Thanks Trump, Net Neutrality is Dead

Us conservatives who voted for Trump are not cucks. When Ajit Pai kills net neutrality it will benefit us consumers. Comcast only had 35 billion in gross profit last year which wasn't enough to invest in better services. Obama's net neutrality policies prevented them from being able to throttle connection speeds. Think about it, if there wasn't any speed limits on the highway how would the state generate revenue from drivers. Comcast needs the ability to charge companies for connection speeds in order to maximize revenue. Ajit Pai is not in the pocket of Verizon Communications.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iBt84HNAGwU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fast internet speeds are bad, goy

Ok, but if Comcast block some websites. Why would you keep them as an Internet provider instead of going to another competitor?

>TFW too stupid to understand that Obama never enacted these privacy restrictions because he didn't care or have time but now you're mad online about Trump doing the same thing your prince nigger Obama did

>going to another competitor
>another
You don't know how things work in the USA. Comcast and Charter Communications are monopolies, there are no other options.

The privacy stuff is a completely different topic. For folks who don't know, the Obama administration had a bill that was going to require ISPs to make their consumers opt-in to data mining, but Trump prevented it from going into place. This topic is in regards to net neutrality which is a completely different subject. Stop being team conservative you retard and admit that Trump fucked up. When Edward Snowden revealed the NSA's activities during the Obama administration we liberals admitted that Obama was fucking up. You brainless cuck. You must enjoy losing an open internet and your privacy.

goddamn you're so fucking trash at this, kys

I love paying high prices for low internet speeds, just like my rabbi advised me. maga!

>falling for the "net neutrality" meme

Will you conservatives admit that losing net neutrality is bad. If this happened under a liberal administration I'd be bitching as well. You guys are team red, you don't stand for anything.

I'm open minded and if you can explain to me why losing net neutrality is good I might change my mind. Comcast lobbied against net neutrality, so that alone should tell you that net neutrality is good. Comcast is a heartless corporation and now we have a puppet in the FCC who agrees with Comcast. You can't comment on this subject because in your country you don't have an ISP that everyone hates.

BASED TRUMP, CAN'T WAIT TO PAY FOR SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE TO ACCESS HTTP://REDDIT.COM/R/LE_DONALD

no, because it's not, and you're too fucking stupid to realize this, you're just following orders like a good Jew cock sucker, you should kys

The internet has been dying since the government forced it all to go through its secret servers.

THe solution isnt govt mandated "neutrality".

We need to kill ISP monopoly

>falling for the meme this fucking hard
You should unironically off yourself.

>I don't like something so the government should regulate it
Disgusting statists.

>I like comcast even though they provide internet speeds that are several times slower than the services provided in other 1st world countries.
>Thanks to Trump they can continue logging and selling our search history to their business associates.
>I love that they will now be able to throttle are connection speeds to their competitors like Net Flix and youtube.
You are defending something that goes against your own interest. You are a textbook example of a cuck.

fucking kys, OP, it's over, you won't recover from this level of stupidity on Sup Forums, you should delete this post, clear your internet cache, change your IP addy, post an apology on Sup Forums to all us for wasting our fucking time, and then choke on a fucking 3 for 99 cent tacos at Del Taco while jumping off a fucking cliff

>The competition meme

I just can't believe people support this when getting fucked over by your cable company is such a regular fucking experience in America.

Yeah. Give the guys that put you on hold for two hours any time you have a problem infinite power to pick winners and losers. They'll surely be judicious with it.

>muh youtube and netflix connection, halp, I'm a nigger that doesn't understand what a VPN is
KYS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

Nigga, gtfo. Net Neutrality is one of the few things that are necessary for an internet open to everyone and all ideas.

You're getting paid to concern troll and don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

True, but there being a monopoly now just makes killing net neutrality worse than it would be otherwise. An open market could guarantee net neutrality, but there just isn't an open market for ISP right now.

The ISP market here is less fucked up than it is in the US, but it is still far from an open market. I wonder if there actually is an open market anywhere in the world, considering the high costs for infrastructure and all.

Do a speedtest.
Have you actually read what's in this "net neutrality"?
Nice try, nigger.

>Ajit Pai
Literally Pajeet when last name first.

It's weird, my brain can pick up concern trolling within the first few words before it automatically blurs out the word vomit that follows.

The government and corporations shouldn't have power over the internet.

Thank you. Those who are sad about net neutrality can't get beyond the feel good name.

ROMANIA has the fastest internet in the world. How? No regulation.

Stop reacting based on "feels."

Exactly

>THe solution isnt govt mandated "neutrality".
It was "big government" that prevented the Comcast and Time Warner Cable merger. How exactly do we "kill" the ISP monopoly. Even if a guy like John Oliver makes a video complaining about ISP's monopoly that gets millions of views, it's not going to change anything. Consumers are going to keep subscribing to Comcast because it's the most convenient for them.

>Grocery stores shouldn't have power over food

WTF are you talking about?

Goodbye internet communism.

>TFW unironically thinking Romania isn't a 12th world country full of shit eating gypsies

Convenience is a feature. It proves the market works.

>retarded strawman

MY INTERNET IS CURRENTLY SLOW AS SHIT

IDGAF WHAT THEY DO ABOUT THROTTLING NOW

on the surface, net neutrality seems like something important. but if the last 8 months have taught me one thing, its fuck whatever the MSM is pushing because they are full of shit.

^this

>It was "big government" that prevented the Comcast and Time Warner Cable merger
lets just conveniently forget that time and warner were two separate entities, where was your big government to prevent the merger?

You're right, we shouldn't have any big government intervention. When Comcast tried to merge with Time Warner the big government should have minded their own business and let them do it. They would have had complete control of the market. They would have lowered cost and prices to consumers out of the good will of their heart. The free market fixes everything. Comcast's 35 billion in gross profit wasn't enough for them, they need more money to improve their services. If they just made a few billion more in profits then we'd all have South Korean speeds.

You cuck.

stay mad, fag

Look. Here is my bottom line.

I work at home, over the internet 100% of the time. Most of the people working at my company are also work at home 100%. There isn't any chance that an ISP could charge me or my place of employment more for dedicated service is there? If the cost was manageable but my responsibility then I would swallow it. But my worry is there will be something marginal for my place of employment and that will destroy their buisness model.

I don't see you bitching about the time warner and charter merger that wasn't prevented by
>muh big gubmint

>us conservatives
LOL I love it when shills LARP like this

savage

get a better job, fag, then you can afford fast internet, stop being a gay fucking nigger

top zozzle

>have no free choice for ISP
>need internet, so subscribe to the only one available
>"See, this proves the market is free!"

Full retard right there.

>terrible food analogy

Back to Sup Forums faggot.

What's even more retarded than thinking the Free Market works? Thinking the State works better. God fucking damn you 18 year old Liberal transsexuals are so fucking retarded. You're doing the work of Soros for free, you're not even paid to be this fucking stupid. Holy fucking shit, I hope we get involved in WW3 and all you mother fuckers are incinerated.

Feels bad man. Letting the merger happen maybe would have helped?

Google just needs to run fiber through the whole country and turn roads into solar panels already.

>>thinking internet speed is all the matters

having low latency is critical for VOIP.

For what its worth I get about 160Mb+ down right now. no problem paying extra as i already said.

>you should be inceritated for having this idealism about policy
>doesn't explain a better solution
I feel like you should throw yourself in aswell.

anything trump does is good by default. i actually believe this, wholeheartedly.

you sound extremely angry, try not to have an asthma attack while posting on Sup Forums

Not an argument.

"not an argument" is not an argument.

>the interent is going to be like it was in 2015, when people were dying in the streets because they couldn't pay their ISPs

>Ajit Pai

Thats the problem right there.

Show me where I mentioned the government, idiot. You've got your head so far up your ass that all you can do is project whatever you an see down there on others.

And while you're at it, explain to me:
1) how the current situation is a free market (that works in the interest of it's consumers)
2) how this guarantees ISP's wont fuck over everybody.

tl;dr Make an argument, faggot.

all you fucking faggots sucking on Jew dick, holy fuck, "muh state'll protect me from the evil men", if you can't handle capitalism and competition, you shouldn't have been born. If you can't compete in life, you should just go jump off a fucking cliff. This is why antibiotics should have never been discovered, it allows pussy ass mother fuckers like yourself to have a voice, holy fuck, you faggots are retarded.

>TFW still not an argument.
kys faggot

Yea, it's a statement indicating that you provided no argument. How clever of you to figure that out.

Net Neutrality refers to all websites being, essentially, the same and the property of their administrators. Losing Net Neutrality means that companies can decide which websites you're allowed to visit on their service. It means that they can throttle certain websites and make them unusable. Say you want to look at their competitor's website - if such a competitor exists, considering that there are only two remaining in the country and they both already have an agreement of non-competition - they would legally be able to prevent you from doing so.

Net Neutrality takes sovereignty away from web developers and hosting services, forcing changes on customers and businesses alike focused solely on giving providers more money. It will not improve service because in the current climate there is no need to improve service. There is no need to remove Net Neutrality, opponents often cite overuse of bandwidth by allowing a general use internet but the fact is that if a connection isn't visiting a site, it isn't using bandwidth to connect to that site. Cutting people off from sites they already don't use aids nobody, and simply removes choice and agency from the consumer.

"Muh Roadz!" is not an argument.

Study rhetoric, argumentation and logic.

>Yea, it's a statement indicating that you provided no argument. How clever of you to figure that out.
also not an argument.

>you will never be this angry over posts on an anime imageboard

Do you just not believe in monopolies?

You guys must be on that "alternative facts" shit. You guys have yet to make one argument that explains why it is good that Trump killed net neutrality. Here's the argument in favor of net neutrality:

>Net neutrality gives an equal playing field to everyone which in turn creates more competition. For instance, when moot created Sup Forums back in 2003, he was relying on his mom's credit card to afford hosting, but if ISPs could throttle traffic to Sup Forums, he wouldn't have been able to compete with more established forums like SomethingAwful. Nobody would have went to Sup Forums if the pages took 5 minutes to download.
>Net neutrality prevents ISPs like Comcast from fucking over companies like Net Flix, Youtube, and Amazon. A lot of consumers are cutting their cable and relying on the internet for their entertainment, which pisses off cable companies like Comcast. Comcast can now throttle the connection to their competitors and limit the consumer's options.
>Net neutrality prevents censorship. If an ISP doesn't like what Breitbart news is reporting then they can throttle their traffic.

There's more to the world than just hating jews - who, by the way, own every major telecommunications company in the western hemisphere. This is literally jews getting into government to line the shekelsacks of jews running companies.

>TFW copying Jewish talking points from Shareblue discord and not being paid for doing so then complaining how bad capitalism is when you yourself are working for free for the Jews and too much of a fucking failure at life to find a job.

>Here's the argument in favor of net neutrality:
>reddit shit
>reddit shit
>reddit shit
*yawn honestly*
net neutrality is literally redit

Most of Sup Forums doesn't give a fuck about the internet, they would have the internet completely abolished and dismantled as if it never existed if it meant going back to a traditionalist white ethnostate.

in fact most of the NEET cucks like the Iceland fag above would probably gladly agree to such a thing, because they are clearly extremely angry about being an impotent shitposter with no real power besides being able to shout "KYS KYS DIAF" on an anime imageboard and ending their internet access would only relieve them of their torment.

Once again, where did i say 'state' or 'government'?

So you are just this angry about something you can't explain or put into words in any way whatsoever?

Nobody is complaining about capitalism, you shitheel. You are arguing against arguments that aren't being made. He literally just described how the law functions. Do you not know that the only internet providers in the country also provide cable TV?

>too much of a fucking failure at life to find a job.
imagine projecting this much

Put some sand on that edge, you'll cut yourself on a vietnamese basketweaving forum.

How much are the ISP's paying you?

Just get a cellular plan that you can use as your internet connection.

>MUH REDDIT BOOGEYMAN

Pathetic shilling, you're never gonna get that ten cent raise at this rate.

"Once again, where did i say 'state' or 'government'?

So you are just this angry about something you can't explain or put into words in any way whatsoever?"
isn't an argument, KYS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT, YOU'RE TRASH

you're the actual shill, though

You talk like a nigger.

wouldn't it be in the ISP interests to deliver a good product due to anti trust laws?

something like this could actually break up the monopoly.

Can you actually point out why Net Neutrality is bad or do you just need to shitpost before breakfast?

>NO U

Says the retard who can't form a coherent argument against net neutrality without invoking reddit or CTR.

Jesus just look at this post, look at that mess.

Reminder that if Title 2 wasn't a thing and no government regulation existed, we would've had cheap, symmetrical 10 Gbit internet years ago.

Don't forget that not even Google could afford to bring fiber to multiple big cities such as Chicago as a result of regulations that make it expensive to lay fiber (unless you're the companies lobbying said major politicians in these states and cities).

government allowed these companies to have total control and now we need to eliminate the government so companies will relinquish their massive control

Are you retarded lol

Another argument in favor:
>you won't have to sell your house and starve to death in the streets trying to pay your ISP that has bound you to a lifetime contract at $10000/GB of data for access to a search engine of choice, then $100 for every hit counted and additional subscriptions $5000/mo required for sites like Amazon, YouTube, and eBay like the Internet was in 2015 before Title II was enacted and people in the US couldn't go on Sup Forums because it wasn't prioritized by their ISP

What could make more sense than to keep government out of interfering in a market environment that it created in the first place?

Nigger, Title 2 hasn't been in plase for more than 2 years.

Shill harder.

@ EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE JUST FUCKING KYS, THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING THREAD ON Sup Forums SINCE IT'S INCEPTION, PLEASE, FUCKING PLEASE, KYS, HOLY FUCK, GODDAMN

You are the fucking shill. The internet despises Ajit Pai. Just search for his name on Youtube and look at the dislike ratio: youtube.com/watch?v=iBt84HNAGwU

He might be the most hated man in Trump's administration. He worked for Verizon Communications and now he is doing exactly what Verizon wants. He is the textbook definition of a shill. I think I'm being trolled by you now.

>for more than two years
>when it's literally been around forever
>when ISPs used to be classified under title 1 but then got fucked because of government regulation
Removing title 2 is unironically going to make America have the fastest, cheapest internet in the world.

>wanting google to control your internet
>also wanting net neutrality abolished

Great idea, let the people who censor conservative views and change search results so that fascism is now "a right wing ideology". Way to out yourself immediately as a fucking shill.

trump knows best. kill yourselves if you think otherwise. end you lives asap. by the end of the day at the latest.

>Implying I care if you have to kill yourself to pay for your internet connection.
Why would I care if you lived or died? It would better for me, for you to jump off a fucking cliff.

>no argument

"trust me, goy, the internet said so, this is a democracy"
FUCKING KYS, YOU FUCKING WASTE OF FLESH