Mount Everest's Hillary Step collapses

IT'S LIKE POTTERY

>A rocky outcrop on Mount Everest known as Hillary Step has collapsed, mountaineers said on Sunday, making the climb even tougher for those who dare to attempt reaching the summit.

>The news was confirmed by British mountaineer Tim Mosedale in a post on Facebook.

>"It's official - The Hillary Step is no more," he said.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/21/mount-everests-hillary-step-collapses/

Haha geology BTFO

It was named after the first person to Climb Mt.Everest, not Hillary Clinton.

Clinton is a really fucking common Surname

Hillary Clinton was named after the first person that climbed Everest, Sir Edmund Hillary, by her own admission.

But that's a bullshit story... one of her many lies.

Haha now autism BTFO

She also dodged sniper fire, by her own admission

>making the climb even tougher for those who dare to attempt reaching the summit

When will this meme end? If you are in good physical condition with resources, climbing Mount Everest in 2017 is no problem

The only reason so many fail is they have no business being on the mountain, they have the resources but lack the body to do it.

The tour I climbed with literally had enough oxygen to get us to the moon walking. The idea that this is a hard mountain to climb is just hilarious to me.

Everest is for rich tourists.

K2 is the shit.

That doesn't make the symbolism any less sweet, user.

Sir edmund hillary climbed mout everest in 1956
Hillary clinton was born in 1947

That bitch is so stupid she claimed to be named after Sir edmund henry to his face b/c of him climbing mount everest even though the bitch was born 6 years before it happened.

Lil kids here thinking they will climb Everest easy... Nobody even mentions altitude, fukin in clowns

On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard is it to climb Everest?

Because bad weather or mistakes any climber can make never happen. If something goes wrong don't worry, you're only thousands of feet from the nearest camp on top of the fucking world.

But yeah, you're a badass and this is ez is stuff for even an amateur.

I've thought K2 was worse. Though with the collapse of this step, maybe Everest has developed a K2 "bottleneck" of its own.

Tha is op you beat me to it.

HILLARY BTFO EBIN

Wtf it costs over $50,000 to climb this thing? I don't even have that much in the bank. Guess this sport is for rich people

Bad weather and "mistakes" can happen to an isolated climber, someone who is climbing with a professional group of mountaineers will never climb during bad weather nor will he be in the position to do mistakes.

All the good professional teams operate on the assumption that the person who paid them is a complete idiot, so you are climbing Mount Everest with training wheels and you will never have problems with oxygen which is the biggest problem.

Read above. There is maybe 10% of the world population that would not be able to do it with the support of a professional tour group, but for most of people it will be a monetary issue.

fucking climate change
thanks, drumpf

beautiful

About $70,000