/nmj/ - Nigger Mathematics Justice Thread 2

>Quick Rundown
Black African Kang Woman awarded PhD in Mathematics from Princeton. Resume consists of mysogny, racism, etc, SJW queen to the max. All over the news. Gets Professorship in Hawaii.

>The Goods
Most hilarious, joke of a Doctoral thesis ever. Talks about unicycles, includes literal comics, literally says multiple times she doesn't understand Math and best part, weaponized autism has detected blatant plagiarism from Wikipedia of all places. Praise Kek!

>Old Thread
Kangz PhD
>theliberatedmathematician.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PiperThesisPostPrint.pdf

Kangz Resume
>theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/

Old Thread:
"blogs.ams.org/inclusionexclusion/2017/05/11/get-out-the-way/

Can anyone believe this insane woman (here, check out her CV)
theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/
somehow found a professorship in mathematics by screaming "GIB ME DAT" until someone finally gave her a degree and a job.

Now they're going after STEM departments as well. Maybe for all of those people who underestimated the reach of the SJW bullshit, this might come as a surprise, but for most, this is another straw on the camel's back.

She should be fired."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WaM47Otif04
youtu.be/fmO-ziHU_D8
arxiv.org/pdf/1309.2025.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kang's CV

im here for that dedicated dutch guy who posts screencaps for this abortion

>$$ Math (I don't understand it) $$

She states an obvious thesis that has no mathematical value (the "shape"-- wtf-- of lattices in various fields is equidistributed).

She then goes over basic high school calculus, such as deriving an integral (no joke, see attached).

She then essentially rehashes 17 papers, fills it with random bants (I read it briefly, but she literally talks about the age of drinking and vodka tonics or something), then concludes it as follows:

>THE END
>You’re still here? Oh, I guess I should tell you math papers generally don’t have what you or I might call a “conclusion.” They just sort of stop.
So, yeah, you can, um, go now. But, cheers!
>Seriously, it’s over.

Holy fuck this is triggering as fuck as a Mathematician

Why did she write such a cringey abstract? She could have just written a crappy thesis, she had to add her own stupid flair of social justice and humor. This is ridiculous, why is she owed a Ph.D. and my junior high math teacher isn't?

MY FUCKING RAGE

The first goal is to count the number of forms in, or rather get a p-adic density of, Up = S σ Up(σ). For n = 3, 4 we can count the Tp’s by looking at possible combinations for points of intersection over Fp (no idea) which automatically gives us the “unramified” Up(σ), and then for the rest we can find the proportionof points in Tp(σ) which will correspond to maximal forms

>(no idea)
>no idea
>NO IDEA
>N
>O
>I
>D
>E
>A

REEEEEEE!!!!

>Reducibility
From there, you can get a bound on reducible points by knowing things I don’t really know, but read about in [Bha10, §3.2].

>by knowing things I don’t really know, but read about in [Bha10, §3.2]
>by knowing things I don’t really know, but read about
>by knowing things I don’t really know
>I don't really know

Is this a joke? This must be

Math and sciences need to be decolonized! Stop teaching white lies! We need to inject some melanin magic in these institutions of "higher learning".

youtu.be/WaM47Otif04
youtu.be/fmO-ziHU_D8

>I just don’t have the necessary experience with math, outside of this thesis, to find abstract research-level math “interesting.”

what the fuck

she literally admits being too lazy to fucking do the calculations required to prove her main theorem.

I don't give a fuck. American education has been so dumbed down that Bill "Muh Sex Junk Is So Oh Oh Oh" Nye is seen as an unironic authority of science. Higher education in the US is even worse than high school.

I hope we can do something about this. I was REEEing so fucking hard when I read her thesis. Disregarding all of the casual talk bullshit, there's some paragraphs in there that don't make any sense.

I can't believe that this bullshit has infiltrated math to the point of accepting a flawed, plagiarized, and unprofessional thesis. Can we get her to lose her Phd for the sake of mathematics?

Get ready...

Here it comes...

>First thing to learn is the “Pfaffian.” I don’t know what kind of life you have to lead to have heard of a Pfaffian, but I had to look it up on Wikipedia.

>Wikipedia
>WIKIPEDIA
>W
>I
>K
>I
>P
>E
>D
>I
>A

The real test is whether or not she gets tenure.

>I don’t know what kind of life you have to lead to have heard of a Pfaffian

maybe the life of someone who studies math?

1/2

Her thesis

This bitch looks like Clock Boy.

2/2

Wikipedia

>"4 is between 3 and 5 but I'm too lazy to calculate why"
>gets PhD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Wikipedia
The Pfaffian (considered as a polynomial) is nonvanishing only for 2n × 2n skew-symmetric matrices, in which case it is a polynomial of degree n.

>Baboon's "Thesis"
The Pfaffian is not necessarily zero for a 2k × 2k skew-symmetric matrix, in which case it is a degree k polynomial over the coefficients of the original matrix.

>100% PLAGIARIZED
>0
>0
>%
>P
>L
>A
>G
>I
>A
>R
>I
>Z
>E
>D

Glad i have an audience so my anger doesn't feel wasted.

We're just making shit up as we go at this point

while taking a grad course, I had some nigger message me and ask if I would do her paper. Showed mowed my wife the message and told her she recently received MS Ed Leadership and she was in an Ed.D. so yeah, they cheat their asses off.

>muh Princeton PhD with Fields Medalist advisor

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

>American Education

My opinion of blacks has sunken even lower. Incredible.

I'm guessing she's going to be dragged along by colleagues, or she's going to find that she's deeply unhappy where she is.

When I found out how hard math research is, I fucking left.

So these are the "highly educated" individuals that voted for hillary

doesn't look plagiarized to me. paraphrased perhaps.

KANGZ DONT NEED PROOFS

She was simply inspired by Wikipedia

Reminder that this
is what is being taught in American universities:

https ://youtu.be/Wllc5gSc-N8

Good find senpai

At least she's self aware boys

>12 years to go from masters to PhD
>One publication
>Not even first author on single publication, 2nd author
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
How can you publish nothing in 12 fucking years??
How can you get a professorship without a single 1st author publication??

I really enjoy this thesis. It's so hilarious. I'm going to show it to my lab on Monday. It's going to be worth a good laugh. Probably print out some of these pieces to show grads examples of what not to do unless they want to be kicked out of the program

She took someone else's words and claimed them as her own without attribution.

This is not general knowledge. She even admits she has no idea what a Pfaffian is.

And you can be assured there's more plagiarism...

He non-white woman privilege got her a PhD from Princeton and there her PhD advisor was a Fields medal winner, the mathematical equivalent of a Noble prize in Physics.

Fuck SJWs and fuck this gay Earth.

surely. the pfaffian section is just not a good example.

>mfw i had more publications then her by the 2nd year of my bachelors

Friendly reminder that John Nash got a Ph.D. from Princeton for a dissertation on non-cooperative games and creating the Nash equilibrium, regardless of what you think of game theory.

Mate... She admits that she had to read wikipedia to figure out what it meant. It's fine if you have no idea, but then you do it like this

The Pfaffian is described in detail in [source]. Briefly: A combination of matrixes that . We present here a few examples taken with permission from [OTHER SOURCE] [Fig 1, 2. 3]

Stop trolling kraut. Im enjoying this thread and I wont stand for trolling

Yes it is. She copied the matrices from the page and ripped off at least one sentence including a a proof that is unattributed. Plus her writing shows up in other papers too.

there are 2 types of articles in academia, those that dress up simple concepts with complex jargon and those that explain complex concepts with concise language.

"Since having a toddler, I’ve found myself doing things I never used to do (because I would’ve found them
boring) and discovering it’s not always so easy. When your kid asks you to count the cars (by saying “dix!
quatre!”) it is not always obvious which cars to count, for instance (and don’t get me started on what is
a car and what is a truck). But my real problem comes when trying to count bicycles parked at a bicycle
stand. Every time I count, I get a different number because it’s hard for me to tell which parts belong to
the bikes I’ve already counted. One possible solution would be to pick one easy-to-see bicycle part and only
count that. Obvious choices would be handlebars, wheels, or seats. Imagine you had a way of seeing only
the wheels or only the seats (I don’t like handlebars; doesn’t matter why), maybe because you have some
really awesome spy computer sunglasses"

surprisingly this paper is neither. it is just trash. wow this is infuriating.

WOW THIS IN INFURIATING

t. psychology PhD student

Well, pfaffians indeed are pretty standard and all expositions will have to look similar.
As i said, i am net even sure these state the same.
Short of a verbatim copy, you would have a hard time arguing plag here.

This clearly can be included in phd thesis as example of invariant of action of symmetric group for sure, but certainly not as
> defining dem tings
are these negerküsse still edible?

>When I found out how hard math research is, I fucking left
She will just claim she "survived" and was being oppressed.

This reminds me of the black guy who doesnt think square roots are correct because the square root of 2 isnt 1. He is creating his own math as well...

>psychology
Honest question. Why. This isn't intended as a slight, but I mean, you must be aware that your field is complete nonsensical bullshit right?

What are you researching?

>because the square root of 2 isnt 1
wat

Something not reproducible

Respected research math is dominated by men of a certain attitude. Even allowing for individual variation, there is still a tendency towards an oppressive atmosphere, which is carefully maintained and even championed by those who find it conducive to success. As any good grad student would do, I tried to fit in, mathematically. I absorbed the atmosphere and took attitudes to heart. I was miserable, and on the verge of failure. The problem was not individuals, but a system of self-preservation that, from the outside, feels like a long string of betrayals, some big, some small, perpetrated by your only support system. When I physically removed myself from the situation, I did not know where I was or what to do. First thought: FREEDOM!!!! Second thought: but what about the others like me, who don’t do math the “right way” but could still greatly contribute to the community? I combined those two thoughts and started from zero on my thesis. What resulted was a thesis written for those who do not feel that they are encouraged to be themselves. People who, for instance, try to read a math paper and think, “Oh my goodness what on earth does any of this mean why can’t they just say what they mean????” rather than, “Ah, what lovely results!” (I can’t even pretend to know how “normal” mathematicians feel when they read math, but I know it’s not how I feel.) My thesis is, in many ways, not very serious, sometimes sarcastic, brutally honest, and very me. It is my art. It is myself. It is also as mathematically complete as I could honestly make it.

I’m unwilling to pretend that all manner of ways of thinking are equally encouraged, or that there aren’t very real issues of lack of diversity. It is not my place to make the system comfortable with itself. This may be challenging for happy mathematicians to read through; my only hope is that the challenge is accepted.

What's this fresh Churchill meme and why does it absolutely reek of Reddit?

Not gonna waste my time on reading her thesis but keep in mind that using results from others and stating (obvious) definitions is a very common part in academic work. Even if it's 99% "plagiarized" and 1% own work, it doesn't really matter as long as there is some own work and it's cited what is what. Some works are also just summaries and don't add anything new.

source: I am a TA at a top 10 worldwide uni doing theoretical physics

....but thats just a theory

Newfag from the_donald here. I had no problem with black people until I saw this thread, now I hate niggers! Thanks swarmfront!

This means you work at ETH, in theoretical physics, as a grad student. I can now finger you down to about 10 people. I'm going to Dübendorf soon and I'll drop by ETH and fuck your asshole buddy.

A relative of mine studied clinical psychology. Rats and statistics and all that.

Always

>Kang
"First thing to learn is the “Pfaffian.” I don’t know what kind of life you have to lead to have heard of a Pfaffian, but I had to look it up on Wikipedia

You take a skew-symmetric matrix and find its determinant, this happens to be equal to the square of a polynomial in the entries of the matrix. That polynomial is the Pfaffian and it is apparently zero whenever the original matrix had an odd number of rows and columns."

>Wikipedia entry
"In mathematics, the determinant of a skew-symmetric matrix can always be written as the square of a polynomial in the matrix entries, a polynomial with integer coefficients that only depend on the size of the matrix. The value of this polynomial, when applied to the coefficients of a skew-symmetric matrix, is called the Pfaffian of that matrix. The term Pfaffian was introduced by Cayley (1852) who named them after Johann Friedrich Pfaff. "

>The Wikipedia entry fucking attributes it to the original Mathematicians who define it
>Math Kang doesn't even attribute Wikipedia and blatantly plagiarizes

>irl shitposting in academic form

That's something to be admired.

bromance HAPPENING

>regarding the quote
If only there was such a thing as a rear light on bicycles. That would make them so damned easy to count. Someone should come up with a system, maybe something with a magnetic coil to produce electricity while riding and a little battery to store the charge for stoplights.

>but I had to look it up on Wikipedia
eh, she does kind of say right there though

Swizz bants just turned into Swiss bangz

arxiv.org/pdf/1309.2025.pdf

Here's her thesis without all the nonsense. It's 11 pages long.

Trans-mathematician : she identifies herself as one. Or not. Is she against Math? Anyway, gimme tenure, because fuck patriarchy!

So has anybody sent any of this info to her place of employment or anything? Or is this all one big circle jerk?

Ok, I see it now. That's definitely plagiarism.

The Pfaffian [...] is [nonvanishing only] for [a] 2[n] × 2[n] skew-symmetric matri[ces], in which case it is a [polynomial of degree n] [...].

If she couldn't define a Pfaffian in her own words she should have found a definition she liked (NOT from Wikipedia) and then properly cited it.

I made them like 4 years ago. OC plz no bully.

>Rat eats blue cheese instead of green cheese
>This means whites are inherently racist and transgenderism isn't a disease
>Clinical Psychology PhD awarded.
I probably work in an adjacent dept as this goat fucker, except i'm not a grad scrub

at least it's oc

SEVEN FUCKING YEARS OF DOING HER PHD AND THEN GETTING KICKED OUT AND SETTLED FOR A MASTERS
CAME BACK 6 YEARS LATER THREATENING THE DEPARTMENT WITH ACCUSATIONS OF RACISM AND SEXISM TO GET A PHD IN TWO FUCKING YEARS UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A FIELD'S MEDAL WINNER. A FIELD'S MEDAL WINNER, AND WHAT DID SHE DO WITH THAT OPPORTUNITY, SHE PUT COMICS AND JOKES. FUCK

>keep in mind that using results from others and stating (obvious) definitions is a very common part in academic work. Even if it's 99% "plagiarized" and 1% own work, it doesn't really matter as long as there is some own work and it's cited what is what.

you are fucking delusional mate

t. PhD student in Mathematics at Oxford

As an alum of UH Manoa; I'm contacting the UHAA about this...

>11 page PhD Thesis

WHAT

>trying to make math subjective
>typing a paper like a reddit post
This is the worst thing I've ever read

>reposting to new thread
How soon until the public can no longer access (and thus verify the credibility of) everyone's PhD thesis because it'll be rayyyyyythist?

Oh dear god.
>bwhhahahhahahahahahahah
>ahem
>hhhhhhhhhhhhahhahahahahahhahaha
Those pesky IQs have a "correlation" to STEM success. You can't ask for a better surreal mentally ill SJW implosion.

>>Not even first author on single publication, 2nd author

I'm not an academic.

Is the order of author names a big issue?

>arxiv.org/pdf/1309.2025.pdf

good find. maybe ill actually learn something tonight

she put "super duper" in a fucking thesis

>It's 11 pages long.
This is the funniest part of the whole thread.

Original
>130 Pages
Without goat shit
>11 pages

I grew up in Hawaii, however I didn't go to the university of Hawaii. I hope she gets fired. Hawaii may be a blue state, but they have little tolerance for PC bullshit.

Also, native Hawaiians hate niggers especially when niggers say that that Hawaiian are black roo.

you try being a slave for 50000 years and then come back an talk

She got kicked out? Source? For what? Plagiarism?

1st Author: You wrote this, you're the person people talk to about it (email now days)

If > 10 Authors

2nd Author: You did A LOT of work on the paper, helped with some writing, but not the head-honcho

3rd Author+: You're a lab rat / bachelors student that pipetted some stuff badly

Compiled some of our findings

Straight up bra, fuck popolos

arent there a million activist judges there?

>126335087

Manjul Bhargava is fucking brilliant though, and her thesis looks OK on arxiv. So I guess the sheboon does know some things.

Almost all papers on arxiv are just a collection of small proofs that 100-150 years ago nobody would have dared to publish because of lack of relevance. You have to search very long to find something that is actually adding something new and important or fully solves a problem (like Perelmans paper).

Nowadays every kid publishes every little thing that comes to their mind, just so they have something to show.

>arxiv.org/pdf/1309.2025.pdf

let's decolonize science and we can all have 11 page theses

Wait, was that cartoon of her emailing her midwife actually in the thesis?

why?

for what?

>PhD Advisor: Manjul Bhargava

I mean this guy is decent scientist (i googled). But... Manjul fckn Bhargava

if you spend 7 years in grad school and end up with a masters, it means you've been failing your research and your classes. no one even does part time masters and spends 7 years there.

Neck yourself leaf

Wow. Just a coincidence. I mean. How many possible matrixes are there!

>Googles it

[laughs awkwardly]

He's very good. The 1% of the 1% of the 1% of the 1% of the 1% of poo in loos are amazingly good mathematicians

Well she has a PhD in mathematics and is obviously dumb as shit so maybe she's right

It seems that there is actually some mediocre number theoretic result hidden in there, see arxiv.org/pdf/1309.2025.pdf

It's pretty obvious it was done by Bhargava and not her, but even giving her the benefit doubt result is quite weak.
Moreover it's not even properly published, and she mentions no other papers written by her. How does 1 prepint on arxiv even pass formal publishing criteria at Princeton?

I don't know if the PhD is plagairized or not. Mind that almost every article on maths is based on plethora of other already written articles (just go onto Arxiv and check how many sources any article has), so some things will be repeated.

I just skimmed through her work and while the Math portion seems to make sense and it is not bullshit, there is way too much useless commentary that overbloats this and makes it painful to read. Keep that stuff for pop-math books books and not for professional articles.

>poo in loos
implying there are loos

fair question. I don't know how psychology is split up in Europe (or academia for that matter) but in the USA we typically split the 'soft sciences' (psych, (((sociology))), anthropology etc.) into their 'qualitative' and 'quantitative branches within the field.

So essentially the soft sciences are half feels and bullshit and half math, and the split at the PhD level is, unfortunately about 75% feels and bullshit (qualitative) and 25% quantitative, because quant. research is much, much more difficult.

That's why in psychology in particular the whole field seems schizophrenic by publishing a paper on feminism and then a paper on synaptic reuptake.

hurr durr (I am actually happy there is a crisis in psychology. I hope the field is gutted of the faggotry 'feels' aspect)

distance variation between synapses.