Is this how property actually works in Bongland?

Is this how property actually works in Bongland?

>Whoever buys the flat will have to either permanently leave at the end of June 2018 or pay the freeholder, the Duke of Westminster, £900,000 to extend it for another 20 years.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4526926/Flat-one-London-s-priciest-squares-sale.html

That house size chart is garbage, I'm in the UK and my floor space is ~240 m2

>London

who cares, not worth going within 50 miles of that shithole unless you work in the city proper

doesn't jew york have some idiotic form of rent control? not to mention that (((they))) own most of the property there anyway. stones in glass houses etc.

sure it is nigel. we all know what you're living in "across the pond"
>pic related

>my anecdote means this data-backed peer-reviewed study is wrong

Yes.
Nobody in the UK actually owns land except a few nobles

The person 'buying the flat' didn't actually buy the flat, someone else actually owns it(the freeholder)

99% of the time when you buy a property you are buying it freehold, meaning you own the property and the land under it. This is just one of those odd things where someone is jewing.

>doesn't jew york have some idiotic form of rent control?
yes but atleast you actually own your property

this wouldn't be a bad idea if the house of nobles wasn't full of iq regressed idiots

I'm more of a fan of clan entitlement than that of individuals. clan ownership encourages eugenics at every level, and is currently how japan, taiwan, and korea are run

genetic iq privilege shouldn't be lost to the ravages of the market.

You can buy property and put it in a family trust

you should read your post again

you're missing the point compeltely

ANYONE can buy property and put it in a family trust, and then that trust, as well as the market, is sensitive to market pressure and government regulation

the upper middle iq population deserves caste privileges to prevent legal predation by the lower classes.

if the upper classes don't need to maximize the profit of industry, like in japan or korea, then they don't destroy their own country. they enjoy privilege and try to make a profit while slowly improving the country

>someone dumb enough to live in thailand going on about muh genetics and muh iq

Doesn't stop you degenerates going over to Thailand for fucky fucky 5 dorror u suck my girl cock!

you, on the other hand, lack basic reading comprehension or a basic understanding of economics

if the sole store of value is fiat in what are essentially escrow accounts, not only is your money conditionally insecure, it is BY LEGAL DECREE insecure, and by legal impotist designed to remove its control from your grasp

go ahead, you idiot. sink all your money into a superannuation fund and make fun of me for takng a vacation and see how that works out for you. lol

Don't pay your property taxes and tell me what happens in the US. For a debt to the government for as little as $1,000, the government can force the sale of a property that is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. While typically a property at tax auction is worth less, the fact remains that the government can and will size your property for an unpaid tax as little as $1,000.

We do not own our houses in the US either. While we have a mortgage, the bank owns it. Even if you have 80% of the mortgage paid off, if you miss three mortgage payments the bank will size the house. Does that sound like you or the bank own the house.

Once the bank is paid off, you own the house right?. No, you could have dutifully paid your taxes for 30 years, have a bad
financial break, and beven unable to pay your taxes for just one cycle. Guess what, the government will come and take that house that you paid off in full.

None of us actually own any property in the US.

>size your property
* seize

>size
*replace "size" with "seize" anywhere where it appears in my post. Autocorrect, apparently does not like the word "seize".

desu mate there's nowhere in the world you can legally own property anymore other than switzerland (and not for long.)

majority of countries have a 50% total tax burdern, countries like singapore are essentially just for island hopping billionaries looking to hop ship, who will leave singapore when it goes to the muslims.

not a single country left. the world has gone to the dogs

allodial title is real ownership

I don't think that allodial title exists anywhere in the world any more for "commoners". People think that they are homeowners, but, in reality, they always have a superior landlord who can seize their property.

not every country uses anglophone terminology

plenty of countries until very recently basically had defactor ownership without property taxes. taiwan is one of them. the entire structure of the country is built up around shacks owned by peasants who refused to give up their title and who maintain ownership.

>but, in reality, they always have a superior landlord who can seize their property.
...and to whom they must pay rent (mortgage or taxes) to maintain their property rights.

Honestly, does this type of property interest sound like a leasehold or a freehold to anyone?

of course it is. 2% property tax rate means you pay the value of the property in taxes back to the state over a 20 year period.

it's a lease.

the state presists on tax revenue, and only the upper classes can generate taxes. so property is turned into a yoke to farm the upper classes.

markets form an adequate vehicle for wealth when paired with secure property holdings, gold, exit, etc.

property exists to fool middle class semi-idiots into being slaves. no one with half a brain sinks their net worth into land

Yeah, I am not concerned with the vocabulary, but the actual property rights that an owner has. Is there anywhere in the world where one can purchase property for cash without encumbrance and without a superior landlord (bank or government) who can seize your property for failure to pay rent (taxes or mortgage).

How much does rent even cost for you burgers/non Brits?

Here a small apartment costs £700 per month, usually a deposit of another 6 weeks (say £900), then if you're from an agency, a small security deposit of about £100 sometimes, then up front fees of up to £500 including tenancy agreement, holding fees, whatever they want to charge you. Then, for the running of the flat, there is Council Tax (roughly £100 per month depending), then water, electricity and gas (say another £150 per month), internet/TV charges (say about £20 per month if you want something decent, TV licence (lol)), then getting a white van man to move your shit (about £50-100). Plus most landlords will charge fees if you forget the rent. Then there's shit like your car, clothes, food as well....

All in all a small-to-decent apartment will cost about £2000 to get upfront or up to £3000 ($4000 USD) if you're using an agency. And then around £1000 ($1300) per month.

That is pretty conservative, cities are a lot more expensive. And also that is single occupancy (yes Britfags, that's with the 25% council tax discount if you are renting single).

>of course it is. 2% property tax rate means you pay the value of the property in taxes back to the state over a 20 year period.
>it's a lease.

game, set, match

closest places that come to mind are new zealand (no cap gains or property taxes iirc) hong kong, and taiwan. in the latter two, the government actually really lacks the ability to seize property, even in the case of poor maintenance. there is a very small property tax, though, which is extremely recent.

the latter two are the closes that I can recall. I mean, it actually really fucks up their cities, unfortunately. I like the idea of mandated demolishing and reissuance of title upon reconstruction, which is basically what happens in japan (but with insane taxes.)

>That is pretty conservative, cities are a lot more expensive
Where did you get this complete nonsense? Those prices are insane and you're being ripped off if you actually pay that. My mum rents a 3 bed semi for £425 a month.

where I live in suburban america, rent costs 1k USD a month for any place where you won't get shot to death. noninclusive. health insurance, even if unemployed, is about 300 a month for a single white man. mandatory car insurance, etc.

god bless the land of the free.

I literally make more money than computer programmers by working for less than min wage in asia, lol

what the fuck is council tax?

i pay $375 a month with no utility costs and i live in the second largest city in the second largest state

China has a unique way of technically respecting property rights while still forcing the owner out. pic related

I am in favor of this response. hippies chaining themselves to trees should not be taken seriously

all of the cities immediately surrounding hong kong are now much nicer to live in than hong kong.

there needs to be a pragmatic balance.

what the US will do is respect the hippies chained to trees andt hrow you n prison for stayng in your house, which is the WORST of both worlds

South west area. It's not complete nonsense, this is what people pay and that really is conservative compared to some more lucrative areas or the new luxury estates. You can put double figures on the monthly rent for that here and it's no joke. You might come from the midlands or the north. Ha, a 3 bed semi for £425 here? Sure, in a 3 bedroom house where you have a bedsit. I was once paying £450 for a room in a house. Didn't include the bills either.

As a leaf living in Bongistan right now, you guys have the worst real estate ever. Literally no floor space, very little garden areas and literally everywhere you go is terraced third-world-tier houses with exposed piping that people fork out ten's of thousands for. I don't get it. People pay good money for these shoebox houses.

This is true

>South west area
Definitely being ripped off, I'm in Gloucestershire.

>I was once paying £450 for a room in a house
Would you like to buy a bridge too?

>WORST of both worlds
Yeah, we have reached the point in the US at which the landlord (government) can seize property from the home"owner" under eminent domain, not for public use, but to transfer title to another private individual or corporation because the government likes how the new "owner" will use the property more than the current private "owner".

I don't think you understand how big of a country this is. If you want a shitty one bedroom apartment in southern California or New York City you'll pay $3000 per month. The same thing in the midwest is like $500 per month.

That's if you refuse to pay. You idiot.

It's not like your one day late paying property tax they burn your house down.

want me to show you some real estate peasants live in in thailand? the living conditions throughout much of the U.S. and western europe are FAR below that of vast tracts of the third world.

Dope house wood live

It's all relative but the Brits have absolutely no excuse for this horseshit. Also listed buildings are a thing which doesn't even make sense. If a building is too foundationally unstable it should be torn down. It's a waste of land and a waste of time going forward. I realise there should be protected buildings but listing every fucking building is stupid.

*** pic unrelated - it's Amsterdam, where at least they have their shit figured out better than bongs

Alot of the houses in the UK are terraced, they were built during the industrial revolution to house workers. Built from brick and stone they aren't big, but they are sturdy as fuck and don't blow over every time there is a storm. Because we live on an island land is expensive but that's just the reality of it.
I live in a very white town and I'm happy to pay the premium for safety and a low crime rate.

my parents own the freehold on their house

too bad it's in south wales

>what the fuck is council tax?
Revenue for local emergency services like police, ambulance and fire, and the local council themselves.

Probably because you live in beaner-infested San Antonio. Here I can walk around and never worried about being kidnapped by a Hispanic and my family being tortured to death for making the wrong gang hand gestures.

I hold up my hand, I'm honest, these are the prices for rent here. One bedsit I paid for was actually decent, like £280. But look around Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth, anywhere you go. I've rented a LOT of places and this is the standard. Either you are getting it easy, trolling, or I am a dumb twit. (Probably that to be fair)

>buy a bridge
I can see Severn bridge from my house.

Yeah I know that but it doesn't change much- there's still a great disparity in rent prices. In Hulls and Newcastle, rent is massively different than it is in Coventry or London. You can be a small country but still have big disparity.

...or if you literally can't pay.

Let's say that you dutifully paid property taxes for thirty years.

Let's say that your house is paid off in full

Let's say that you are elderly and ran into a real financial bind. You must choose between eating and paying your delinquent $1,000 in property taxes.

The landlord (government) will seize your $150,000 "asset" forcefully, just to retrieve the $1,000 of rent (taxes) that you owe.

My whole point is that you do not actually own any real estate in the US. You are a leaseholder and the government and/or bank is the landlord to whom you pay rent.

I was paying £1300 a month just on rent on a one bed flat in a semi decent area in London. And the shower leaked

council tax is money that goes to local government to pay for refuse collection, schools, etc.

in china they levy higher taxes on locals to deal with increased crime. this is why you sometmes see videos of crowds of old chinese women curbstoming young men, and people tying muslims to trucks and dragging them down the street

that's just London you retard

NYC is probably just as bad

I'll be buying property in the more rural parts of Northumberland. Its the only place locally will livable property prices.
It sucks all over but London more so for obvious reasons.

POO

>muh anecdotal evidence!! REEE!!

Settle down Nigel, jesus fuck

>pay the premium for safety and a low crime rate.
That's what it really is to be honest. Rent prices are ridiculous now, but there's no real crime anymore. The biggest problem in our area is probably ketamine dealers and the occasional drink-driver.

Sounds lovely

do you peasants seriously not know what leasehold and freehold mean???

Also England is more densely populated than Holland and everywhere else in Europe (except Malta). People pay hundreds of thousands for the same kinds of houses you see all burnt out and boarded up in Baltimore

Literally everyone on my street is white and everyone says hello and good morning to each other. It's supposed to be one of the rough areas in town but even the dodgy houses with their staffys and pitbulls will say hello. I know some people who have moved to London in some more "ethnic" areas and have never even talked to their neighbours.
Basically living in a white British area is fucking great.

same. whether its a council estate or some nicely decorated old people street.

Install solar panels on the roof, drill a well and get a small helicopter, problem solved. Your move Communists.