CNN with straight up hit piece on Sheriff Clarke

CNN with straight up hit piece on Sheriff Clarke.

cnn.com/interactive/2017/05/politics/sheriff-clarke-plagiarism/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58
youtube.com/watch?v=q72HczdW69I
youtube.com/watch?v=CYunIrWDANU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cnn is fucking trash and nobody who matters takes anything they say seriously

>In all instances reviewed by CNN's KFile, Clarke lifts language from sources and credits them with a footnote, but does not indicate with quotation marks that he is taking the words verbatim.

HOLY SHIT GUYS FIRE HIM NOW

Who cares what people do to get through (((college)))

It should be about applying what you learn after graduation

the leftist media did the same with our president
it's their new tactic, but no one gave a shit

Fail

El Chapo is practically a folk hero, what the hell are you on about?

1 post by this "ID"

HOLY SHIT THAT GUY IS TRUMP'S ALLY
HURRY LET'S RESEARCH AND FIND SOMETHING OF HIS PAST

Whoa, he just like MLK, y'all!

>Believing anything cnn says

Paraphrase maybe?

so did martin luther king

End of blumpf confirmed

LOL

Not good form, but citing the source sort of kills the notion that he intended to plagarize.

CNN are such fucking pieces of shit

i wasn't going to give them a pageview, but I had to see if that was really in the article. holy fuck. CNN actually calling someone out for inappropriate use of sources.

>Fire him now
No, no no no no no. Just retract his degree.

hahaha god damn, this is high school now?

I mean, technically, improper attribution is plagiarizing in the academic sense. Is that what most people consider plagiarizing though? Not really.

Inappropriate use of sources would be either crediting the wrong person or crediting common knowledge.

That's plagiarism. If you don't identify something as a quote, you are claiming it as your words. They teach you this shit in elementary school.

>Is that what most people consider plagiarizing though?
Well, yeah. I mean you can't really accidentally copypaste something into your shit.

It'd be one thing if it was still in quotes and he just forgot the in text citations.

>They teach you this shit in elementary school.
maybe in white schools. check your privilege honky.

Uniquely evil

>(((cnn)))

CNN are being racist?

that's not plagiarism. that's bad writing.

>masters thesis
>dude's like 60

So the takeaway is they couldn't find a fucking thing on him for the last 35 years of his life to bitch about.

DAS RAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCISSSSSS

He didn't use APA formating, he's banned from office.

>CNN making hit piece against a black man

CNN is clearly racist.

He only forgot 49 times, no big deal

did he died?

I'm honestly surprised that whoever reviewed his thesis didn't grill the shit out of him. It means they didn't check the citations (that would've revealed he directly quoted sources without using quotation marks).

IMO, there isn't enough evidence available to suggest malicious intent but it obviously isn't acceptable for any sort of published work.

good thing he's going to Homeland Security to kick ass and not write term papers.

He benefited from affirmative action.

This attack from the left is going to blow up in their faces again.

>reviewer didn't grill him because he's black
>CNN's revelation is more evidence academics hold blacks to lower standards

HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER

He should sue CNN for defamation.

youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58

Let's go back in time and find out why they really ran this piece

Wow extremely racist article from CNN.

>Clarke cites his sources and CNN doesn't
>Clarke is the bad guy

KEK

Weird. I thought the MSM would stop attacking Trump and co. with biased pieces after he won the election. I mean, he won. So what's the point now?

I really don't know. I found it online one day and chuckled for a good bit after seeing it.

>cnn
>plagiarism

>lifts language

It was probably only a couple of words in a sentence that were the same. Not enough to warrant quotations and not enough to warrant plagiarism.

IF THE MAN CAN'T FOLLOW MLA HANDBOOK GUIDELINES HOW CAN WE TRUST HIM WITH THE HOMELAND CODES??!!!1!

He's a fucking cop, we should all be surprised he even knows how to type or that he even pursued a masters.

CNN is butthurt as shit that Trump finally picked a hardcore loyal guy for a top position.
Let's hope that Trump keeps up and doesn't pick that fucking Leiberman jew as director of FBI.

youtube.com/watch?v=q72HczdW69I

More evidence coming through guys

What a cheating negroid. Hopefully he doesn't get away from this.

Lol, underrated

Is this the first time in history CNN has put a hitpiece out on a black?

He copied the ACLU as an argument in a paper, he's a faggot

That's literally how you write a thesis on something like security. You are hardly the first to write anything on the subject. AS compared to some of the left leaning thesis ive sat through, which are generally pure garbage, and poorly composed.

Fuck this shit.

I hope someone is feeding them fake news so that trump can change the libel laws.

>fuck you Drumpf, here is more shit about you and your friends!

Fuck that. Call for Higgins.

youtube.com/watch?v=CYunIrWDANU

>Reading CNN

This is wildly done in academia. Explanations are recycled all the time.

Gas all liberals.

There's no way people that retarded should live.

Think about how many people they must have researching hit pieces to come up with stuff like this
Shit that not even the person reading the thesis found they put enough man hours into just for smearing

>what is paraphrasing
CLARKE IS CANCELED

DRUMPF IS STUMPED

Let's be fair, I don't know if CNN actually knows what a source is

Exactly. When writing a paper, if the information is not a direct quotation, then all that's required is a footnote making the source of the info paraphrased. "Lifts language" doesn't equal mis-quoted or unattributed info. CNN is a shit.

Longest lifted direct quote is
>Metadata is the envelope of a phone call or Internet communication. For a phone call it could include the duration of a call, the phone numbers involved, and when it happened. For an email it would include the sender and recipient, time, but not the subject or content
Every quote seems to be edited slightly in the Sheriff's report. With the example above, the original source continued
>. In both cases it could include location information.
But the Sheriff continued
>, and in both cases it could include location information.

There are 83 different instances of lifted exact wording. This is clearly plagiarism. That every quote was edited slightly would suggest it was intentional and he didn't simply have no idea what he was doing (which would be hard to swallow for a Master's Thesis in the first place).

This. Let's spread it to black people. Let them scream at CNN. Plz do it

>So the takeaway is they couldn't find a fucking thing on him for the last 35 years of his life to bitch about.
He wrote the thesis in 2013.

I don't think they'll care. American blacks don't like Clarke. They think that he is a traitor to his race.

This

Wow. Why?

>is black
>is also a cop
it's basically the nig equivalent of the scarlet letter

These are direct quotations.

They are not indicated as such.

At what age were you expelled?

>This is clearly exactly how 90% of all high school and college students write all their essays.

ftfy

he aint down for the cause bruh

I blame Melania for being a terrible influence.

They definitely influenced CNN

*she

>CNN Politics
They are just pissy because he is getting a spot in Trump's DHS and he has been extremely Anti-BLM, very pro-2nd amendment and some people died in his prisons, even though there were happenings that lead to them that were their own fault.

My friends who supported the Republicans wanted him to be DHS head.

Damn, that's more Jews than the Knesset has.

>bullshit news channel
>politicians,presidents wives,potential cabinet members

its all the same

astoounding. they will never stop. empires collapse, because they have to keep doubling down on the lie. it's called the risk o ruin, and it has the same inevitable conclusion... RUIN

can't wait for the buzzfeed/failing nyt/wapo follow up using the new media stylings of
"Trump's new pick for Homeland Security is a plagiarist (This is a Bad Thing)"
>let that sink in.

True. Martin Luther King, Jr. (real name Michael King) plagiarized approximately 1/3 of his doctoral thesis. His biographers and legacy foundation admit as much.

>veteran
>wearing a tiara
how to be taken seirously

>CNN
>Trump can't criticise John Lewis because he was a man who fought for civil rights and he's black. (Also he agrees with us.)
>wtf this black man, Sheriff Clarke, doesn't agree with us? Time for a hit piece.
CNN gives me fucking cancer

>watching CNN

Trivial, technical violations of the MLA handbook are a much more relevant and serious professional transgression for a """""""journalist""""""" than for a law enforcement officer.

>black people have to subscribe to white man's grammar rules

fuck didn't know CNN was racist

>black man caught stealing
news?

THATS RACIST

(((CNN))) is racist!!!

How is this surprising? He's a nigger and he clearly has a low Iq. He can barely speak aside from regurgitated neocon talk points.

>CNN politics
>not CNN politicking
misnomer

Hey T_D boy, no one uses names on Sup Forums, just stick with anonymous unless you actually need to be identified over a certain period of time... in that case you would use a tripcode.

yeah, i always thought that using sources was more of a paraphrasing to fit the flow and format, unless you were truly using the quote verbatim