>Want to work with wildlife
>Go to college for conservation biology, currently a junior and it rocks
>Get offered a job working with grassland birds in Kansas for this summer
>Sounds fun, housing provided and pays good, why not, I accept it
>Learn it's in the dead center of the state
>Very small towns, almost entirely white
>I may be the first black man they see in person
>Fear that people may try to insult me or beat me up, or simply avoid me
>Afraid that one night a bunch of townsfolk are gonna have a lynching party and string me up

I'm also sad because I was really hoping to see a copperhead but they're not in the same county as my study area

>be me black

Dumb birdwatcher

I'll bite. Most people don't give a shit about race, and are all about culture. Unfortunately correlation, etc.

Just don't be a nigger and you'll do great. Also not politics.

Just wear pic related and you should be fine.

Yeah

if you tell them why youre there they wont mind

Good chance.

Oh I wasn't even going to mention politics

Statistically speaking, you are safer if you're no where near others of your specific kind. I would be extremely thankful if I were you... Then again, maybe I would be raping and killing people.

If you dress well and talk well they will be happy to see you and the girls will want to fuck you.

Nobody wants to be a racist.

Eh, my home town is like 95 percent white and my college is like 90 percent white, hell I'm half white (but I look pretty black so that doesn't matter), so I'm usually pretty comfortable around white folks, I guess I'm also just anxious about going to the mid west for the first time

>Eh
Eh!

you posted this same thread about 4 to 8 months ago. i remember it because i live in kansas. fuck off larper.

The best thing to do is anytime you go in a room or are around white people is to announce very loudly that you are a black man and you are there to protect their birds. That should do the trick.

You stupid nigger,don't you realise that us white people are the kindest of them all? You'll be living in heaven. So just go there and enjoy yourself. Trust me it'll be better than a 100% black neighbourhood i tell you that.

>half-white

Fuck off nigger Kansas is for Mexicans only

>be me
>read 1st line
>okay sounds good
>read 2nd line
>sage.jpg

They'll just be happy you're not a somalian. Parts of Kansas have already been ruined by illegal aliens and refugees. Kansans tend to be pretty mellow about racial stuff. The state was settled in large part by bible thumping abolitionists.

You will see a copperhead, they're all over, and don't worry, if you're not a nigger you'll be fine.

>You stupid nigger,don't you realise that us white people are the kindest of them all?
Haha, ironically enough, this is true.

People generally respect wildlife workers. Hunting is important there. Just don't dress like a typical black.

>Be me, black
Stopped reading right there, sage

Good, stay the fuck away from that good white community.

Kek

"Eh" is very used in Italian as well.

t. Someone who stays inside all damn day

racist ideaology does not support what most people are saying in this thread.
There are towns where they have never seen a non-white in person.
Do you think a southern man is going to sit down with you to and ascertain the finer points of your personality and base his racism upon an individual case or do you think he will hate you regardless of how likeable you are?
The "dont worry just dont dont be a nigger and youre fine" goys are coming from racially integrated communities and it's a general observation based upon their individual experiences.
the south is different.
no niggers, no exceptions.

>Kansas

How do states without any professional sports teams even call themselves human?

You'll be fine. Just don't be gay. They hate that.

Really, though... My mom's family is from deep South Georgia, so I'll give you an example of how I see people from her tiny redneck town act: They say all sorts of racist shit about certain types of black people, but if you act like you're into the same stuff your peers are into, and don't blast rap music or do anything they think fits a stereotype, then you'll come off as "just like them," only with a different color skin. People who hold racist ideals tend to put those on hold for someone they actually get to know. Worst case, they'll say you're "one of the good ones" and keep their dumb opinions to themselves.

It's shitty, and it shouldn't be that way, but if you really are scared, it's something to think about. Kansas isn't really that bad compared to a lot of the South.

Haha okay

College basketball. I know, I don't think it should count, either.

kansas city is full of niggers
you are not special

A lot of folks in this thread have been saying "don't dress stupid or listen to rap", which are two things I already don't do so that's fun

I'm also not a homosexual so that's also fun