How does US have great university system?

How come do US universities always top the charts regarding higher education? Theres lots of shit colleges in the US but looking at the charts its clear how US dominates higher education

>US is simply bigger and has different
If you compare US to EU in general, we get blown the fuck out.

>Its not free
Not every uni is free in EU either

Legacy and brain drain.

Back during ww2 era, US universities were the first to shift from being a place where rich people study humanities into STEM factories. They built up prestige, and people from around the world revere and support them.

They keep up this sjw nonsense and they're gonna flip it though.

Its not so much about being expensive, it all comes down to the restrictive education guidelines that we have in Europe.

In the end all the universities in Europe are a sort of cartel because they cannot deviate from the centrally planned education, in the US there's more room for creative methodology.

American universities tend to be very big so they score more points on their silly ranking system.

U.S. schools started dominating around WWII. My guess is that a lot of Jewish scholars fled to the U.S. before and during the war and used their chutzpah to inflate the prestige of their new institutions.

American universities' reputations are declining among common uneducated people though, which I think is a good thing.

Those charts are mostly bullshit. If you indoctrinate your students with Marxist bullshit you get high marks and in that field American universities truly excel.

Mostly due to tradition and reputation. Harvard is a good example for a uni that is overhyped (it's the name tho).

The best and hardest universities in the world are the tech ones:

MIT, ETHZ, Caltech, Ecole polytechnique, ...

Humanities aside, what about STEM?

For example, engineering which usually yields most future billionaires. To add to that,American universities yield the most billionaires too albeit there should be other factors affecting that, not just the education

>engineering
>future billionaires

>Caltech
I thought that was a art school for animation.

kek'd

>pic
didn't that girl die or something?

Money.

Seriously, we outspend the rest of the world combined. More than half of all research compute cycles have been American for like two decades (this may have finally changed recently, because China is stepping up its game).

And it's not just hardware. A good STEM professor or researcher can easily make over $100k a year here. Comparable jobs in the UK are at like 30k funny monies.

If anything, the question you should be asking is how the hell the UK still has such amazing research universities when they have no fucking money for anything.

Last pic is 5 days old according to a quick google search. What have I missed?

Oh and because I forgot to mention it but some retard will ask: there are no great European (discounting the UK, which is leaving, kek) universities. Europe still produces great researchers, but every single one of them either lives here or lives in irrelevance.

>not knowing about ETHZ and EPFL

Nobody cares, you mountain jew.

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

>its not free

There is not a single college or university in America that is free.

Never heard of EPFL. I know about ETHZ because I've worked with some people there.

Like all Europeans, you're not as good or as important on the world stage as you think you are.

The USA is the worlds largest economy and has a population of over 300 million people. They are the wealthiest large population nation. For a few generations the best and brightest have moved to US universities from around the globe. The US military, US government and US industries all out pace any other single sources of research funding IN THE WORLD. Obviously those fund sources favor US researchers with that funding.

>what is cal art?