Corporal punishment

Would you welcome corporal punishment back?
>guy who stole my bicycle get publicly flogged at the flogging post on the market square

>Would you welcome corporal punishment back?
Yes.

any specific form? caning, whipping, falaka? in public?

yes.

I woulldn't standardize it. just according to local custom, victim preference and Judge's choice.

flogging, pillory, gibbet, whipping,....

I would institute a maximum in the law to avoid abuse though.

I think public, physical, humiliating punishment is very effective.

I would also make it obligatory for wife/parents/children of the perpetrator to witness it, for further humiliation and familial discipline.

This. Minor crimes that clog up prisons should be dealt with by corporal punishment.

Kek agrees!

nice get and I agree completely.

prison in general as punishment is nonsensical and very recent. I can see it being used to prevent accused from fleeing before trial, but as punishment it is stupid, nonproductive, overly expensive

Yeah
Heinlein convinced me
Nothing that damages the person permanently, just inflicting pain as a punishment
The death penalty too, of course
But only if its executed the morning after judgement with a firing squad

1000's of years of frontier justice and downright torture should've gotten the point across by now; pain and death are not deterrents for crime.

firing squad should be for military crimes, like desertion or treason, not for ordinary crimes I think.

public hanging is the best for crimes like rape, murder,...

AYY

Thats actually better
Hanging is cheap, although it requires technical skill and a professional henchman

Americans already have corporal punishment. It is called federal penitentiary where you either get shanked or buttfucked for not joining a gang.

Wrong. Thing is, we haven't inflicted enough pain to end crime yet.

even then blacks were fat af

How did nigger get so fat in those times?

It's in our blood brohemoth
You could kill every criminal in the world and more would take their place. If a social contract exists there will always be people who feel the need to break it.

brazilian prison is probably the place that resembles hell on earth the most

>Brazil
>criticize someone else

then killing them is the right thing to do.

retribution

Yes
The point of punishment should be to inflict suffering, not rehabilitate or enslave.
Body should be an important part of punishment. Pain, dismemberment and death should be expected.

Would it be ok to have have a hard on and cumming viciously while getting spanked? Asking for a friend.

Yes, absolutely, 100 mojo points of you wink at the executioner for extra fun.

I think for civil restitution of damages, some form of servitude/forced labour when the perpetrator has not enough assets to compensate can be good though.

dismemberment is pretty harsh. Don't know about that.

the problem is actually that punishment comes too long after the fact of the crime.

if punishment was immediate and inescapable crime would practically disappear.

i could make a case for branding or obviously mutilating repeat offenders

used to be standard practice in medieval times. slice off an ear if you're a serial thief and whatnot, so everyone who sees you knows to be on their guard

oh alright, no that's fine by me. I though sharia-tier cutting off hands and legs and stuff like that.

definitely, especially with the death penalty in murica. it's a farce

>killing them is the right thing to do
"Them" is every man, woman, and child ever born. Everyone has committed evil, no matter how slight. Where is the line drawn?

>if punishment was immediate and inescapable
would
An utter impossibility unless you're going to give the reigns of justice to the populace at large or robots or some shit. Even then there would be a margin of error and I'm sure complete eradication of crime would be completely impossible.
No one and nothing can be everywhere at once and even if it were possible could we be considered free?

>Where is the line drawn?

the law draws the line

>Everyone has committed evil, no matter how slight

what are you hinting at? sounds liberal-christian bullshit, like every sin/crime is equal, don't judge and all that utopian nonsense

>he thinks caning is punishment

Then who decides the law?

>what are you hinting at
I'm hinting at what I plainly said before; all humans are capable of committing crimes and you can't have free will with a crime-less society. That's the only utopian fiction in this thread.

But you don't understand, I know fully that a crime-less society will never exist.

which is why I support no nonsense crackdown on crime with corporal punishment, death penalty, instead of useless reform institutions and prisons paid by taxes. I absolutely deny the possibility of a utopian non-criminal society. so we should not be hypocritical, we should not punish criminals outside society with soft punishments, but we should punish them for all to see, in public, so that people understand this.

>then who decides the law

depends on what country you live in, the culture, the demographics, the form of government, the state of the judiciary,....

no cause s&m is popular now and people
would act naughty

>but we should punish them for all to see, in public, so that people understand this
But it doesn't work. We used to have all kinds of public, state orchestrated murder yet people still committed crime all the damn time. Why? Because if you're desperate enough even the tiniest fraction of a successful getaway is enough justification. Harsher punishment is just going to drive the crime further underground and might even increase the severity of the crimes perpetrated because if death is the punishment then it's even easier to justify murder to get away.

I'm not saying just slap them on the wrists and say "don't do it again" but surely we can do better than hitting somebody with a stick.

it is not just the physical aspect, it is also the social aspect that is even more important. the shaming, the communal disapproval, the humiliation,... is what makes public corporal punishment good in my eyes, atleast better than prison, social reform solutions (based on delusional progressive ideas) or social engineering ( increased state control,...) I would agree that whipping in private as punishment is silly.

>drive the crime further underground

which is a good thing. let degenerates and scum prey on each other.

>Because if you're desperate enough even the tiniest fraction of a successful getaway is enough justification

That's too damn bad. equity, jury nullification, extenuating circumstances, amnesty,... are all tools that mitigate the harshness of literal rule of law. and that is more than good enough for criminals

stole food

Slavery was pretty good for niggers relative to how they live now.