Send Help!

/IllinoisGeneral/

I’d like to preface this by saying that I’m a lifelong Illinois resident, bachelor’s degree in History, and more than anything a concerned citizen. Because unknown to the rest of the world, the state of Illinois, the 5th largest in the nation, containing the 3rd largest city, is in a lot of trouble you guys. Let me tell you guys a story of the state of Illinois.

Well a few things are going down right now you guys. The main one that towners know about is of course, Chicago’s gang crisis that’s unprecedented in scale right now. We’re over 200 murders as of today, and at this rate we’ll be around the same pace as last year, which was the deadliest of the decade at 762 murdered in gun violence. [1] The real kicker is that for most citizens of Chicago’s majority White/Asian North Side, violence is actually very rare. The abhorrent number of murders is almost exclusively gang related. In reality, Chicago remains one of the most segregated cities in the entire Midwest, which is already one of the most segregated regions of the country. There are major highways and a large river that separate the different sides of the city, and it’s rare, but possible, that crime penetrates into the rather safe north side. [2]

The real issue in Chicago remains that since JULY FUCKING 5 TH OF 2015, the entire state of Illinois has not had a budget.

(Continued)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZgVP3H122nw
chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-4-killed-19-wounded-in-city-shootings-20170501-story.html
ibb.co/eyjLsa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_Budget_Impasse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Rauner#2014_gubernatorial_election
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Madigan
chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-0505-sizing-up-illinois-htmlstory.html
mishtalk.com/2016/05/27/all-hail-michael-madigan-dictator-of-illinois/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_Illinois#Corruption
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_African-American_population
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>According to the Constitution of Illinois, the Governor is required to submit a balanced budget proposal for the next fiscal year to the Illinois General Assembly. The General Assembly in turn must pass a balanced budget and send it to the Governor's desk to sign before the beginning of the new fiscal year on June 30th. Historically, Illinois governors have presented budget proposals in mid-February, allowing around four and a half months of negotiations before the deadline. Each fiscal year starts on July 1 and ends of June 30 of the following year. Each fiscal year is also named after the year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 16 (FY16) started on July 1, 2015 and ended June 30, 2016. [3]

So what’s the problem you ask? Why can’t the Illinois legislature find a way to compromise and agree to a budget to follow? The main issue is that Illinois remains, as it always has been, one of the most corrupt states this world has ever seen. The Illinois General Assembly is a fucking mess right now. We have a Republican Governor, but a staunchly Democratic Senate and House of Representatives. And every few weeks, they fucking battle it out on chamber floors and nothing gets done, mainly because the Democrats in power would rather die than let Republicans have their way.
So what caused this, you might ask? Well, like a certain leaf on this board that often shit posts, this case seems to simply come down to the dichotomy of “rural and suburban retards vs. city people”. After years of having the floors of our legislators filled to the brim with nothing but democrats (which resulted in a series of arrests and imprisonments of our former governors), the State of Illinois had decided it had enough, and wanted a Republican governor. Look at this election map you guys. [4] Bruce Rauner, Republican champion, despite capturing every single county except for Cook County (Chicago), only won by the slimmest margin this world has ever fucking seen.

>Rauner won the March 18 Republican primary with 328,934 votes (40.13%), defeating State Senator Kirk Dillard's 305,120 (37.22%), State Senator Bill Brady's 123,708 (15.09%) and Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford's 61,848 (7.55%).
The fact remains that there is a huge disconnect between the City of Chicago and the corrupt democrats that are sent to the Illinois State Government, and our current Govenor.
So who’s right and who’s wrong? Do we need a new governor or an entirely new senate and house of representatives? The real answer to that comes back to corruption. Take a wild fucking guess you guys; who’s the longest standing politician in the United States? And guess where the fuck he is? If you guessed Michael Madigan, leader of the House of Representatives of Illinois since 1983. He stays in power because the only group that needs to vote for him to keep his job is his home turf; Democratic Chicago.

You're a nigger

How powerful can one man be?
>Chicago Magazine named Madigan the fourth-most-powerful Chicagoan in 2012 and second in 2013 and 2014, calling him "the Velvet Hammer—a.k.a. the Real Governor of Illinois." Rich Miller, editor of the Capitol Fax Illinois political newsletter, wrote "the pile of political corpses outside Madigan's Statehouse door of those who tried to beat him one way or another is a mile high and a mile wide." [5]
He stays in power because he has amassed a literal army of Senators and Representatives that are willing to die for him. They’ve become so loyal and disillusioned that nobody even questions it anymore when “recommendations” seemingly appear from Madigan advising certain candidates be hired, fired, and moved. Since he’s been in power, in fucking 1983, he’s been behind the scenes in Illionis making sure the Govenmor never gets too much power. Mike Madigan controls Illinois because typically, during every election cycle, he controls both the House and the Senate of Illinois.

If you’re from Illinois, we can demand change, and try and buck the system. But the reality of the situation is that Mike Madigan will always control Illinois because there’s literally no way to ever vote him out.

youtu.be/ZgVP3H122nw

You have Illinois legislators in this video who requested their faces blurred, voices changed, in order to appear. Bruce Rauner can only do so much when he doesn’t even control the building he works in.

I'm Asian actually and I care more about this state than most whites do it seems

Sources:

1. chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-4-killed-19-wounded-in-city-shootings-20170501-story.html

2. ibb.co/eyjLsa

3. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_Budget_Impasse

4. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Rauner#2014_gubernatorial_election

5. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Madigan

I'll bump ya OP.

The sad part is, this is just the most visible set of corruption in the union, I would bet most other states have similar issues but can easily hide them.

I wonder if this stems from the fact the mob is still active and running the state? The mob controls most of the media, so no one even thinks about their existence anymore.

no way! Corruption?!?? In ILLINOIS politics?! You don't say!

Nobody cares about Illinois, not even the people here.

chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-0505-sizing-up-illinois-htmlstory.html

>For the third year in a row, Illinois leads the nation in a dubious category: It has lost more residents than any other state.

>Why does this matter? Because as people exit, so do this state's economic muscle and national political clout. Illinois risks losing another one or two seats in the U.S. House after the 2020 census. Sun Belt states including Texas, Florida and California feast on Illinois' misery: 114,144 Illinoisans left for other states from July 2015 to July 2016. They fled, and keep fleeing, for job opportunities, affordable housing or balmier weather. On two of the three reasons, Illinois can improve its standing.

>Try this: Travel to another state for vacation. Mention that you're from Illinois. What's the response? Envy of an economic juggernaut brimming with opportunity, as once was the case? Nope. Snickering. A notoriously gridlocked government - Democrats who run the General Assembly versus a Republican governor - foments a two-year political budget stalemate that shortchanges social service agencies, universities, school districts, hospitals, nursing homes, families with disabled children, citizens who rely on elder care, parks, museums, recreational facilities ...

>Business, civic and political leaders still hold the power to attract or repel people from Illinois. And so do voters. In 2018, Illinois elects a governor and a new legislature to grapple with the exodus from the state. Or to do nothing different.

Oak lAwn fag here. Please Moab us senpai

>On every block, in every home and school and business, Illinoisans decide: Stay or go? The competition is fierce and not just from sunny states. It comes from job-creating Indiana and welcoming Wisconsin. And from colleges that whisper about Illinois' budget woes and persuade students to never set foot here, or to leave here and never come back.

>As people decide to leave for good or to stay and settle here, they take the measure of Illinois. Today, we'll do the same.

>Here you'll find metrics that we think are vital (or in a few cases entertaining) to understand the state of this state in 2017.

>People don't decide whether to live in Illinois because of, say, its median income or any other statistical measure. They gauge opportunities and drawbacks. Are public debts driving up taxes? Do schools excel at what my child needs? Are superb hospitals and doctors nearby? What about the shopping and theaters and parks? Can I afford a home? Is crime rampant? Those are some of the data points that drive decisions. By many of these measures, Illinois is a troubled state that, after decades of decline, has to change trajectory if it's to hold its people.

>Granted, rankings can be idiosyncratic, relying on sketchy or misleading data. A 1st to 50th ranking is most compelling if your state happens to be in the top five or the bottom five. Illinois usually ranks somewhere in the middle of the pack, which is not fodder for a marketing campaign to attract new business: Illinois - The C Student of States!

It's all Mike Madigan you guys. He very literally controls the entire state. And look at the timings: the budget crisis happened a year after Bruce Rauner was elected. Why? Because Big Bruce wouldn't play ball for a corrupt piece of shit like Madigan.

So what does Madigan do?

HE FUCKING RUINS THE ENTIRE STATE OF ILLINOIS' ECONOMY JUST TO SPITE OUR REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR

mishtalk.com/2016/05/27/all-hail-michael-madigan-dictator-of-illinois/

>One person controls Illinois more than any other. That person is not the Governor. Rather it’s Michael Madigan, Speaker of the House. And it’s been that way for 33 years.

He actually crashed our fucking economy with no survivors you guys. Just to teach Bruce a fucking lesson; you don't ever come into Mike Madigan's house and not play ball.

Illinoisans may elect who goes to the House of Representatives, but they don’t choose their representation – at least not in any meaningful sense. The power belongs to Madigan. And he represents himself.

On a single day in 2011, Illinois lawmakers introduced and passed the largest tax hike in modern state history in a matter of hours.

And on May 25, 2016, House Democrats introduced and passed a 500-page bill in an evening.

Something is wrong with Illinois democracy. Beyond the budget battle, the Land of Lincoln has failed to create enough decent jobs, failed to provide quality care to the state’s most vulnerable residents, and has shackled its children to debt they can never pay.

Contrary to what many people may think, this is not a bug within Illinois’ legislative process. Rather, it is a feature of House Speaker Mike Madigan’s iron grip over it.

In his role as House speaker, a position he has held for 31 of the past 33 years, Madigan has used many of the General Assembly’s administrative rules to eliminate meaningful debate and maximize his power. His ousting of effective, open democracy has harmed Illinoisans of all political stripes.

The House Rules Committee is Madigan’s golden goose.

When a state representative introduces a bill, it goes to the House Rules Committee. The Rules Committee is then supposed to assign the bill to a relevant committee for further discussion.

If only it were so simple.

Instead, Madigan hoards bills in the Rules Committee, which is chaired by his longtime second-in-command, state Rep. Barbara Flynn Currie, D-Chicago. Nothing moves until Madigan gets what he wants. Any bill challenging the speaker’s power, no matter how popular, is as good as dead.

In the current General Assembly alone, reforms on term limits, redistricting and constitutionally protected pension benefits have all been killed in the Rules Committee. Two amendments limiting the number of years a lawmaker can serve as speaker met their end in the Rules Committee, too.

Broad property-tax reform is another popular victim. That’s unsurprising, given that Madigan makes a fortune helping Chicago business owners lower their property-tax bills.

It’s almost comical, until you realize the perversion of democracy at hand.

Illinois is an extreme outlier when it comes to rank-and-file lawmakers’ ability to get a bill out of committee. According to a 2004 study from the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University Law School, Illinois is home to two of only six state legislative chambers in the country where motions to discharge a bill from committee are subject to approval from leadership.

Illinoisans may elect who goes to the House of Representatives, but they don’t choose their representation – at least not in any meaningful sense. The power belongs to Madigan. And he represents himself.

If Madigan chooses to release a bill from the Rules Committee, it ends up in one of more than 50 committees, each chaired by a lawmaker Madigan picks for the job. Those positions come with stipends worth thousands of dollars each.

Oftentimes, those positions don’t even require much work. More than half of Illinois’ House committees have acted on fewer than five bills in 2016. Ten committees haven’t held a single meeting.

Some states, such as Nebraska and South Carolina, have their committee chairmen elected by their peers in the Statehouse. Others have far fewer committees that meet more frequently.

Not Illinois.

Assigning committee chairs comes with a great deal of leverage. And there’s more where that came from.

If a lawmaker is lucky enough to see her bill move out of Rules Committee, monitoring its progress can come with endless frustration.

Madigan can call votes on a wide range of bills at a moment’s notice. Add in his use of hundreds of “shell bills” (bills that make meaningless changes but are ripe for last-second amendments) and it becomes extremely difficult for reform-minded lawmakers to effectively fight for their causes.

It is with these tools that Madigan pulled off the 2011 income-tax hike, which took $31 billion from Illinois taxpayers with no reforms to show for it.

Every once in a while, a mouse will get out of Madigan’s maze. But that lawmaker risks the speaker’s revenge at every turn of the legislative process, not to mention in upcoming elections, where Madigan wields millions of dollars as chairman of the Democratic Party of Illinois.

It takes a rare ego for someone to believe himself capable of running a state on his own. But such is Madigan’s, and he won’t change course of his own accord. The fact the state of the state hasn’t forced the speaker to change is clear evidence of this.

Rank-and-file lawmakers must summon the courage to reform the system. It is inefficient and undemocratic.

No one man should have all that power.

Austin Berg is the writer for the Illinois Policy Institute.

Thanks for the rundown OP, this is the type of post this board needs more of, and less shitposting.

>Chicago’s gang crisis that’s unprecedented in scale right now.

We're not even close to what it was like during the early '90s. Hell, my neighborhood is a lot better than it was a decade ago.

It's not like I don't care about Illinois, it's the fact that the democrats think they can get away with blaming shit on Rauner when he's literally saying "no" to shit that Madigan wants. They don't play close enough attention to what goes on in the House Rules Committee. Can't get them to see they are the party of corruption. I'm just waiting on the gang violence to get so bad that it starts killing the white democratic voters of Illinois.

Illinois is literally PA gone wrong. But if Chicago crashes, you can become MI 2.0

It never will. The habitable parts of Chicago have been improving for the last 30 years. Gentrification has accelerated in the last fifteen. Section 8 is getting pushed out to Rockford and Peoria. The West Side keeps getting smaller, the South Side is beginning to see pioneers.

I hope Blago's writing a book

Thanks OP

What's the relationship between Madigan, Obama, and Valerie Jarrett?

I know, but do you think that will also help fight the corruption of the city? Or would it contribute to it?

I've come here before to complain about Madigan OP, but it never gains traction. See the problem is that all the Dems in this state vote for Madigan out of fear and to stay in the party line. Look at the one guy who didn't vote for Madigan. He didn't recieve his clock or whatever for being in the state senate for so many years. It may seem like nothing but it was a deliberate message to him to shape up or get shipped out of the senate (possibly in a body bag).

The average citizen is too stupid to look at local politics and will vote party lines all the time. The gerrymandering In this state ensures that the representative of that district will stay in it. Madigan has the courts in his pocket, as proven by the last petition attempt to have a third party review district sizes was thrown out on a bogus ruling.

Rauner is trying to fix it but sadly will probably lose the next election because people will blame him for the mess. Why? Because he is the governor, the person everyone knows, as opposed to the real problem your local faceless representative who is the real problem.

Also to be clear Rauner sucks too, but he is all for limiting the legislature's power, for which I am all for. I'd vote for just about anyone that is willing to limit the amount of time these assholes can stay in office.

The government of Illinois, and moreso the rest of the country, need to have third party sized districts and term limits.

west suburban faggot here.

I stay away from the city, living around moderately wealthy people is the best choice.

Wew lad. Just watched the whole documentary there. Scary stuff.

It really is too bad people are so easily manipulated to support a shitstain like this. I mean, his small district he knows everyone's name and makes the 22nd district a "nice" place. I guess when you are benefited from corruption you don't care.

Of course I live in Kansas, a state run by Republicans, and we are having our own funding issues, can't even fund schools. Part of that is teacher unions, but the other part is unclear.

> bachelor’s degree in History
Fuck you. Help yourself first by getting a real career. I'm not gonna help your welfare state. Gtfo.

The entire rest of the state should secede from Chicago.

I'm not even joking.

You guys have an actual opportunity to make it happen.

Fellow Illinoisan. I come from south of Springfield. We know it's the dems and nigger voters from Chicongo, East St.Louis" and Springfield that keep fucking this place up. Hell, we've even had groups from all over come together to discuss if we can split the state in half or at least give Chimpcago to Michigan.

Lake view resident here

Lemme reframe some of OPs stances because they're just run of the mill talk show talking points

While Chicago is rotten, it's still much safer than 70s or 90s Chicago crime and that's despite no real investment in communities or change in policing. They've become safer despite being abandoned.

Two: illinois' Repub gov has no intention of compromising and neither do the Dems. Neither have a mandate which is why it's all tied up. Another election needs to happen because previous elections have produced a wash.

Three: the real problem of Illinois is population and revenue, both of which are going down. A tax hike is coming and no one is politically smart enough to understand that it's inevitable

I'm working in sales right now and I'll be applying to law school in a year from now. Soon I'll be paying for your neet bux with my tax dollars son

No, will never happen. For as many funds that get sucked up from the south to Chicago, the taxes from tourists and the city in general keep the state afloat without the budget.
I get it, CPS is a garbage fire and needs to die desu, and the talking points from southern politicians are not unwarrented, but these are the problems any state has with a major city.

School funding is garbage in the state in general because a lot of the problems with educational funding is it comes from the communities that can afford to tax it. The Naperville school district for example is better than most because they can tax it at a higher level than most other communities because richer people live there. If the state would put up more and not rely on local communities to have most of the burden then the problem of syphoning funds from the lower parts of the state would go away.

Honestly this state would be top tier if it wasn't for Madigan. Normally you cant place the blame on one person, but it's empirically all Madigan's fault. You cannot be in power as long as him and not be blammed for this shitshow.

bumping

and it'll keep that way if the elections go as planned, because the chicagoans will vote democrat no matter what happens, just so they can avoid affiliation with trump. it's gotten to the point where every democrat house nominee is in madigans pocket before they even decide to run. all heil king madigan i guess

You, your shit state, and your shit nation can all burn in hell.

Fuck chicago, fuck americans (youre all niggers), and fuck illinois.

pinhead bastard posting this crap.

>bachelors in history
Stopped reading right there
STEM only or gtfo

>t. Madigan
You realize if everyone was STEM we wouldn't have trashmen, plumbers, electricians, etc?

You'll never beat the corruption in Chicago.

Burn out the ghettos and stop feeding welfare, both black and white, recipients who have been on it for over a year and a have never had a job. Start drug testing before you can get "muh government check". Make sterilization a requirement if you have more than 2 kids and are living off welfare. Hang gang members from light posts through Chicago.

Been awhile since we had a good hangin'.

Deport any illegals and ship low skilled Illinois workers to pick fruit and the like during the harvest seasons in Illinois.

What you guys need to do is actually try to educate your poor. Hold parents and teacher more responsible. Kill of the unions that are obviously corrupt. I know its impossible but try to get your state to pass right to work.

>Madigan
how old is he?
how long till he dies?

Crestwood reporting in!!

bump, illinois is fucked though. i'm from minnesota and you guys are just like 30 years ahead of us in the decay. the crooked backdoordealing liberals that run minneapolis like a ponzy scheme are destroying the entire state just like chicago is to illinois. i do want to get out but the economy is still good.

So. IL checking in. We hate anyone outside of the 618. Fuck northern IL and especially Chicongo.

one more bump

and maybe one more why the hell not

He's old but spry. He is unlikely to die in at least 15. He is trying to make a dynasty with his daughter Lisa Madigan. He has said he will bow out when she runs for governor. When that is no one knows.

Buahahaha, Hold the parents responsible? LOL these parents look at the schools as ways to feed their kids and get them out of their hair so they can do fuck all because they sure as hell aren't working. Also education isn't ghetto culture or hood culture. Start caring about your education and being a decent citizen and your acting "white".

We do hate anyone not from the 618.

You must be a kid. The murder rate is literally half what it was in the late 80s.

I'm about an hour north of Chiraq. Nobody likes this state. They either want to leave, can't leave, or are complacent from drug use.

St. Clair county here, fuck niggers.

Exactly, I went through that shit through middle school and high school because I had good grades. The community itself has an issue that can only be fixed internally. Blame poor people wanting everyone else to be as miserable as them.

We need to get serious about students. When they reach sophomore year of high school give them an IQ test. If they don't show a talent in anything or have a low IQ, have them spend they last two years of high school learning a trade. Not everyone is meant for college. Read "the Bell Curve"

Dems will always have power here; they get niggers and spics to vote against their economic interests and even their personal safety by demonizing white people This will always work until the end of time.

The more interesting question is what happens when Jewish monied interests lose control over their brown pets as demographic change continues. We'll see fewer stooges like Madigan and (((Rahm Emanuel))) as we go full Venezuela into a Detroit-like idiocracy with subhumans like Chuy Garcia.

fuck chicago
t. south illinois

I couldn't agree more, when it comes between me and my brother its a perfect example of why we need to start including trade as a valuable option after school.

Yeah I went to University and now have my BS in ME but I find a lot of people don't fucking belong there. My experiences have showed me that if it were not for a year of depression and my health shitting on me, I could of easily had a 3.75 but was able to limp across the finish line at a easy 3.0. What I found is that there is going to be a larger and shittier generation of engineers getting into the work force that do just horrible work and complain about everything.

My brother on the other hand, even though he nig up his life early but is recovering, has learned a multitude of trade work on his own and is actually worth a lot if it weren't for his weed "addiction." Though I have to give him credit for actually trying to start a business which is better then what most do these days.

>bachelor’s degree in History

You have a bachelor’s degree in baloney.

>You're a nigger

Yeah, he's a nigger for sure.

have a map

You can fuck off I'm a life long Chicago resident and this guy is speaking the truth. I don't care if youre a commie or natsoc, green party or the rent is too damn high party, just look at the track record of Illinois governers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_Illinois#Corruption

Half the fuckin page is about corruption.

Where do you boys think lawyers come from? Do you think you can get a degree in "law" as an undergrad?

It's a stepping stone degree used to transition into law school later. Read my OP boys.

>Sagamon
>Red

Are some of the gang wars between the MS-13 and other Latino gangs muscling into black territories?

Reminder

>
>You can fuck off I'm a life long Chicago resident and this guy is speaking the truth. I don't care if youre a commie or natsoc, green party or the rent is too damn high party, just look at the track record of Illinois governers.
>
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_Illinois#Corruption
>
>Half the fuckin page is about corruption.

Bigger nigger.

it's nice to have an illinois thread
I live in south illinois near st. louis
can I get a quick rundown on the politics of my state?

OP is based as fuck. I love where I come from and I hate seeing what happens. Chicago is a top tier city, way better than the trash can of LA, and way more comfy than NYC.

shits fucked
fuck chicago

okay that's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure

Godspeed, illinon. Hope you can get things under control over there, especially before it spills across the Missouri. Not sure there's much I can do to help.

Regards,
an user from Missouri

>can I get a quick rundown on the politics of my state?
Nonexistent

Mississippi, I mean.**
Jesus christ, I need more fuckin sleep.

9% sales tax? Are you fucking kidding me?

LOL ok Illinois has close to 13 million people in it. 16% or so are on welfare. Blacks make up up around 15% of the population. Half of them, working age, are not working. So at least half of all the welfare, housing, food stamps are going to these people. Sounds like a nigger problem to me.

>tfw I'll never be so tired that I forget which state I live in

Actually, I was talking about the river. The Missouri River feeds into the Mississippi River in (surprise!) Missouri. The Mississippi runs along the line between Illinois and Missouri (the states) whereas the Missouri (the river) cuts across the state (Missouri).

That's only slightly above the national average. Maryland and Virginia manage to function with 30% and 20% black populations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_African-American_population

I'm leaving Illinois soon

If you think we got it bad, just look at louisiana.

Edwin Edwards famously quoted to the press on the day before the election, "I would have to be caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy to lose this election"

he won, ofc

>Bachelor's Degree in History

That was your first mistake.

I lived in Illinois most of my life and it is worse shape than anyone can imagine. Each year 2% of IL millionaires leave the state. IL has massive debt issues but the only people who pay taxes are rapidly leaving. This will force tax hikes to make up the difference which will further increase the exodus in a vicious cycle.

What percentage are on welfare? What percentage of that is blacks? Are the majority clustered together or spread out? How violent is there black population? Is it urban thug culture?

Ding dong

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_African-American_population
>14.88%

The north side is getting less safe. There's gunfire at night in Edgewater and Rogers Park. There's a mosque next to an elementary school on Granville. I noped the fuck out last year and I'm never going back.

Had to look into this. LOL only people voting from the 618 for dems was "east St.louis" and Jackson county, which has a population of niggers straight off the train from Chicongo and has Southern Illinois University of Carbondale. Which is filled with libtards. Makes since.

move to dupage

all of cook is extra pozzed

>I noped the fuck out last year

KEK

TL:DR Nigga

Where at south of Spfld? Chatham native here.

OP- I feel for you. I'm 37 and Mike Madigan was speaker when I was in Jr high. He's a piece of shit and it doesn't help that he's got his daughter as AG trying to run interference for him, suing to stop state employees from being paid to try to force Rauner to accede to Madigan's demands.

My advice: flee the state and don't let your new congressman vote to bail IL out when it inevitably goes bankrupt. They're rapidly running out of a tax base, so it will happen soon.

I visited family in Southern Illinois a few years ago. Spooky at night but otherwise a very comfy place.

Everyone was wearing confederate hats for some reason. And much like the confederacy you should probably secede from the cancer that is Chicongo.

I'm very close to your location, already hit saturation point on 1967 tornado memories.

Fuck man im an illinois resident born and raised and am on the list to become a chicago firefighter which is my plan for when I get out of the military. But Chicago is so shit that I don't know if my job would be safe when it comes to them paying me

The cities with the most niggers are the most corrupt. Explain this politicians.

>Excluding Alaska and South Dakota

Illinois' Republican governor, Bruce Rauner has a net worth of $1 billion. Get on our level!

MTG last standing white threshhold of the South Side

Are you black? If not don't expect money from the government of Illinois.

I live in Dupage, a cop told me 90% of our crimes off the trains from chicago. Shits fucking ridiculous, but unlike the city ferals we have thing called sense of community so our incredibly bored cops jump at this shit. I'm not all that worried though, they are burning down their own neighborhoods. Soon it will all be beautiful high rises and condos.