullshit is trying to argue with you? are you this self absorbed? you dont get upboats here by the way, so snappy one liners wont do you much good here.

Everything is GMO unnaturally at this point, for better or for worst.

Your fucking dog is GMO.

YOU are basically fucking GMO. In fact, I'll bet most of the genes in your body are fucking shit, your bloodline is weak, and you won't survive the winter.

>foreign genes
no such thing

>can't even read post IDs

o i m laffin m8

you are a based faggot, literally the whole point of GMOs is to reduce pesticides and to improve harvest. But fuck Monsanto for capitalizing this shit

There are no foreign genes. Viral RNA welcome. Down with bigoted immune systems.

Selective breeding is the same thing as inserting genes. It doesn't matter where the DNA comes from at the molecular level. You should all kill yourselves and take your pseudo-science with you.

You could either breed something for 400 years, or you could splice in a gene to get the exact same results.
>muh natural

Castor beans are all natural. I wish some libs would eat em.

b-but you're playing god!

Nice disinfo

God created us in his image therefore who gives a fuck.

Sometimes GMO plants are at risk of global blights though.

Like the banana... multiple times at that.

Though this is less a problem with the concept so much as a problem with the fact that we foolishly just rely on cloning what we think is the "perfect" strand... and there just isn't any such thing.

You can't cheat nature without back blast. Selective breeding/domestication is bad enough. Genetic engineering will be part of the downfall of civilization. Just you watch. At least domestication and selective breeding is using a mechanism already there for change, just changing the environment and what survives to propagate itself. You can't short circuit evolution though and inserting genes where they shouldn't be while leaving out all the other genes that go along with them...

Don't conflate GMO with selective breeding.

Exaggerating existing phenotypes by breeding similar plants and animals is different from splicing in genes from a different species that are expressed in a completely different way.

But thats just a cherry

Wrong. Look up BT-Corn by Monsanto.
Corn + Bacteria DNA.

>enjoying eating less fibers and more sugars thanks to GMOs

It's like you want to be painfully dying every day.

Hope God's enjoying his impacted wisdom teeth and fucked up appendix and/or tonsils and/or adenoids combined with outdated herd instincts while he sits on his coccyx.

>he thinks hybrid means GMO

GMO isn't bad, it is what they do to it that counts. When you eat it you are being their test subject. I'm sure most of it is fine but there is potential for it to be unexpectedly harmful.

>You can't cheat nature
What the fuck does the even mean? Stop being so delusional

I know right? How the fuck did we make it this far.. I wish people would start falling off cliffs again.

wild food is healthier

>The Alaska wild berries collected and tested in the first experiment ranged from 3 to 5 times higher in ORAC value than cultivated berries from the lower 48 states. For instance, cultivated blueberries have an ORAC scale of 30. Alaska wild dwarf blueberries measure 85. This is also higher than lower 48 wild blueberries, which had a score of 61.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23977647

>Wild salmon gets the edge for having fewer calories and less saturated fat.

>PCB (one type of POP) levels are five to 10 times higher in farmed fish than in wild fish.

>“The benefit-risk ratio for carcinogens and noncarcinogens is significantly greater for wild salmon than for farmed salmon.”

>Both wild and farmed salmon contain contaminants, but wild salmon has lower levels and is considered safer overall.

>Farmed salmon comes with uncertainty about antibiotic use. Wild salmon does not.

>But it is becoming clearer that the risks associated with farmed fish are higher than concerns about wild fish. If you want to get the many health benefits fish such as salmon provide, your best bet is to keep it wild.

health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/03/fish-faceoff-wild-salmon-vs-farmed-salmon/

First of, what you show is the result of selctive breeding, eugenics if you want so, not genetically modified organisms.
second we dont even need GMOs, we have enough food to feed our population, and possibly 1-2 billion more. the issue is the distribution since the rich countries throw away about half of their stuff while the poorer ones get none
third what is mainly done is making them more resistent so either that they can endure stronger pesti and herbicides resulting in more resistand pests and herbs which will cause them to make more resistent GMOs so they can use even stronger herbi and pesticides which will again create stonger pests and herbs and this goes on over and over until forever. another thing they do is make the plant create its own pesticide which we then consume and poison ourselfs with.
once in nature due to something as simple as wind, you will never get rid of it again.
we cant really tell what changing a gene causes as its often that one gene interacts with a lot of others, so changing one gene, for example pigmentation, could result in the plant creating a new enzym which might be harmfull. those effects can possibly only be surveyed after decades when its too late and we all are poisoned. so fuck off. your pic in the OP alone shows you have absolutely no idea what you talk about and are either a usefull idiot or shilling for a few shekels. either way stop posting here forever

This has nothing to do with GMO's LMAO

GMO is very bad because you become from GMO producers. And only a fool will entrust his food to corporations.

>you become depended.

It means that, uh, nature finds a way. Think about female hormonal birth control for example.

>while the poorer ones get none
lol

>only a fool will entrust his food to corporations
That's why I said you are being their test subject for them. It is better to avoid most of it but I'm not against it in theory as it can be a good or bad thing depending.

GMO have nothing to do with you graph, id suggest you neck yourself

It's not so good in theory either.

>wild food is healthier

It's like saying water is wet. Human's digestive systems are optimized for wild food for millions of years; high fibers + low carb, protein, and fat.
deliberately selected and GMO'D food contains less fibers, or other necessary biochemicals, and more sugars or sat fat or other harmful factors like antibiotics.

as long as my lettuce is crisp! preservatives may be preserving you.well I think you missed it!

If they can produce a GMO product that can grow and survive with little to no water and with little to no sun light after a massive meteor striking the earth and dust covering the skies for who knows how long, then GMO it is.

>went into "hiding"

You reddit is showing

They can't break law of physics.
The essence of GMO is that it allows watering plants more actively with pesticides.

GMO ECOLI IS LITTLE UFOS
VACCINES R LITTLE UFOS
CHLORINE BATH WATER IS LITTLE UFOS
>WE FUGGED
>OSHIT

illuminati pls go.

bacteria and corn are related.

I wonder who was the nut that took wild corn and went, "I'm going to breed this for thousands of years until it's edible."

The science is on!

selective breeding is attempting to remove bad genes and keep favorable mutations through hundreds of years of hard work
now we can skip the hundred years and the hard work and just select which genes we want to keep or get rid of

i don't think anyone on Sup Forums would decline Genetically modifying their unborn children if they could ensure their offspring had blue eyes blonde hair, tall, big dick, high intellect and no congenital defects
that's the future of GMO's

im all for GMOs but monsanto has to go or i should say bayer has to go

agricultured autism

yes yes, ban the fuck out and sage this shill thread

Anyone else notice how redditors on Sup Forums get super pissed when you talk shit about reddit?

19 millimeters? What would even be the point of exerting effort to extract something edible from that?

Also, sort of unrelated, but I came up with a dumb yet interesting theory on the pooper the other day. Have there ever been any studies on whether people eating the food that their distant ancestors ate is better for their body than eating foreign foods? For example, Danish descendants eating whatever Danes ate 10,000 years ago.